Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 224 225 226
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-25 11:19:52
Link | Citer | R

We talking Bis? or affordable or what. Should probably have warrior's bead necklace +2 if we're talking BiS. New TP ammo, Aurgelmir orb.

Hjarrandi breastplate for Ukko's Fury now.

Upheaval set is fine if you don't have Chango, if you do, odyssean gauntlets with WSD/VIT/acc, and either odyssean cuisses or valorous hose with the same. ishvara earring or lugra earring +1 for the ear until Thrud earring

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Ehpik 2020-02-25 12:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
We talking Bis? or affordable or what. Should probably have warrior's bead necklace +2 if we're talking BiS. New TP ammo, Aurgelmir orb.

Upheaval set is fine if you don't have uChango, if you do, odyssean gauntlets with WSD/VIT/acc, and either odyssean cuisses or valorous hose with the same. ishvara earring or lugra earring +1 for the ear until Thrud earring

Sorry, should of clarified, always so many variables. I believe those are the best I have atm. I know there’s a lot of dynamics with necks/belts/backs and I couldn’t remember them all for each WS and couldn’t remember where I saw the clarification on here.

I have Ukon, working on Chango. Beads, Orb and Hjarr are on my wish list. Beads is my next big purchase. I have Thrud, it just wouldn’t load in the menu.

DirectX said: »
You need VIT/WSD for Upheaval if you want to be OCD.

You mean like a VIT/WSD cape or just in general?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-25 14:03:13
Link | Citer | R

Ehpik said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Upheaval set is fine if you don't have uChango, if you do, odyssean gauntlets with WSD/VIT/acc, and either odyssean cuisses or valorous hose with the same. ishvara earring or lugra earring +1 for the ear until Thrud earring

Sorry, should of clarified, always so many variables. I believe those are the best I have atm. I know there’s a lot of dynamics with necks/belts/backs and I couldn’t remember them all for each WS and couldn’t remember where I saw the clarification on here.

I have Ukon, working on Chango. Beads, Orb and Hjarr are on my wish list. Beads is my next big purchase. I have Thrud, it just wouldn’t load in the menu.

DirectX said: »
You need VIT/WSD for Upheaval if you want to be OCD.

You mean like a VIT/WSD cape or just in general?

He means that Upheaval requires the use of two sets. Below 2000 effective TP, it's better to focus on multi-attack (DA/TA/QA) because it is a 4 hit weaponskill. The damage of the first hit scales really well as you gain TP, so at about 2000 TP, its better to drop the multi-attack in favor of WSD. Hence the comment of OCD, you're set is fine, unless you want to optimize damage.

If you have a chango, you can ignore the multi-attack set.
 Odin.Willster
Serveur: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2020-02-25 14:10:28
Link | Citer | R

Probably a stupid question, but when people say 2k tp is that literally 2k or do you consider tp equip like moonshade and chango
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-02-25 14:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Willster said: »
Probably a stupid question, but when people say 2k tp is that literally 2k or do you consider tp equip like moonshade and chango

I said 2k effective TP.

That means with TP Bonus from gear / warcry / savagery.
By Ehpik 2020-02-25 17:50:20
Link | Citer | R

For Ukko, aside from Hjarr and Orb, any major pieces or dynamics I’m missing? Iirc, Ukko was Str/multi/crit priority order?

I assume Beads goes into Tp and Upheavel, Fotia still for Ukko.

Would Orb also be BiS across the board? Or just for Tp and Ukko, keeping Knob for Upheavel for the WSD?
By Ehpik 2020-02-26 21:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Also, is there a set for Full Break for the 4step with Chango or does it even matter?
By Crossbones 2020-02-27 01:18:07
Link | Citer | R

For full break you can just use the full flamma set for high macc to land the enfeeble effects and high acc. It's not really used for damage so that's the way to go.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-27 03:11:25
Link | Citer | R

I have Thrud, it just wouldn’t load in the menu.

If you type full name of the item and add it, it will show in set even if it wont show during typing.
By Ehpik 2020-02-27 06:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Crossbones said: »
For full break you can just use the full flamma set for high macc to land the enfeeble effects and high acc. It's not really used for damage so that's the way to go.

