First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-08-08 13:55:51
Link | Citer | R

The new Ifrit Ring +1s work. ^^

(Done with VV/RR/AO Atmas, no food, no Boost spell, no buff items, lights not built-up, while using this gear set.

and...

and...

(no buffs)

Meow :3
By fractalvoid 2014-08-08 13:57:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Skjalf said: »
no Boost spell

slacking
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-12 06:05:37
Link | Citer | R

Dunno if this was common knowledge or not, but looking like the Afflatus Solace/Cure potency goes past the 50% cap.

Someone feel free to verify.

Original cure III: 490.
After 2 JP (With Solace up): 496.
After 4 JP (With Solace up): 502.
After 4 JP (With Misery up): 490.

Yay, some JP to be excited about!!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Legato
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Legato 2014-08-12 06:08:06
Link | Citer | R

wow that is great. me and my LS members were discussing that and nobody could really understand if the fixed amount thing would bypass 50% cap! nice to see you discovered it does :D
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-08-12 06:33:33
Link | Citer | R

So it's basically as expected: functionality identical to Magic Damage in that it adds directly to the base cure amount. Ergo, 1 JP adds 2 to the cure, but 50% cure potency increases this value to 3. It's not breaking 50% cure cap at all.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-08-12 06:37:53
Link | Citer | R

So, either they broke the game or this is intentional, but Solace is now giving stoneskin effect to Cura and Curaga spells.

[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-12 06:43:17
Link | Citer | R

Oh my, so it does. Hope this is intentional!
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2014-08-12 06:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Nothing in the patch notes about it, so I highly doubt it was intentional... :/
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-08-21 05:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Must say, dual-wielding Gabaxoreas (Path C: Accuracy+10 DEX+7 Phys. dmg. taken -3%) is fun! The low delay (Delay:216) is very nice. Furthermore, the both the melee attack and weapon skill damage is surprising good. While Realmrazor / Hexa Strike damage might be 1~2k+(?) less than with Mjollnir with Sindri / Cagliostro's Rod, it seems mobs can be killed faster due to the lower delay. Reminds me of the days of using two STR Tutunuis. :)
By Firebrandt 2014-08-25 12:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Hey all, I just returned from a 6-year break so all of this equipment and these abilities are a bit foreign to me.

I am currently level 88 but am preparing for what gear to aim for once I am 99.

Are the gear sets in the OP relatively current? Also, I noticed that there is little difference in terms of amount cured between the Optimal Healing skill set and the high MND set. I was going to just aim for the high MND set since it'll also help with Enfeebles, but am I missing something? Sort of seems like a no brainer...

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-08-25 13:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Firebrandt said: »
Hey all, I just returned from a 6-year break so all of this equipment and these abilities are a bit foreign to me.

Are the gear sets in the OP relatively current? Also, I noticed that there is little difference in terms of amount cured between the Optimal Healing skill set and the high MND set. I was going to just aim for the high MND set since it'll also help with Enfeebles, but am I missing something? Sort of seems like a no brainer...

Thanks!

Sets are pretty current. Healing Magic Skill effects cures much more than MND now. So that's the reason for that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-25 13:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Emyprean armor is still quite good for WHM, and pretty easy to get now with some cheap item level gear.

Body is a must have for single targets cures whenever you have Afflatus Solace up.

Legs are extremely nice for cure as well as they convert 5% of the amount you cure for back into MP, therefore reducing your MP cost of your cures.

Feet are still a strong Enhancing Magic piece.

Head still has a nice side bonus for being able to occasionally AoE you -na spells erase for Non-Yagrush WHM's.

and 4/5 (everything but legs) are still very nice to use for the set bonus on bar spells.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-25 13:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Here is what I use for various ~ it's not a comprehensive list, and I'm sure the Holy and Curaga sets might be improvable, but these sets are definitely Good and gives you an idea what to use.

