Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.
Hapa's Corsair Guide Revealed.
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Hapa
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-25 21:04:56
Link | Citer | R

I've been asked by several people to post my guide on ffxiah, until now it has been Linkshell exclusive. I hope you enjoy and find it as a good read.

~.^

Page 1 Line 1 "Every time you shoot a steel bullet, God kills a kitten." -Hapa

Table of Content:
1.Quickdraw
2.Guns
3.Melee
4.Relic
5.Sub Jobs
6.Legion
7a.Dynamis I
7b.Dynamis II
8.Salvage
9.Abyssea
10.Phantom Rolls How to
11.Phantom Rolls Effects
12.Gear Sets

Corsair :o

I'm going to take the time here to make a quick walk through for COR. I take the job very serious and would like to think that other corsairs take their job very seriously too. So If you are a cor please take the time to read through this, if corsair is your main I will assume you already know all of this and judge you harshly. -.o

1.Quickdraw

Well, first off I want to go over Quick Draw. One of the most powerful things corsair has to offer. Most people just look at quick draw as a short dmg spike and tp gain ja... Each element of QD can enhance spells of the same element on the mob also enhances the damage of the next elemental magic of that type. Bellow are some specifics and some uses for each.

Quick Draw bonus effects don't give a *** about the cap of a spell effect.
Quick Draw can be used from a max of 22 yalms.
Quick Draw can be used when facing away from the enemy. (pull some wanted ***)
Quick Draw ignores shadows.
Quick Draw ignores MDT.
MDB will nerf Quick Draw
Quick Draw gives the enemy 0 tp.
Quick Draw acc. Is modified by AGI and Magic acc.

Corsair's Tricorne / +1
Increases base dmg of QD and acc by 10.
Navarch's Bottes +1
Increases the elemental damage of the same element as the shot used by 10% for 15 seconds.
Navarch's Bottes +2
Increases the elemental damage of the same element as the shot used by 20% for 15 seconds.

Light Shot – Light based sleep. Sleep duration based upon QD acc.
Increases the potency of Dia (Defense Down Effect +5% and DoT + 1 ) Upgrades Dia 1 rank. Dia > Dia2 > Dia3 > Dia4
*Common uses: Legion, Dynamis, VW. If you notice a rdm casts Dia 3 in vw you can throw a light shot on after, adds a bit more squishyness to the enemy for your DD's to rape it.

Dark Shot – Dark based dispel. Chance to dispel is based upon QD acc. (YES IT CAN MISS)
Increases the potency of Bio (Attack Down Effect +5% and DoT + 3 ) Upgrades Bio rank. Bio > Bio2 > Bio3 > Bio4
*Common uses: Legion, Dynamis, VW. If you notice a rdm or even a drk cast bio 2 or 3. throw a dark shot on instantly. The upgrade this gives it quite {pew}, +3/tick also lowering the attack further another 5%

Fire Shot – Fire based magic damage. Dmg based upon MAB
If used with the emp+2 boots, increases the damage of the next fire based magic WS or spell by 20% for the next 15 seconds. Increases the effect of Addle and Burn.
*Common uses: Legion, Dynamis, VW, Anywhere. Not only is it a near must to use this before Wildfire for more power, however if you are fighting a BotRex type enemy, or an enemy that is very strong with magic spells and you notice a whm cast addle follow it up with a quick fire shot.

Water Shot – Water based magic damage. Dmg based upon MAB
If used with the emp+2 boots, increases the damage of the next water based magic WS or spell by 20% for the next 15 seconds. Increases the effect of Poison, Poison II, Poisonga, Drown, Tidal Roar. Increases the duration of poison magics. Increases Tidal Roar by an additional 5%.
*Common uses: Legion. Smns use Tidal roar, follow up with this for an extra gimp enemy.

Thunder Shot – Lightning based magic damage. Dmg based upon MAB
If used with the emp+2 boots, increases the damage of the next thunder based magic WS or spell by 20% for the next 15 seconds. Increases the effects of Stun and Shock. Use this immediately after stun to increase the time stunned by 10%. Increases the duration of the Shock spell.
*Common uses: Dynamis, Legion. When my cor is allowed to be in alliance when killing ADL I will watch Jack and thunder shot the one she stuns instantly, for a tad longer on the stun.

Earth Shot – Earth based magic damage. Dmg based upon MAB
If used with the emp+2 boots, increases the damage of the next earth based magic WS or spell by 20% for the next 15 seconds. Increases the effect of Slow, Slow II, Hojo: Ichi, Hojo: Ni, Rasp. Increases the duration of Rasp. Increases the slow effect on Slow, Slow II, Hojo: Ichi, & Hojo: Ni by 10%.
*Common uses: Legion, VW. I personally only use this after a RDM throws Slow II on an enemy, however I should be watching for Hojo: Ni also. Slow 2 with full merits and full potency can give 27.35% slow. +10% from the earth shot. Remember QD bonuses don't give a *** about spell caps!! And now you have successfully made your enemy a useless slow pickle.

Wind Shot – Wind based magic damage. Dmg based upon MAB
If used with the emp+2 boots, increases the damage of the next wind based magic WS or spell by 20% for the next 15 seconds. Increases the effect of Acid Bolts, Silence, Gravity, Choke. Increases the duration of Choke. Increases the effect of Acid Bolts Defense Down by 5%. Increases the duration of Silence and Gravity by 10%.
*Common uses: Legion, VW, Dynamis. If you notice a THF or RNG use Acid bolts (seem to be dead @ 99 cap) throw this on after. I used to use it in dynamis back @ 75 cap if I was not pulling and came as corsair. Gives a nice bonus. Was also thinking a THF or RNG could sub COR now and get access to quick draw and Acid Bolt > Wind Shot self buff themselves? Not sure how effective that would be.

