The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 224 225 226
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-12 14:48:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Snaps, learn how to calculate resolution retard. you're so 1024x768. we're in the year 1920x1080 bud.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-12 14:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Snaps has contributed variously useful plugins to the community and is a seasoned coder. Please stop insulting him because you don't understand the code.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-12 15:08:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
regarding the jinpu crap, you never posted a single thing that showed any result. all you said was "I can do 99K with this" but your proposed formula never backed it up.

Umm yes we did. Turns out people testing Ninja figured out the model for hybrid WS's and when applied to Jinpu predicts the damage perfectly.

And you can easily register your new migrated character onto your FFXI account, many people did that.

"i'll check when I get home"

I always reply, with the exception being that if the discussion has moved far beyond the original point it's just not worth the time. I believe in that particular instance I didn't get back until late that evening due to seeing a movie with the wife. By then people had moved on.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-12 15:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
regarding the jinpu crap, you never posted a single thing that showed any result. all you said was "I can do 99K with this" but your proposed formula never backed it up.

Umm yes we did. Turns out people testing Ninja figured out the model for hybrid WS's and when applied to Jinpu predicts the damage perfectly.
no you didn't. "I can consistently do 99K with this" doesn't mean your formula was correct, and in a controlled setting, didn't apply to any test I did.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-12 15:16:59
Link | Citer | R

And you can easily register your new migrated character onto your FFXI account, many people did that.
I know you can, I just choose not to.

Like I said, trolling with pseudo anonymous account.

no you didn't. "I can consistently do 99K with this" doesn't mean your formula was correct, and in a controlled setting, didn't apply to any test I did.

Huh... did you even follow the two + pages that happened after you "proved" the 0.5 ftp, that was then disproved.

Quote:
jopa said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
On Lode Golem with Aeonic Jinpu did 9DMG naked otherwise(1k +500 from Aeonic and at 3k). Umaru did 0 DMG. so it is calculated at some point. Just to make sure it wasn't something weird with Aeonic adding 10 more Magic Damage via Ghastly Tathlum got it to do 10DMG.
After doing some testing as SAM vs. Blest Bones and NIN vs. Lode Golem, you can tell damage for the elemental hit in hybrd WS will always be

(0 + Magic Damage)*MAB/MDB*WSD

WSC does not apply (Utu Grip has no effect) and fTP either does not apply or is applied to the base damage before Magic Damage+ is added (Fotia in both slots has no effect). This all lines up with what has been observed from Flaming Crush.

Jopa then responded that MDMG was only being applied once, meaning the magic component was a single hit happening after the melee hits (which hit for 0). WSD as being applied to the entire thing.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-12 15:20:32
Link | Citer | R

Jopa then responded that MDMG was only being applied one, meaning the magic component was a single hit happening after the melee hits (which hit for 0). WSD as being applied to the entire thing.
which is different than what you were saying. weird.

Huh... did you even follow the two + pages that happened after you "proved" the 0.5 ftp, that was then disproved.
and where was the 1K TP being 0.5 fTP disproved?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-12 15:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Jopa then responded that MDMG was only being applied one, meaning the magic component was a single hit happening after the melee hits (which hit for 0). WSD as being applied to the entire thing.

You said 0.5 fTP for the melee hit that was then mirrored to 0.5 fTP for the magic hit on a level 1 mob.

We ~now~ know that magic hit never happened and you got a 1.0 melee hit instead.

Your own numbers proved you wrong because you divided the damage in half assuming half was from magic. And that's exactly what I was saying, that the WSD was being applied to the whole thing and not just to a part of the melee component. We also know that the fTP multipliers were a mistranslation from the JP Wiki, they are what the physical damage is multiplied against to determine the magic damage. The ninja forums did extensive testing on Blade: Chi proving this and that model fits perfectly with all observations from Jinpu.

Anyhow the details are on the SAM forum around that area. You've been salty ever since then.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-12 15:32:11
Link | Citer | R

And per usual Austar is stalking people.

And yeah I had to look over it again as he's doing a function that calls the same function within itself. When I get home I'll look over it but no doubt you probably gave it to him.

It looks like this is thread getting derailed, so I'll be brief.

It took about 90 seconds to write that python script. Anybody faintly familiar with Python could have written it. I posted the script and results because people come to this thread to be informed and I wanted to inform them. Your response to it says more about you than it does about me. You were confronted with some information that contradicted your point of view. Instead of admitting you were wrong, learning and growing you refuted the information and started dishing out personal attacks to anyone nearby.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-12 16:17:42
Link | Citer | R

You said 0.5 fTP for the melee hit that was then mirrored to 0.5 fTP for the magic hit on a level 1 mob.

We ~now~ know that magic hit never happened and you got a 1.0 melee hit instead.

Your own numbers proved you wrong because you divided the damage in half assuming half was from magic. And that's exactly what I was saying, that the WSD was being applied to the whole thing and not just to a part of the melee component. We also know that the fTP multipliers were a mistranslation from the JP Wiki, they are what the physical damage is multiplied against to determine the magic damage. The ninja forums did extensive testing on Blade: Chi proving this and that model fits perfectly with all observations from Jinpu.

