Forum » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » AggroUnlimited: Linkshell / Events Group
AggroUnlimited: Linkshell / Events Group
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-12 21:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Me and some friends are looking to create a server wide Facebook page for players on Lakshmi server, as well as a linkshell.

The linkshell will be for players to have a place to get help, help others, plan events, build groups for game activities.

There is no restrictions to the group on Facebook, we thought it could be a useful tool to get players together for events, trade, experience, and so on. All we ask is for people interested create a false Facebook account with First name being your character name, and the Last name the Server name. If you have issues creating a character name, use your real name first then edit the name after the account is made so it uses it as a nick name.

There will be moderators, the only thing we ask is that players do not spam, or post unrelated information.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/144995082327145/

If you wish to have a linkpearl send me a tell in game.

If you wanna chat with me about some ideas, or just about anything send me a tell or message. We are just looking for some fun players to do ***with.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-13 11:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Not even enough to merit a comment
By LakshmiArtemas 2013-02-13 12:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Don't take it too much to heart. Lots of posts get ignored by forums.
There's nothing unique to your post other than the facebook mention. Is there something you want to offer that's new and exclusive? Maybe you should consider specifying some goals other than a vague 'help'. Missions? Farming? Dynamis? Salvage?

There needs to some sort of appeal. Good luck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-13 12:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Well mainly just looking at the Facebook aspect. I don't know about others but, I hate spending the few hours a night I have shouting to do something and maybe 45minutes of it actually playing. If we could get large enough community, you could use the reach of face book to plan in advanced with the Lakshmi community. Say you need a group for NNI tomorrow. You could make a post and when ever you get hits you could know instantly using your phone using apps, or the text system. Beats shouting IMO.

Its ok if it a bad idea or no one cares, I just thought it would be a nice way to work with players. The good part is you don't really have to ever leave your linkshell. Any ideas, thoughts, interest let me know.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-02-13 12:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Well mainly just looking at the Facebook aspect. I don't know about others but, I hate spending the few hours a night I have shouting to do something and maybe 45minutes of it actually playing. If we could get large enough community, you could use the reach of face book to plan in advanced with the Lakshmi community. Say you need a group for NNI tomorrow. You could make a post and when ever you get hits you could know instantly using your phone using apps, or the text system. Beats shooting IMO.

Its ok if it a bad idea or no one cares, I just thought it would be a nice way to work with players. The good part is you don't really have to ever leave your. Any ideas, thoughts, interest let me know.

Personally I just use skype and spam msg on skype if I want to do something ._.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-13 13:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Well mainly just looking at the Facebook aspect. I don't know about others but, I hate spending the few hours a night I have shouting to do something and maybe 45minutes of it actually playing. If we could get large enough community, you could use the reach of face book to plan in advanced with the Lakshmi community. Say you need a group for NNI tomorrow. You could make a post and when ever you get hits you could know instantly using your phone using apps, or the text system. Beats shooting IMO.

Its ok if it a bad idea or no one cares, I just thought it would be a nice way to work with players. The good part is you don't really have to ever leave your. Any ideas, thoughts, interest let me know.

Personally I just use skype and spam msg on skype if I want to do something ._.

Lol, and personally I've never used skype.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-13 13:07:26
Link | Citer | R

So you're proposing on a server forum that we join a facebook group to use it as a server forum.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-13 13:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Not instead, forums have their place. I'm saying just as a tool for planning events. Finding groups, it just has some tools that make it capable. It was just an idea.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2013-02-13 13:35:54
Link | Citer | R

I took a look at the Facebook group and the big problem I see is having to create a new account (Name Lakshmi).

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm not really interested in jumping between my real Facebook and FFXI Facebook or setting my new FFXI Facebook account as the one to receive notifications about on my phone. Getting a notification about a VW group forming while I'm out and about isn't really helpful and I can already monitor shouts on the go if I'm on the lookout for something specific.

Getting rid of the requirement to make a new Facebook account only presents you with the new problem of people preferring to remain anonymous while playing the game and thus avoiding the group altogether. So, you're really in a lose/lose situation here.

I think you'd have more luck using Guildwork and the FFXI/Lakshmi hashtags to implement this idea.

Good luck!
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-13 13:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Ya I agree, I just didn't want to worry about someone's game stuff mixing with real stuff, and also privacy. I only came really wanting thoughts and ideas.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-02-13 13:41:14
Link | Citer | R

Not instead, forums have their place. I'm saying just as a tool for planning events. Finding groups, it just has some tools that make it capable. It was just an idea.

The best way to find group and plan events is to make connections with ppl interested in doing same event, set a time and everyone pop together. Or use text msg/skype/POL msg/AH msg to set a time for it.
By LakshmiArtemas 2013-02-13 13:51:02
Link | Citer | R

If I'm not busy (and it's a Friday or weekend), I like helping with shouts if I see them and I don't think it will be a waste of my time.

Most of my LS is also very helpful (and serious) so feel free to ask politely anyone you see on the roster. (Not Phaffi though)
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-13 13:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Well thanks guys, I really was just seeing if there would be an interest, I agree it might be just one more thing, maybe a minor hassle to make an account and switch just thought I'd toss an idea. See what the interest level would be, guess not much. Thanks everyone. In that case I'll be spending my night farming trial mms again!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-13 13:56:29
Link | Citer | R

(Seriously though, don't ask Phaffi. He'll accept your offer and then just CFH all the monsters. Not joking.

...that won't even be the worst part. He'll also narrate the Yugioh game he's playing at the same time in party chat.)
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-13 14:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Lol can they sing it on vent? :)

Will do about the asking for help. Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2013-02-13 14:20:11
Link | Citer | R

yugioh raps are the best.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2013-02-13 14:25:07
Link | Citer | R

Lol if only I had speakers hooked to this blasted pc at work... *rolls eyes*
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2013-02-13 14:26:44
Link | Citer | R

this guy
By LakshmiArtemas 2013-02-13 14:27:43
Link | Citer | R

Come on, now:

Lakshmi.Phaffi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2013-02-13 14:28:42
Link | Citer | R

LakshmiArtemas said: »
Come on, now:

needs more:
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-13 14:31:02
Link | Citer | R

God, all the times that guy had the goose by the neck. I definitely would have swung downwards swiftly on the side of the boat. Hooray for animals, but screw *** animals.
By LakshmiArtemas 2013-02-13 15:08:19
Link | Citer | R

Hooray for dinner too. I would have cooked that ***.