Ice Shot – Ice based magic damage. Dmg based upon MAB
If used with the emp+2 boots, increases the damage of the next ice based magic WS or spell by 20% for the next 15 seconds. Increases the effect of Paralyze, Paralyze II, Bind, Frost. Increases duration of Bind and Frost by 10%. Increases potency of Paralyze and Paralyze II by 10%.
*Common uses: Legion, VW, Anywhere. If you notice a RDM cast and land Paralyze II for the love of god throw an ice shot and watch as the enemy twitches in retardation as it is now useless.

Now that you know what the shots all can do, lets look at the use of Elemental Obi's and the Chatoyant Staff.

Korin Obi -- Lightsday/Light
Anrin Obi -- Darksday/Dark
Karin Obi-- Firesday/Fire
Hyorin Obi -- Iceday/Ice
Furin Obi -- Windsday/Wind
Dorin Obi -- Earthsday/Earth
Rairin Obi -- Lightningday/Lightning
Suirin Obi -- Watersday/Water

Gain Full Effect of Day/Weather Bonuses:
10% for magic of the day
10% for magic matching single weather
20% for magic matching single weather and day
25% for magic matching double weather
35% for magic matching double weather and day

Chatoyant Staff.-- All Days/Weather
Increases all elemental magic damage dealt by 15%.
Increases Magic Accuracy by 30.

Zodiac Ring-- Corresponding Day
Increases damage by 3% if the element matches the day's element.

As you can see these tools if use together under the correct condition can give your QD up to +50% damage. Also they add +30 acc to you light and dark shots. These do hog up inventory space yes, however if you are serious about corsair they are a must have, and just thank the great donut in the sky SE make the chatoyant staff.

2.Guns

Here is a part most people most look for... The guns!! :D If you don't have one. you suck and I hate you.

Armageddon
Great gun, Wildfire can do amazing damage because it is fire base, so basically it follows most the rules your quick shots will follow expect the fact, A. you have to be facing the enemy, and B MDT does effect damage.

Mollfrith
WoE wildfire gun. lvl 99.... If you get this I hate you so much. just go get armageddon, its easier to make and better in every way.

Aithon
has 3 final forms.
occ. atk. twice - can't see a huge use for this, A. you have triple shot and B. it has very low damage so your Last stands won't be very impressive. Overall it can be a good partner with requiscant if you have a nice sword.
occ. atk. 2-4 - Its a fun gun lots of tp quick, along with triple shot and quick draws. Again only real use I can think of is for getting TP so you can requiscant.
occ. double dmg. - Useless... This effect can't proc with your WS otherwise it would be great for Last Stand. no real point to this.

Erra
Your thinking the *** is an Erra.. It is the 99 form of an elemental trial gun. BAM
thats right I own a few and you should also! :D
STR11 Ratk22 - As you can probably imagine, great for Last Stand, however I found 1 gun that offers me more kick for my Last Stands, we will get to that in a bit. The str is nice, also is the ranged att.
AGI11 Racc22 - Also very nice for Last Stand, AGI is the mod and acc is always nice, don't want to miss that second shot, especially nice for legion if you are trying to hit a flying wyrm.
DEX11 Crit Rate 7 - If you prefer daggers > swords & guns. sure why not, evisceration can still do nice dmg if geared correctly.
CHR11 Mag Eva16 - PVP vs a BRD is the only real use I can think for this gun, however having it and being able to idle in it and be like... I have it cause... my cor > your cor. is always fun.
INT11 MAB11 - mmmmm INT is like yummy, also INT and MAB both will boost up your quick draws. If you are thinking why is INT yummy... go read something about a DRG or something.
VIT11 PDT-11 - PDT is nice, COR's don't get a whole lot of nice PDT gear options, this gun is nice. Also a very nice piece for Legion if you are running in towards your DD's and don't want to explode before your rolls go off.
MND11 MDB11 - MBD is nice, also is MND if you are super support in High profile events.
MP+100 Mag acc16 - Mp is nice if you are being just a support for events. Mag acc is also very nice.

Atatos
also 3 forms.
WS DMG + 10% - This is the gun I was talking about. As of this point, I can find no other gun corsair can use that will do better Last Stands. Very Very anoying to make, but 10% is just pffff yeap.
TP Bonus100 - I can only think of 1 use for this gun... Numbing Shot. Helps with the paralyze, follow up with ice shot to enhance it. possibly useful in pvp.
STP15 - stupid, kind of a waste of a gun, I can see the use possibly on a rng, but i'm not a rng so I don't want it. I hate you SE.

Death Penalty
This gun I have mixed feeling on. I want it just for Shiney factor +1, but I know getting this gun for anyone not just myself, will be a huge disappointment. The added dmg on quickdraws is very nice, but not worth the cost of 600M~ or so. I can see this gun doing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE numbers in PVP yes. but if you are looking for a gun good vs cost this isn't it. You need to be very serious about corsair to get this.

Stoertebeker
Useless gun, drop it after you get it please. You arn't a corsair.

3.Melee

Mk so melee weapons. Basically you have 2 options here. Dagger (b+) or Sword (b-) both b's. I prefer using swords > daggers just for the fact that there are better options since SE hates corsairs and didn't put us on sword OR dagger trials, or i'd have near all of them.

Joyeuse is a very nice off hand sword because of its acc atk twice. lovely bit of extra tp.
Twilight Dagger is also very nice for off hand because of the add effects and also the Quad att +.

