(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 206 207 208
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-02-21 00:02:48
Link | Citer | R

Posted This on Apoc 3d, might be helpfull to give some ideas on sets etc...

/SAM - AM No Buffs Low Acc

/SAM - AM No Buffs Mid Acc

/SAM - AM No Buffs High Acc

AM Magic/JA Haste Cap - Regain - Low Acc

AM Magic/JA Haste Cap - Regain - High Acc/legion

(Maybe can Use Ares+1 legs?)

I have some sets /SAM no regain with Ares Legs +1 on, just have to switch Feet to aces on all sets to make up on the STP lost from Phorcys legs and add Kokous
 Phoenix.Pilipinoboi
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Pilipinoboi 2013-02-21 17:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Hello,

Just wanted some critique on this TP set I built for DRK with Embrava active. Also, Between Bale Earring and Ghillie Earring +1, I originally assumed Bale would pull ahead DoT wise, but need confirmation from actual math guys.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Armada Hauberk augments; HP+20, Store TP +6, Double Attack +3. I am aware that as it stands, my TP per hit /SAM is 19.5% making it a 6-hit build. Now, with the addition of Tyrant's and or Rose strap to the build, it does create this TP set into a 5-hit. However, seeing this is my TP set with Embrava up, the minor difference I just assumed to negate with the regain I get. Yay or Nay?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-02-23 11:41:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Pilipinoboi said: »
Hello,

Just wanted some critique on this TP set I built for DRK with Embrava active. Also, Between Bale Earring and Ghillie Earring +1, I originally assumed Bale would pull ahead DoT wise, but need confirmation from actual math guys.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Armada Hauberk augments; HP+20, Store TP +6, Double Attack +3. I am aware that as it stands, my TP per hit /SAM is 19.5% making it a 6-hit build. Now, with the addition of Tyrant's and or Rose strap to the build, it does create this TP set into a 5-hit. However, seeing this is my TP set with Embrava up, the minor difference I just assumed to negate with the regain I get. Yay or Nay?

[+]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-02-26 11:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Just made huginn feet for war, was wondering if there was a place for them in apoc sets, I know they are used for rag, but if I'm on drk, I'm using apoc.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-02-26 11:43:31
Link | Citer | R

swap huginn and goading belt
also possibly ares hands/legs but add phorcys salade and k earring

not sure about aftermath...

maybe put them in here but add phorcys hands? it would allow you to use p body and swap in ogiers hands, af3 head and k earring

am set is gonna matter most, and it wouldnt be viable in high acc situations (such as legion)
By Althyk 2013-02-28 15:34:21
Link | Citer | R

So I'm using Nightfyre's Spellcast that's listed in the OP. I just had a question how do I trigger the PDT/MDT/Twilight toggle
Code
                <!-- Variable toggles -->

<elseif spell="PhysicalDefense|MagicalDefense|Trigger0">
                        <if spell="PhysicalDefense">
                                <if advanced='"$Armor" = "PDT"'>
                                        <var cmd="set Armor None" />
                                        <addtochat>PDT Set Off</addtochat>
                                </if>
                                <else>
                                        <var cmd="set Armor PDT" />
                                        <addtochat>PDT Set Active</addtochat>
                                </else>
                        </if>
                        <elseif spell="MagicalDefense">
                                <if advanced='"$Armor" = "MDT"'>
                                        <var cmd="set Armor None" />
                                        <addtochat>MDT Set Off</addtochat>
                                </if>
                                <else>
                                        <var cmd="set Armor MDT" />
                                        <addtochat>MDT Set Active</addtochat>
                                </else>
                        </elseif>
                        <else>
                                <if advanced='"$Twilight" = "None"'>
                                        <var cmd="set Twilight Twilight"/>
                                        <addtochat>Twilight Set Active</addtochat>
                                </if>
                                <else>
                                        <var cmd="set Twilight None"/>
                                        <addtochat>Twilight Set Off</addtochat>
                                </else>
                        </else>
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-03-01 04:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Macro:

/ma PhysicalDefense for PDT
/ma MagicalDefense for MDT
//Trigger0 for twilight
By Althyk 2013-03-01 07:56:01
Link | Citer | R

for some reason //trigger0 isn't working for me
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-01 08:15:50
Link | Citer | R

Althyk said: »
for some reason //trigger0 isn't working for me

Did you try to just type it, or only in a macro?
//trigger0 will not work in a macro, but /ma trigger0 will.

