(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 206 207 208
 Asura.Kese
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2013-11-18 13:49:13
Link | Citer | R

i rarely use entropy btw, usually save it for souleater etc
By charlo999 2013-11-18 14:08:40
Link | Citer | R

Zeid is the bad *** drk that teaches you dark knight. He uses a great sword. That is all.
Fk scythe.
 Asura.Fiv
Serveur: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2013-11-18 14:24:13
Link | Citer | R

charlo999 said: »
Zeid is the bad *** drk that teaches you dark knight. He uses a great sword. That is all.
Fk scythe.
The original user or whatever of ragnarok actually uses a sword/shield in campaign battles, hope you got requiescat merits.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-18 16:36:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kese said: »
i rarely use entropy btw, usually save it for souleater etc
Ah, fair enough. Keeping that in mind.

Asura.Fiv said: »
Fk scythe.
The original user or whatever of ragnarok actually uses a sword/shield in campaign battles, hope you got requiescat merits.
lulz, thankfully i'm a BLU and RDM on the side!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-18 16:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Hmm, alright, the only problem I'm having with the spreadsheet right now is the Mythic AM3 effect. Whenever I set it to 1, it just goes "#NAME?" all over the place. What's the fix for this?
By minikomby 2013-11-19 20:55:19
Link | Citer | R

Quetzacoatl said: »
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-09 12:28:01
Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply  | Report | Score: 0 +

Scruffyballs said: »
DRK - Liberator 5hit

Looking at rolling with this. Don't have the helm yet and haven't read anything about the DMG boost. If it sucks I'll probably use the double attack +3 helm.
I like that set. Nearly borders into 4-hit territory (gets you 20 TP/hit with Pak+1), with an emphasis on double attack.

I'll put it up!

if this set put on almost 4 hit territory and you dont have pak+1 what about rep stone for Anger Bomblet?
bad/good/thoughts?
By minikomby 2013-11-19 20:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Sorry kinda new using forums forgot to post the link for sets http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/293557
By Tgun 2013-11-20 02:29:03
Link | Citer | R

Just upgraded my Ragnarok to lvl19 and was wondering what a new gear sets would look like with the new gear avail.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-20 11:51:17
Link | Citer | R

minikomby said: »
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-09 12:28:01
Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply  | Report | Score: 0 +

Scruffyballs said: »
DRK - Liberator 5hit

Looking at rolling with this. Don't have the helm yet and haven't read anything about the DMG boost. If it sucks I'll probably use the double attack +3 helm.
I like that set. Nearly borders into 4-hit territory (gets you 20 TP/hit with Pak+1), with an emphasis on double attack.

I'll put it up!

if this set put on almost 4 hit territory and you dont have pak+1 what about rep stone for Anger Bomblet?
bad/good/thoughts?
minikomby said: »
Sorry kinda new using forums forgot to post the link for sets http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/293557
I'd go with the Otomi helm instead of the Quiahuiz Helm, since Quiahuiz acts exactly like the Ravager's+2 Set Augment. Keep the Stone.

Tgun said: »
Just upgraded my Ragnarok to lvl19 and was wondering what a new gear sets would look like with the new gear avail.
No worries, I'll get some up as soon as possible!
By Tgun 2013-11-20 17:25:01
Link | Citer | R

No worries, I'll get some up as soon as possible![/quote]

Awesome thx, want to play with my new toy
 Siren.Dalshion
Serveur: Siren
user: Dalshion
By Siren.Dalshion 2013-11-20 18:50:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fiv said: »
Fk scythe.

Requiescat on DRK is actually really cool, great way to add versatility to the job. Been loving it ever since a JP asked if I had it on a Delve run.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-11-20 19:02:25
Link | Citer | R

The original Ragnarok user was a demon from hell. It really doesn't get any more metal than that.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-21 02:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok and Apocalypse Sets Updated! Any modifications, corrections, and/or additional sets are welcome.
By Tgun 2013-11-21 04:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok and Apocalypse Sets Updated! Any modifications, corrections, and/or additional sets are welcome.