Main hand you will probably be looking at Sanus if you want to use swords or Lux/Coru if you like daggers.

9/10 times you will be using a ranged WS over a melee one anyhow so it is really just a matter of preference I would say. If you are fighting something that has a lot of PDT, Wildfire wins. Something with MDT Laststand wins. Req. is a nice ws vs PDT mobs if you arn't using armageddon.

4.Relic

Next I would like to go over the Relic gear and the Augs they all can offer.
Item
Item effect
Aug effect *
Commodore Tricorne
Occasionally supercharges rolls with bonuses usually only received if a specific job is in party, without the need for that job to be present.
Does not need to be worn during Double-up. Supercharged Phantom Roll effect will persist throughout the duration of the roll, unless you bust.
Does not increase the extra bonus received if the associated job is present in the party.
Does not apply to any rolls which lack a specific party bonus job (rolls learned after level 75).

*Adds 6 sec. per merit.

Commodore Frac
Increases success rate with one job ability waiting on recast.
Small chance to restore 3 job abilities with more than one job ability waiting on recast.

*Reduces the failure chance by 10% per merit.
Commodore Gants
-2% delay. ~
Has a random chance to erase 2 Phantom Rolls or Busts instead of 1.
This will occur 20% per merit.

Commodore Culottes

*Has a random chance to leave recast of Snake Eye at 0 sec.
*This will occur 4% per merit.

Commodore Bottes

*Gives one (invisible) re-roll if the initial roll is a 1 or 2.
*There is no animation for the re-roll.
*Has a 5.5% chance each for a 1 or 2 and a 22.2% chance each for a 3-6.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-25 21:05:09
Link | Citer | R

5.Sub Jobs

I want to make a section to go over possible Subjobs for Corsair and what they have to offer. With this section I am just going to assume your corsair's have the gear my corsair has.

WHM – Offers the na spells, haste, erase, barspells. Takes your utility to another level, helps the party out quite a bit.

BLM – Offers 30 MAB via job traits. Shock Spikes. D2. I would only really use this SJ in abyssea to help out with Wildfire dmg if you don't have the fire weather gear or /sch.

RDM – Offers refresh, pro, shell, other buffs and debuffs.

THF – For some TH. I wouldn't sub this otherwise.

MNK - Hp boost, and counter are really all you would get from this since you do not hand to hand on corsair. haha... though you could... with this sub job....

WAR – Melee cor only also, I play around with this sword / shield just for the extra double attack, manageable with my healing npc gives a unique twist to the job. Also, fencer bonus o yea. >:D

RNG – If you want some help with your ranged attack. Via ranger's JA's and *** they get I want. Barrage, Shadowbind, Velocity Shot, Sharpshot. I will play with this some times in VW but would not full time this for serious events.

PLD - Shield Bash. :P it's actually more fun then you would think. also though very limited a shield is nice to have.

DRK - Last resort for damage and 10% haste soon(With 2H weapon). Souleater -> Requiscant? o ***that person with lots of MDT or PDT on didn't even know what just happened. :p also you can stun and cast absorb-TP.

BST - You get some killer effects, also you can charm a little friend to help you out when in need. remember rabbit's and dhalmel can cure too.

BRD - I hate bard, I think all buffs from another job are rolls so I guess you can have a 3rd roll just from a different list.

SMN - Carby is like OP. anyone who says otherwise is a big meanie! o yea and you can now SMN pull ***. have fun.

DRG - Jumps give a nice tp spike along with your quick draws, also you get to use wyvern earring. 5% haste on an ear.... thats pretty cool.

NIN - Shadows, good for soloing. something you may not think about. Ninja elemental magic {lower resist to element} > quick draw. or even use hojo for slow and follow up with an earth shot for enhanced potency. Remember what your rolls do! you don't HAVE to be /dnc. Remember = go to the bottum and read them all.

BLU - Kind of random in my opinion, anything you can do with this SJ you can do with another sj better. But if you don't want to dedicate yourself to one thing or another this can give more room to play around.

PUP - lolpup you say? Well! I will probably have to agree with your for sj useage. unless you want resist slow, but just sub whm and get rid of the thing. Shield bash can give slow on mob + earth shot enhancing. Also sub you should have access to phalanx.

SAM – Balls to the walls glass cannon SJ. You like Fire and you like self Skillchains. Great for Team pvp on cor, you can get tp fast and blast from afar to keep away people trying to pick off your mages.

DNC – Dynamis or melee cor mode only. All of you laughing when I say melee cor, my cor's melee set is better then most DD's and it actually isn't bad when out soloing. If you are serious about cor you probably have a melee set too. We can use pretty much all the gear light DD's can use.

SCH – great subjob. You can buff yourself, you can firestorm yourself, you can dispel with magic so you dont have to waste your QD. You can AoE stoneskin and regen II your party to help them out.

6.Legion

Apparently some people find legion hard? idk but for those of you who need help here you go.

I am going to put in here something a LS member made and then note it on how a cor should be seeing this.

If you take hate, you're being counterproductive. Let the melee engage before you start weaponskilling. You need to come /whm, you might have to come /thf but you'll know ahead of time. Coordinate with the other COR(s) to decide on who will use dia 2 + light shot. If you're not in charge of this task, make sure you're watching for slow, acid bolts, angon, box step, tidal roar, bio 2 and use your shots to augment those(You weren't brought for damage, so save that fire shot for addle!). Talk with the other COR and SMNs to determine which melee you'll be covering. This is not the leader's responsibility to hold your hand. Get it taken care of ahead of time. You will need to keep haste on, -na spells, and cures. This means you need some refresh gear, get the hairpin and the ugly *** diapers. You will be laughed at, but appreciated all the more. Rolls will be decided on a case by case basis for melee, but please make sure you're rolling often. That means let the ls know if you can roll for someone. Roll for the COR and SMN with evokers and casters, roll for the SCH with warlocks and casters. Prioritize your timers for melee first and SCH second. If you're not busy and crying that you're being overworked compared to the BRD standing at the shinies, you're probably doing it wrong. The difference between an average COR who can go pew pew and the COR who can do the above is the difference between "insert ubiquitous colloquialism here." PDT/MDT set necessary as you'll have to run into melee range from time to time to get rolls up.

