user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-07-09 19:19:43
Link | Citer | R

Do you get the stats in the offhand?
By Marootsoobootsu 2018-07-09 19:31:41
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Reain said: »

Our BRD doesn't want to test more. Didn't test multiple songs stacking on Bard, or off-hand, but they only have one so couldn't test dual-wielding.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-09 19:40:05
Link | Citer | R

Marootsoobootsu said: »
Sylph.Reain said: »

Our BRD doesn't want to test more. Didn't test multiple songs stacking on Bard, or off-hand, but they only have one so couldn't test dual-wielding.

If your bard is smart he's selling that ***before people find out it doesnt work on party members (obviously *eyeroll*)

Ever seen something depreciate in real time?

Like driving a Vette(showing my age... a Tesla?) off the lot and slamming into the first telephone pole.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-31 13:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Re:
NQ: Bard's Knife (1%)
HQ1: Bihu Knife (2%)
HQ2: Barfawc (3%)

8 songs(2 bards) * 6DT (3(HQ2)+ 3(HQ2)) = 48% DT

If its the same as the COR dagger, any song effect you have on counts, weapons work in main or off hand
[+]
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2018-08-02 03:13:32
Link | Citer | R

Started to save gil for that knife!
With that racc i can prob kill mobs with throwing intruments!
Excitement :D
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-02 08:49:10
Link | Citer | R

Even with just 1 bard, 4 songs, and 1 weapon, isnt this the best idle piece? 12% DT?
 Asura.Seizan
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2018-08-02 18:42:48
Link | Citer | R

That with shield, yes.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-13 08:04:37
Link | Citer | R

Dual wielding +2/+1 expected result was 900 (had 2 songs up)

3% + 2% * 2(songs) = 10%
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-08-13 09:21:53
Link | Citer | R

FWIW I have a Barfawc for sale for 500m <shameless plug>
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
By Kronkeykong 2018-09-23 11:05:00
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, new to BRD. Got my Gjallar working on that Aeonic now.

I'm looking for a simpler LUA with basic interactions for swapping horn for harp etc.

Could anyone PM me one or reply with one? Thanks!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-10-17 02:10:40
Link | Citer | R

My WHM mule is finnaly at a states where i dont have to worry to mcuh about improvent and i want to start working on his BRD job as well

Quick question: does the follwoing thin enhance song casting time
- Fast cat
- OCC Quickens Spellcasting

I only have EMP +2 ( not reforged yet)
What is some easy fast improvement I can grab ?

Im somewhere halways through on daurdudble emp stage 1
butconsideirng jsut getting JSE instrument since its just a brd mule
By chads 2018-10-25 06:54:08
Link | Citer | R

Hey all,

Currently putting together a pure non-afk support BRD as my new main project now that I'm feeling happy with PUP.

Assuming full Kaykaus +1 (so capped Cure Pot) what is my best option for a healing weapon? I don't have any Kaykaus but I'm considering ot for the future.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Boogs
Serveur: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-10-25 07:14:05
Link | Citer | R

Serenity from SR is a pretty good option until you get Kaykaus +1. After that you can use anything. Sangoma gives you some fast cast and refresh and regen. You can also go the -DT route with a Genmei shield and the club from one of those avatar HTB (Ramuh?). Edit: Mafic Cudgel from Titan.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-10-25 10:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Sangoma gives you some fast cast and refresh and regen.

not sure waht you are talking about here. Sangoma Lappa are pre-ilvl gear that doesn't do what you say, and Sangoma ring does have any of those attributes.
 Shiva.Applesmash
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2018-10-25 10:40:58
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Sangoma gives you some fast cast and refresh and regen.

not sure waht you are talking about here. Sangoma Lappa are pre-ilvl gear that doesn't do what you say, and Sangoma ring does have any of those attributes.

Sangoma, the dagger from Teles.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-25 11:24:48
Link | Citer | R

chads said: »
Hey all,

Currently putting together a pure non-afk support BRD as my new main project now that I'm feeling happy with PUP.

Assuming full Kaykaus +1 (so capped Cure Pot) what is my best option for a healing weapon? I don't have any Kaykaus but I'm considering ot for the future.

Thanks!
5/5 Kayakus HQ is a really good set, but are you really sure you know what you're getting into? Maybe I'm wrong and I apologize, but I get the feeling that you *think* it's the absolute best and want to set 5/5 HQ as your ultimate goal.
Now as I said it's undoubtely a really good set, but it's not necessarily the "absolute best", depends on your point of view.

