Forum » FFXIV » Suggestions » Enhanced Chocobo Mechanics
Enhanced Chocobo Mechanics
 Odin.Karusan
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 08:39:21
Link | Citer | R

Ability for Chocobo's to act more as a gaming companion as well as a mount with bigger personality. Possible characteristics could include:
* Following a player that's walking around when it's safe.
* If dismounted, will run away upon player agro/engagement.
* A chocobo that reaches a certain distance from the player would need to be called, possibly via a 'Chocobo whistle'.
* Building a relationship with your chocobo, possible sprinting, better digging, faster call time etc.
* Chocobo's could not follow you or be ridden into dungeons.
* Breeding of chocobos determines type of chocobo type, maybe one for distance travel that can jump/fly briefly to get pass certain ledges, possibly attack chocobos that can assist in combat.
* Being able to name your chocobo!!!

And that's all I can really think of right now. The relationship between player and chocobo hasn't been touched before. The existing chocobo structure is painful at times but the addition of a personality adds a completely new dimension of game play. Other than that it'd simply be fun.
[+]
 Fairy.Bruser
Serveur: Fairy
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-06-10 08:56:29
Link | Citer | R

I like this idea!
Have like a chocobo ranch/farm, where your chocobos that you breed can roam around!
heh, chocobo breeder job.

Also would like equipable armor that give certain stats/traits for chocobos (or the player.)
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 09:02:31
Link | Citer | R

A tiny addition to this, is a stay command, to make your chocobo wait for you there since you know you'll be getting agro soon :D

Well, Karu just pointed out the bit about having to call your chocobo if you got a certain distance from it, but it would be cool if it just stayed there and wandered around a small area like a mob waiting for you. Other players could see it waiting for you, and if you call it, other players would see it lift up it's head like it heard something, then run off.

A poorly trained chocobo might not come when first called, and would wander off when told to stay. It may also be scared off or killed by nearby monsters if not battle trained.

Your chocobo could die just like us if you leave them in an area where the mobs are too high, so a better trained chocobo would know whether to fight aggressive mobs or to run away.

Some sort of exp bonus would be rewarded for your chocobo fending off a monster attack, but not a lot since leaving it around to be attacked shouldn't be a good way to level up your chocobo <_<
 Siren.Narayan
Serveur: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-06-10 14:41:36
Link | Citer | R

Chocobo Knights :3 I wants
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-10 14:45:09
Link | Citer | R

Teach your chocobo to fight monsters and weapons of their own...
*** CHOCOBO FIGHTS!
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-06-10 14:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Bruser said:

Wouldn't this basically fall under Beastmaster?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-11 08:31:06
Link | Citer | R

Thoraeon said:
Bruser said:

Not at all, beastmaster charms mobs and uses jugpets, chocobo breeder would be more like a drg, with CHOCOBO ONRY as pet. However I'd love to see attack chocobos for all jobs, as they'd only be accessible in certain areas anyway. Each job could also have it's own unique differences to how it fights from the back of a chocobo.

Imagine if there were really fast mobs in the game that ran around so much you could only hunt them from chocobo O_O (think cacrot rapido, but fighting it from a chocobo) That's be awesome!
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-06-11 08:34:03
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

The thing I liked most would be the ability to dismount and remount the chocobo without having to resummon it. I also think chocobos should get something called Saddlebag. 80 more inventory spaces you can access at the chocobo stables or outside when you summon your chocobo by whistle.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-11 08:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Thoraeon said:
Bruser said:

Not at all, beastmaster charms mobs and uses jugpets, chocobo breeder would be more like a drg, with CHOCOBO ONRY as pet. However I'd love to see attack chocobos for all jobs, as they'd only be accessible in certain areas anyway. Each job could also have it's own unique differences to how it fights from the back of a chocobo.

Imagine if there were really fast mobs in the game that ran around so much you could only hunt them from chocobo O_O (think cacrot rapido, but fighting it from a chocobo) That's be awesome!

*Pictures a MNK riding a Chocobo by an Orc and punching it in the face while it passes by*
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-11 08:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Excesspain said:
Blazza said:
Thoraeon said:
Bruser said:

*Pictures a MNK riding a Chocobo by an Orc and punching it in the face while it passes by*

That reminds me, there'd have to be some way of stopping this from being broken and kicking mobs *** too much. Maybe chocobo fatigue (like digging) or if you take too much damage you get dismounted... Something to stop people from doing all their farming and such from chocobo lol... Maybe just that you need to dismount to get drops, or longer delays between engaging mobs.