January 28, 2013 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
 Cerberus.Frotaut
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Frotaut2
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-01-26 15:47:31
Link | Citer | R

i did have embrava, i'm just saying for most of the player base i'm not sure how they dont have 15/15 gear by now. Aside from the social players what have the people that play care about NINI. Detzu kindly pointed out the extra alex flow from floor 100. For the people spamming NINI wasting tags for alex i guess this will suck. For most of the player base that has moved past NINI as a Event i guess, i'm wondering why your worried. Not as a snide thing or to be rude but generally curious as to how this will effect real end game ls's from doing things like adl, odin and legion. Sorry for confusion.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-26 15:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
So, as someone who does not understand .dat replacing and just made a new account a few months ago and currently has no access to a dedicated NNI group, is it safe to say I will not be seeing a single piece of Thaumas in my inventory, or am I vastly overestimating the difficulty of the event?
idk, I've never done it personally.

I think you can get it if you beat floor 80 enough times though.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-26 15:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Using Windower alone just to display the game in a windowed mode (official SE windower lags for me) isn't cheating. That is why there is Windower lite with no commands, plugins, or scripts.

depends if you define cheating as breaking the ToS or not, if you do then yes, it is.

Personally I don't consider most of what Windower allows one to do as "cheating" but the term is very subjective.

I still can't believe that guy earlier was talking about how to get it working IN GAME, was like, um dude are you stupid or something?
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-01-26 15:49:52
Link | Citer | R

So, as someone who does not understand .dat replacing and just made a new account a few months ago and currently has no access to a dedicated NNI group, is it safe to say I will not be seeing a single piece of Thaumas in my inventory, or am I vastly overestimating the difficulty of the event?

You overestimate it, not vastly but still.
 Sylph.Decimus
Serveur: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-01-26 15:53:18
Link | Citer | R

Only needing to win 80 5 times is a huge improvement for people that were struggling to hit 100. I wouldn't be pessimistic at all about your chances unless you refuse to level scholar along with having 0 decent dd's.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-01-26 15:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Alright, thank you for giving me some hope. Glad to see I'm not going to be completely screwed over in terms of gear before SoA hits. Scholar is 99 at the moment, currently finishing some pieces for a decent enhancing set. Now if VW drops would be something other than logs I might be able to make a 500 within the week. Looks like I really need to get my *** in gear and start learning about NNI and find some groups. Thanks again.
 Bismarck.Helel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-01-26 16:01:29
Link | Citer | R

You can reach floor 80 easily without any embrava whatsoever. We did it numerous times before the schx2 strat was universally adopted. I don't foresee any problems with NNI post-update.

Also, embrava is still quite useful on boss fights. It lasts a good 7 minutes, since you can recast at when rasa is about to wear off. Technically it lasts longer than that, but it will take a minute or so for the SCH to apply the other buffs, use strats, etc. Pretty much any boss in the game should be dead within 7m.

I've found it invaluable in salvage as well, especially with rasa now being on a 1-hour timer. Using two embravas per run really speeds things up.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-01-26 16:03:22
Link | Citer | R

As far as i'm aware, you can't dat swap anymore since the lamp .dats are kept on the server side now, not client side.

Really, all you need to do is a get a group of friends, make sure everyone has decent gear and doesn't suck and use some form of communication (skype, ventrillo, etc). While the skype isn't needed, i've seen it greatly improve results.

Hell, I won with 4 DDs, Sch and a Bard before, waiting to use embrava at the half way point.

Main DDs we used were 95 Relic Mnk, 85 Emp Mnk/war (was me, I alternated back and forth), an OAT Dragoon, and the 4th we rotated, either a blue mage or a OAT Drk.

We went about 1/4 on on wins, but we constantly cleared level 80.

Anymore, NNI isn't hard if you get a group of people together that don't suck and know what they're doing.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-01-26 16:11:02
Link | Citer | R

You could probably clear floor 80 with 4 tp bonus gkts, a sch, and a brd. And 500 enhancing isn't necessary and won't be worth it once Adoulin hits. My group had 15+ wins with sub 500 sch's.
By Mookies 2013-01-26 17:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Mookies said: »
Where is this information from?
what information?

The OP. I didn't see anything on the FF11 forums, must have missed it.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2013-01-26 17:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Frotaut said: »
i did have embrava, i'm just saying for most of the player base i'm not sure how they dont have 15/15 gear by now. Aside from the social players what have the people that play care about NINI. Detzu kindly pointed out the extra alex flow from floor 100. For the people spamming NINI wasting tags for alex i guess this will suck. For most of the player base that has moved past NINI as a Event i guess, i'm wondering why your worried. Not as a snide thing or to be rude but generally curious as to how this will effect real end game ls's from doing things like adl, odin and legion. Sorry for confusion.

It won't affect real endgame LS's from actually doing the events in the first place. It will just mean one less trick in the bag, perhaps a couple less Legion mobs per run, slightly slower kills, etc.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-26 18:09:51
Link | Citer | R

what information?

