(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 203 204 205
 Ragnarok.Jiing
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: F0urty2
By Ragnarok.Jiing 2019-02-21 20:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Damn Z!
You're a beast.i gotta go try this now.
Mind posting full set?
By Zaryun 2019-02-21 20:52:24
Link | Citer | R

Thanks man lol, here's the set for you.

ItemSet 365255

Odyssean Helm/Hand augments are acc+33 atk+24 wsdmg +4 and acc +36 atk +37 wsdmg +4 respectively. VIT +30 acc/atk +20 wsdmg +10 on cape so should be even better with some STR instead of VIT.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pertalee
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2019-02-21 21:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Need more info on idle set, are you in town?
By L0ki79 2019-02-25 07:22:09
Link | Citer | R

After watching what the Decimation Axe has done for WAR has anyone played with the Spiral Hell Scythe yet? Granted it's not multi-hit but 100% WSD should have done something.
 Bahamut.Omegus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alphus
By Bahamut.Omegus 2019-03-07 03:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys what is the most up to date TP set/sets for Caladbolg/Raetic Algol?
By SimonSes 2019-03-07 06:10:30
Link | Citer | R

I'm kinda curious why people are so hyped about Decimation build on WAR and none even mentioned it here for DRK, while according to my math, Decimation would do even more damage on DRK if attack is capped.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-03-07 06:15:38
Link | Citer | R

What math is that?

It's probably because warriors actively miss being able to use axes competitively, so they're jumping at the opportunity to go back to it, while DRKs only ever used axes if they got a Ridill back in the 75 cap days.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-03-07 06:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Can only assume higher pdl and i guess souleater? Delerium where applicable?
By SimonSes 2019-03-07 06:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
What math is that?

Well i'm talking about just WS damage, so math only for WS damage. War would obviously generate TP faster with more native DA, but I don't even mean to discuss if whole build is stronger on WAR or DRK. I just want to point out that it's very similar, easy to gear and competitive in end game on both jobs.
By L0ki79 2019-03-07 06:35:54
Link | Citer | R

I have an r15 Chango for WAR and after maining DRK for so long it was a bit underwhelming. So the Axe was certainly intriguing, and yes also for nostalgia reasons. That said, it being within 2% +/- of r15 on wave 3 is pretty bitter-sweet.

Given the performance it made me very curious on the Scythe's 100% so figured i would toss out the question. I honestly never gave a thought to Decimation on DRK since i doubt it could touch Torc / CR numbers. If i get bored I will test and toss up some numbers.
By SimonSes 2019-03-07 07:09:45
Link | Citer | R

L0ki79 said: »
Given the performance it made me very curious on the Scythe's 100% so figured i would toss out the question.

This is damage im getting in my sheet for Spiral Hell with Kaja with capped attack and this set (with moonshade instead of brutal):
ItemSet 361648

1000TP: 21691
2000TP: 39393
3000TP: 56734
Highest spike at 3000TP (QA from Niqmaddu): 76002

Since it's scythe, which is well known weapon for DRK everything else beside WS damage shouldn't require any additional info I think.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-07 14:09:17
Link | Citer | R

Anyone interested in seeing what my sets are like now I got Apocalypse, Telos Earring and other things? Still not gone for the full relics (+3) though .. as I ain't got time to do Dyna regularly.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-07 19:38:03
Link | Citer | R

I get similar values to simon's. compared to cross reaper and insurgency at those tp values, assuming they all use the same set that is.
Code
1250 values:

Spiral Hell
Mean:  21133.2
StD:  5612.0
Min:  0
Max:  42830

Cross Reaper
Mean:  19790.1
StD:  4543.5
Max:  42637

Insurgency
Mean:  13178.2
StD:  2426.9
Min:  2515
Max:  23726

2250 values:

Spiral Hell
Mean:  38110.7
StD:  9526.9
Max:  61366

Cross Reaper
Mean:  33385.0
StD:  7369.3
Max:  56251

Insurgency
Mean:  24760.8
StD:  4432.7
Min:  2570
Max:  36232

3000 values:

Spiral Hell
Mean:  55274.1
StD:  13124.8
Max:  79634

Cross Reaper
Mean:  47100.0
StD:  10088.7
Max:  71704

Insurgency
Mean:  33459.7
StD:  6451.0
Min:  2562
Max:  44816
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-10 11:48:52
Link | Citer | R

So I see a lot of stuff about WS sets but very little about TP sets.

