(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 203 204 205
By SimonSes 2019-06-14 03:59:43
Link | Citer | R

I see none mentioned it yet, but imo new sword from Odin is an amazing upgrade as offhand for Dolichenus. WAR has several strong options for this, but DRK was lacking them. Zantetsuken is just perfect for it.
By Taint 2019-06-14 06:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Last resort kills DW DPS for me with DRK.
By SimonSes 2019-06-14 08:27:50
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Last resort kills 2hand DPS for me with DRK.

Last Resort being that good for 2h weapons doesn't change anything for Dual Wielding. If Dual Wielding that Axe is strong on WAR, then it's also strong (or stronger) on DRK. War only advantage is higher DA, but DRK have much higher pdif cap and with this new sword we finally have an amazing offhand.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-06-14 14:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Why would you want to dual wield though? Unless it's proven that method is stronger? Or for the lulz?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-06-14 14:58:23
Link | Citer | R

Because "they can".
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-14 14:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure even in wars case it doesnt beat current top options, nice for those who dont have em and nice if you wanted to sub nin for either fun or some shadow survivability and still keep your dps high
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-06-14 15:23:20
Link | Citer | R

I guess it can't be as bad as when we used to try and make our elemental nukes worthwhile. Anyone still do that?
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2019-06-14 15:27:55
Link | Citer | R

Still don't understand why they dont give us a "Dark" version of elemental spells. At least then it might be feasible to sometimes use them. especially if the tp return is decent. Also add in a scythe WS that is ranged >.>
 Asura.Mims
Serveur: Asura
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2019-06-14 15:43:40
Link | Citer | R

This game has mountains of missed opportunities, all across the board.
SE could have given Dark Knight a unique niche with elemental magic by giving us a focus on magic bursting, for instance.

Imagine a line of spells with a cast time equal to stun, that don't do a whole lot of damage on their own, but get a major bonus when magic bursted. It could have changed the dynamic from pure WS spam like any generic DD into a more SC focused role that doesn't exist in the meta for melee DDs. Of course its too late to implement that now compared to a decade ago, but this is SE we're talking about and fumbling about like they have no idea what they are doing is literally their day job.
[+]
By volkom 2019-06-14 16:05:23
Link | Citer | R

they should change blood weapon or make it a passive ability and give us a new SP.

also make Dread Spikes II and proc death occasionally.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-06-14 16:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mims said: »
This game has mountains of missed opportunities, all across the board.
SE could have given Dark Knight a unique niche with elemental magic by giving us a focus on magic bursting, for instance.

Imagine a line of spells with a cast time equal to stun, that don't do a whole lot of damage on their own, but get a major bonus when magic bursted. It could have changed the dynamic from pure WS spam like any generic DD into a more SC focused role that doesn't exist in the meta for melee DDs. Of course its too late to implement that now compared to a decade ago, but this is SE we're talking about and fumbling about like they have no idea what they are doing is literally their day job.

The problem becomes will the damage be high enough to make it worthwhile. Remember the pure melee/ws damage is very high waiting on to sc and nuking would lower dps in my eyes. Which doesn't become worth it in my eyes. Also if I want burst damage I'd rather bring a BLM tbh even with the burst wall.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-14 16:45:27
Link | Citer | R

They coulda maybe done something with mb'd nuking getting double/triple tp return with occult acumen in the past, but even that wouldnt have changed much
By SimonSes 2019-06-14 16:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Why would you want to dual wield though? Unless it's proven that method is stronger? Or for the lulz?

1. I dont have time to calculate it, but I think it's at least competitive with all R0 options. Afaik Decimation is DRK strongest WS at 1000TP with avg around 39k (at spikes above 60k)
2. Depends on your Odyssean augments, it has more or much more accuracy on WS compared to Torcleaver
3. You don't need Last Resort or any other ability for max damage output
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-14 17:18:31
Link | Citer | R

same as war then though cant remember if impulse drive ended up better between the 2. Far as off-hands go its the same for war, hard to beat quad, str+15 and a nice chunk of acc/atk
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-06-14 18:31:07
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »

1. I dont have time to calculate it, but I think it's at least competitive with all R0 options. Afaik Decimation is DRK strongest WS at 1000TP with avg around 39k (at spikes above 60k)
2. Depends on your Odyssean augments, it has more or much more accuracy on WS compared to Torcleaver
My question is on what level content? I get it maybe cool to try out but I'd like to see numbers on it r0 isn't something I see someone keeping long term if they get clears.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-15 08:24:46
Link | Citer | R

Fun question just for the Shiggles:

With Current Acc and Buff options available, its been known for some time now that Acc loss on Non-iLV weapons can be circumvented.

That said.. Is it possible for DRK K Club madness to return?

Would it even be viable?
Or would a Dacnomania be much more reliable for a Soul Eater based Attack?

Just honest curiosity, thought it might be fun to discuss.
By SimonSes 2019-06-15 12:12:03
Link | Citer | R

Kc zerg was strong because WS on those mobs were doing like 1000 dmg and kclub was doing 200+ per hit if i remember correctly. Now when WS damage is 30-99 times higher and hp with capped drain3 is barely maybe 5 times higher souleater zerg would have no chance. Now add on top of that how pdif was raised and how much white damage comes from am3 caladbolg and you souleater zerg has no chance to return atm.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-06-15 12:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

My question is on what level content? I get it maybe cool to try out but I'd like to see numbers on it r0 isn't something I see someone keeping long term if they get clears.