SimonSes said: »
I have Thrud, it just wouldn’t load in the menu.

If you type full name of the item and add it, it will show in set even if it wont show during typing.

Learning stuff everyday, thanks.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-28 09:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity why does no one mention Ambuscade Bow as BiS? 5-10STR 5-10 DX and 35-40MACC vs 5VIT 4STP.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-28 10:01:46
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
Out of curiosity why does no one mention Ambuscade Bow as BiS? 5-10STR 5-10 DX and 35-40MACC vs 5VIT 4STP.

In regards to a particular set? In general we dont use Bow on war because changing ranged weapon loses TP; where changing ammo does not...
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-28 10:07:24
Link | Citer | R

I can’t speak for others but I don’t this option because it locks the Ammo slot out. Swapping from Ranged Weapon to Throwing Weapon resets your TP and Knobkierri/DT Ammo are really really good
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-28 10:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

In regards to a particular set? In general we dont use Bow on war because changing ranged weapon loses TP; where changing ammo does not...

No I understand that it’s just that I legitimately (with the exception of possibly STP) don’t see any other range:ammo beating the HQ bow being a full time piece for TP/WS, say for a Bravura user. Easy enough to cap DT, I guess certain sets might be impacted (magic evasion/magic def) I am probably forgetting some sets.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-28 10:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Never mind I had not seen Knobkierrie
By Spaitin 2020-02-28 16:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Bow is pretty good for Resolution spam. but the new ammo piece is better.
 Asura.Crowned
Serveur: Asura
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-02-29 17:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Is there any info out there on the decay of Brazen Rush? Like does the decay stop at a certain number or does it just drop straight to 0% DA?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-29 17:18:50
Link | Citer | R

Never mind I had not seen Knobkierrie

Also Aurgelmir Orb (HQ) is a great piece.

I tend to swap around ammo also because of Tomahawk (ability).
By Ehpik 2020-02-29 20:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Does Orb+1 overtake anything other than Ginsen for Tp?
By Spaitin 2020-03-01 01:54:01
Link | Citer | R

Orb is the best item for TP gain currently. Peapea and ginsen take a back seat to the HQ/NQ orb.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-03-05 22:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Wonder what augments we can get on montante +1 next month. Might take back the top spot on DPS for war again. It isnt very far behind chango as it is.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-03-05 22:54:37
Link | Citer | R

It's really hard to beat Chango even without R15, the utility WS's and SC compatibility are outstanding. If it's a very fast fight using SP's then Reso is nice, and for super fast fights that don't use SP's Shining One coupled with Warcry or Blood Rage is just godly.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-03-06 06:42:10
Link | Citer | R

What do you guys think of DRG as a potential sub now with the 7% wsd bonus trait? You think it could be more than a situational sub?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-03-06 07:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
What do you guys think of DRG as a potential sub now with the 7% wsd bonus trait? You think it could be more than a situational sub?

68.75% Haste says hi.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-03-06 07:49:19
Link | Citer | R

It's tough giving up /SAM, but might be good for a fencer build if another person has haste Samba covered. IDK tbh, main perk is high jump.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-06 12:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Mehhh if I chose DRG Sub it’s explicitly for the 7% tWSD. The high jump is merely a nice bonus. It’s WAR after all; we’re perfectly fine holding hate and can Retaliate to capitalize from it too.

WAR is intrinsically tied to SAM because of Hasso working for getting haste Cap is probably the biggest drawback. DRK has LR, DRG has its Wyvern thing (would probably sub SAM anyway?) for JA Haste.

If doing Fencer though, definitely.
By Spaitin 2020-03-06 14:33:02
Link | Citer | R

It is super situational

Basically only used when you are going fencer, or if you have a real dnc in your party.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-03-09 19:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Looking at a few of the possible augments, we might get some new BiS gear for TP sets. Kinda exciting. Maybe i should be cautiously optimistic.

Salifi belt +1 will probably be best waist piece for all STR ws that dont transfer http://fTP. That tatenashi gear could become really interesting. Many of the accessories might become super strong.
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 224 225 226