users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » HSBC: Too Big for Jail
HSBC: Too Big for Jail
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2012-12-27 03:21:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Why can't shooters go after the bankers instead of schools?

The bankers aren't innocent.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-12-27 03:23:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Artemicion said: »
Would you say that our judicial system has valued money over principals at this point?

I laugh at the notion of using the word principals anywhere near our judicial system. Get caught with some weed and your *** fries in jail for life but manipulate our currency, indirectly finance terrorism and drug trafficking and it's all good because you're too powerful to be touched. The whole thing reeks of so much corruption I think at this point the CEO could come out on national television and laugh at the American people for putting up with this level of greed.

These people should be tarred and feathered and the dangerous precedents we're setting will reap poisonous fruits in the future. With no incentive to stop this destructive cycle and a refusal to break up these larger than life banks we doom ourselves to a future crisis that could make '08 look like a roadbump.

It's kinda funny and sad that such a simple notion that should essentially be a no-brainer is so laughably contrary to our current situation. I'm afraid it's going to take a pseudo-french revolution of sorts to really get back on the right track, but sadly, many people are simply uneducated, apathetic, or too comfortable to bother doing what needs to be done in concerns for our entire country's future, or world's future for that matter.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-12-28 07:10:23
Link | Citer | R

Is that your permission? =3
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-12-28 07:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »

The bankers aren't innocent.

That's the point and the press would have a field day talking about perhaps a legit shooting that made entire sense. Martyr ALL of the things!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-12-28 07:21:05
Link | Citer | R

That's the point and the press would have a field day talking about perhaps a legit shooting that made entire sense. Martyr ALL of the things!
Its time to go mobile...
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-12-28 09:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I just find it amusing that while we argue about *** like abortion and gay marriage the real enemies - if you want to call them that - lurk in the shadows, laughing as the pathetic pawns fight amongst themselves. Conservative? Liberal? Independent? More like peons who will continue to flounder about in the dark.

You mean make an election about small things? Where did I hear that before? Glad you all have finally realized though that the President's measure to save the financial markets, Dodd-Frank the 5000 pages monstrosity that no one read; the bill that we had to pass without reading cos it was so important and it would prevent an absolute collapse of the financial markets; was nothing but a huge bank bailout that only made the too big to fail banks even bigger and put the smaller community banks out of business.

Let's just forget about Dodd-Frank though and get back to the issues that are really important; like Romney's dog or Sandra Fluke's vagina.