I don't have much DRK specific gear available as I've mostly been focusing on SAM since I came back. What would be the top 2 pieces for the 5 primary slots for Caladbolg and then for Apoc?

I'm asking top 2 specifically because if Valorous Mail happens to be the best body to TP in, this may be difficult for me to obtain one "soon", while if Emicho +1 is second best, that's something I can do.
By volkom 2019-03-10 12:12:40
Link | Citer | R

valorous mail, flamma korazin +2, emicho+1 are all pretty good, it will just vary depending on what you're wanting/needing for the set. STP vs ACC vs Multi Attack vs DT.
most flexible piece would probably be valorous mail cuz of all the augments it could have.

I'd say top 2 pieces imo ~ valorous mail + odyssean cuisses for the stp/multi/acc attack augments. Most of the other gear can be covered with flamma+2
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-10 12:14:41
Link | Citer | R

I already have full Flamma +2, I have the clear/cards for any AF1/2 +3, I have HQ abjurations, so pretty much any piece that isn't Valorous Mail specifically.

I'll try to have my Odyssean Cuisses augmented I guess, haven't had much luck in the past.
[+]
By volkom 2019-03-10 12:21:45
Link | Citer | R

basically if you can build a set that would grant w/e x-hit build you desire, multi-attack etc... that would work. valorous mail is just stupid good, especially if you get something amazing during the dark matter campaign. It would also be cross functional with SAM.

You'll want to get at minimum the AF+3 body/legs and Relic+3 legs for WS stuff. The ignominy legs+3 can be good for multi attack or acc builds

this thread here has a number of good sets to get ideas
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-10 12:28:15
Link | Citer | R

I managed to skip it entirely on SAM luckily, if I can skip it for DRG and DRK I'd be happy. It's one of those things that is actually really annoying for me to get.

Until my patience runs out!

Oh nice I hadn't seen that thread, it's pretty good, thanks.
[+]
By Taint 2019-03-10 13:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Flamma+2 barely trails it depending on augments.

Keep it as a goal though. SAM doesn’t need it at all but for DRK it’s worth getting.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-10 14:04:59
Link | Citer | R

No one got back to me on my post above, but I am planning on updating my sets soon so they can be critiqued. At this point it's about small incremental improvements.

I'm also interested to know how often Azagarth uses sets like Fast Cast, MEVA, Cure Received and Resist Stun? Also, is it really that safe using an almost full set of Ratri +1s for scythe ws??

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I managed to skip it entirely on SAM luckily, if I can skip it for DRG and DRK I'd be happy. It's one of those things that is actually really annoying for me to get.

Until my patience runs out!

Oh nice I hadn't seen that thread, it's pretty good, thanks.

Can't go wrong with a V. Mail dude. It's well worth getting if you can call up some friends to down Yakshi a few times.
By Taint 2019-03-10 14:09:37
Link | Citer | R

FC is a must set.

Meva is pretty annoying on DRK. Ratris HP does a good job of offsetting the +DT amdnsince you WS in ratri the HP ping pong isn’t bad.

Volte gear is the best way to get meva but access is limited.

Cure set and resist stun aren’t needed.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-10 14:10:30
Link | Citer | R

a few founders pieces have some good m.eva
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-10 14:17:08
Link | Citer | R

I'll get pops in case the opportunity arises since it seems this important for DRK.

I really wish T4 didn't exist!
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-10 15:07:51
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
FC is a must set.

