The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 227 228 229 ... 230 231 232
 Valefor.Aspens
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2024-08-27 08:54:08
Link | Citer | R

I think it's not worth it to /nin at this point.

The DW will increase your attack speed but lowers your tp per hit

They may shake out to be close on paper but once you start realizing off hand caps at a lower hit rate and accounting for the fact a non ilvl weapon probably won't cap in stuff like sheol C or basement sortie it will actually gain TP much slower

Not to mention wsd bonus and jumps from /drg

/drg slaps and if you are lucky to have haste samba from /dnc or dnc main it really cruises.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-27 11:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
AF+3 legs/feet see much use these days? gearing a war and deciding if worth it or something to skip.

I still use mine in my standard sets. Would recommend making them.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
Serveur: Phoenix
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-08-27 12:14:16
Link | Citer | R

I know there’s many ways, but personally I don’t like those, sakpata both, way higher defense (+50), -15 DT and more goodies if RP, can easily cap DA without AF anyway. But like I said, there’s many ways and play style.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-08-27 13:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bronzequadav said: »
AF+3 legs/feet see much use these days? gearing a war and deciding if worth it or something to skip.

I still use the AF feet in my normal content engaged set. I personally prefer the relic legs because of the DA damage boost.

my engaged set for content that matters I have nyami feet at 25.
Was just going over my sets last night with a friend, both my normal set and DT hybrid set have 100% DA, with the first only having 39 pdt, capped mdt and the later having 50/50(no point is posting anything 50+
By Kaffy 2024-08-30 00:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Anyone ever try tanking like this with any success? Suggestions for rest of slots appreciated. I'm guessing can't go wrong with Sakpata probably, maybe over those legs. Can tell I don't have RP on Sakpata yet, upgrade those feet when possible.

ItemSet 396694
By Dodik 2024-08-30 15:59:35
Link | Citer | R

What does War even need to properly tank, by that I mean have an actual tanking set for.

War should not be tanking anything that can hurt them in full Sakpata R0 and dd gear in the first place. Which is like.. two things total, not including master trials.
By Kaffy 2024-08-30 17:41:12
Link | Citer | R

I couldn't say, I haven't played a proper tank in a long time. I guess before worrying about gear I should ask if that amount of block rate+ will amount to anything near the rate of a pld main.

Plus I've fallen in love with the job and just like seeing what it is capable of. Hell, the bst thread had a bst/mnk making a chakra set, so why not? :)
[+]
 Asura.Hya
Serveur: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2024-08-30 17:55:40
Link | Citer | R

Warrior isn't blocking anything relevant with that C+ shield skill, regardless of how much bad gear you shoehorn in to make it sound reasonable. If you really want to pretend to be a tank, wear Sakpata, sub PLD, and ride Sentinel for the 30 seconds it takes anything Warrior is tanking to die. If the job can hold things like V25 Mboze, V25 Kalunga adds, Warder of Courage etc. in regular DD hybrid gear with support, does it really need this much specialization?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-30 17:56:32
Link | Citer | R

I dont know how well that would work, but I'd ditch the axe and go for Naeg. You'll be relying on DPS to maintain enmity, and axe WS's are doodoo. The "chance of successful block +3" from using that Axe doesnt outweigh killing the target much faster.

Honestly, SE needs to change Deci or Ruinator to dmg mod or crit based. Decimation is so *** bad that SE slapped a +120% damage bonus to the ambu weapon.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-08-30 18:01:42
Link | Citer | R

Kaffy said: »
I guess before worrying about gear I should ask if that amount of block rate+ will amount to anything near the rate of a pld main.

No, not even remotely close. Throwing shield skill out the window for a moment, the base block rate of Duban/Ochain are well over double, nearly triple the block rate of Adapa Shield, and they block 50% more damage when they do block.

You will block very infrequently and when you do block, it will be for a paltry amount compare to a Paladin wearing an ultimate shield. Reprisal and Palisade are too high level to use from subjob.

