Saber Dance & /war DA

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Saber dance & /war DA
Saber dance & /war DA
By yufhi 2013-01-02 05:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Can someone point me in the direction of discussions on saber dance vs /war double attack trait?
 Shiva.Arana
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-02 06:15:49
Link | Citer | R

What do you mean vs?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-01-02 07:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Double attack from /war and saberdance stack >.>

the only time time you wouldn't /war and give up the double attack from that is when you need /thf for the TH.

Also saber dance should be up all the time and only drop out of it to heal yourself.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-02 07:14:05
Link | Citer | R

Naw, they don't stack:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103597-Temporary-Random-Facts-Thread?p=4580788&viewfull=1#post4580788

But the point still stands. Unless you need to Waltz there's no reason to not have Saber Dance up.
By yufhi 2013-01-02 07:15:26
Link | Citer | R

"Saber Dance stacks additively with Double Attack gear, but overwrites the Double Attack job trait."

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Saber_Dance
By Aeyela 2013-01-02 07:17:03
Link | Citer | R

yufhi said: »
"Saber Dance stacks additively with Double Attack gear, but overwrites the Double Attack job trait."

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Saber_Dance

Posts asking a question, answers it himself.

[+]
 Shiva.Arana
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-02 07:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Not sure what you mean by vs still. 50%-20% is better than 10% period. Why would anyone discuss that?
By yufhi 2013-01-02 07:21:06
Link | Citer | R

Aeyela said: »
Posts asking a question, answers it himself.

BG was down this morning, I thought it would be quicker to ask here. Evidently not.
[+]
By Aeyela 2013-01-02 07:22:06
Link | Citer | R

yufhi said: »
BG was down this morning, I thought it would be quicker to ask here. Evidently not.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Naw, they don't stack:
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103597-Temporary-Random-Facts-Thread?p=4580788&viewfull=1#post4580788

But the point still stands. Unless you need to Waltz there's no reason to not have Saber Dance up.

Not liking an answer =/= not getting one...
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-02 08:42:25
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't mind actually expanding upon this to talk about alternative subjobs. One of the biggest benefits to /war is the DA trait. DNC rarely takes advantage of this job trait. Berserk is another big reason to /war but there are plenty of situations where Berserk is not a good idea.
So are there better subjob options when Berserk isn't useful? I've really liked the extra burst damage that I get from /thf in dynamis. With Wild Flourish -> SA -> Exenterator I've done around 5.5-6k on decent challenge targets, getting mid to high 3k's on the weaponskill itself with a scission skillchain around 2k. These aren't averages, they're highs. But still, SA can add some nice burst damage for us.
I'm guessing /sam could be another good subjob when Berserk isn't useful although honestly I haven't played with it much.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-02 09:32:10
Link | Citer | R

At the moment SA from /THF is acting like we're THF main. It's probably a glitch and SA isn't very useful solo, but it has slightly improved THF's damage potential (we also get Hide). I still mostly sub THF for TH.

If you're solo, /NIN is probably the best DD subjob in most cases because never taking damage = never spending TP to Waltz yourself = never dropping Saber Dance.

If you're duoing with a mage in a situation where Berserk's attack isn't useful or the defense-% is somehow too dangerous, /SAM is probably our best DD subjob for the 15 STP, Meditate between monsters, and Sekka for even longer skillchains. Depending on your build, this subjob might push you up to the TP gain point where you can self-skillchain reliably without Reverse Flourish.

If you're duoing with a mage in a situation where Berserk's attack does matter or soloing something that does a lot of damage through shadows, /WAR is probably the best subjob. Attack Bonus I, Berserk, Warcry, and Provoke.

If you have a lot of healing and are fighting Arcana *cough* Sylow *cough*, /DRK is okay for Arcane Circle, Attack Bonus II, Arcana Killer, and Souleater. Souleater is gimped when subbed, draining 8.5% HP to do 5% damage (Stalwart Soul I), but it's still extra damage if you have a ton of healing.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-02 09:34:58
Link | Citer | R

At the moment SA from /THF is acting like we're THF main. It's probably a glitch.

