Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 224 225 226
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 20:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Spaitin said: »
not a bad idea. poor monk tp gain. geeze Martial arts needs to go and get replaced by some other form of JA haste.

Its just the same as Dual wield and none cry about Dual Wield.
By Spaitin 2019-10-10 20:34:30
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
not a bad idea. poor monk tp gain. geeze Martial arts needs to go and get replaced by some other form of JA haste.

Its just the same as Dual wield and none cry about Dual Wield.
DW also needs to go and get replaced with some other form of JA haste. And there are actually a couple threads that complain about it lol.
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-10 22:47:00
Link | Citer | R

after seeing how martial arts works, i wish war got raging fists without having to go /mnk. since you need a dnc anyway that martial arts is mostly a negative effect.

Huh.... MA is still better then not having MA, it's just like Dual Wield in that it's multiplied by haste instead of being added to it. The TP gain formula favors lower delay over higher delay so while the reduction does reduce your TP gain, the reduction TP gain is much less then the increase in attack speed. The real problem begins when someone has more MA then they need because just like DW it will reduce TP related delay under the delay floor which is very bad. MNKs struggle with this issue.
By Spaitin 2019-10-15 00:22:23
Link | Citer | R

since you need a dnc anyway that martial arts is mostly a negative effect.

Asura.Saevel said: »
The real problem begins when someone has more MA then they need because just like DW it will reduce TP related delay under the delay floor which is very bad

having too much Martial Arts with near capped ja haste from a dnc was kind of the point.

I beleive after haste samba you need 2.1%ish haste to cap attack assuming 0 MA. being /mnk forces you to take 140 MA. can fix that a little going /pup which seems to be overall better. but if you could sub sam instead and still get raging fists, tp gain rate would be huge in a dnc and war set up. dnc would also get a massive advantage. but wrong thread for that.

Assuming min delay is 115 like Saevel said (which i agree with). going war/mnk and using the cor or bard to use haste samba gets you to 114.45 delay. so you dont have to have a dancer which is kinda nice. However, if you could go /sam and have a dnc for 10 haste, you get 117 delay but with a much higher amount of TP per hit. Using 2 mache earring +1 for 26 Martial arts. This is assuming i didnt make some silly excel spreadsheet error. bit tired.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-10-15 01:38:07
Link | Citer | R

Well you need the SJ for WS access, possibly PUP. I was kinda joking about the DNC because if I can guarantee 10% Haste Samba then I'm doing a fencer sword setup. Cors can eat their hearts out when I show them what a real SB setup looks like. H2H on WAR was something I did to troll MMKs for years. Never something I hyper min-maxed.
By Spaitin 2019-10-15 23:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Alright, so been playing around wit the new toy.

with these two sets for TP going /mnk
ItemSet 367269ItemSet 367125
You are getting 100 DA (fighters roll)and between 206 TP and 224 per hit. so between 847 and 919 per attack round (not including retals or ta, qa proccs). This is for mighty strikes so you get an extra 50 STP from the weapon during autoattacks. Also pretty good for just having blood rage.

You get 251 tp return in this set.

ItemSet 368983

You get completely floored delay as well. So on just DA proccs 1 WS + 1 attack round is between 1098 and 1176.

have someone who is /dnc do haste samba and you are basically perfectly capped on delay. Anything blunt weak during MS and warcry will take 99k basically guaranteed firing as fast as possible. I recommend fighters roll STRONGLY over chaos in this set because you only need a 3.7:1 ratio to cap attack. Coolest thing about it is you dont need to change anything. just use a reso build and fighters roll TP sets. if you dont have a fighters roll TP set, make one lol. It gets even nuttier if you factor in crooked cards. can get it up to 1237 in 1 attack round with it.

So with moonshade/warcry you are firing at 2048-2187 effective TP in 1 attack round after WS. With the karambit you are looking at around 110-135 STP in TP sets. 9 STP in WS set. then buffs

Short story is troll mnk is strong now.
I could be off on my calculations. always double check.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-15 23:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Be really interesting to see. Make sure theres video.
By Spaitin 2019-10-15 23:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ive never made a ffxi video ( or any other video from screen recording). Maybe i should start doing it.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-15 23:31:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ive never made a ffxi video ( or any other video from screen recording). Maybe i should start doing it.
[+]
 Asura.Mysticzero
user: Mysticboi
By Asura.Mysticzero 2019-10-18 19:23:46
Link | Citer | R

I was toying around with War/Mnk before the H2H weaponskill updates
and these were some of the builds i came up with. Not a huge fan of augment systems as you can probably tell with these sets. Feel free to pick them apart. Mainly just testing stuff out.