MK so what I got here. If you take hate your melee suck and you already lost. /whm yes amazing for legion, don't make the whm's haste you can do it for them. Also na, erase, bar spells. There goes that talking about quick draw enhancing. Rolls for smns, casters for summoning pets faster, good idea, evokers for smn? I'd say pup roll might be better. Sch rolls i agree. Bitching you are being overworked? umm get off my job go play that BS job he talked about that looks at shinies or something. useless people. "insert ubiquitous colloquialism here." Yes ty I think I will. PDT/MDT agreed.

But seriously the person who wrote this in my LS is a very smart person and very good at strategy, what he said is pretty true about what a cor is doing in legion. IF you are ever at a point in legion where you can just stand and watch, you are doing it wrong get off my job. For legion I will usually bring my mp gun or my INT gun.

7a.Dynamis I

Dynamis I is about currency farming and procing. Ok so procing in dynamis is obviously easier to do with dancer sub. Box step and Violent Flourish. Also your quickdraws work as JA procs, so with the correct gear you get another proc chance every 40 seconds.
I've heard from many people that they find it very hard to solo on COR in dynamis and don't get how I do it so well. A few things to remember Drain Samba II always needs to be up, Joyeuse pulls above Twilight dagger here because you absorb hp faster per attack round. If you get a link, Light Shot! many corsairs forget they have that ability to throw a light based, unavoidable sleep. Now for rolls. When I am soloing I prefer to use tacticians & dancers. free tp helps you WS quicker and also gives you more tp to heal with, dancers roll gives you a continious regen which is very potent, just don't bust or get unlucky or its not worth your time.
If you are soloing correctly with corsair there is very very little time to just derp around, you are constantly changing gear, spamming macros, keeping rolls, ranged attacks, weapon skills. Also when you have triple shot up, triple shot and ranged attack spams will pull ahead in DPS and tp gain over melee. without triple shot on I stick to melee & quickdraws. Master how to do all of this smoothly and you will find that soloing on corsair is amazingly fun and not as difficult as many people say.

7b.Dynamis II

Dynamis II is about Arch Dynamis Lord or ADL farming.

During ADL it is best to come /sch or /sam. vs ADL your job on corsair is very very simple. 1. Give DD's rolls. 2. WS and do as much damage as you can. 3. Reset people with 1hr ability.
-As a side note, if your group is having a rdm/blm stun lock ADL, throwing thunder shots after stun's will enhance them slightly.
-Best WS to use vs ADL is Wildfire, it can not miss and with the correct gear does nice damage.

About ADL farming, farming the Odious items I like to go /rng as the demons are being torn apart by your group very fast, a nice barrage helps throw some quick damage out. But mostly you are going to make sure your DD's always have fighting rolls.

About ADL farming, farming the Odious NM's. It is nice to come /sch not only do you get a damage bonus to Wildfire, but after the NM's you can AoE sneak/invis to avoid any unneeded aggros and stuff going from mob to mob.

8.Salvage

In Salvage I, corsair is not very effective due to the limit of cells and how priorities of the job ability cells goes. Corsair is more less useless without Job abilities. If they also don't have ranged. pfffff. just watch basically. Rolls I would reccomend for salvage would be tacticians due to the lag time between fights, and fighters for more double attack. Weapon Skills are very useful in salvage more so then normal because again the lag and walking time between fights and the ability to kill mobs faster so they spam less anoying debuff or charming abilities.

In Salvage II, it more less depends on zones which rolls you will use. example, bhaflau mobs have stupid amounts of hp so expect long anoying fights, shorten that with chaos/fighters on your dd's. Also mages have a harder time managing mp at lower levels due to gear restrictions so evokers should always be on them. on higher levels casters or warlocks may be of more use then evokers.

9.Abyssea

TBH I think you have to be a retard to suck in Abyssea, its such an easy zone/event/whatever and requires very little skill. But truth is some people need the help to find out what they are doing in here.
Melee set cor you can attack with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE speeds almost like a THF wondering what the meaning of stop is.

If you just want to blast from afar with your armageddon, Ultimate + Hell's Guardian + Smouldering Sky. My wildfires can do between 6k-11k depending on mob/day/rolls. If you are brewing with wildfire you want to use Smoldering Sky + Lone Wolf + Griffon Claw, these atmas add % dmg instead of a static stat, against normal mobs you will hit 99999 easy, and vs High NM's Rani for example, fire shot > wildfire 40K~ > fire shot > Wildfire 40k~ (if not dead here) > {Darkness} 60k~.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-25 21:05:24
Link | Citer | R

10.Phantom Rolls How to

I am going to go over Phantom rolls, not only am I going to give you the list of them and what they do, but when to stop rolling.

First off with Phantom roll, NEVER EVER EVER have a double-up with your roll macro, always see what your first roll is.
Here are some general rules you should know about Phantom roll before we get into details and strategies.

Phantom roll has a range of 8'.... not 10... not 12.... 8!!!! Luzaf's Ring doubles that however and makes the range 16' for both Phantom roll and Double-up.