Edit: brainfart there
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-01 08:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Dear drkswhohavehuginnfeetbutarenotme,

all of my hate!

sincerely,

Ashley

P.S. make me a pair.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-03-01 09:12:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

all of my hate!

sincerely,

Ashley

P.S. make me a pair.

Hopefully there is a replacement come Expansion time, or they make mats less ridic to get.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-01 09:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I'm waiting for the abyssea style "old rare mats" dropping in gold chests or from campaign etc. I would be devastated to drop that kind of money on them and have the boots become 1m-2m in a couple months (not to mention farming ouryu/baha is something I never want/wanted to go back to doing..... especially since ENMs are MOSTLY a waste of time now).

On the bright side most of the "*** you money" people are done with them. I just cant justify investing that much money in them. 200-300m could turn a perle drk into a good/decent drk (skill depending). It would be a marginal increase for me (not a 200-300m increase anyhow).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-01 10:04:13
Link | Citer | R

5% haste feet are a pipe dream at this stage i fear, i think its going to come down to needing phos+1 or huggin to cap haste for a while, in the ares builds. Thank God drk doesn't have to wear capped gear haste much anymore.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-01 10:23:59
Link | Citer | R

On the bright side ~3-4 pieces of ares are downgrades from easily attainable gear.
 Bismarck.Shyral
Serveur: Bismarck
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2013-03-01 11:07:21
Link | Citer | R

I just got my Ragnarok yesterday, and I'm trying to figure out what TP set to work towards. The OP lists two sets in his High-End TP set section:

This one labelled "TP"

This one listed as 7-hit /war

He also includes some alternative gear (Phorcys Salade, Blitz Ring, Enif Gambieras), if one doesn't have Huginn Gambieras (which I don't).

Is either of these sets optimal to work towards? Or should I work towards both? I am guessing that the top set is for /sam, but I'm not really sure what he had in mind. Also, are the changes I would have to make to the 7-hit set to make up for Huginn, worth it? Any input is appreciated.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-01 11:11:47
Link | Citer | R

Looks to be both /war, first is just without huginn/ares

The first is basically what I'm using, rose strap because my Berk is stp4/da3.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-01 11:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

all of my hate!

sincerely,

Ashley

P.S. make me a pair.

Hopefully there is a replacement come Expansion time, or they make mats less ridic to get.
I'll agree to that, each mat has only like, one source D:
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-01 11:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Shyral said: »
I just got my Ragnarok yesterday, and I'm trying to figure out what TP set to work towards. The OP lists two sets in his High-End TP set section:

This one labelled "TP"

This one listed as 7-hit /war

He also includes some alternative gear (Phorcys Salade, Blitz Ring, Enif Gambieras), if one doesn't have Huginn Gambieras (which I don't).

Is either of these sets optimal to work towards? Or should I work towards both? I am guessing that the top set is for /sam, but I'm not really sure what he had in mind. Also, are the changes I would have to make to the 7-hit set to make up for Huginn, worth it? Any input is appreciated.

First set is what I use in my vanilla tp set assuming 3/5 hits on reso land as /sam (i rarely use /war if ever so i dont know what those look like) so it could be used for that.
 Asura.Jem
Serveur: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-03-01 11:20:06
Link | Citer | R

That second set looks to be only 22% Haste? No idea if it maths out better though as I'm on my phone.

This is an alternative set without Huginn and with Ares just to show Ares can be useable

[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-01 12:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jem said: »
That second set looks to be only 22% Haste? No idea if it maths out better though as I'm on my phone.

This is an alternative set without Huginn and with Ares just to show Ares can be useable

23 but i think its just an oversight leaving goading in.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-03-01 12:06:10
Link | Citer | R

Ares +1 hands and legs are the way to go as long as you have Hasso LR up + haste and at least marches x2 and swap goading for windbuffet.

As soon as LR is down NNI gears win.

That's for /sam.

Edit : Ares+1 hands and legs with Bale +2 head would win by a bigger margin when the conditions are met.
 Bismarck.Stani
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-03-02 04:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Are there any plans to improve the gear section? Many of the gear sets are obsolete or incorrect, and few are described in much detail. Things like Subjob, intended LR/Magic Haste levels for the set, intended target, x-hit achieved, etc relevant information.