WAR can tank some stuff as others have commented, basically things that don't need a tank, but they will never be able to shield block even remotely like a PLD unless they get put on an ultimate shield.
By Nariont 2024-08-30 18:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Would only use the shield, and aug'd sakpata feet with the shield block, if you really need to bunker down the relic gloves are alright too, and if you want to go the extra mile you can put block on a jse cape, rest arent high enough to really warrant the slot.
By Kaffy 2024-08-30 18:17:38
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the insight, what sparked the thought was a video I remember of a war solo cleaving ML with Adapa Shield, but I can't find it any more.
 Sylph.Drlove
By Sylph.Drlove 2024-08-31 07:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Looking for some help with my Warrior. I've found other people to play with and do some more things with and not relying on trust buffs, it's nice to finally be able to have fun with GA. Mainly looking do Dynamis W3/Omen/Ody segs(finally getting around to RP). Sortie is still just low man A/C/sometimes E boss low manned.
This is what Im currently using

ItemSet 396708

Sakpata ranks are Head-15, Hands-20, everything else is around 5.
Cape is 5% DT and 10% DA

What I keep bouncing around to my self is, should I aim for 100% DA and go with Sakpata head for the extra DA dmg augment? If so should I get the 100% DA rate or try to get it to like just 85%.

Should I swap over to a 10 PDT and 10 STP cape?

Should I use Vim +1 over JSE neck?
By Taint 2024-08-31 07:54:24
Link | Citer | R

For all but v20+ Odyssey and a few mobs that give debuffs that are avoidable you can use this:

ItemSet 375732

Ephramad's ring is also a great DPS pick up for WAR. (wish it had VIT) PDL works on all hits for WSs like Upheaval and you'll want it for Savage blade.
[+]
By K123 2024-08-31 10:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Is there really any point in using it in Ody though? It isn't as reliable as SB due to the 95% vs 99% accuracy on first hit of WS alone.
By Taint 2024-08-31 10:11:44
Link | Citer | R

K123 said: »
Is there really any point in using it in Ody though? It isn't as reliable as SB due to the 95% vs 99% accuracy on first hit of WS alone.

Nope Sword and Club for Segments.
By Atrox78 2024-08-31 11:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Drlove said: »
Looking for some help with my Warrior. I've found other people to play with and do some more things with and not relying on trust buffs, it's nice to finally be able to have fun with GA. Mainly looking do Dynamis W3/Omen/Ody segs(finally getting around to RP). Sortie is still just low man A/C/sometimes E boss low manned.
This is what Im currently using

ItemSet 396708

Sakpata ranks are Head-15, Hands-20, everything else is around 5.
Cape is 5% DT and 10% DA

What I keep bouncing around to my self is, should I aim for 100% DA and go with Sakpata head for the extra DA dmg augment? If so should I get the 100% DA rate or try to get it to like just 85%.

Should I swap over to a 10 PDT and 10 STP cape?

Should I use Vim +1 over JSE neck?

I personally hate savage blade spam with a passion and avoid it like the plaque, using Helheim and Chango instead.100 DA imo is the best tp set for any 2 handing on war. Only exception might be empy crit builds but I don't have that GA so I'm not sure. There are also times where you might want more meva and want to swap in sakpatas 5/5 like oddy NMs but most of the time it's not a problem.

Also, i'd personally never use vim torque over JSE. With the stp you already have on that set and sams roll, you should be good.

It's worth noting that for wave 3, you may want to use the try hard nub sword of bleh and go /drg for jumps, especially if you don't have a source of phalanx in your party. It's really easy to pull hate off the tank on war.
By Kaffy 2024-08-31 22:32:35
Link | Citer | R

NQ Karieyh probably not worth losing 6% move speed and some ilvl stats is it? Will be a while until I get around to +1. Lehko's is my current TVR ring. Oh I will have bolter's from alt available.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-08-31 22:48:28
Link | Citer | R

Never was impressed with NQ Karieyh, especially at this stage in the game with Epaminondas's/Sroda/Ephramad's competing. Outside of the idle Regain+5 stat, it's basically a glorified Regal Ring. It's your choice anyways, as only you can decide what is "worth it" for yourself, because you know how you play your jobs better than anyone :).

The best decision I made was Shneddick Ring (+1, but it's totally fine as NQ), as I can stick the same piece across every job and never have to carry multiple movement speed items ever again, while occupying an inferior slot.
By Kaffy 2024-08-31 22:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I wasn't very clear, was comparing Shneddick to Hermes' Sandals and being indecisive. Figures I would latch onto one of the only other jobs without an alternate 18% option.
By CrAZYVIC 2024-09-05 14:02:41
Link | Citer | R

Which REMA should I R15 first?

I currently have Chango, Ukonvasara, and Bravura.

The last time I read about this topic was in this 2019 discussion, pre-Odyssey gear and without Master Levels. Have things changed since then?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53608/chango-vs-ukonvasara/

The events I regularly participate in are Odyssey-C once a week and Dynamis Divergence twice a week.

These are the buffs I usually get: Honor March, Victory March, Valor Minuet V, Samurai Roll, and Chaos Roll.