Meva is pretty annoying on DRK. Ratris HP does a good job of offsetting the +DT amdnsince you WS in ratri the HP ping pong isn’t bad.

Volte gear is the best way to get meva but access is limited.

Cure set and resist stun aren’t needed.

A full on FC is a must for what exactly?? (Considering no gearswap or sub jobs like /rdm)

Also I don't know about Ratri. I guess it's good if you absolutely have to resist something? Seems more for soloing though.

I'll get pops in case the opportunity arises since it seems this important for DRK.

I really wish T4 didn't exist!

I'm sure Yakshi is a T3. Can be downed with a few SMNs or a BLM MB strategy (although this is harder to setup).
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-10 15:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Maybe, the problem is the setup needed, I won't be able to pull it off easily.

While I'm at it, what are good multistep to solo JP on DRK? GS/Scythe both available.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-10 15:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Maybe, the problem is the setup needed, I won't be able to pull it off easily.

While I'm at it, what are good multistep to solo JP on DRK? GS/Scythe both available.

I like playing around with Insurgency > Entropy > Quietus x2 on my Liberator with AM up. You can use FFXIcalc to find a combination you like.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-03-10 16:34:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
No one got back to me on my post above, but I am planning on updating my sets soon so they can be critiqued. At this point it's about small incremental improvements.

I'm also interested to know how often Azagarth uses sets like Fast Cast, MEVA, Cure Received and Resist Stun? Also, is it really that safe using an almost full set of Ratri +1s for scythe ws??

A DRK Fast Cast set is a boon for spells that aren't near insta-cast; so FC benefits Drain/Aspir/Endark/Dread Spikes easily.

Magic Evasion is a bit more of a personal choice really. Ratri set has a huge amount of it but even with the huge amount of HP+, the DT+ puts it squarely in a YMMV territory. As Taint said, the Volte set is another option, but given I know how your play schedule is I'm not sure how high your chances are of obtaining it in a relatively short period (also, f*** Dynamis).

Cure Received, I only ever dabled with that once and honestly, I don't think it's worth it. Again, personal choice but I'm not one to depend highly on my healer or support...

Oh yeah, on the Scythe WS Ratri set question, it's fine. You'll get unlucky every so often but it's not as bad as you think.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-10 16:47:53
Link | Citer | R

I know what Fast Cast does, but I'm failing to find something you need a full-on Fast Cast set (every possible scrap of FC in each slot) for .. outside of /rdm spells like Stoneskin/Phalanx/Blink.

Drain/Aspir - You don't need FC for this, you want Drain/Aspir potency. They're already pretty quick at casting anyways. Only using Drain III these days, as Drain II/Drain/Aspir are not worth it. Entropy's good enough for MP.

Endark II - You get Dark Magic Skill to a certain level (divisible by 20), then fill the rest with FC. Already explained this in my set a few pages back

Dread Spikes - The more HP the better. Also DRK empy body. You don't really need to full FC this either, unless you're tanking in a a rare, dire emergency, having trouble timing it between melee hits.

I do not use gearswap, so it's not like I can very easily precast a full FC set then switch automatically. And from experience, the spells are always back up by the time you need them again.

Also any mob which can be stunned? Simply Weapon Bash/Stun > Dread Spikes/Drain/Endark. So how is a Fast Cast set a "must"?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-10 17:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Start casting in FC, end cast with the effect. The point is to make the casting even faster, there is like no reason at all not to use FC, really.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-10 17:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Start casting in FC, end cast with the effect. The point is to make the casting even faster, there is like no reason at all not to use FC, really.

Are you using gearswap? Do you manually bring in FC then switch mid-cast? Or is it all automated for you? Honestly, had no issues doing it the way I have. Never had a life or death situation where I fully regretted not decking my Drain/Endark/Dreads with a pre-fast cast set. Never.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the benefit. But is this only been done by those who use gearswap? Or are people doing it manually as well? Feels like a ballache for anyone not having it done automatically.
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 203 204 205