There's always one >.>

FFXIV onry
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 00:46:29
Link | Citer | R

No ffxi for life. No real player would ditch this for something that just looks a little shinier
 Valefor.Integral
Serveur: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-06-10 00:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
No ffxi for life. No real player would ditch this for something that just looks a little shinier

and a little less mindnumbing
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 01:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Integral said:
Dasva said:

and a little less mindnumbing

mindnumbing!?! You fish too?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-10 01:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:

I might >.>; Hate feeling like I came in too late and everything's already been figured out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 01:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:

I might >.>; Hate feeling like I came in too late and everything's already been figured out.

Not everything has been figured completely.
Noone has figured out if NIN is a DD or a tank.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-10 01:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Well played lol

I'm aware there's a few thing's that haven't been figured out... AV, some details on MAcc, etc., but as a whole this game is a puzzle that's largely been solved. The big questions have basically been answered, and that takes away some of the appeal of the game for me. At this point it's a challenge to be the most efficient, whether through speed, low-manning, or solo capability, and odds are I'll never have the gear to maximize my potential and efficiency.
 Cerberus.Nieko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 01:35:11
Link | Citer | R

Now that i completely sympathize with. It would be nice to be amongst a team of newbs and all figure the game out together. I remember making my first trip from windy to jeuno as a 18mnk/war. [excitement]. Years later it's just not as fun or challenging anymore.
Also we know what almost everything does or is used for so there's no mystery to the game hardly at all... Other than that damn Outpost Warp ring I can't figure out for the life of me.
All in all tho, I am with Nightfyre, I will probably leave XI for XIV simply for the renewed excitement that came with being a complete idiot on how things work.
 Odin.Karusan
Serveur: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 01:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Nieko said:
Other than that damn Outpost Warp ring I can't figure out for the life of me.

Only works if your nation owns the OP.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Gameslave
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Gameslave
By Bahamut.Gameslave 2009-07-22 01:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Most of the epic stories of exploration and adventure that come from the players of Final Fantasy XI went through all of that as a close-knit linkshell, with screenshots, a real sense of accomplishment, and unforgettable memories, but all take place in the earliest years of the game's lifespan. That's what these games are about, or at least they should be, but Final Fantasy XI can't offer that anymore so I'm interested in Final Fantasy XIV for that reason.

Plus there WILL be a LOT of figuring things out as you go along instead of someone telling you what works and how to do things, becuase it's an entirely different character development system, which is a huge break not just from Final Fantasy XI, but current MMORPG's in general.

Here's to memories in the making...