(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 208 209
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-10-01 00:44:33
Link | Citer | R

Thanks everyone, appreciate the DRK pro input :)

Seems to validate what I was sort of thinking already, just didn't know if I had any major blind spots of really impactful uses for Anguta. Sounds like no given my other weapons, just rather niche applications and a fun toy for things like Dyna/SoD. Makes sense! I'll still grab it next Aeonic over my other possible choices, if for no other reason than to make a nice lockstyle for it XD
[+]
By CrAZYVIC 2024-10-01 01:43:16
Link | Citer | R

The Anguta-R15? That’s your go-to if you wanna play like you're spamming GS Torcleaver. Cross-Reaper? Hell of a WS for blowin' up those parses. When you're takin’ out minions, drop your WS at 1250 TP. When you're facin' bosses, pump that up to 2250 TP.

Calabolg-R15. Unbeatable, no question. But when you get tired of that same ol’ Torcleaver grind, give the Anguta a spin. Trust me, it won’t let you down.

Now, let’s be real: inflating parses and the "Liberator" don’t exactly go hand in hand, even though it’s DRK’s best scythe. Insurgency, bein' a multi-hit WS, just ain't gonna give you those wild 40k overkills that Torcleaver and Cross-Reaper can dish out in low tp 1000-1250.

If you're only takin’ down bosses in Odyssey, Sortie, Unity—yeah, the Anguta’s not your best bet. But if you're grindin’ for Segments in C on DRK (and yeah, you should really be on WAR for that), or if you're still runnin' Dynamis Divergence, Vagary, or that kinda stuff, Anguta’s the closest you're gonna get to spamming GS Torcleaver with a scythe. Plus, it bloats those parses like a freakin' hippo.
By SimonSes 2024-10-01 06:25:15
Link | Citer | R

CrAZYVIC said: »
Anguta’s the closest you're gonna get to spamming GS Torcleaver with a scythe.

I think the much closer experience would be R15 Redemption, since both weapon have strong white damage and scaling WS. That being said Redemption has slightly higher white damage, but lower WS damage and overall damage is 7-17% higher on Calad, depends on buffs. That obviously ignoring the fact that Torc>Torc is self Light, because then the gap is much larger.
[+]
By Drayco 2024-10-01 08:45:05
Link | Citer | R

I think the conversation of which is better isn't the entire story. It really depends on what you're doing.
If I'm in a 18 person alliance, I'm probably using Caladbolg.
If i'm in a 6 person Oddysey run(or content where I'm the only DD hitting a mob), Liberator consistantly does more than Caladbolg due to non stop 4 step double dark.
If I'm doing stuff with trusts, Apocalypse usually wins.

Use the weapon that works best in that situation. I haven't finished my Anguta yet, but I have a feeling it's going to collect dust like my Redemption does.
By SimonSes 2024-10-01 09:18:47
Link | Citer | R

Drayco said: »
If i'm in a 6 person Oddysey run(or content where I'm the only DD hitting a mob), Liberator consistantly does more than Caladbolg due to non stop 4 step double dark.

I haven't touched Odyssey for a while, but what are you doing there, that takes any significant damage from skillchains. Definitely nothing from A3 and A4.

Kinda depends. Sometimes killing something faster is safer than trying to stay alive through mechanics. I'm saying that as a person who thinks, that Apocalypse is the coolest weapon in game.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-10-01 12:29:09
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

I haven't touched Odyssey for a while, but what are you doing there, that takes any significant damage from skillchains. Definitely nothing from A3 and A4.

Kinda depends. Sometimes killing something faster is safer than trying to stay alive through mechanics. I'm saying that as a person who thinks, that Apocalypse is the coolest weapon in game.

If you're fighting a high level Unity NM solo and cannot rely on a trust tank, then spamming Cata could be the way to go, otherwise you are defaulting to Torc and smash. Liberator is great to multi-step skillchain for a stagger, so for bosses like Kalunga where your TP flow can take a hit from debuffs.

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Thanks everyone, appreciate the DRK pro input :)

Seems to validate what I was sort of thinking already, just didn't know if I had any major blind spots of really impactful uses for Anguta. Sounds like no given my other weapons, just rather niche applications and a fun toy for things like Dyna/SoD. Makes sense! I'll still grab it next Aeonic over my other possible choices, if for no other reason than to make a nice lockstyle for it XD

That's pretty much all there is to it. At least Anguta looks nice. I have Lionheart and Sequence and never use 'em, lol. Lionheart would only be good if there was content where you need to DD on Rune but cannot use Dimidiation, so Resolution spam would be the way... but that never happens. The T4 Sandworm in Reisenjima is the only thing I would consider using it on.
By SimonSes 2024-10-01 13:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
If you're fighting a high level Unity NM solo and cannot rely on a trust tank, then spamming Cata could be the way to go, otherwise you are defaulting to Torc and smash. Liberator is great to multi-step skillchain for a stagger, so for bosses like Kalunga where your TP flow can take a hit from debuffs.

There is no need for Liberator on Kalunga at all. Resolution > Herculean > Resolution > Herculean is good enough to stagger. Herculean is magic (can't miss) and Resolution is 5 hits base (chance for miss is practically 0), so both are very reliable to 4 step. Also someone can step in and close scission with Savage instead of your Resolution, if Kalunga decide to throw Stoneskin between your WSs.
By SimonSes 2024-10-01 14:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Atrox78 said: »
There is no need for Liberator and there is also no need for the skillchain you just mentioned. Considering that subsequent letters require a longer skillchain, doing the endless is much wiser.

The one I mentioned is endless, it's "endless" scission <> detonation
By Atrox78 2024-10-01 15:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Atrox78 said: »
There is no need for Liberator and there is also no need for the skillchain you just mentioned. Considering that subsequent letters require a longer skillchain, doing the endless is much wiser.

The one I mentioned is endless, it's "endless" scission <> detonation

I stand corrected. Always did hard slash > Herculean over and over. Missed the 4 step in your chain and you are correct. Using resolution is better for all but 100 percent chance on landing.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-10-01 19:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

There is no need for Liberator on Kalunga at all. Resolution > Herculean > Resolution > Herculean is good enough to stagger. Herculean is magic (can't miss) and Resolution is 5 hits base (chance for miss is practically 0), so both are very reliable to 4 step. Also someone can step in and close scission with Savage instead of your Resolution, if Kalunga decide to throw Stoneskin between your WSs.

Didn't say it was "needed", I said it was great for it. You don't "need" Liberator for this, but the TP flow is crazy and makes it less likely that things can go wrong. Not saying anyone has to do it that way. Whatever works for you.
First Page 2 3 ... 208 209