The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 224 225 226
By Aricomfy 2021-01-31 15:25:09
Link | Citer | R

Just 30% to beat it? I think it'll easily beat it as long as the modifiers for Fast Blade II aren't something dumb like 60% MND. Now we just have to find the single soul on planet earth that picked the Onion Sword III and find out what it can really do.

Another thing that popped up in my dome was the idea of using Onion Sword III with an Adapa Shield. Is a Hybrid high block rate tank build even worth it? Adapa Shield was discovered to actually give you a real invisible full-time Reprisal effect (I think it was at least...) and because of that shield update a while back, Reprisal boosts block rate by quite a lot now. Just wanted to see if it was worth utilizing that Block Rate + stat on the Onion Sword III for clutch moments.
By Spaitin 2021-02-01 13:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Aricomfy said: »
Is a Hybrid high block rate tank build even worth it?
Not really. The way block rate works kinda ruins a large benefit. Anything that it would be useful for is too high of a level to get any block rate.
 Bahamut.Omegus
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2021-02-06 16:55:36
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
Edit** anyone got a good name for a new war guide?
The Art of War
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-06 17:28:24
Link | Citer | R

Aricomfy said: »
Another thing that popped up in my dome was the idea of using Onion Sword III with an Adapa Shield. Is a Hybrid high block rate tank build even worth it? Adapa Shield was discovered to actually give you a real invisible full-time Reprisal effect (I think it was at least...) and because of that shield update a while back, Reprisal boosts block rate by quite a lot now. Just wanted to see if it was worth utilizing that Block Rate + stat on the Onion Sword III for clutch moments.

I don't see the point to even try making builds/sets for a weapon that might be hidden behind Bonanza forever. You can say it's highly unlikely, but chance is 50/50 really and even if they really give us those weapons, it might be in 2022 after job adjustments and maybe even with empy +3 on horizon, so build/set will be completely different probably and have completely different competition.
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-06 18:39:33
Link | Citer | R

JP wiki has data on Fast Blade II: http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/38159.html

80% DEX
fTP values at 1k - 2k - 3k: 1.80 - 3.5 - 5.00
Two hits
Skillchain Property: Fusion
Important: Carries fTP to all hits

It's pretty beastly. The sword is not as good as Naegling (tho it's pretty good), and you're going to miss the special effect on lots of jobs, but in the right situation Fast Blade II is going to be beastly. On a DW build it's already as powerful as Savage Blade without any multiattack proc (three base hits), if DA procs even just once then it's already much more powerful. On a Fencer build there would be ways to make it shine for sure, especially with all the multiattack options we can get. But ultimately, don't count on getting it in your lifetime anyway.

By the way, Adapa Shield's Reprisal effect is not a passive permanent, it just has a chance to proc every now and then. Very fun when it does.

Bahamut.Omegus said: »
Edit** anyone got a good name for a new war guide?
The Art of War

God of Wars
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-02-10 00:09:22
Link | Citer | R

I think naegling just got replaced...
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 00:10:04
Link | Citer | R

I think everything I use in my hybrid set just got replaced :x
By Spaitin 2021-02-10 00:11:20
Link | Citer | R

Decimation might be the new wave
By Jorel85 2021-02-10 00:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Decimation might be the new wave
What makes you say that Spaitin?

Is it safe to assume all this new gear will come from Odyssey?
By Spaitin 2021-02-10 00:40:31
Link | Citer | R

War basically just got a malignance set... that is nuts.
By Spaitin 2021-02-10 00:47:23
Link | Citer | R

Jorel85 said: »
Is it safe to assume all this new gear will come from Odyssey?
Yes. New odyssey gear looks bonkers. Depending on augments. War might have a better set than malignance. Completely new multihit set.
By Jorel85 2021-02-10 01:24:22
Link | Citer | R

So I understand that physical dmg limit is increasing the potential cap to the pDIF. But wouldn't this new set be more ideal for Chango users and upheaval spam? Why decimation instead of say Calamity or Mistral Axe?
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 09:07:31
Link | Citer | R

New Ukonvasara/Farsha AM3 white damage set. 100%DA without fighter's roll. Empy armor slots are Sakpata's pieces and empty earring is Schere.

ItemSet 378034

Swaps for Fighter's roll would be probably Crit on cape, Hetairoi Ring and Sailfi belt +1.

Amazing set for shitty Oddysey LAG :) Just put AM3 and Blood Rage up and AFK XD
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-10 12:44:38
Link | Citer | R

From the other thread:

Quote:
Helm: (yowza) attack 15, DA dmg +8%
Body: attack 15, occasionally resistance to status ailments +8 (what)
hands: atatck 15, STP +4
Legs attack 15, skillchain dmg 8%
Feet: attack 15, sublte blow 8

Nothing gamechanging compared to the base stats, but the attack certainly helps with the white damage, and the DA damage is also very welcome.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-02-10 12:58:02
Link | Citer | R

My fav piece is the hands, finally a nice replacement for ambuscade hands in hybrid.
 Asura.Friedrik
Serveur: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-10 13:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Jorel85 said: »
So I understand that physical dmg limit is increasing the potential cap to the pDIF. But wouldn't this new set be more ideal for Chango users and upheaval spam? Why decimation instead of say Calamity or Mistral Axe?
Dolichenus
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 13:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
My fav piece is the hands, finally a nice replacement for ambuscade hands in hybrid.

