(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 206 207 208
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-01-29 13:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Spaced askar D: you could just fulltime phorcys like people on asura though!

Betting she doesn't have much other gear to make askar stp too vital though at the moment
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-29 13:24:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fondue said: »
Spaced askar D: you could just fulltime phorcys like people on asura though!

Betting she doesn't have much other gear to make askar stp too vital though at the moment

Have someone pop a tyger and get aurum ;3
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-29 14:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
There is never any VW here. Those stuff is by far the hardest to get for me. Don't even feel like shouting since I don't know anyone here.

Limbus I was reluctant just cause I didn't want to add another thing to the to-do list(it's pretty huge). I understand it's not hard, I just have a lot of restraints right now.
Uptala you can set up and take down pretty easy, plus he gives HMPouches. If you're worried about the mages getting hate on the adds, grab a PLD (one with Ochain is preferable but not necesarrily if you're getting procs often).
By Solrain 2013-01-29 14:55:07
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Caladbolg to make it worse! <3
Idk maybe I'll try to get an e.body somehow, but it seems very unlikely I'll ever get one at this point(all I do now is duo-trio, don't have an event ls anymore).

Nidhogg is really really easy for a duo/trio! Unless it's more of a gil issue which is totally understandable.

Regarding Ares' +1 in TP sets, I'm getting this:

Coming out ahead of the standard Pole(/Duplus) Grip/Phorcys Dirs on everything up until Ig-Alima.
By volkom 2013-01-29 15:07:34
Link | Citer | R

just put this quickly together. in between taking notes

thoughts? or just having ares as a tp set kinda meh?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-29 15:15:48
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

Phos over phasmida would also free up a ring slot, which in turn would free up the neck for rancor or mala (so would rose strap though).

Uh. Armada would also free up neck slot. Enif body would let you goading on waist and free up ring slot (allowing aforementioned changes).
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2013-01-29 16:48:03
Link | Citer | R

volkom said: »

I don't think using all that ares would it be worth it.
/sam 6 hit
/war 7hit I'd swap in Ares' hands legs, kokou, and probably Bale head
By Althyk 2013-01-30 11:17:23
Link | Citer | R

Quick question in-regards to Enif Corazza. What situation would be good to use in? I have both Amarada Hauberk (STP 6 & DA 3) & Valkyrie's Body (TA 3 & Acc 9). I've been creeping through other peoples sets, and even for LR/Embrava, I see more people use Aramada for apoc & rag. Is it just cause its hard to obtain? I'm just curious about when/where it would be useful before I invest my money on the ABCs to get it. My LS is 0/22 on body atm after getting one. I'd like to note that I don't ever plan on making a liberator.

>={D
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2013-01-30 11:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Althyk said: »
Quick question in-regards to Enif Corazza. What situation would be good to use in? I have both Amarada Hauberk (STP 6 & DA 3) & Valkyrie's Body (TA 3 & Acc 9). I've been creeping through other peoples sets, and even for LR/Embrava, I see more people use Aramada for apoc & rag. Is it just cause its hard to obtain? I'm just curious about when/where it would be useful before I invest my money on the ABCs to get it. My LS is 0/22 on body atm after getting one. I'd like to note that I don't ever plan on making a liberator.

>={D

Apocalypse Aftermath 5 hit regain sets.
By Althyk 2013-01-30 11:27:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Chomeymatt said: »

>={D

Are there other situations that it would be good in other than that?
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2013-01-30 11:28:13
Link | Citer | R

No
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-30 11:31:54
Link | Citer | R

>={D

Are there other situations that it would be good in other than that?
Twilight Scythe sets.
 Bismarck.Tekumi
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Tekumi
By Bismarck.Tekumi 2013-01-30 11:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys i'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and just got my second NNI win. I previously picked Phorcys body and now don't know which is the best pick for my next piece.

My current TP set. As of right now i don't have armaberk but working on it and should have one in a week or so.

Any feed back would be great guys! Thanks
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2013-01-30 12:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tekumi said: »
Hey guys i'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and just got my second NNI win. I previously picked Phorcys body and now don't know which is the best pick for my next piece.

My current TP set. As of right now i don't have armaberk but working on it and should have one in a week or so.

Any feed back would be great guys! Thanks

Phorcys Dirs then Salade
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-30 12:59:59
Link | Citer | R

>={D

Not to mention TP in sets and areas where you can cap your haste
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-01-30 18:01:36
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, I just started gearing up DRK and would like an easy-to-gear setup until I'm able to obtain the better stuff. I'm referring to Abyssea-era gear. I will soon have my 99 OAT GS so we'll consider that my main weapon, and I won't be able to obtain a rose strap and Armadaberk anytime soon . I do have Mekira head/body, Houyi's gorget, Phasmida, and Ogier's hands/legs, but besides those, I'd rather not include VW stuff considering the randomness of it all. Again, this is just until I get some time to obtain the better gears. If you would be so kind, I'm looking for a TP and Reso set. I'll worry about the rest later on. Thank you!

Oh, and I did see the sets in the beginning of the thread, but the "returning player" sets are too, well, new playerish, lol, and the mid gear includes stuff I don't have much time for right now (basically the Enif pieces and Ganesha's Mala). Thanks for the help!
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-30 22:39:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
Hey guys, I just started gearing up DRK and would like an easy-to-gear setup until I'm able to obtain the better stuff. I'm referring to Abyssea-era gear. I will soon have my 99 OAT GS so we'll consider that my main weapon, and I won't be able to obtain a rose strap and Armadaberk anytime soon . I do have Mekira head/body, Houyi's gorget, Phasmida, and Ogier's hands/legs, but besides those, I'd rather not include VW stuff considering the randomness of it all. Again, this is just until I get some time to obtain the better gears. If you would be so kind, I'm looking for a TP and Reso set. I'll worry about the rest later on. Thank you!