FYI My Gandewitha has Max Potency Augments ~

Cure precast:

ItemSet 320299

Cure Spell:

ItemSet 320295

Curaga Spell:

ItemSet 320019
ItemSet 320296

Barspell:

ItemSet 320298

Enfeebling :
Notes: Staff is DMG+ 16 MND+6 Macc+22

ItemSet 320303

Holy & Banish:
Notes: Staff is DMG+15 CHR+5 MAB +15

ItemSet 320305
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-25 15:21:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Firebrandt said: »

Thanks!

Healing Magic Skill effects cures much more than MND now.

Only on single target, Curaga still goes by the old formula.
[+]
By perryk 2014-08-25 17:10:34
Link | Citer | R

The sets in the OP are not too horribly out of date. The main things missing from the OP are the Theophany+1 set and the Piety+1 set. It's not too hard to tell from the stats on those where they fit in to the picture, and I think there were several posts here about them when they came out. There are a couple nice items from the High-tier missions also missing. These items do let you have a little more leeway in some of the max sets - for example, you can reach Cure potency+50%, and emnity-50 in one set with slots leftover for more healing magic skill, conserve mp, or whatever else you want.

That stuff is all really icing on the cake - as others mentioned, the Orison+2 set is still whm's bread and butter. Get that whole set, get a +50% cure potency set, and build from there.
 Ragnarok.Evalyn
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Evalyn 2014-08-25 17:46:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Barspell:

ItemSet 320298

I don't play WHM, so my knowledge is rather limited, but would it not be more beneficial to equip the entire Orison armor set because it augments the barspell, or is the +27 effect on the Piety pants more beneficial?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-25 18:19:11
Link | Citer | R

Piety Pants
By perryk 2014-08-26 07:57:37
Link | Citer | R

Piety Pantaloons +1 give you 30 additional magic resistance on barspells (and +22 enhancing magic, which is effectively 5 additional resistance, since you can't reach 500 enhancing with 4/5 Orison without Piety Pants). Each piece of Orison+2 gives you a 2% chance of completely resisting magic of the same element as the barspell. So you're looking at:

Orison pants: 2% chance of completely resisting
Piety pants: Increase from ~155 resistance to 190 resistance, a 22% increase in elemental resistance on every spell.

Piety pants are definitely the way to go.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-26 09:27:59
Link | Citer | R

perryk said: »
Piety Pantaloons +1 give you 30 additional magic resistance on barspells (and +22 enhancing magic, which is effectively 5 additional resistance, since you can't reach 500 enhancing with 4/5 Orison without Piety Pants). Each piece of Orison+2 gives you a 2% chance of completely resisting magic of the same element as the barspell. So you're looking at:

Piety pants: Increase from ~155 resistance to 190 resistance, a 22% increase in elemental resistance on every spell.

Bolded part means nothing, since barspells as far as I have seen, are not subject to the 500 Enhancing Magic cap. 5 Enhancing Magic = 1 Barpsell on the stat menu. And keeps going over 500 Enhancing Magic.

It's the only enhancement stat I've seen that does that. It doesn't change the fact that piety pantaloons +1 are still better just because of the sheer massive amount of barspell they add, though.
By perryk 2014-08-26 12:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Bolded part means nothing, since barspells as far as I have seen, are not subject to the 500 Enhancing Magic cap. 5 Enhancing Magic = 1 Barpsell on the stat menu. And keeps going over 500 Enhancing Magic.

It's the only enhancement stat I've seen that does that. It doesn't change the fact that piety pantaloons +1 are still better just because of the sheer massive amount of barspell they add, though.

Huh. Are you sure? I've never tried it myself, but bg-wiki says it caps at 500:

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Barspells

Quote:
Elemental Barspell potency caps at a base of +150 or 500 Enhancing Magic Skill. WHM can increase this to up to +185 with merits and gear.

Was this changed at some point? Obviously this is somewhat out of date, since merits and gear can now increase this to at least 190, even with a 500 cap.