Had a couple questions on the sets you posted

On the Rag lvl 119 TP set, what is a good alternate to Pak +1?
On the WS set, would cizin body/hands with DA2 outperform miki pieces, and does the mekira +1 head still outperform yaoyotl helm?

Thanks
 Cerberus.Detzu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-11-21 06:08:03
Link | Citer | R

Bladeborn and steelfalsh instead of brutal and moonshade for Cata. Otherwise thank you for posting those sets.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zorik
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zorik
By Quetzalcoatl.Zorik 2013-11-21 10:24:34
Link | Citer | R

You have 44 store tp on your 6-hit drk/war Rag set. Wouldn't you need 52 /war and 37 for /sam?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-21 14:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Had a couple questions on the sets you posted

On the Rag lvl 119 TP set, what is a good alternate to Pak +1?
On the WS set, would cizin body/hands with DA2 outperform miki pieces, and does the mekira +1 head still outperform yaoyotl helm?

Thanks
NQ Pak works fine, Armadaberk if you need the need the extra STP.

WS set: Debatable. I'd get the Cizin Legs with DA+2 Augment, first. Perhaps if your accuracy is capped, you could use the Cizin Mail. If you've got Laeradr for PDT instead of Cizin, You could settle Cizin DA+2 & ATT+ Augments. Then again, Resolution is a glutton for attack because of the -15% penalty, so if you're starving for attack, I would prefer Mikinaak.

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Bladeborn and steelfalsh instead of brutal and moonshade for Cata. Otherwise thank you for posting those sets.

Oh yeah, good point. Fixing that. I also realized Cizin Legs have the best INT rating on them, so I fixed that for Entropy.

Quetzalcoatl.Zorik said: »
You have 44 store tp on your 6-hit drk/war Rag set. Wouldn't you need 52 /war and 37 for /sam?
For a true 6-hit /WAR, that's correct. I was accounting for the amount of WS hits returned as well as high DPS rating, so I could have made a slip-up there.

So the set that's up right now would require Armadaberk, Rose Strap and Asperity Necklace as replacements for TP, and then swap in Rajas and STR Path Mikinaak Feet for Resolution (17 WS TP according to calc).

/SAM I'll put a rough build in a while.
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-11-21 19:48:59
Link | Citer | R

I'd go with the Otomi helm instead of the Quiahuiz Helm, since Quiahuiz acts exactly like the Ravager's+2 Set Augment.
If there is a legit reason to not use Quiahuiz Helm (storetp?), this isn't it.

100% double attack damage x% of the time isn't the same thing as 5% double attack damage 100% of the time.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-21 23:34:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Suji said: »
I'd go with the Otomi helm instead of the Quiahuiz Helm, since Quiahuiz acts exactly like the Ravager's+2 Set Augment.
If there is a legit reason to not use Quiahuiz Helm (storetp?), this isn't it.

100% double attack damage x% of the time isn't the same thing as 5% double attack damage 100% of the time.
Oh ***, you're saying the double attack damage +x% is 100% proc on the first Double Attack? Okay, I missed that detail somewhere. x_x

Sounds like it would be decent for Liberator, then.
By Kyler 2013-11-22 00:44:07
Link | Citer | R

If it counts Oa2 on mythics as a double attack. Most other similar things point to that being a no
By Tgun 2013-11-22 00:57:05
Link | Citer | R

How is Otomi Helm looking for TP set on rag? 3 DA looks nice on it. Also great guide thanks for putting it together.
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-11-22 01:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Oh ***, you're saying the double attack damage +x% is 100% proc on the first Double Attack? Okay, I missed that detail somewhere. x_x

Sounds like it would be decent for Liberator, then.
No, I'm just saying it's not the same as WAR AF3+2. WAR AF3+2 is double damage (100% DA damage boost) on double attacks X% of the time, where X is based on the number of pieces you have equipped. This item is 5% double attack damage (5% DA damage boost) on all (100%) of your double attacks. So its strength is proportional to your double attack rate, ie, if you had 100% double attack, the special effect of this item by itself would yield a 5% boost to your melee damage.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-22 14:42:51
Link | Citer | R

How is Otomi Helm looking for TP set on rag? 3 DA looks nice on it. Also great guide thanks for putting it together.
It's in the Multi-Hit haste cap build. Doesn't help that the icon looks exactly like Yaoyotl. :P

Phoenix.Suji said: »
No, I'm just saying it's not the same as WAR AF3+2. WAR AF3+2 is double damage (100% DA damage boost) on double attacks X% of the time, where X is based on the number of pieces you have equipped.