On all content? It has lower pdif cap so easier to cap attack. It has high accuracy too. So it has no problems to be used against high lvl content.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-15 14:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Kc zerg was strong because WS on those mobs were doing like 1000 dmg and kclub was doing 200+ per hit if i remember correctly. Now when WS damage is 30-99 times higher and hp with capped drain3 is barely maybe 5 times higher souleater zerg would have no chance. Now add on top of that how pdif was raised and how much white damage comes from am3 caladbolg and you souleater zerg has no chance to return atm.

Well it was actually between 200 and 400 per hit for KC Zerg and back then, our access to HP was extremely limited versus today.

It's possible to spike one's HP to 9999 through an MB'd Drain 3 right?

If you assume a measly 10 damage from the Club itself and do nothing but raw HP Conversion, and assume wearing AF +3 head..

9999 x .16 (AF +3 Head) = 1599.84 so call it 1600 per hit give or take on Soul Eater.

K Club averages 4 hits per round placing you at 6,400 per round Average (Can be as high as 12,800 though on the 8-Hits)

Combine that with the Club's Delay of 264 with Capped Delay placing you at 52.8 allowing 1.13 Attacks per second...

so that's between 7,232 and possibly as high as 10,000+ DPS from an HP Conversion mechanic? That looks pretty good to me as long as the target isn't resistant to Souleater (AV for example)

Mind you, I have no plans of taking this seriously, I just like to visit ideas is all. Curiosity.
By Nariont 2019-06-15 16:18:06
Link | Citer | R

Problem is ws dmg really, thats nice on paper but calad am3 can already hit that high per swing and drop a (lowballing here) 30k torc every couple rounds due to high ma on jobs these days.

Just not seeing it honestly
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-06-15 17:00:49
Link | Citer | R

hmmm yeah, ran numbers on just basic math and Calad wins definitely..

KClub Antics
9999 HP -- 1600 per swing
Average Swing per Attack is 4 = 6400 per Swing
Capped Haste Delay is 52.8 so 0.88 Sec per attack
60 seconds allows 68.18 Attacks
Equals average of 435,000 Damage in one minute..

Calad Capped Haste Delay is 86 = 1.43 sec per attack
60 seconds allows 42 Attack Rounds (Actually 41.958 but very likely to breach)
I agree with 2 Attack Rounds per WS because that's very frequently observed in zergs.
SO
21 Chances at WS in 60 seconds
Assuming 30,000 Average per WS that lands us at 630,000 Damage in 60 seconds. And that's not even factoring Melee Damage, and potential Skillchains

Yup, K Club is quite thoroughly dead haha. Was interesting to think about at least.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2019-06-15 18:14:30
Link | Citer | R

it was last resort that broke it, or more specifically desperate blows since even with 2x SV march you couldnt cap it, and there wasnt a haste II til cap raise
[+]
By Taint 2019-06-15 18:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Apoc+LR+capped magic was more broken than SMN AC.

SV marchx2 and haste capped magic even back then.

Gear haste was the issue. You need Rune chopper or Apoc to cap.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-15 18:21:10
Link | Citer | R

but so much more fun
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-15 18:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Maybe my memories off but i think you could cap without it;
Homam legs/hands/feet 3 each
wyvern earring 5
w. turban 5
blitz ring 1
then swift belt for 4, though speed was ideal to get that last extra % or 2

Wasnt the most viable and locked you into drg sub but that did it i thought?
By Taint 2019-06-15 19:21:51
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Maybe my memories off but i think you could cap without it;
Homam legs/hands/feet 3 each
wyvern earring 5
w. turban 5
blitz ring 1
then swift belt for 4, though speed was ideal to get that last extra % or 2

Wasnt the most viable and locked you into drg sub but that did it i thought?

True. That was for club.

For Apoc you needed hasso to hit 93.3% haste. LR was 15% back then. Brought Apoc delay down to 33! 3 rounds a second! WSing was a DPS loss during LR.

Club was capped at 68%. I don’t think dancer was around.

Apoc gear (wrong sub in pic)

Pics are from 2007 lol!
[+]
By Nariont 2019-06-15 19:24:06
Link | Citer | R

ah shoot i forgot old DB was 15%, stand corrected then

As for DNC not being around, they were

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Taint 2019-06-15 19:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Dancer was nov22 2007. So yeah before the nerf but after 93.3 was discovered. Probably a few months before DNC hit endgame.
 Asura.Nuance
Serveur: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-06-16 12:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Code
		ammo="Yetshila +1",
		head="Flam. Zucchetto +2",
		body="Hjarrandi Breast.",
		hands={ name="Emi. Gauntlets +1", augments={'HP+65','DEX+12','Accuracy+20',}},
		legs={ name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+29','"Store TP"+7','DEX+11',}},
		feet={ name="Valorous Greaves", augments={'Accuracy+23 Attack+23','"Store TP"+6','DEX+5',}},
		neck="Abyssal Beads +2",
		waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
		left_ear="Telos Earring",
		right_ear="Cessance Earring",
		left_ring="Flamma Ring",
		right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
        back=Ankou.STP

For Liberator AM3, thoughts on any improvements outside of better augments?

Comes out to;
25 haste
91 STP (including /SAM)
Critical Chance 19%
Citical DMG 10%
Triple Atk 7
Dbl Atk 6
Quad atk 3

Base accuracy - 1221
First Page 2 3 ... 167 168 169 ... 203 204 205