New Guildwork Plugin Data - Merits & Key Items
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Bleu
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Bleu
By Lakshmi.Bleu 2013-02-20 15:38:38
Link | Citer | R

So.. I went to a title NPC, changed title, /gw flush... and everything finally showed up. *shrug*
 Asura.Yomisha
Serveur: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-02-20 15:40:53
Link | Citer | R

Just give it time, lol. With so many people forcing updates and such, it's bound to get clogged. I went afk for 30 minutes and came back, it was updated. :o
By Hidari 2013-02-20 19:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Ow, my head. I dunno if anybody else has come across this, but it's related to this GW update and it makes my head hurt.

That is to say, the update caused Rank Envy.

Names changed and shorthanded for obvious reasons.

Soooo... Is this a feature or a bug? :P
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-02-20 19:26:23
Link | Citer | R

quite possibly the stupidest thing I've read all day
[+]
By Hidari 2013-02-20 19:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Hence why my head hurts. >.<
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-02-20 19:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Hidari said: »
Ow, my head. I dunno if anybody else has come across this, but it's related to this GW update and it makes my head hurt.

That is to say, the update caused Rank Envy.

Names changed and shorthanded for obvious reasons.

Soooo... Is this a feature or a bug? :P

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Karichan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2013-02-20 21:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if I like the way achievements are being handed out now.
Having jobs leveled before was already a super easy way of getting tons of points. Now merits are furthering that.

My only complaint is that within the top players on my server, I can name a bunch that are simply not good players, have nothing of value [maybe 1 or 2 empies?], but they have every job leveled and meritted because Abyssea isn't hard.

Not that anyone really cares about ranking, but I think more good players were higher ranked before than now. [This actually boosted my ranking so I'm not really complaining xD]

I guess more changes are to come though, should be neat.
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-02-20 21:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Well, empyreans are really only an "achievement" @95+. Relics are still somewhat of an achievement, just due to gil cost, but should be much less than 99 empyreans. Are empyreans, even 99, really only 5k? Mythics should be worth 4x the points of relics, not 3k more points. Etc. etc. There's a lot wrong with the point system, so I don't even worry about it. It's definitely not an adequate portrayal of one's "achievements."

I mean, leveling one job to 99 is worth 1/2 of a mythic...
[+]
By Zackan 2013-02-20 21:45:42
Link | Citer | R

How do I link my Guildwork to my windower? I had used it a long time ago but I forget how. I need to figure out how to log in to it in game.
By Chimerawizard 2013-02-20 21:51:55
Link | Citer | R

I am looking forward to upgraded weapons getting more points, and ebisu on the list too. I think that item is about as hard to get as a level 90 empy... That doesn't say much since a group can bang that out in a few days.
 Siren.Calnus
Serveur: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-02-20 22:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Well, empyreans are really only an "achievement" @95+. Relics are still somewhat of an achievement, just due to gil cost, but should be much less than 99 empyreans. Are empyreans, even 99, really only 5k? Mythics should be worth 4x the points of relics, not 3k more points. Etc. etc. There's a lot wrong with the point system, so I don't even worry about it. It's definitely not an adequate portrayal of one's "achievements."

Assuming that Scragg's partnership with guildwork means that Stanislav still plays XI and has a good handle on the difficulty of each individuals weapon value.

As of current the points are fine for base values unadjusted. But when the 80 85 90 95 99 99II becomes a scale of higher points, I'm sure he has the proper guidance on how to scale accordingly. While relics are easier almost everyone stops at 95 due to 5 marrows being 2/3 of another relic+.

The changes Scragg are making is a step in the right direction and the utility of guildwork allows for a multitude of tracking on things that matter. Most of the features such as notable items, key items, or separate stages will help make the system balanced and worth taking note of.

The reason for the imbalance and people laughing at the legitimacy of FFXIAH achivement points is because people exploit the system in the name of points. We see a few individuals who dual boxed every emp to 80 in the game while obtaining 1-2 relics and leveling all jobs to 99 just to look good on paper sitting at number 1. What was fun to notice is during today's update almost everyone with 20/20 99's didn't even bother to merit (or properly merit) any of the said jobs.

(Of course you also have the hipsters who act too cool to care about their points/ranking while caring VERY deeply on the inside, like myself) <-not really

Peoples laziness became very apparent on siren when the entire 1-50 rank shifted in crazy ways. It will only become more apparent when all the 80/85 emps and half *** achievements actually become distinguishable from those with 99 emps and relics.
[+]
 Shiva.Karichan
By Shiva.Karichan 2013-02-20 22:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Helel said: »

This is pretty much my complaint.
Exp either needs to be worth waaaaay less than it is now, or other achievements need to be boosted in points.
Mythics take a very long time to complete, 99ing a job takes like a day for most people.