When a Phantom Roll is used, a number from 1-6 is randomly chosen and begins a "total" for the chosen roll. The total can be increased by following up the roll with the ability Double-Up. Use of Double-Up may be continued for up to 45 seconds following the initial roll, or until the total exceeds 11 and Busts (see below). In general, as the total climbs toward 11, the potency of the roll's effect increases.

Having a player of a certain job in your party and using the roll corresponding to that job causes the roll to receive an enhancement. This is often referred to as an Optimal Job bonus. All jobs (not just the ones corresponding to the roll) will receive an equal bonus.
- The optimal job character does not need to be hit by the roll, or even anywhere close, just in the same zone as the roll user.
- The effect is not multiplied by having several members of the same optimal job in the party
- Equipping the Commodore Tricorne while using Phantom Roll allows the roll a chance to receive the Optimal Job Bonus even if that job is not in the user's party.

Rolling a total of 11 will immediately reset the Phantom Roll ability timer. While under the effect of an 11-valued roll, your Phantom Roll recast timer will be reduced by 50%. In addition, any rolls of 12+ will still remove the roll's effect, but you will not suffer a Bust penalty and may re-roll freely once your recast timer is up.

BUSTING
Rolling a number above 11 will result in a bust, and watch out when you get 11 you CAN re-roll again and bust.
If you have the bust icon on, you can still give your party 2 rolls! you will only see one on yourself however!!
each roll has a penalty if you bust it, however... read this carfully...
These penalties only apply to the roller, not his/her party.
Zoning or logging will remove all busts and roll effects on you.
*Note* Bust penalization only takes effect on you if you have the bust icon!

Yea I know you all feel mind *** right now about that bust thing, but this is how it is so get just accept it, and be happy.

I will use Chaos roll as an example because of its popular use.

Chaos Roll*
DRK
4 / 8
Enhances attacks for party members within area of effect.
# - no drk ~ with drk
1 - 6% ~ 16%
2 - 8% ~ 18%
3. - 9% ~ 19%
4 - 25% ~ 35% (Lucky)
5 - 11% ~ 21%
6 - 13% ~ 23%
7 - 16% ~ 26%
8 - 3% ~ 13% (Unlucky)
9. - 17% ~ 27%
10 - 19% ~ 29%
11 - 31% ~ 41%
B - -10% ~ -10%

As a general rule if the first number I get is a lucky number I stay on it. Remember only a perfect roll "XI" is better then lucky number. So this is what you would do per each number.
1. Double-up
2. Double-up
3. Double-up
4. Stay
5. Double-up
6. Double-up
7. Stay
8. Double-up
9. Stay
10. Stay
11. Stay

Ok no you have a sort of pattern you can repeat with all the rolls. 1-6 Double-up. unless you are on lucky number then stay. 7-11 stay unless unlucky number then Double-up.

Now we have to add in the JA Snake Eye, and when we should use it.

1. Double-up
2. Double-up
3. Double-up
4. Stay
5. Double-up
6. Double-up
7. Stay
8. *Snake Eye* Double-up
9. *Snake Eye* Double-up
10. *Snake Eye* Double-up
11. Stay

Now we have a whole different set of rules. 1-6 re-roll, unless you are on lucky number then stay. 7 Stay. 8 snake eye then Double-up to help avoid the chance of bust and gets you off of unlucky. 9 snake eye and double-up. 10 snake eye and Double-up because you are guaranteed perfect roll.

Now you are probably asking why such specific numbers. well because we go upon the information then when you roll each number has an equal chance of being rolled. (16.6%)
so at 1-5 there is a 0%chance you will bust. at 6 there is a 16.6% chance and at 7 there is a 33.3% chance or 1/3. When we move to 8 it becomes a game of 50/50. 50% chance you get a small extra bonus and 50% chance you actually end up getting penalized for the roll.

*Note* Bust penalization only takes effect on you if you have the bust icon!

Just when you thought we were done with the math. WRONG!

Now lets say your first roll was not a perfect roll, and your second roll is Hunter's roll.
Hunter's Roll*
RNG
4 / 8
Enhances accuracy and ranged accuracy for party members within area of effect.
It has the same rules as Chaos thus I picked it for the example, you would follow the same rules you were using with Chaos, plain and simple.
  • However

If your first roll ended on a perfect roll you get to play a new game!!!

If you have 1 roll of your own on you that is a perfect roll (XI) your next roll if you bust, you will not receive the Bust status icon (So it is not penalized)
Your new set of rules will look something like this.
1. Double-up
2. Double-up
3. Double-up
4. Stay
5.Double-up
6. Double-up
7. Stay
8. *Snake Eye* Double-up
9. *Snake Eye* Double-up
10. *Snake Eye* Double-up
11. Stay

If you are in a timed situation such as Legion I would most likely stick to these rules, so the party is not waiting for you to re phantom roll 3 times before then can get going.

If you have some trouble understanding this, I can try to talk to you in private and teach/explain what I am saying here with more detail. However corsair is a job of luck or if you are smart, math. If you are bad at math, sorry to say it but maybe it is time to start practicing.

I just remembered I had this and figured I would put it into a google document for you all to read. :D VERY VERY useful. Feel free to copy this information and save it for your own use.

Phantom Roll Data

I know it is hard to imagine, but I have all of the roll's and what each roll gives as a bonus memorized. If you are serious about cor perhaps you should start learning these so you know when you stop at a random number what you are actually getting.

11.Phantom Rolls Effects

Bellow is all of the rolls, if you are missing any of these get off corsair, go play brd.