Wowowow, really? O.o For how long?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-02 09:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Probably since the last update. TA still acts normally (though it wouldn't be useful anyway without Assassin).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-02 10:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Gonna go Brew SA Torcleaver something later.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-02 10:13:06
Link | Citer | R

999 VIT = 509 base damage
Caladbolg 90 = 120 base damage
Capped fSTR = 21 base damage

300 TP = 6.5 fTP
+75/256 from Mekira +1, Gorget, and Belt (best when brewing)
= 4415 base damage before DEX
= 5414 base damage after DEX

So the SA glitch will increase your damage 20% over what it would normally be.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-02 10:17:18
Link | Citer | R

You're no fun! :P
Saved me the 200k cruor I guess, time to.. upgrade another atmacite instead? maybe?
Ok sorry for the offtopicness, I'll shaddap now.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-01-02 14:32:24
Link | Citer | R

I'm Dnc/thf 99% of the time (probably why i got the stacking info wrong). my bad -.-

If you're duoing with a mage in a situation where Berserk's attack isn't useful or the defense-% is somehow too dangerous, /SAM is probably our best DD subjob for the 15 STP, Meditate between monsters, and Sekka for even longer skillchains. Depending on your build, this subjob might push you up to the TP gain point where you can self-skillchain reliably without Reverse Flourish.

has anyone come up with a good JA pattern for /sam when adding sekka+meditate into an existing presto+step+step ws->reverse flourish->ws routine? I'm not sure if its best to just use sekka+meditate for its own additional self sc , or if there's something more elaborate one should be doing with /sam for more dps (3+ part skillchain?).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-01-02 14:46:17
Link | Citer | R

You can do Sekka -> Evisceration -> Exenterator -> RF -> Evisceration for Distortion -> Darkness

We can't really 2-step Fusion or Gravitation, which limits our options pretty badly. If Exenterator had been Fusion and Dancing Edge / Shark Bite's skillchain properties were reversed, we would be in business.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Annalise
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-03-04 11:17:03
Link | Citer | R

You can do Sekka -> Evisceration -> Exenterator -> RF -> Evisceration for Distortion -> Darkness

We can't really 2-step Fusion or Gravitation, which limits our options pretty badly. If Exenterator had been Fusion and Dancing Edge / Shark Bite's skillchain properties were reversed, we would be in business.

I think you mean Sekka -> Exenterator -> Pyrrhic Kleos (Distortion) -> Reverse Flourish -> Evisceration (Darkness)

Evis -> Exent is Fragmentation, and like you said we can't do fusion so unfortunately that kind of dies there if you want level 3.

If you have another person with a frag ws, or same setup with a TP wing... you can do:

Sekka -> Evis -> Exent (Fragmentation) -> Tp wing -> Pyrric Kleos (Distortion) -> Evisceration (Darkness)

The fragmentation has 93% skillchain damage with skillchain bonus and Charis Bangles +2
The distortion has 108% damage with skillchain bonus and Charis Bangles +2
The darkness has 208% skillchain damage with 4 skills, skillchain bonus, and Charis Bangles +2

So ultimately if none are resisted the skillchains add an additional 409% Weaponskill damage.

With someone with a fusion weaponskill, can do Pyrric -> Their Weaponskill (Fusion) -> Exenterator (Light) as an additional option rather than just Their Weaponskill -> Exenterator (Light)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-04 11:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I actually accidentally did Evisceration -> Exenterator -> Pyrrhic Kleos -> Evisceration the other day. I saw Frag and I was like, "Wait, what the hell?" Bhaflau monsters are pretty nice for this because they have so much HP and you get to unlock so quickly.

It's kind of hard to get off long skillchains that rely on TP speed against most monsters because either they don't have enough HP to survive it or they have status TP moves that mess you up. For instance:

Khimaira - Tourb, Dreadstorm, Mist, Fulmination, Lithic/Fossilizing Breath. Pretty much the only TP move he has that isn't guaranteed to mess up your skillchain is Plague Swipes, which still gives a strong Virus effect.

Cerberus - Magma Hoplon, Ululation. This one is much more reasonable especially if you have fast Paralynas, but him blocking you with a badly timed Hoplon does still happen.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-03-06 11:36:46
Link | Citer | R

I agree with you there. It's just nice on some of the things that can actually take a beating for a bit. I have been doing salvage (old and new) with 3 people a lot lately and some of the NMs can take some hit.