I'd really like to see points show some sort of real ranking.
By Zackan 2013-02-20 22:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Someone should Post there idea of what points should be, that may help.

99ing job is pathetically easy yes. But I guess you would need to see the points as flexible and evolving. If abyssea and books didnt exist, level 99 points would probably be worth as much as they are. But Abyssea does change its value. What would be interesting is if it were possible to track SKILLS!

As far as I am concerned a level 99 job, with there A skills capped and full +2 Empy Armor + 3 Accesories. This is worth its weight in gold. Yes there is way better gear out there but If I am playing and someone randomly asks for a random job. I will volunteer only my jobs that have armor, accessories and skill cap or close to(like 350+) and merits.

So it is iffy. Random person with all 99's yes make a 99 worth like 500 points or something.

But what if you are that person that ALL of your 99's are actually USEABLE? For them the reduction is unfair.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-20 22:25:46
Link | Citer | R

I still feel that the value of a lv 99 job is a bit high, having a lv 99 job as half the value of a mythic is DDDDDD:

other than that awesome changes!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-20 22:38:36
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, 2mil worth of afk leeching vs. 400+mil worth of Alexandrite and then quests and missions and ***.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-02-20 22:49:16
Link | Citer | R

I actually really like the thought of tracking all skill levels. Magic and combat both and giving points per each. Reduce the points from the actual levels but include the skill levels in the calculation so we know the difference from a burned 99 job and one that was properly used and skilled up with.

I really like that.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-20 22:50:15
Link | Citer | R

I think we should wait a bit before requesting values be changed since Adoulin is coming out soon which will add a lot more to the system.

Values do need to be changed though, I just think it would be best for Scragg to tackle it all at once instead of now and then again after the release.
[+]
 Shiva.Karichan
By Shiva.Karichan 2013-02-20 22:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Calnus said: »
I actually really like the thought of tracking all skill levels. Magic and combat both and giving points per each. Reduce the points from the actual levels but include the skill levels in the calculation so we know the difference from a burned 99 job and one that was properly used and skilled up with.

I really like that.

Even if it didn't give achievement points, it'd be neat to track skills.

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I think we should wait a bit before requesting values be changed since Adoulin is coming out soon which will add a lot more to the system.

I thought so too, but since this update already started changing ranking around, figured I'd voice an opinion as well.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-20 22:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Really though, XP can only become easier to get unless they delete Abyssea. We've seen all the Alexandrite/ToAU patches now and Mythics are still twice as expensive as relics. I think you can pretty safely say that they aren't going to get even easier when Adoulin comes out.
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-02-20 22:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »

Values do need to be changed though, I just think it would be best for Scragg to tackle it all at once instead of now and then again after the release.
Besides mission progress, I don't honestly see anything else really worth holding out for on changes. The expansion won't be finished up on release just like the others, and to be frank some changes are really nice to finally see instead of waiting about 1.5 years for things that should have been changed awhile ago (No disrespect to scragg).

I would venture a guess that the entire reason most of these changes and future possibilities are thanks to guildworks ability to pull data from the game... not from the LSC which was very limited to begin with.

At this point guildwork is capable of pulling almost anything with the ability to flush to FFXIAH.
 Asura.Charitwo
VIP
user: Charitwo
By Asura.Charitwo 2013-02-20 23:03:33
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, since EXP is so easy to get, there should be a value that separates the power levelers from the "skilled" players. Guildwork should scan your combat and magic skills and factor that into achievements and it should hold more weight than simply having a job at 99.
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-02-20 23:05:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Charitwo said: »
To be honest, since EXP is so easy to get, there should be a value that separates the power levelers from the "skilled" players. Guildwork should scan your combat and magic skills and factor that into achievements and it should hold more weight than simply having a job at 99.
Precisely what I said 6 posts up.

Having the job burned to 99 with no skill = 50% of the potential points available at most.
Having the job to 99 with skills capped out = 100% of the potential points available.

Considering it can track merits now... from a technical standpoint it should already be able to track combat skills.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-02-20 23:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Scragg is like, "I think I've been a little too lucky lately... that my life is too good. I don't want to get cocky... I've got it! I'll talk about achievement points! That'll teach me."
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-02-20 23:10:37
Link | Citer | R

By tracking combat skills into the 99 point calculations, and by allowing the tracking of 75 80 85 90 95 99 99II on empy/relic/mythic with proper scaling... the achievement system will go from who cares to actually a fairly accurate assessment of ones own character. Very little room for exploitation.

By adding things like dring, ebisu and rare items.