Fighters Roll Down
67 DA + 33 Trait/Merits
Cichol DA 10 Dex 20 Acc 30 Att 20 -10PDT
ItemSet 369163

Fighters Roll UP
DA 47(8 more then needed~ More so to cover a lower roll or non Regal)
Crit Rate +24% + 8%(Traits) 32%
ItemSet 369164

Maintaining Capped DA (Fighters Roll Up)
35% DT 15% PDT + Shell = 50% Covered.
13%+8% 21% Crit Hit Rate.
ItemSet 369165

DA Capped Via Fighters Roll
Subtle Blow 37% Gear 15%(Trait) 52%
Although caps 50%
+37 STP
ItemSet 369166
By Gasho 2019-11-04 12:50:54
Link | Citer | R

R15 Chango vs R15 Conqueror

which weapon win,

in like short and long fights,

thanks
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-04 13:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Chango. No debating.

I'm pretty sure Chango is the strongest WAR weapon there is, especially with R15. Might need more confirmation, but I'm confident It is.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2019-11-04 13:19:05
Link | Citer | R

its rly rly good
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-11-04 13:27:44
Link | Citer | R

Conqueror is better for fights over three hours.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-11-05 14:24:32
Link | Citer | R

r15 conq is about the same as montante and does essentially the same thing.

in pure WS damage R15 chango wins

with WS dmg AND sc damage chango is MASSIVELY ahead.

Conq does get that nice extra attack on berserk. Wish they would swap the WS on ukon and conq.
By Spaitin 2019-11-12 23:42:16
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have any war crit hit rate sets they want to share?

ammo="Yetshila +1",
head={ name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Attack+7','Crit.hit rate+5','STR+5','Accuracy+8',}},
body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
hands="Flam. Manopolas +2",
legs={ name="Valor. Hose", augments={'Crit.hit rate+5','MND+5','Accuracy+14',}},
feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Attack+1','Crit.hit rate+5','STR+9','Accuracy+3',}},
neck="War. Beads +2",
waist="Tempus Fugit",
left_ear="Mache Earring +1",
right_ear="Mache Earring +1",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Flamma Ring",
back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Crit.hit rate+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
This is the one i came up with for this months ambu. i use a mercurial sword and it works like a charm.

51% crit hit rate in gear . 23% passively. with rogues roll you are looking at a very high crit hit rate to take off aura.Boost dex and entrust dex i think might bring you to 100% crit hit rate.
By BlaTheTaru 2019-11-21 19:35:35
Link | Citer | R

How should I be gearing for fell cleave? Is it wsd, str, and tp for radius?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Atigev
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigev 2019-11-25 08:22:34
Link | Citer | R

Gasho said: »
R15 Chango vs R15 Conqueror

which weapon win,

in like short and long fights,

thanks

Chango is going to be overall better. With that said, Conq is far from bad with the bonus to berserk (including the extra crit rate which is a nice little throw in bonus)and the pure speed you get TP it is competitive and for me its my go to and then usually for big fights I switch to Chango.
By Spaitin 2019-11-25 10:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Gippo said: »
Hi all.

Ukon tp set -
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/369847

Ukon ws set -
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/369848

valor legs and feet have wsd+

I think i want Cessance for tp and Telos for ws, but where can I improve?

The TP set seems like a decent generic TP set. It doesnt really seem like you are trying to take advantage of AMIII on ukon. IF you arnt doing that I would switch the weapon.

As far as WS. what WS are you doing?

Somehwere a dozen or so pages back they have a few ukon white damage sets posted. Ukon white DPS is decent, however, i find it inflexible. The set is squisy and if you are forced to go DT your damage plummets. With other weapons it isnt a very large drop in dps to go hybrid anymore. THe cool part being the new hybrid set is a full DT set as well.
 Asura.Aravlis
user: Sil
By Asura.Aravlis 2019-11-27 09:19:07
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure it's somewhere in here but I can't find it...

