(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 206 207 208
 Bahamut.Eddea
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Eddea
By Bahamut.Eddea 2013-04-18 21:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Hi,
I plan to make a new trial GS, which is the most advisable? STR (flame geode), 100TP bonus, or Fulgurante OAT? I see a lot of reference to Fulgurante, I think it is more appropriate, but I do not understand why the other two are not as good as the Fulgurante OAT.

thanks
 Asura.Hotsoups
Serveur: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-04-18 22:05:18
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sanders said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
So unless you want buyer's remorse or laughing-at-you-mischief from your friends, avoid making this weapon. I'm not even going to have gearsets for Quietus listed because of its mediocrity.

While yes, Quietus is a bust WS, I feel it's necessary to include a build for it in a real DRK guide. People have the WS, and at the very least it's used to trigger their AM. I'm curious about an up to date build recommendation for it.

EDIT:

Here's something I threw together. Not certain about all of it.

ItemSet 297145

I used phorcys over twilight body due to the flat damage bonus for a single hit weapon skill. Also the legs I'm unsure, and I don't know if the rajas is pointless here.

Could always use augmented Valkyrie's Cuishes for legs!
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-04-18 22:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Eddea said: »
Hi,
I plan to make a new trial GS, which is the most advisable? STR (flame geode), 100TP bonus, or Fulgurante OAT? I see a lot of reference to Fulgurante, I think it is more appropriate, but I do not understand why the other two are not as good as the Fulgurante OAT.

thanks

Not too sure why you would ask on the guide, since it does include pretty thorough advice on g.swords. TP bonus has low base damage and isn't going to be much help for DRK. The STR path I would say isn't worth the time/money considering easy and superior options from the AH.

If you want to work on something, make it OAT (although I'm not a fan) or just go for calad/rag.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-04-18 22:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hotsoups said: »

Could always use augmented Valkyrie's Cuishes for legs!

I would say Ogier's are still better, unless maybe Huginn Hose.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-18 22:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Hi,

thanks

The OAT is absolutely amazing and is better then a Ragnarok up til about Rag90. Get one, it will change your life.
 Bismarck.Stani
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-04-19 01:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Kingregg said: »
I Don't know if this was been asked yet, but how does Pak Corselet +1 change the tp sets or does Armada still shine bright like a diamond..

Pak +1 didn't shake much up, it's just another non-haste melee body you can use to fine tune your sTP total. 1 DA for 2 sTP is actually a pretty good trade as far as fine tuning goes, shame it's got an 8 figure pricetag. Personally, I'm happy with Armadaberk as my sTP body, and Valkyplate as my multiattack body for when sTP won't help. If a set ever clocks in at 2 extra store TP (where a Pak +1 would fit best), I should be able to find solace in the tens of millions still in my wallet.

If I didn't have Valkyplate and Armadaberk already, it'd be worth looking into. Pak +1 is a nice middle-ground between those two, with no need to buy -1s, find abjuration, and go through the (pricy and frustrating) augmentation process. If you can get it cheaper than the EBody Abj, -1, and a few hundred tatters, it's worth seeing if it will fit into your goal sets.

At the same time, if I had to pick one of the three, it'd be Armada, which gives you the most flexibility in set building. I'd rather find myself making marginally less ideal fine tuning swaps than short of an x-hit I'd like to reach.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-19 12:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Hi,

thanks

The OAT is absolutely amazing and is better then a Ragnarok up til about Rag90. Get one, it will change your life.
why even mention rag90 or less? if you get a relic (with intent to use it) it should be 95 within a week (2 if youre a bit more casual)

also id like to note on the ws stuff, if youre gonna have screens of the ws, do it in the pro ws gear not in af3, the ones in the war guide kinda make me want to clean up my war
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-19 16:02:38
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Hi,

thanks

why even mention rag90 or less? if you get a relic (with intent to use it) it should be 95 within a week (2 if youre a bit more casual)

also id like to note on the ws stuff, if youre gonna have screens of the ws, do it in the pro ws gear not in af3, the ones in the war guide kinda make me want to clean up my war

Because people actually have a life, they have jobs/children/friends, and even though I got my Rag the other week, it is still 90. I have planned to 95 it on Tuesday. It was just a comparison, relax.