Anyhow the details are on the SAM forum around that area. You've been salty ever since then.
looks to me like you were still wrong as well, kind of funny that you only remember one thing from that and it wasn't something you could personally disprove. None of your "tests" were even credible to begin with due the fact they were in an environment that wasn't controlled and your proposed formula was still wrong. Sounds like you're the one being salty about everything, not me.

besides, I was only trying to prove/disprove what BG had on the formula anyways.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-10-12 17:52:32
Link | Citer | R

And per usual Austar is stalking people.

And yeah I had to look over it again as he's doing a function that calls the same function within itself. When I get home I'll look over it but no doubt you probably gave it to him.

This is your pattern and it's very unhealthy for the community and this thread:

1) You state something as fact and rarely provide math proving your argument.
2) Someone disagrees and provides reasons why or flat out disproves your math.
3) Instead of coming up with counter math or counter arguments, you instantly try to discredit them through personal attacks and say you'll show why later(but never do)
4) You claim you're being personally attacked, bullied or stalked to garner sympathy for yourself. While the fact is, you're the most abrasive person on this forum.

Being proven wrong is not a personal attack. If you want people to stop 'stalking' you, stop being wrong all the time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-12 18:03:37
Link | Citer | R

And being wrong isn't fundamentally a bad thing. We're all students here. So be wrong. Use that to move forward and find solutions.

Science isn't a popularity contest.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-12 20:25:39
Link | Citer | R

Personal attacks aside, there is a problem with the multi function, you can't reuse r throughout as that devalues the ta/da values. You have to rerandomize r after each check.

Doesn't significantly change the results but just wanted to throw that out there.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-12 20:29:51
Link | Citer | R

r is different each time the function is called

edit: nvm I get what you mean, I misunderstood. this would be more accurate:
Code
def multi(n, qa, ta, da):                                                                          
    if random() <= qa:                                                                                     
        n = n + 3                                                                                   
    elif random() <= ta:                                                                                   
        n = n + 2                                                                                   
    elif random() <= da:                                                                                   
        n = n + 1                                                                                   
    if n >= 8:                                                                                      
        return 8                                                                                    
    else:                                                                                           
        return n
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-12 20:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Personal attacks aside, there is a problem with the multi function, you can't reuse r throughout as that devalues the ta/da values. You have to rerandomize r after each check.

Doesn't significantly change the results but just wanted to throw that out there.

Good catch. The results with this adjustment

Code
Set 1 mean 6.60 Set 2 mean 6.65 marginal gain 0.81 percent

It actually puts Flamma ahead even more because the marginal gain is smaller.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-13 07:25:32
Link | Citer | R

I had a long reply typed up to defend myself, but realize you guys are just trying to stir ***up, again. So I'm just going to say today's a new day.

Flamma +2 feet are BiS when you don't need the attack.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-10-13 07:29:44
Link | Citer | R

we all coulda had one last laugh and you ruined it.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-13 07:35:32
Link | Citer | R

Good Lord, it's a different guide every day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2017-10-17 14:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Hmm... Do the Flamma+2 pieces additional +40 Str/Dex/Vit change any of the war current equipments?
By Pankas 2017-10-17 18:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Good Lord, it's a different guide every day.
Different guide and different sets. Talking about sets, could anyone be able to post sets for TP, Reso, Upheavel please.
And one more thing when you say capped or uncapped attack, any chance to get some numbers for different content, for example between 119 - 125- 135 - over 135 etc etc.

Thank you
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-10-18 09:05:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious where Sulevia's Gauntlets +2 sit on the hierarchy if you don't have HQ Argosy yet?

That is what I've been using for Reso while I try to craft my own Voodoo gear. When you say Valorous if no NQ argosy, are you talking about DM aug'd QA+3?

ItemSet 353816

Zulfiqar: 28 DMG 20 STR 23 acc 7 atk
Valorous Mail: 8 STR 20 acc 25 atk 4% DA

Edit:

For the record I was referring to this comment about replacements for HQ Argosy from a few pages back.

Quote:
If we toss HQ argosy out, then your looking at Flamma +2 head definitely, well augmented valorous Hands / Body, well augmented Odyssean legs, WAR AF+3 feet or possibly Flamma +2 feet. If you don't want to spin the wheel on random augments then Flamma +2 Body / Hands / Legs will serve though it has no attack or Multi-Attack.

There was no mention of Sulevia's Gauntlets for hands, so I thought I would ask.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-10-18 09:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'm curious where Sulevia's Gauntlets +2 sit on the hierarchy if you don't have HQ Argosy yet?

That is what I've been using for Reso while I try to craft my own Voodoo gear. When you say Valorous if no NQ argosy, are you talking about DM aug'd QA+3?

ItemSet 353816

Zulfiqar: 28 DMG 20 STR 23 acc 7 atk
Valorous Mail: 8 STR 20 acc 25 atk 4% DA

When augmenting for Resolution, you should aim for as much STR/DA/ACC/ATK as possible. If you happen to get a QA augment from Dark Matter with STR/ACC/ATK more power to you.

Sulevia'a Gauntlets are a great piece until you get Argosy Mufflers +1. Also as a random not make sure you replace your Apate Ring for Flamma Ring so you actually receive the set bonus from using Flamma Zucchetto +2.
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 224 225 226