Oh, and I did see the sets in the beginning of the thread, but the "returning player" sets are too, well, new playerish, lol, and the mid gear includes stuff I don't have much time for right now (basically the Enif pieces and Ganesha's Mala). Thanks for the help!

TP: Pole Grip or Rose Strap. Bale+2 Head/Hands/Body. Goading Belt. Blitzer Poleyn [Haste+3% ACC+7], Jingang Hose or Calmecac Trousers if ACC isn't an issue. Ace's Feet. Bale Choker (100% drop), Rancor Collar or Houyi's Gorget. Atheling Mantle. Bale+Brutal Earring. Tyrant's Ring. Rajas Ring. Ammo: Fire Bomblet, Bomb Core, White Tathlum or Hagneia Stone.

Reso: Pole Grip or Rose Strap. Twilight Helm or Mekira-oto. Grim Cuirass or Twilight Mail. Avant Hands+1, Bale+2 Legs/Feet, Soil Gorget/Belt. Atheling Mantle. Bale or Moonshade+Brutal Earring. STR+5~7 Rings. Ammo: Bomb Core, Fire Bomblet or Fracas Grenade.

Hope that helps!
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-01-30 23:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Quetzacoatl said: »

TP: Pole Grip or Rose Strap. Bale+2 Head/Hands/Body. Goading Belt. Blitzer Poleyn [Haste+3% ACC+7], Jingang Hose or Calmecac Trousers if ACC isn't an issue. Ace's Feet. Bale Choker (100% drop), Rancor Collar or Houyi's Gorget. Atheling Mantle. Bale+Brutal Earring. Tyrant's Ring. Rajas Ring. Ammo: Fire Bomblet, Bomb Core, White Tathlum or Hagneia Stone.

Reso: Pole Grip or Rose Strap. Twilight Helm or Mekira-oto. Grim Cuirass or Twilight Mail. Avant Hands+1, Bale+2 Legs/Feet, Soil Gorget/Belt. Atheling Mantle. Bale or Moonshade+Brutal Earring. STR+5~7 Rings. Ammo: Bomb Core, Fire Bomblet or Fracas Grenade.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot! I have mostly all of that already so it's very helpful. Looking forward to the better stuff :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Bikpik
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2013-01-31 08:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Hope that helps!

I'm kinda in this same boat, but I was wondering, if it's worth while to try and 5-hit with oat? or stick with a 6 or 7 hit depending on sub?
By Solrain 2013-01-31 12:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Bikpik said: »

Hope that helps!

I'm kinda in this same boat, but I was wondering, if it's worth while to try and 5-hit with oat? or stick with a 6 or 7 hit depending on sub?

6-hit /SAM is super easy with pretty standard, easy to get gear. Rajas/Brutal/Goading/Ace's Leggings as your only STP during your TP phase gives you a 6-hit with only 2/5 Resolution hits landing, and also happens to be a true 6-hit. 5-hitting /SAM takes a bit more "high end" gear - namely Phorcys head/legs, augmented Armadaberk, Hagneia, Tyrant's, Rose Strap, possibly Kokou's in some instances.

/WAR I'm not so sure on with OAT but I'll check it out in a sec.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-31 12:27:00
Link | Citer | R

Solrain said: »
6-hit /SAM is super easy with pretty standard, easy to get gear. Rajas/Brutal/Goading/Ace's Leggings as your only STP during your TP phase gives you a 6-hit with only 2/5 Resolution hits landing, and also happens to be a true 6-hit. 5-hitting /SAM takes a bit more "high end" gear - namely Phorcys head/legs, augmented Armadaberk, Hagneia, Tyrant's, Rose Strap, possibly Kokou's in some instances.

Entirely depends on what delay you're using. I also assume you meant 7-hit and 6-hit instead of 6/5 (unless you have a 500 delay GS).
By Solrain 2013-01-31 12:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Oh sorry, should have made it clearer who I was answering. I was referring to Bikpik's question, using OAT Fulgurante (480 delay) as the weapon. I'll edit the quote in to avoid confusion.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-31 12:46:24
Link | Citer | R

Oh sorry, should have made it clearer who I was answering. I was referring to Bikpik's question, using OAT Fulgurante (480 delay) as the weapon. I'll edit the quote in to avoid confusion.

derrrrrp. i forgot fulg was 480. I had did caladbolg and then rag so i havent had anything but loooow delay in forever. disregard that im an idiot
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-01-31 12:53:43
Link | Citer | R

Is that cuadata belt better than an ele belt for cata?
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-01-31 13:17:38
Link | Citer | R

I don't know but I know I would certainly try it on torcleaver.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-31 13:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fondue said: »
Is that cuadata belt better than an ele belt for cata?

Ele is better unless you need the attack.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-01-31 14:05:44
Link | Citer | R

This set is dedicated to Ash. Enjoy landing your aoe sleep.

[+]
 Fenrir.Evildemon
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-01-31 15:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
This set is dedicated to Ash. Enjoy landing your aoe sleep.

Hey, get back to your Drg threads! This is the Drk channel :P

But I will say I do like that set, will be great for ash so maybe he can sleep crabs in the dunes lololol
 Sylph.Kobe
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kobe
By Sylph.Kobe 2013-01-31 16:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Great post, just need someone to do this for samurai. As a player just coming back after 4 years off this helps a lot, thanks man.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-31 17:39:31
Link | Citer | R

First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 206 207 208