First of all, it's ~90 mils gil to get the full set. You sure you don't have other more important things for your BRD that you could get before going for Kayakus HQ? (assuming you'd get it only for BRD, of course)

Second: You don't cap CP1 with 5/5 Kayakus HQ (well... pretty close though)

The good part about Kayakus+1 is the lovely 10% CP2 set bonus it gives, in addition to really high MND values and some Healing skill (head only alas).
In case you didn't know, Healing Skill is much more relevant in raising the efficiency of Cure 1-4 spells, especially on BRD because you get the skill of a level 49 WHM, not a level 99.
MND does affect C1-C4, but not much.
Which means what while MND is good, it's Healing Skill you would want the most, ideally, for C1-4 spells.

As I already said Kayakus HQ sadly has skill only in the head slot, BUT it gives set bonus CP2 so it's still good.
For instance compare 5/5 Kayakus HQ vs 4/5 Kayakus HQ, using Inyanga+2 Hands. (I'm considering the ~2% additional CP2 for 5/5 of course)

5/5 Kaya => C3 ~430 HP, C4 ~801 HP
4/5 Kaya => C3 ~429 HP, C4 ~799 HP

Or for example let's compare 5/5 Kaya HQ vs 4/5 Kaya HQ using Vanya Feet.

5/5 Kaya => C3 ~430 HP, C4 ~801 HP
4/5 Kaya => C3 ~433 HP, C4 ~808 HP

It's ~15mils gil for each of those two items, you see what I mean? Are you sure you really want to go 5/5?

Now, Kayakus HQ has other advantages as well of course beyond just CP1 and CP2. First it grants -enmity on all pieces, even more if you go for path B aug (at the expense of some additional healing from the lost MND), something that's gonna come in handy if you'll ever find yourself mainhealing a non proper tank for instance.

Other pros of Kayakus HQ piece by piece in my humble opinion:
Head => With path D, really good for mab, Aeolian Edge or... nuking lol?
Body => BiS for Refresh, still very good Meva even if lower than Inyanga+2 of course. Out of my mind I think it's also the only CP2 option that BRD can use, other than the Kaya+1 set bonus of course.
Hands => Path A probably BiS for landing white magic debuffs. Inferior to Inyanga+2 for landing black magic debuffs (lol)
Legs => Path D okaysh (but not BiS) for magic stuff (nukes, magic WS etc), BiS Fast Cast option for BRD. Good but not BiS for landing debuffs/macc.
Feet => Nothing that hasn't been already said, but yai for Conserve MP! I guess lol

tl;dr
Kayakus HQ is an awesome set but it lost much of the value it used to have thanks to new gear being released.
If you really want to go for that I'd definitely get Body HQ and then either Legs or Head (or both) to activate the set bonus.
Use Vanya Feet (path B) and Inyanga+2 hands.
All of this supposing you can cap Cure Potency but using something good in your Main Hand that shouldn't be a problem.

There's also the Cape slot.
If you can cap CP without it, I suggest to go with MND+30 / enmity-10.
By chads 2018-10-25 15:50:29
Link | Citer | R

Amazing advice, thank you!

Aso for 5/5 Kaykaus not capping Cure pot (1) on it's own I believe path D body will make it happen. 11% on each piece except body and then 6% on body path D. The rest can be put unto enmity- etc. I'm at work at the moment but I'll post the set I "had in mind" and seek improvements from there.

Also for the cost; after finishing Daurdabla and Gjallarhorn and pucking up essentials such as Moonbow Whistle, I'll have "enough" left over to pick up a few toys. I /would/ save more for a Carn but honestly... I'm very burnt out on the REMA grind atm after GHorn and Daurdabla.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-10-25 15:57:11
Link | Citer | R

For "endgame" bard, Carn is by far the most important tool (besides Harp) you can have and it is worth buying before any Kaykaus +1. You will throw off all kinds of Bard rotation strategies if you do not have it. I highly recommend rethinking that.

If you do not plan on doing events where you would need to be in a rotation, then ignore this.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-25 16:57:46
Link | Citer | R

I'd dare to say that these days Carnwenhan is even more worth to have than stuff like Daurdabla.
That might sound like an hyperbole, but truly Carn is quite useful.
Especially if you're BRD swapping with other BRDs, it's such a pain when one has Carn and the other doens't.