Gotcha. I knew the WAR AF3 +2 augment was a low percentage to begin with. So I (guiltily) assumed Quiahuiz worked the same way, since, like I said, I couldn't find the details on BG how often it procs on the first hit of a double attack.

Quote:
This item is 5% double attack damage (5% DA damage boost) on all (100%) of your double attacks. So its strength is proportional to your double attack rate, ie, if you had 100% double attack, the special effect of this item by itself would yield a 5% boost to your melee damage.

Yeah, that's what I meant by 100% proc- the 5% damage bonus procing on 100% of the user's double attacks. I guess I worded that a bit funny, lol.

Either way, the helm should open some more options this time around.
By Arziet 2013-11-27 21:20:56
Link | Citer | R

What are new Apoc build looking like? Haste, Cata, AM?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-27 22:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Arziet said: »
What are new Apoc build looking like? Haste, Cata, AM?
They're all updated and listed underneath the Senbaak TP Builds. :)
By anderxero 2013-11-29 14:53:29
Link | Citer | R

For Quiahuiz Helm, does the +5% dmg apply to both hits of double attack or just the second? (I seem to recall some other items with boosts to DA only working on the second hit, tho I could be mistaken)
By Tgun 2013-11-30 19:53:16
Link | Citer | R

What would do better for a Rag 119 TP body piece, i currently do not have a Pak +1, i do have Cizin 2% DA, Armada 3DA/6STP, and Valkryie with 3 TA/9ACC. Which should i use until i can get my hands on a Pak +1?
 Odin.Spyderhawk
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Spyderhawk 2013-11-30 20:22:11
Link | Citer | R

What would do better for a Rag 119 TP body piece, i currently do not have a Pak +1, i do have Cizin 2% DA, Armada 3DA/6STP, and Valkryie with 3 TA/9ACC. Which should i use until i can get my hands on a Pak +1?

I'd use armada since the stp severely effects rag's shitty delay to keep your x-build. Nothing sucks quite as much as 98/99 builds imo
 Seraph.Jacaut
Serveur: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2013-12-11 13:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know the latent on Aiwon Gauntlets?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-12-11 15:02:24
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrain Strap is practically Rose +1, holy ***. Ignom Head and Body +1 look real good, head for Dark Magic and Body for Reso with capped ACC. I wanted to like the legs if it weren't for the lack of ACC and DA+ like Cizin legs have.

Gonna look through other promising items soon, those are some of the most noticeable

By the way, sorry everyone for not answering your PM's sooner! It'll be a really busy month for me IRL and I'm also building my Ragnarok.

First one is about Liberator 119- their spreadsheet says that it's beating Ragnarok 119, but I'm making the comparison in spreadsheets, but it still seems like Ragnarok is measuring higher in DPS vs Tojil with full buffs. If anyone can elucidate me as to what I might be doing wrong or if I'm putting in the best situation or not, that would help a great deal.

Second: Ragnarok Multihit *could* work with /Sam, but the set comes up a bit short in tp/hit to make it be able to 6-hit as well. The overall idea is to allow the ODT damage effect for DoT output during TP phase with full buffs and Capped haste. You might have to sacrifice a few pieces for the set to be able to x-hit it.

Odin.Spyderhawk said: »

I'd use armada since the stp severely effects rag's shitty delay to keep your x-build. Nothing sucks quite as much as 98/99 builds imo

Definitely agree on this. I know that I emphasize Pak NQ/HQ, Armadaberk still has great capability with XHit Builds as a means to get by.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 206 207 208