By adding maybe proof of kills of Absolute Virtue, Pand. Warden, and other HNM/kings via title as maybe suggested in OP could also prove interesting (Though this would have been nice 4-5 years ago compared to now, unless they add more HNM type kinds to SoA which would be nice.)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-20 23:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Changing xp is a pain and sort of represents the lowest value available, so if you change everything else instead and can read R/M/E level (guildwork can):
Relics < 99 : 70,000 points
Relic 99 : 100,000 points
Mythic 75~99 : 300,000 points
Empyrean 80 : 0 points
Empyrean 85-90 : 10,000 points
Empyrean 95-99 : 110,000 points

I mean, if it costs me 1 mil to go from 30 to 99 (approximately 7000 points), then 7000 * 145M (Relic) = ~100k points. 7000 * 400 + other quests (Mythic) = ~315k points. Empyrean 80 is worthless, so it gets no points. Empyrean from 85-90 is harder than farming 1mil and handing it to some cleaver, but it's not that hard still. Empyrean 95-99 is about 7000 * 150mil (Empyrean 95~99) + Empyrean 85-90 = 110,000.

Bottom line is that XP isn't worth squat in today's FFXI. You can literally pay to have it farmed for you while you sleep, and you don't have to pay much.
[+]
By Zackan 2013-02-20 23:19:20
Link | Citer | R

By tracking combat skills into the 99 point calculations, and by allowing the tracking of 75 80 85 90 95 99 99II on empy/relic/mythic with proper scaling... the achievement system will go from who cares to actually a fairly accurate assessment of ones own character. Very little room for exploitation.

By adding maybe proof of kills of Absolute Virtue, Pand. Warden, and other HNM/kings via title as maybe suggested in OP could also prove interesting (Though this would have been nice 4-5 years ago compared to now, unless they add more HNM type kinds to SoA which would be nice.)

In regards to that last paragraph... They are already now tracked. It is called Atma.
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-02-20 23:30:28
Link | Citer | R

I don't necessarily agree that an 80 emp is worthless and deserves no points. While worthless in actual usage, It still marks the start and camping all those NM's to get to that point plus 50 of the initial item is a great wealth of some effort put into it.

5,000 would be a fine place to start. 85 Bumping to make 6,000. 90 to 7,500. 95 to 15,000 and 99 to 20,000. The major jumps being 95 and 99 because of the plates/ross/cinder needed are quite expensive.

For relics maybe at 75 give 10,000. 80 to 11,500. 85 to 12,000. 90 to 12,500. 95 to 13,000. And finally the 5 marrows to 99 making it 20,000.

Mythics I don't have enough experience with personally to make a proper assessment as compared in scale to the other two. I am aware of the cost of the initial in both time and alex... But i am not aware of what the trials entail minus the final trial of pand. warden drops.

The amounts I gave are just a rough estimation in how it should progress in point value versus the cost/difficulty of the proceeding stages. Straight eyeballing from siren, the cost of a 99 relic and a 99 empy are about the same. It's a matter of plate/dross/cinder cost versus the cost of 5 marrows and the cost of making the weapon from all that currency which is still around 90-100M depending on server.

I'm tired and all of this was off the top of my head, so apologies if something didn't click or make sense.
 Siren.Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2013-02-20 23:31:25
Link | Citer | R

Zackan said: »

In regards to that last paragraph... They are already now tracked. It is called Atma.
Correct but those KI's are pulled from the abyssea tab. Not the titles, temporary, or permanent which is why I stated 1 post prior that the ability should already exist considering it can already do merits and similar.

I'm not sure what atma have to do with titles though from kings/HNM or what I was talking about.
By Zackan 2013-02-20 23:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Zackan said: »

Correct but those KI's are pulled from the abyssea tab. Not the titles, temporary, or permanent which is why I stated 1 post prior that the ability should already exist considering it can already do merits and similar.

I'm not sure what atma have to do with titles though from kings/HNM or what I was talking about.
It has everything to do with it

ffxiclopedia.org->Atma->Synthetic Atma->Visions Synthetic Atmas
------------
It's why I am 159/165 Total atma obtained. Atma's are the games 'Achievement/Trophies' I could care less about the stats.. 'gotta collect em all!'
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-20 23:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Scragg said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
So how does one configure their atmacite levels now?

I'm changing the levels and hitting save, however it doesn't save, and checking atmacites will no longer allow me to change their level unless I'd already done it in the past.

It sounds like you are referring to Voidwatch and it should be unchanged by this update. It should allow you to change it, it worked for me.
I have the same question and I'm a bit confused by your reply. I just realized all of this stuff was available today and haven't previously messed with it.

I looked at my voidwatch KIs and nothing was filled out. Then I checked off the ones I have (although it wouldn't let me specify the atmacite/abyssite levels; greyed out) and saved my changes but only the periapts got saved.

I tried unloading/reloading the plugin and resynching my character but no dice. Am I missing something?

thanks!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7