I'd totally do that before HQ kayakus that, while really nice, is truly more a pleasure for yourself in the form of completition, rather than something that's gonna be really useful.

Hell I would even buy some Mousai HQ before spending gil on Kayakus HQ for BRD. Do you have 4/5 Mousai HQ already? (Feet are useless, arguably Body is skippable too given how "useless" mage setups are these days)

Also if you intend to melee in the future you could consider the BRD JSE neck!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-25 17:05:07
Link | Citer | R

I mean like, you could just not rotate bards. Do you really need 8 songs 4 rolls and 4 GEO effects. (yes, I know you think you do).

#buffsshoulddropifbufferdrops /rant

Mobs get built "requiring" 16 buffs because you always use 16 buffs. They have no choice.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-25 17:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Also last but not least, since you mentioned you're interested in the -enmity path for Kayakus HQ (at the cost of some minor healing potency by letting go of the MND+12 aug).

Be aware that Enmity- on gear caps at -50.
You get -10 from Cape alone.
Then at least -5 if you use Serenity from SR.
That's "only" 35 -enmity left to get in the other slots.
Plenty of options there, up to -5 in the Ammo, -2 Shield, multiple options in the neck (but not worth to give up Incanter's imo), multiple options up to -5 in the earring slots.
For the Ring if you got Janniston that's -8 alone.
Not many worth options in the waist slot, there's Crudelis for -3 I guess.

What I meant is: you don't need to go 5/5 HQ Kayakus with -enmity path on 4 of them to cap -enmity. That alone would be above cap.
You can totally cap -enmity even without 5/5 HQ Kayakus with pretty minimal sacrifices.

...this might make me look like I'm totally against HQ Kayakus. I'm not >.>
But it definitely should not be your priority in the state your BRD is in. Just get a couple of HQ Kayakus (Body for sure, then maybe legs and/or head) and use other items in the other slots, saving gil for stuff like Mousai+1 (you really want Head, Hands and arguably Legs) and most of all Carnwenhan!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-25 17:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Do you really need 8 songs 4 rolls and 4 GEO effects.
Yes.

Yes.

You don't understand how much my phallus will shrink if I am below haste, pdif, accuracy, magic accuracy, or mratio cap.

(Not really sure the point of the comment, obviously more buffs makes most events smoother. Sure, you can win wave3 without rotating, but you'll get more mobs cleared and more RP gained with them.)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-25 17:09:34
Link | Citer | R

I mean like, you could just not rotate bards. Do you really need 8 songs 4 rolls and 4 GEO effects. (yes, I know you think you do).
I'm TOTALLY against brd swapping especially in Dynamis because it's simply not possible with the amount of lag we're getting, it kills the fun of playing this game.

BUT

I have to admit on stuff like Wave 2 boss, wave3 trash and wave3 megaboss it REALLY makes a difference.
If you plan on pulling those fomors on Wave3, you can totally see a noticeable difference by having 8 songs instead of 4.
I'd love to say it doesn't make a difference but alas it does.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-25 17:11:37
Link | Citer | R

Just the point that you can already change gear instantly, party rotating never should've been a thing. They FINALLY caught on to buff locking, they FINALLY caught on with prebuffing. But they still allow rotating.

If the bard/cor drops, you should lose the songs/rolls. I don't think that would've been unreasonable.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-25 17:12:54
Link | Citer | R

That's a fair point, especially with how unpleasant BRD rotating is in Dynamis. I'd rather it didn't exist, but while it does it's a pretty important factor in how the job is played.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-25 17:13:33
Link | Citer | R

If the bard/cor drops, you should lose the songs/rolls. I don't think that would've been unreasonable.
It should be the case for any buff that is not useable cross-party.
Such as Songs and Rolls, of course.

Not sure they'd have the technology to do that though.
It's easier when loading an event because they can perform a check, but during a party join/leave? That would be a massive overload of work for the server if they had to query the buffs each time someone drops a pt.

So I think they didn't do that simply because it's not technically feasible.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-25 17:25:12
Link | Citer | R

It's certainly feasible, the issue is retrofitting it not CPU time. Too big a change for them to mess with.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-25 17:30:40
Link | Citer | R

You lose all buffs when you party sync, not really much different.

If you have to make it so that you lose ALL buffs when a party member drops, thats still more reasonable than party rotations. (would've been) yes, it would suck for disconnects. *shrug*

( I just really *** hate bard rotations. So *** irritating )
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 61 62 63