Edit: And a section explaining the effects of LR+Haste+Marches/Embrava on the amount of gear haste you have to use would probably be useful. It's kind of a huge part of the job...
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-03-02 08:23:36
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Are there any plans to improve the gear section? Many of the gear sets are obsolete or incorrect, and few are described in much detail. Things like Subjob, intended LR/Magic Haste levels for the set, intended target, x-hit achieved, etc relevant information.

Edit: And a section explaining the effects of LR+Haste+Marches/Embrava on the amount of gear haste you have to use would probably be useful. It's kind of a huge part of the job...

Care to provide some examples?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-02 09:35:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stani said: »
It's kind of a huge part of the job...

not all marches/embrava are equal, those sets are highly variable
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-02 18:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Care to provide some examples?
Exactly what I've pointed out a few times. Better to provide targets and concepts than a bunch of badly contexted sets. This might be acceptable for the magic sets since there aren't a lot of sidegrades, except for the stupid Fast Cast set with no real purpose but Utsusemi which no DRK should be casting anymore.

Other example would be the Enif body in the supposedly 'low end' sets. Who the hell is gonna be rocking Enif that can't get Phorcys by doing 80-floors?

Random Entropy sets strewn about with silly things like an assumed +INT augmented Diamond Ring.

Liberator, Apoc, and Ragnarok sets all shuffled together under 'high end' but no proper high end OAT set despite me posting it on four pages now. Capped haste and AM sets with no particular annotation of their purpose.

Apoc AM sets completely separate from other stuff when there's a whole thread that could be linked to instead or being paired with an AM-down set.

Raw -PDT and -MDT sets with no concept of hybridization.

At a bare minimum it all needs to be organized by weapon, because that's the biggest determinate in whats a low/medium/high-end set for you.

Not to knock Quetz, because he's awesome for doing this in the first place, but I don't think he understood half those sets or why he shouldn't be just throwing them in there.

And don't get me started on how hard he lowballs Fulgurante.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-03-02 18:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Other example would be the Enif body in the supposedly 'low end' sets. Who the hell is gonna be rocking Enif that can't get Phorcys by doing 80-floors?
Enif is actually pretty easy to get if you have a twilight scythe/formless strikes/requiescat. But I agree it should be mid-tier at the lowest.

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Random Entropy sets strewn about with silly things like an assumed +INT augmented Diamond Ring.
I don't see what's wrong with that, but should definitely have side-grade or downgrades since we all hate augments.

The rest I pretty much agree with 95%.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-02 18:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Problem with the Enif set is it's showing Fulgurante, so it should be a Murzim for later hitbuilding unless you know somebody just giving Arch Hearts away or you're making Ragnarok before you get Phorcys. That's part of the whole half-baked-ness of listing a bunch of sets: no progression, no planning, no contingencies... A bunch of great setups that are just gonna have somebody running around in half-cocked garbage until they complete them.

Shyral's post up above demonstrates exactly what it results in: more questions than answers.
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-03-03 16:50:00
Link | Citer | R

Curious about Apoc sets since I don't see many really specified in the OP as to what buffs they're used with.

I'm kind of in the dark as to what I should be shooting for or if I should be using /SAM or /WAR on DRK with Apoc. Also wondering how much haste I actually need with marches/haste/LR up.

/SAM AM up set (5-hit):

/SAM AM down set (5-hit):

/WAR AM set (6-hit):

/WAR AM down set (6-hit):

Are any of those remotely accurate? Without any kind of regain, at least. :S
 Ragnarok.Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-03-03 17:03:02
Link | Citer | R

I dont like that forced using of Huginn feet on Apoc, I mean, they are awesome, but theyre not even close to be good if used in situation when u need a bit of acc.

I like how u make up of the haste loosing from ogier's hands with phos belt+1 and feet but again, if u need acc those sets gonna blow
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-03-03 17:04:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm never going to be using Apoc in a situation that actually needs accuracy. I'm only making it to screw with. Anything that matters Rag's quite obviously better for damage output.

edit: I plugged those into spreadsheets, but I just don't really know what to compare them to is the only reason I ask if I'm on the right track lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 206 207 208