Level
Name
Optimal Job
Lucky/Unlucky #
Description
† There is no preferred job for these rolls. They are only augmented via gear.

Corsair's Roll**
COR
5 / 9
Increases the amount of Experience Pointsearned by party members within area of effect.
~Obv. for exp parties!! wait... Yeap no one levels like the old days anymore, so just for Dyna trials I guess.

Ninja Roll**
NIN
4 / 8
Enhances evasion for party members within area of effect.
~Evasion HOOOOO. wait corsair has crap evasion, so I would only use this for team pvp if you have a ninja or thf in your party, and still it would be questionable.

Hunter's Roll*
RNG
4 / 8
Enhances accuracy and ranged accuracyfor party members within area of effect.
~acc isn't much of an issue at 99 cap, wait our shell does hall of mul. So yea actually useful again! woo.

Chaos Roll*
DRK
4 / 8
Enhances attacks for party members within area of effect.
~MORE DMG!!! gogo get that 41% attack bonus!

Magus's Roll**
BLU
2 / 6
Enhances magic defense for party members within area of effect.
~AMAZING for PVP, ever watch a BLM use thundaja on someone and poop all over their face as they twitch in shock at the dmg. Well no more! use this, blm nukes you and don't care at all. This roll is very very powerful in pvp and should not be looked down at. Also if you are doing a PUG with Bot Rex and you are a good corsair and can keep a 6 roll cycle going, throwing this on some derps who may not know how to hit fools drink macro fast enough might help.

Healer's Roll*
WHM
3 / 7
Increases potency of "Cure" effect received for party members within area of effect.
~If your whm doesn't have max potency, they are doing it wrong. and no this will not break the cap. also note this does not work with waltz ***.

Drachen Roll**
DRG
4 / 8
Enhances pet accuracy for party members within area of effect.
~I am tired of people hating on this roll. pup's love this roll. It DOES increase pup's robot thing's ranged acc. I found this out myself via testing tyvm.

Choral Roll*
BRD
2 / 6
Decreases spell interruption rate for party members within area of effect.
~We all know interruption rate is pretty stupid, so don't really want to go to far into this one. But I will keep my eyes open for actual uses for this.

Monk's Roll*
MNK
3 / 7
Enhances "Subtle Blow" effect for party members within area of effect.
~mk, so anything you don't like using tp moves probably has regain anyhow or 18 people smacking it. so pff. But this is however useful in Salvage settings. BAM just blew your mind again I know. But yea limited hp/mp/cures and you can lower the rate of an enemy tping. not to bad.

Beast Roll*
BST
4 / 8
Enhances pet attacks for party members within area of effect.
~Great again for pets. not just PUP this time. all pet jobs BST, SMN, PUP and oh... if you call drg a pet job that too I guess. basically chaos roll for your pets. you can notice the difference.

Samurai Roll**
SAM
2 / 6
Enhances "Store TP" effect for party members within area of effect.
~ok so 1 or 2 STP not much of a big deal. but 50 STP...... now we are talking... This can be very very useful in many situations. however for most zergs chaos/fighters/hunters/rogues will win, but sometimes you can throw a sam roll in where hunters is if you know people are using relics.

Evoker's Roll**
SMN
5 / 9
Gradually restores MP for party members within area of effect.
~Who doesn't like mp? ok so if you have a mage in your party you should be making sure they get this 'But Hapa how do I give chaos/fighters to the melee and hunters/tact to myself and still give evokers to the mages?' How about you start playing a *** job like BRD and stop bitching your job is to hard? Yea ok didn't think so.

Rogue's Roll*
THF
5 / 9
Improves critical hit rate for party members within area of effect.
~soooo... Ukko's eh? I hear you like crit hit rate? People used to hate on thf they say, rogues roll what is that they say. NOT ANY MORE!

Warlock's Roll*
RDM
4 / 8
Enhances magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.
~If you have a stun party or a rdm/blm stunning ***, Warlock's roll very nice for them. mag acc increases stun duration, however small it may be 1 is always and undeniably greater than 0.

Fighter's Roll*
WAR
5 / 9
Improves "Double Attack" rate for party members within area of effect.
~chooo chooo double attack train incoming, very useful for a zerg or even buffing a party normally, who doesn't like double attacking more and getting more tp?

Puppet Roll**
PUP
3 / 7
Enhances pet magic attack and magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.
~ This is the 1 thing I think people laugh harder about then lolpup.... To you I call you a moron. Give this roll to your summoners during legion or ADL you morons. Shock Squall eh? bet your pet wishes it had more mag acc.

Gallant's Roll*
PLD
3 / 7
Grants a damage reflection effect to party members within area of effect.
~Great for PVP. point set and match. BAM you all complain we cor's don't have a lot of defense. here you go.

Wizard's Roll*
BLM
5 / 9
Enhances magic attack for party members within area of effect.
~Great for blm's and sch's. o yea and Wildfire duh *smacks head*

Dancer's Roll*
DNC
3 / 7
Grants Regen status to party members within area of effect.
~I use this often while soloing. why sub dnc for heals when you can sub something else and just regen yourself.

Scholar's Roll*
SCH
2 / 6
Enhances Conserve MP effect for party members within area of effect.
~Every time I give this to a mage they yell they want 'a better roll' but don't know what my rolls are. If i'm giving this to you its because I see you are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and can't manage your own mp.

Bolter's Roll***
None†
3 / 9
Increases Movement Speed for party members within area of effect.
~run fast :D stacks with mazurka from that other job that is kinda lame, oh and fleet foot from garuda master job.

Caster's Roll***
None†
2 / 7
Enhances Fast Cast effect for party members within area of effect.
~rdm's like this, they think its just to much fun being able to cast cure IV's at dia speed and ***.