Also if you wanted me to go out and get every single piece of WS gear just so I can make some screenshots for weaponskills, then errr.... No, you were very wrong. Af3 is the Dark Knight look, and this is a Dark Knight guide.

Why don't you go out there and do some screenshots instead of contributing nothing?
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-19 16:13:15
Link | Citer | R

/popcorn (°!°)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-19 16:21:58
Link | Citer | R

Nothing to get popcorn over :) I am no entertainer.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-19 16:27:55
Link | Citer | R

heh ;;
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-19 16:53:03
Link | Citer | R

so much offense over nothing lol, gawd so personal

i will make ss, judge away when i post them
 Carbuncle.Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-04-19 18:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Just to agree with Zero, if you're rag90, you aren't done. The 95 trial is easy, so it's reasonable to assume you have it next in line. The marrows take time, so 99 isn't attainable (immediately or otherwise) for other folks.

However, regarding the screenshots, I think they would just clutter up the guide regardless of the gear.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-19 18:08:25
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I suppose they would, but if I wanted to, screenshots should serve to give visual representations of the important stuff

However, I'd like to organize the gearsets horizontally like in some of the other guides...I think that uses a table code.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-19 18:12:00
Link | Citer | R

the guides half seem like an up sell tactic for the job/to not suck at the job, otherwise id agree on the screen shots lol

I seriously did look at all the pics Ejiin posted and it made me want to work on war a bit, brilliant idea

edit:

besides it gives me a reason to drag out my caladbolg lol
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-19 20:07:05
Link | Citer | R

WeaponsCatastropheEntropyResolution
Torcleaver
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-19 20:07:11
Link | Citer | R

gah, seems like using bunches of tables ends up making the guide load like a DRK without haste :| or is it just AH's servers being laggy today?

I'm just going to go with whatever layout works best. Nice screens btw, Zero!
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-19 20:09:09
Link | Citer | R

My favorite one is torcleaver's.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-19 20:13:31
Link | Citer | R

pretty sure they would load faster if uploaded to xiah

edit:
all ffxiah seems slow atm

heres the links since its laggy
 Asura.Kohanu
Serveur: Asura
user: Kohanu
By Asura.Kohanu 2013-04-19 20:54:35
Link | Citer | R

That first Torcleaver shot is pretty nice.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-19 21:15:15
Link | Citer | R

Love the new side by side for item sets. I strongly hated the single row way it was before. Thumbs up! d(^-^)b
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-19 21:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Love the new side by side for item sets. I strongly hated the single row way it was before. Thumbs up! d(^-^)b
I did too, but I had to wait for the code to be fixed to modify it lol. Glad you like it!
By volkom 2013-04-19 22:06:30
Link | Citer | R

wish there were more mithra pics for the weaponskills D:
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-19 22:26:38
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
wish there were more mithra pics for the weaponskills D:
I can arrange that <.<
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-19 23:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Oh Volk~
[+]
By volkom 2013-04-19 23:17:36
Link | Citer | R

don't forget to add the mithra resolution flip :P
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-19 23:19:40
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »
don't forget to add the mithra resolution flip :P
need Ragnarok or Crobaci first :(

I only have Fulgy and Calad!

edit: ...wait a minute...I just had an idea >.>
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-20 03:21:31
Link | Citer | R

I really like the new layout of the guide. The screenshots are pretty epic too.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-20 03:41:05
Link | Citer | R

I realize I'm slowbro.png about this, but I just added Motenten's spreadsheets to section 8 :D
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-20 04:11:55
Link | Citer | R

Just messed around with the spreadsheet for the first time. Noticed theres no options for Fulgurante OAT or Armada Hauberk.

It also seems that Karieyh Morion is a slight boost over Bale+2 like I thought.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 206 207 208