Dynamis Divergence:

In Wave 1 and Wave 2 farming: I use Chango, spamming Upheaval at 1250 TP. With the current power creep, everything dies pretty fast, sometimes without even having time to react.

In Wave 3: I use Bravura and Lycurgos, but I’m thinking about switching to Labraunda (Path A). Do you think it would be a decent upgrade compared to the other two weapons?

For the Wave 2 Bosses: I use Ukon and prefer to hold TP until 1750-2750 before using Upheaval, depending on whether War Cry and Savagery are on or off. The reason I do this is to avoid stealing hate from the tanks and allow them to regain hate if I pull it.

Odyssey-C:

There isn’t much to say here; I mainly use Chango, Shining One, Loxotic Mace +1, and Naegling.
If I had to break it down by percentage, I find myself using Chango in about 75% of the content I do. If things haven’t changed much since 2019, or they’re still similar, maybe Chango is the weapon I should R15 first? Thanks in advance for the advice.
By Taint 2024-09-05 14:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Chango > Ukon. Bravura is a waste of gil.
[+]
By K123 2024-09-06 05:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Chango is weak and unreliable for 1 shotting mobs compared to angling in sheol c. Props to you if you have a group of people that let you play how you want for your $12.99, but it makes no sense to gimp your runs.
By Seun 2024-09-06 06:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Chango is weak and unreliable for 1 shotting mobs compared to angling in sheol c.

I thought they meant that they use Chango for the rest of the content they didn't mention. If that is the case, augmenting Chango first is ideal since they're using it a lot.
 Bahamut.Nolatari
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Nolatari 2024-09-06 09:15:23
Link | Citer | R

Chango is weak and unreliable for 1 shotting mobs compared to angling in sheol c. Props to you if you have a group of people that let you play how you want for your $12.99, but it makes no sense to gimp your runs.

I don’t see him asking about if he should use Naegling, which is what I assumed you meant to spell.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-09-06 11:30:42
Link | Citer | R

You'll need to consider when and where the bulk of your damage is coming from.

If you're in longer fights, Ukon will absolutely reign supreme for the Am white damage, that will still be quite potent for mobs with significantly less HP, and you will still likely 1 shot mobs using that since their HP will be must lower after the AM procs. Yes, it boosts Ukko, which does scale with str over vit, but G-axe Ws in general are fairly unimpressive.

Chango truly shines when needing to multi step skillchains. Fighting Kei for example since any other g axe will need to spam fell cleave to make anything higher than a 3 step.

I've been getting some good mileage out of Helheim (prime g-sword) has quite potent 3 step darkness, quite high base damage and the Am means every single hit will deal more damage, the WS is also comparable to savage blade in damage when fully buffed.
VIP
By Lili 2024-09-06 13:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
If you're in longer fights, Ukon will absolutely reign supreme for the Am white damage

[Citation needed]

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
Fighting Kei for example since any other g axe will need to spam fell cleave to make anything higher than a 3 step.

Full Break/Steel Cyclone -> Upheaval (Fusion) -> King's Justice/Ukko's Fury (Light) > Ukko's Fury (Double Light) works with any GAxe.
Can also do Raging Rush > Raging Rush/Sturmwind (Fragmentation) > Upheaval (Light) > Ukko's Fury (Double Light), but I prefer the former.

Chango is weak and unreliable for 1 shotting mobs compared to angling in sheol c.

Well, good thing Naegling can't be augmented then so they don't need to worry about augmenting it and can focus on augmenting one of the other gaxes!

Chango first, Ukon second, Bravura belongs to lockstyle (sadly). Our best TP sets all have 45 or more DT. I did try to make full Tatenashi work with Bravura's AM but it wasn't really worth it over just wearing Sakpata/Relic/AF.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-09-06 13:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Props to you if you have a group of people that let you play how you want for your $12.99, but it makes no sense to gimp your runs.

Man, it's 2024, people are quitting left and right because the game is the same old monotony and grind. Let people have their fun and use whatever weapon they want, it's not THAT much of a dps loss. Naegling is top Sheol C dps, but sometimes I just want to look and feel like a WAR, and swinging my big *** axe and seeing 13k damage melee procs with Ukon is ultra fun. Whipping that Chango around in a 360 degree motion is super duper fly, and I don't even care what the dps is anymore. It looks cool, I'm winning :)
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-09-06 13:57:11
Link | Citer | R

The guy who spends eternity singing 5 dummy songs worried about gimping runs.
First Page 2 3 ... 227 228 229 ... 230 231 232