Courser's Roll***
None†
3 / 9
Enhances "Snapshot" effect for party members within area of effect.
~Well looky there bet you didn't even know this existed. Snapshot is nice, in the ranger party in something high profile and they want faster tp so they can use their fancy relic gun..... that se wont give us..... well I guess this would help. though tact's would work also.

Blitzer's Roll***
None†
4 / 9
Reduces melee attack delay for party members within area of effect.
~This is a useless roll for the reason's people want it. It lowers the delay of your weapon meaning you arn't going to get to 100% tp faster because you are getting less tp per hit. The instance this IS usefull, something is only taking dmg from en spells like JoF? well enfire everyone and give them this so they hit faster with the en spell. bam win ty.

Tactician's Roll***
None†
5 / 8
Grants a "Regain" effect to party members within area of effect.
~really? if I need to explain why you want more tp for doing nothing, go delete your character.

Allies' Roll***
None†
3 / 10
Enhances Skillchain damage and skillchain accuracy for party members within area of effect.
~I use this when I brew or when someone in my party is brewing, people didn't think it was useful at first but when you realize you can skillchain how fast you are getting tp with a brew, well its not so useless.

Miser's Roll***
None†
5 / 7
Grants Save TP effect to party members within area of effect.
~SE gimped save & store tp. so this is a POS now. I hate to say it or ever say a roll is useless, but because SE gimped the thing this enhances. It truly is now the one and only useless roll....

Companion's Roll***
None†
2 / 10
Grants "Regain" and "Regen" effects to pets of party members within area of effect.
~This roll.... This roll..... basically think about embrava. You like this thought yes? it is delicious? ever think a pet would like to think these things? well this is almost like doing that. 20hp/tick 5tp/tick. pretty hard to beat that for pets.

Avenger's Roll***
None†
4 / 8
Increases chance of countering for party members within area of effect.
~Countering is always fun, however not very practical unless you are in salvage. and don't think monk's want this... They can get to counter cap on their own without you, if they wanted it so badly they would have it by themselves.
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-25 21:06:05
Link | Citer | R

12.Gear Sets

I was being poked I need to put in gear sets. So here goes. Below will be some gear sets for you people, also I am going to be nice to the lazy people who just want to 'buy' the job, though some of the rare/ex gear is a must.

~~~Laststand~~~
-If you wonder why I have so much acc over att, its because I usually am not using my armageddon in legion, so that is where I Laststand the most. thus a set built for it I have.
Best I can think of:

What I use:

AH buyable:

~~~Wildfire~~~
Best I can think of:

What I use:

AH buyable:

~~~Requiscant~~~
Best I can think of:

What I use:

AH buyable:

~~~Exentorator~~~
I do not use Exentorator, I feel if I am doing a physical AGI mod WS on a mob. It will be Laststand, but here are some ideas.
Best I can think of:

What I use: I don't

~~~Quickdraws~~~
I am not making one for each quickdraw, you are out of your mind. Look at the items list inside the gear set and think about which ring or obi to use if you can't figure it out. :p
Best I can think of:

What I use:

AH buyable:

~~~Ranged~~~
As Corsair does not have A marksmanship, I feel it is more important to focus on Ranged acc, also my builds are going to be aimed more towards high end events like legion where acc can be an issue.
Best I can think of:

What I use:

AH buyable:

~~Pre-Ranged~~~
No I do not think putting that ugly *** pink has is better. Emp+2 head gives rapid shot +10, also you want acc to work with, snap shot does you no good if it misses. However in the buyable set, you are forced to get the pink hat.
Best I can think of:

What I use:

AH buyable:
[+]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2013-01-25 21:06:21
Link | Citer | R

~~~Melee~~~

Best I can think of:

What I use:
Athos tabard and Mustella mask are kind of a toss up, either or will work just fine. its more the haste you are trying to cap.

AH buyable:Not even making.... ^ is 100% rare/ex

~~~Rolls~~~
Ok so rolls, slightly different. some rolls have items that make them better. Also rolls have a pattern to decide their Lucky and Unlucky numbers. I have them split as such in my spellcast so avoid unneeded coding in my spellcast. That is why these sets will be split how they are.
Also, I am only putting what I use because there are very limited gear choices.

Magus, Choral, Samurai, Scholar LUCKY 2 --- UNLUCKY 6
What I use:

Healer, Monk, Gallant, Dancer, Puppet LUCKY 3 --- UNLUCKY 7
What I use:

Ninja, Hunter, Chaos, Beast, Warlock, Drachen LUCKY 4 --- UNLUCKY 8
What I use:

Corsair, Evoker, Fighter, Rogue, Wizard LUCKY 5 --- UNLUCKY 9
What I use:

Bolter, Courser LUCKY 3 --- UNLUCKY 9
What I use:

Caster LUCKY 2 --- UNLUCKY 7
What I use:

Blitzer LUCKY 4 --- UNLUCKY 9
What I use:

Tactician LUCKY 5 --- UNLUCKY 8
What I use:

Allies LUCKY 3 --- UNLUCKY 10
What I use:

Miser LUCKY 5 --- Unlucky 7
What I use:

I hope you all enjoyed my guide, really hope you learned something from it, if you have any questions or comments feel free to send me a PM or /tell in game. If you see me on DRK know I still love COR more haha.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-01-25 21:13:58
Link | Citer | R

But she already... and we have... Sehachunz :|
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-25 21:14:11
Link | Citer | R