1. Next version update to dig into town! (01/22/2013)
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml#9765

2. Testing in Progress
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/83-Testing-in-Progress

3. Still In Development
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/82-In-Development

4. All Worlds Maintenance (Jan. 28)
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news21879.shtml

Is that what you wanted?
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-26 19:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Don't forget Embrava's regen. That's not being nerfed directly, but with the duration cut, things like the PLD holding mobs in legion gets more difficult (not that much more, but it's best example I have offhand). Twelve and a half minutes of high powered regen (that stacks with other Regen) in addition to everything else helps a lot.

I don't think anything is unwinnable without it, but if you think it doesn't help, I don't know what to tell you :)
By Mookies 2013-01-26 19:37:12
Link | Citer | R

what information?

1. Next version update to dig into town! (01/22/2013)
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml#9765

2. Testing in Progress
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/83-Testing-in-Progress

3. Still In Development
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/82-In-Development

4. All Worlds Maintenance (Jan. 28)
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news21879.shtml

Is that what you wanted?

Ah so it's just speculation on what will be in the patch? Since there is no official word.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-26 20:42:02
Link | Citer | R

We know for sure there will be Meebles updates, beyond that I'm not sure.
By Jetackuu 2013-01-26 20:57:44
Link | Citer | R

stop questioning teh Kali!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-28 11:36:11
Link | Citer | R

January 29, 2013 (JST) Version Update

Event-related

• Meeble Burrows Additions and Adjustments

• New expeditions have been added.

The new expeditions are issued by the Burrow Researcher in Batallia Downs (J-8).
      *The expeditions in Batallia Downs are independent from those in Sauromugue Champaign.
    • "The Batallia Downs caverns" has been added as a location to which the Burrow Investigator in Upper Jeuno (I-8) may transport you.

• A new NPC named Sokrov, with whom you can exchange wizened worms for reward items, has been introduced in Batallia Downs (J-8).
      *Sokrov serves the same function as Utrig does in Sauromugue Champaign (J-7).
    • New wizened worm exchange items have been added.

• Trades with the following NPCs involving ancient currencies may now only be completed if the currency amount matches the amount needed to purchase items.Haggleblix: Beadeaux (E-7)
    Lootblox: Davoi (J-7)
    Antiqix Castle Oztroja (F-8)

Item-related
  • New items have been added.

System-related

• When trading with other players, information regarding the number of items you possess will now display while the trade window is open.

Resolved Issues
  • The following issues have been rectified:

• The issue wherein the Spinet furnishing would not play certain songs even when placed in one's Mog House.
    • The issue wherein the damage bonus based on dexterity for the thief ability Sneak Attack would activate even when thief was set as a support job.
    • The issue wherein changing the number of character models displayed under "Misc." in the Config menu would also change the cursor position for the Icon Type setting.

Known Issues
  • Receiving the effects of Warp II, Teleport, or Retrace during a cutscene in a town occasionally skips the cutscene.

• The item Vihuela cannot yet be delivered to characters belonging to different accounts.

• Using the black magic spell Kaustra does not properly count towards completing "dark-based status ailment" objectives in Trial of the Magians.

• The Abyssea-Tahrongi NM Cuelebre can become the target of melee attacks at all times under certain conditions.

• The rate at which participants in Ballista and Brenner competitions receive temporary items remains unintentionally high under certain circumstances.

• Absorbing the effect of a song while under the effect of a Phantom Roll occasionally negates the Phantom Roll effect.

[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-28 11:38:18
Link | Citer | R

as expected
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-01-28 11:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Sigh....

No Bhaflau Remnants adjustment? ; ;

Shiny GKT though...do want o.o
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-28 11:38:54
Link | Citer | R

Expect an emergency maintenance for something they didn't notice.

"An issue has occured wherein the spell Deodorize causes instadeath on players."
[+]
By volkom 2013-01-28 11:39:06
Link | Citer | R

anything else D:?

like any news on salvage stuff?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-01-28 11:39:56
Link | Citer | R

______      ___      ____      ______    _  _     _____   
|      \\   / _ \\   |  _ \\   /_   _//  | \| ||  /  ___|| 
|  --  //  | / \ ||  | |_| ||   -| ||-   |  ' || | // __   
|  --  \\  | \_/ ||  | .  //    _| ||_   | .  || | \\_\ || 
|______//   \___//   |_|\_\\   /_____//  |_|\_||  \____//  
`------`    `---`    `-` --`   `-----`   `-` -`    `---`   

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-28 11:41:00
Link | Citer | R

They made it pretty clear that this update was going to be about Meebles and maybe 1-2 things extra, most of which we already knew about except for the weapons.

Which probably come from Meebles.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Xaniko
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xaniko
By Ragnarok.Xaniko 2013-01-28 11:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Game dying slowly...
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-01-28 11:41:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm not gonna lie, This is awesome

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-01-28 11:41:32
Link | Citer | R

They made it pretty clear that this update was going to be about Meebles and maybe 1-2 things extra, most of which we already knew about except for the weapons. Which probably come from Meebles.

O, let me whine.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-28 11:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Oat GK with coolest aura ever and the weird weakness GA.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-01-28 11:42:14
Link | Citer | R

The inventory thing is really awesome, so many trades cancelled because of full inventory. That GKT looks really awesome too lol.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-01-28 11:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Let me learn Meeble Warble for my blu already SE !
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-01-28 11:42:36
Link | Citer | R

I will say this though, shortest update notes ever.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10