For Chango Upheaval augments on Odyssean Hands/Legs:
Fern Stone VIT+10 WSD+5
or
Taupe Stone VIT+15 WSD+4

I've already got Hands VIT+10 WSD+5 with ACC/ATK+5 before realizing that maybe the 5VIT is better than 1WSD?
By BlaTheTaru 2019-12-02 14:46:13
Link | Citer | R

So I 5 boxed Kei last night on Warrior and what a wild ride that was. Took me a while but I downed him making 3 step lights or 4 step radiances depending on if he had wind spikes up or not.

My biggest hindrance of the fight was Malign Invocation causing me amnesia. Aside from entrusting vex or attunement and keeping up bar amnesia the entire fight, what sort of magic evasion set could I use on war? Ive got a great hybrid set I full time while tanking these guys, but that amnesia can last up to 7 seconds and that's quite a long time trying to close skillchains.

Also, I'm doing to attempt OU without much support at some point. If I push him to his next stage after he uses Kins move does he lose access to eleventh dimension?
By Nariont 2019-12-02 15:31:36
Link | Citer | R

Meva for war is sadly relegated to the volte haubert set from windy, sides that i think theres alexander htb body but thats all
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2019-12-02 17:46:18
Link | Citer | R

BlaTheTaru said: »
what sort of magic evasion set could I use on war?

ItemSet 369932

This is my meva set on war. I actually do not own volte haubert otherwise, that would be in my set. You could go overboard and add meva pieces in the accessory slots but its unnecessary imo, and too big of a dps loss.

Also, I'm doing to attempt OU without much support at some point. If I push him to his next stage after he uses Kins move does he lose access to eleventh dimension?

Iirc, he automatically does Eleventh Dimension if you push him down to 15% too quickly after Target. He will follow that with Gardez as Ou doesn't skip any tp moves, he will just do them back to back.
By Mosquiton 2019-12-05 11:02:59
Link | Citer | R

How accurate/current are the sets on the main page?
Also.. looking through the forum I have not seen any recent savage blade sets since March, anybody have a recent set?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2019-12-13 22:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Between Sulevia feet +2 and Flamma +2, what would be better for Upheaval? I'm also using flamma ring with the boots since I use the head currently. I don't have access to amazing valor augs or relic+3/af+3 yet because I just came back.
By Crossbones 2019-12-17 15:33:54
Link | Citer | R

If you use barfira that also helps a lot with amnesia since it is fire based. To deal with wind spikes you need to over cap haste, so three marches or two march and indi haste works.

You're gonna want sulevia for the wsd. Upheaval doesn't transfer stp so multi attack is not weighted as high, you can tell by looking at when you miss your first hit of the ws and end up doing only a few thousand damage.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-12-17 15:39:03
Link | Citer | R

So I 5 boxed Kei last night on Warrior and what a wild ride that was. Took me a while but I downed him making 3 step lights or 4 step radiances depending on if he had wind spikes up or not.

My biggest hindrance of the fight was Malign Invocation causing me amnesia. Aside from entrusting vex or attunement and keeping up bar amnesia the entire fight, what sort of magic evasion set could I use on war? Ive got a great hybrid set I full time while tanking these guys, but that amnesia can last up to 7 seconds and that's quite a long time trying to close skillchains.

Wait how did you do it exactly? Just spam SC damage to break it’s shielding? Or one of the mules was a GEO and you steadily imputed /send nukes?
By SimonSes 2019-12-17 16:08:05
Link | Citer | R

When I 4 boxed kei on mnk brd cor whm I used /sch on brd to nuke opposite element. That being said MNK can easily break through his regen, It would just take longer. Mix of Malignance and Kendatsuba makes this fight a joke to tank and I never got hit with amnesia. War has really only one set for meva tp set and this set is realy good, but very hard to get because its Volte set from Windurst, so its behind double door made of randomness and 60h entry cooldown.
By Aerison 2019-12-18 15:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Wait how did you do it exactly? Just spam SC damage to break it’s shielding? Or one of the mules was a GEO and you steadily imputed /send nukes?

When I was farming for Shamsh robe I 6 boxed SAM/GEO/GEO/BRD/COR/WHM and 4-stepped it down on SAM. One GEO was strictly vex/attunement and SAM full timed mag evasion set. Amnesia rarely landed. React took care of fullers, easiest fight.
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 224 225 226