We kinda have a COR guide already, and it's a lot prettier.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-25 21:16:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
We kinda have a COR guide already, and it's a lot prettier.
[+]
 Valefor.Ranulf
Serveur: Valefor
user: Xenophire
By Valefor.Ranulf 2013-01-25 21:16:29
Link | Citer | R

Appreciate your enthusiasm and thought, but you were beaten. :/

Arg.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-01-25 21:40:42
Link | Citer | R

Good guide, no offense to Seha but like, who cares a guide was already made? opinions/etc from another (seemingly, cant say I'm really a fountain of knowledge when it comes to COR) experienced COR is valuable to those who are seeking such guides.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-25 21:46:13
Link | Citer | R

Because it's redundant and any discrepancies could have just posted in the other thread.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-01-25 21:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Since there's now a guide for most jobs that people care about, we will now enter a whole new realm of guidedom: Duplicatus Guidatusum
[+]
 Asura.Yomisha
Serveur: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-01-25 21:58:33
Link | Citer | R

<.< There is almost always multiple same subject guides on any forum you go to. There's really no use in complaining. If you've found all the information you've ever wanted from Seha's guide, just don't look at this one and move on. @_@
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-25 22:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yomisha said: »
<.< There is almost always multiple same subject guides on any forum you go to. There's really no use in complaining. If you've found all the information you've ever wanted from Seha's guide, just don't look at this one and move on. @_@

I think it also comes down to (perhaps for some here, this is just a guess) the same reason why people are pointed to the RT thread. So everything is in one spot. If new info comes out, updating both guides would be silly, no?
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-01-25 22:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

I think it also comes down to (perhaps for some here, this is just a guess) the same reason why people are pointed to the RT thread. So everything is in one spot. If new info comes out, updating both guides would be silly, no?

People have disagreements on how to play jobs and what to do. I read some good things in Seha's guide and I read some things that I just wouldn't do. So while math might say, "This is the best Last Stand set period." there are some things, like strats for events, that are not universal to just one state of mind and to that, one guide.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-25 22:20:03
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Shiomi said: »

People have disagreements on how to play jobs and what to do. I read some good things in Seha's guide and I read some things that I just wouldn't do. So while math might say, "This is the best Last Stand set period." there are some things, like strats for events, that are not universal to just one state of mind and to that, one guide.

So pose the question in your mind into that thread guide to discuss?
 Phoenix.Shiomi
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-01-25 22:22:29
Link | Citer | R

So pose the question in your mind into that thread guide to discuss?

And start a huge fight and try and tell someone what you think is better in their guide? Nah, I think I'd rather just make my own guide with my own ideas.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-01-25 22:22:44
Link | Citer | R

its really not that big of a deal

thank you for taking your time to share this guide
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-25 22:24:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure how asking a question is going to start a fight. *shrug*. To each their own though.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-01-25 22:29:06
Link | Citer | R

And start a huge fight and try and tell someone what you think is better in their guide? Nah, I think I'd rather just make my own guide with my own ideas.

Televised Ballista match. The only fair way to settle it.

:p
VIP
By alyria 2013-01-25 22:43:31
Link | Citer | R

It's fine to have another guide.

I used many guides on same jobs. It's not a big deal.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-25 22:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Aly Saxena said: »

It's more because instead of making this long *** guide, he coulda just posted his views in the other one in less time and less effort. The people that generally go to these guides tend to take everything to heart and that could potentially lead to the spread of misinformation because some people have different "opinions." Example:

Phoenix.Hapa said: »
Joyeuse is a very nice off hand sword because of its acc atk twice. lovely bit of extra tp.
Why the ***are you DW on cor to start with?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Luthian
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2013-01-25 22:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for posting this guide. I'm new to Corsair and it's nice to have more than one guide to use. This guide has already given me information that the other guide doesn't mention.

Thanks again!
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-01-25 23:09:00
Link | Citer | R

It's more because instead of making this long *** guide, he coulda just posted his views in the other one in less time and less effort. The people that generally go to these guides tend to take everything to heart and that could potentially lead to the spread of misinformation because some people have different "opinions." Example:

for something like ADL where you are never going to get PD, you're not a mule, and you'll get 1 or 2 bullets off on most pi monsters before they die why would you not melee and why would you not sub dnc if there were people to haste? not saying joyeuse is a good idea but /dnc on cor is not the worst thing in the world for certain things
VIP
By alyria 2013-01-25 23:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't matter austar...

People can follow a guide completely or just take bits and pieces from this one and another one to build their character however they want for whatever situation. If you don't like it...then just dont look at it and follow whatever guide you choose.

People offer to make corrections and can give advice than start an argument over joyeuse...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: blurr69
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2013-01-25 23:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Pointing out redundancies on ffxiah forum is redundant. Also, nice guide, and nice of you to share ^^.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-25 23:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't matter austar...

People can follow a guide completely or just take bits and pieces from this one and another one to build their character however they want for whatever situation. If you don't like it...then just dont look at it and follow whatever guide you choose.

People offer to make corrections and can give advice than start an argument over joyeuse...
I just think it's dumb to make a second guide, especially one that is pretty unprofessionally written at this one. 90% of this guide is half opinionated on PvP or "if you don't do this, you suck, quit COR."

Asura.Fondue said: »

for something like ADL where you are never going to get PD, you're not a mule, and you'll get 1 or 2 bullets off on most pi monsters before they die why would you not melee and why would you not sub dnc if there were people to haste? not saying joyeuse is a good idea but /dnc on cor is not the worst thing in the world for certain things
Because DWing would slow your TP gain down. Would be better off single wielding it. Melee is faster TP gain, DW is not.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-01-25 23:22:06
Link | Citer | R

k
[+]
First Page 2 3