Also, over 300 skill, every 4 skill gives 1 additional resistance.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-26 12:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Huh. Are you sure? I've never tried it myself, but bg-wiki says it caps at 500:

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Barspells

Quote:
Elemental Barspell potency caps at a base of +150 or 500 Enhancing Magic Skill. WHM can increase this to up to +185 with merits and gear.

Was this changed at some point? Obviously this is somewhat out of date, since merits and gear can now increase this to at least 190, even with a 500 cap.

Also, over 300 skill, every 4 skill gives 1 additional resistance.

You would be right Perryk, but the 500 cap does not exist on Barspells, it does for everything else however. This wasn't changed, its just that is wasn't easy to get past 500 skill substantially enough to properly test it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-26 12:49:22
Link | Citer | R

My sets are pretty much top tier (minus +1 legs but meh) I have 0 mp issues on tojil runs without Ballads (Makira and Kitha can atest to this) which isn't much to brag about but, compared to most whm's thats definately a big deal as they can't survive without it.

These sets allow for decent recast / mp tic during spells and a high amount of Cure potency allowing for more MP efficiency per spell.

The Barspell set is as good as you can get without adding skill earrings and +1 legs. 2% to nullify is *** nothing, why take a chance to take 0 damage against a spell that deal 800 damage when it can be reduced to 510 by adding these pants? Seems counter intuitive to me ~

WHM is very common sense to play you can pretty much get away with a good curaga set, a half arsed Cure set and a Reasoable barspell set, if you don't have reforged relic yet, Relic +2 are Still CONSIDERABLY BETTER than AF3+2 pants for barspells.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-26 13:17:55
Link | Citer | R

My sets are pretty much top tier (minus +1 legs but meh) I have 0 mp issues on tojil runs without Ballads (Makira and Kitha can atest to this) which isn't much to brag about but, compared to most whm's thats definately a big deal as they can't survive without it.
Devil's advocate here but all of the delve 1 NM curing for the most part can be handled easily with accession regen IV minus boss and throat stab-esque moves so even then without outside refresh source that isn't really a great picture to paint for efficiency.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-26 13:20:42
Link | Citer | R

I get to gear my whm soon, and I'm not looking forward to reading this thread...
 Leviathan.Fosco
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fosco
By Leviathan.Fosco 2014-08-26 15:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I get to gear my whm soon, and I'm not looking forward to reading this thread...
You only need to read the first page and the last 2~3 pages and you'll be fine.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-26 15:04:29
Link | Citer | R

I have a lot of the items to relic+1 stuff, and have the orisons +2 set (thank you login campaigns+ a bit of farming), but need a crapton of seals to reforge the relic and af still, I know not all of it is "useful" but I like my ***in sets.

I'm mostly going to have to just look at the cap #'s and work off that, I don't use gearswap, but I may consider it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-26 15:04:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Loire said: »
Devil's advocate here but all of the delve 1 NM curing for the most part can be handled easily with accession regen IV minus boss and throat stab-esque moves so even then without outside refresh source that isn't really a great picture to paint for efficiency.

Thats why I said its not a big deal ~

but you are right about that.
 Bismarck.Stanislav
Serveur: Bismarck
user: daNpwr
By Bismarck.Stanislav 2014-08-28 10:39:19
Link | Citer | R

If you're not getting songs, get a new bard
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-08-28 10:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stanislav said: »

We did it as a challenge to prove to another player in group it was possible. BRD was constantly asking if I was sure ;)

It's more a point to show that the set sposted are good enough to get it done without it. I'm not advocating not having songs if they're available.

The contents pretty blah, I needed a way to keep it entertaining.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-08-28 10:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stanislav said: »

We did it as a challenge to prove to another player in group it was possible. BRD was constantly asking if I was sure ;)

It's more a point to show that the set sposted are good enough to get it done without it. I'm not advocating not having songs if they're available.

The contents pretty blah, I needed a way to keep it entertaining.

Replace your DDs with pups, that should keep you entertained for a while
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19