This whole set is replacement for whole hybrid set lol. It poo even on Malignance as hybrid set.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-10 13:18:06
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

This whole set is replacement for whole hybrid set lol. It poo even on Malignance as hybrid set.
^that

I'm going to tp in every single piece, and I can't wait to see the math people put out for ws stuff with it equipped with all the damage limit+ stuff

I am big fan of living over dying in a fight, so glass cannon stuff (which I already never used and only wore hybrid) for me is beyond dead now that a set this solid all around and easy to get has been released
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-10 13:18:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm basically digging my war out of storage because of this set
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-10 13:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

^that

I'm going to tp in every single piece, and I can't wait to see the math people put out for ws stuff with it equipped with all the damage limit+ stuff

I am big fan of living over dying in a fight, so glass cannon stuff (which I already never used and only wore hybrid) for me is beyond dead now that a set this solid all around and easy to get has been released

The set I posted already for white dps AM3 Ukon, DPS wise its better than previous set and previous set was totally glass cannon, but this one is a tank with anti nuclear shields >.>
By Spaitin 2021-02-10 18:55:36
Link | Citer | R

This update is nuts. Warrior actually got a massive boost in ideal buffs. The sakpata set has the same MEVA and higher MDB than malignace. And it is actually crazy good for WS unlike malignance.
ItemSet 378041 All missing slots are sakpata with or without augments. It is actually WAY better than malignance. Has a good amount of attack. Can actually get a 3 hit build with 100 DA on montante and chango.

Probably go 5/5 on all ftp transferring WS. Reso might struggle. Stardiver probably beats out impulse by a good chunk now. Might even generally be better than reso.Decimation, RR, RF, Hexa... lol. Ukko's might be decent with 5/5 sakpata.

King's Justice and Upheaval should probably use the legs and hands. We get ANOTHER GS better than rag lol. New GA is okay.

I never expected anything even remotely close to this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-10 19:04:11
Link | Citer | R

R20 Coiste Bodhar fit anywhere in there? I would imagine that would be a lot more versatile to use than aurg orb.
By Spaitin 2021-02-10 19:09:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
R20 Coiste Bodhar fit anywhere in there? I would imagine that would be a lot more versatile to use than aurg orb.
I use it for the normal non fighters sets. But with the new stuff. So far I see aurg being better since you need more STP. It would be a good swap for orb. But I have orb winning with that set.
By Spaitin 2021-02-11 17:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Lol this recent update is making me have to rewrite a lot of stuff on the new guide
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-11 17:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Do you have upheaval set math'd out yet with new gear? It's a crappy ws to begin with, so I figure the damage limit stuff must help at little over a bit of wsd+
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-02-11 17:59:39
Link | Citer | R

This update is nuts. Warrior actually got a massive boost in ideal buffs. The sakpata set has the same MEVA and higher MDB than malignace. And it is actually crazy good for WS unlike malignance.
ItemSet 378041 All missing slots are sakpata with or without augments. It is actually WAY better than malignance. Has a good amount of attack. Can actually get a 3 hit build with 100 DA on montante and chango.

Probably go 5/5 on all ftp transferring WS. Reso might struggle. Stardiver probably beats out impulse by a good chunk now. Might even generally be better than reso.Decimation, RR, RF, Hexa... lol. Ukko's might be decent with 5/5 sakpata.

King's Justice and Upheaval should probably use the legs and hands. We get ANOTHER GS better than rag lol. New GA is okay.

I never expected anything even remotely close to this.

The whole set give 40 DT right ? This isnt better to keep Moonlight x2 to reach 50 DT full time ?
Edit : Moonlight x1 if DT 5 on cape
By Spaitin 2021-02-11 17:59:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Do you have upheaval set math'd out yet with new gear? It's a crappy ws to begin with, so I figure the damage limit stuff must help at little over a bit of wsd+

Yeah, hands and legs at satpaka.
Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
The whole set give 40 DT right ? This isnt better to keep Moonlight x2 to reach 50 DT full time ?
use the cape to get 10PDT and shell to cap off MDT. With auspice you are also capping SBI. Which is kinda nice lol.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-11 18:00:53
Link | Citer | R

16 haste. Tempus really needed or is sailf To hit 25 right on the nose good enough
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-02-11 18:01:11
Link | Citer | R

All right i can sell my two rings !
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 224 225 226