(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 203 204 205

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 06:14:49
Link | Citer | R

Point A is meaningless, and making Scythe DPS on par with GSD DPS would give DRKs more options on enemies based on whether darkness or light SCs work best on them.

More options based on the situation is always good.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-03 06:20:52
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Nah, I'd be pissed off if Apoc was made as good as Calad. Liberator or colibri scythe sure, as they take as much effort. The way SE work is they always overcompensate ***though, so I am not going to be suprised if we log in and find that the Ambu Scythe trashes Calad knowing SE.

I'm generally happy with where Apoc is now, but would certainly enjoy seeing Entropy/Anguta and Queefus/ColibriBeak get a nice buff...
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 06:42:23
Link | Citer | R

It wont be WSs, they would word it like they word it for MNK then, when they said weapon skill adjustments.

With how they described it makes me believe it will be (with most likely first and least likely last)

a) Improve fSTR, so improved gain to base damage per STR. That would have sense, because fSTR cap on Scythe is now so high, that its almost impossible to reach it in end game. For top Scythes you need like 200 more STR than target's vit to reach the cap. Insurgency set is like 400 STR with absorbs? Thats barely a positive fSTR for some end game target's and not even a cap on most Apex.
b) add some base damage per scythe skill like hand to hand
c) STR gives more attack with Scythe
d) rise pDIF cap for scythes

Nothing else comes to my mind with wording they used.
 Odin.Archaide
Serveur: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-12-03 06:42:24
Link | Citer | R

SE will give DRK's provoke, thats it.
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 06:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Archaide said: »

You are late with that joke. They already said it's adjustment to how scythe damage is calculated.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-03 08:15:21
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

You are late with that joke. They already said it's adjustment to how scythe damage is calculated.

All scythe attacks have natural En-Provoke trait..
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 09:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Humpo said: »

How scythe damage is calculated
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 09:19:19
Link | Citer | R

Scythe does more damage the higher your enmity is.
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 09:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

Yeah that would fit, but that's far from "SE will give DRK's provoke, thats it."
 Odin.Archaide
Serveur: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-12-03 10:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah that would fit, but that's far from "SE will give DRK's provoke, thats it."

Funny how a stupid comment like mine can spark a stupid conversation, i luv the internet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2019-12-03 10:32:38
Link | Citer | R

INB4 people with bandwagnoroks pop up with R15 Apocs unless SE shits the bed with their scythe math.

Get those credit cards out Assura!
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 10:33:51
Link | Citer | R

I have just seen Rua post on Youtube. Must have been late when he was reading it, because he hyped weapons skill adjustment like its 100% that. Some people will be disappointed XD
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-12-03 10:42:29
Link | Citer | R

I have just seen Rua post on Youtube. Must have been late when he was reading it, because he hyped weapons skill adjustment like its 100% that. Some people will be disappointed XD

There's still a chance that they do mean a larger scale revamp of the weapon type...though my expectation from what they wrote is a bump to the base pDIF caps for the weapon class in general, and not even something restricted to DRK.

Probably then the same thing for GAxe when WAR comes around.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-12-03 10:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Liberator is already pretty stoudt, and with Odin/Volte gear accessible to drk i think it'll be a good buff for drk. I still prefer my Liberator over Calad
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-03 10:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure it's just some fTP adjusts like with H2H. Though I doubt things will be that extreme. (I also don't really know why they think we need it? But I ain't complaining.)
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 10:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Unless they're translating it badly, it can't be just fTP adjusts because they'd be wording it as scythe weaponskill adjustments instead of scythe adjustments.

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-03 11:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Unless they're translating it badly, it can't be just fTP adjusts because they'd be wording it as scythe weaponskill adjustments instead of scythe adjustments.
It's either an fTP change... or Scythe gets its own pDIF cap that's higher than the highest pDIF cap (4.25 for 2handers).

Which would be really weird. But then H2H and GK sit down at 0.25 less of a pDIF cap than other "2handers"...

But both sides just say an adjust to the damage calculations... which could either be the pDIF multiplier or the fTP multiplier. (I doubt they're going to go as far as the H2H and make any of the Scythe WSs that don't already transfer fTP transfer.)
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 11:01:53
Link | Citer | R

SE specifically has different wording when they're adjusting fTP on WSs than what they used in this teaser. Either we're not getting weaponskill adjustments or we getting both weaponskill adjustments and other scythe changes.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-03 11:13:01
Link | Citer | R

SE specifically has different wording when they're adjusting fTP on WSs than what they used in this teaser. Either we're not getting weaponskill adjustments or we getting both weaponskill adjustments and other scythe changes.
"ダメージ計算式" literally "damage formula/calculation" for scythes is what's being adjusted.
You're right in that they have said in the past "ウェポンスキル" with the MNK WS update... But they made note that it would benefit PUP as well, and that could be why the lack of any caveat other than "scythe"... since no other job uses them at all.
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 11:24:19
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
since no other job uses them at all.

WAR is using ambu scythe. Mostly as option to have fun with but still.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-03 11:36:44
Link | Citer | R

BLM and BST can use scythes, too.
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-12-03 12:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Liberator is already pretty stoudt, and with Odin/Volte gear accessible to drk i think it'll be a good buff for drk. I still prefer my Liberator over Calad

I agree. R15 liberator is already ridiculously good. I hope it doesnt get too boosted. Cause I like only seeing a hand few of people with it. #NoLiberatorBandwagon, #EinherjarWaitsComing
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-12-03 12:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

I agree. R15 liberator is already ridiculously good. I hope it doesnt get too boosted. Cause I like only seeing a hand few of people with it. #NoLiberatorBandwagon, #EinherjarWaitsComing
I'm calling it. Redemption will get biggest boost and all the bandwagon mnks that just made Vere are gonna have to do Chloris again!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Leosin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Leosin
By Lakshmi.Leosin 2019-12-03 12:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I'm calling it. Redemption will get biggest boost and all the bandwagon mnks that just made Vere are gonna have to do Chloris again!

Could see SE doing this just to keep the grind going.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-12-03 13:15:33
Link | Citer | R

Eh even if I’m wrong the buff will still help regardless. We’ll have to see.
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 13:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
Eh even if I’m wrong the buff will still help regardless. We’ll have to see.

Oh no doubt, I just think you went a little far with those assumptions XD
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 203 204 205