Fulgurante - TP Sets.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Fulgurante - TP sets.
Fulgurante - TP sets.
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 13:13:40
Link | Citer | R

Dear fellow emo Dark Knights, I have a question.

I am satisfied with the nice blue Balin's Sword sitting on my back, until the day I farm myself up a Ragnarok, but until then it would be nice to work on some of my sets.

Having this GS, and just recently getting an Armageddon, I feel ready to start doing VW clears. Then I can join in with the general spamming that I see being shouted in Jeuno on a regular basis.

What kind of Store TP set should I be working towards? I do have some Store tp gears already... let me pull up what I have so far.

I don't like the Tactical Mantle, but I was using a scythe before, and it was recommended. Is Hagneia Stone the way to go here? Also with the way this GS works, wouldn't I end up over tping a lot more then usual?

I was also considering a 2 Hour set. Almost finished my Abyss Cuirass +2 body to give me 40 seconds of Blood Weapon, which will go really nice with this Great Sword. Do people still make zerg sets? It's been a long time since I had a proper zerg set (Since the DL days), so if anyone can post a good one, I would appreciate it.

Final note, any DRK out there who wants a nice weapon and don't have time/resources to build a Ragnarok, get this thing, all the trials are extremely easy, the only problematic one is Krabkatoa, but with a couple of friends you should be able to complete that easy enough too.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 14:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Slightly off topic, but would I be using /war all the time in VW, or only at higher tiers?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-12-07 14:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Made that for a friend based on wsing in brutal, and rajas (assuming /sam).

I don't know anything about /war. ew
 Odin.Inia
Serveur: Odin
user: Inia
By Odin.Inia 2012-12-07 14:31:28
Link | Citer | R

Most of that set looks good to me, but is there any alternative to the Phorcys gear? No plans to do NNI again, as the experience has been almost uniformly frustrating. I have Mekira body if that's at all helpful, but only NQ Mekira head.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-12-07 14:38:10
Link | Citer | R

uh, swap in zelus tiara, enif legs, aces leggings (feet) and goading belt?
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-12-07 14:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Is what I use for a 5-hit assuming you can land 3/5 hits of Resolution with Rose/Rajas/Brutal in WS with /SAM.

Edit: The Armada has 6Stp, 2DA, 6 Subtle blow.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 14:58:56
Link | Citer | R

So there's no immediate pieces I can get to upgrade my tp set without getting Armada/NNI/Limbus/VW gear?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-12-07 15:16:15
Link | Citer | R

rancor/mala.

dont wear tactical. id have to see what youre WSing in to get how much stp you need to tp in but id have to imagine theres a way you can put on atheling (youll still wind up with more attack swapping hagneia for bomb core.... not that drk should have too many att issues). That double is a nice boost.
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2012-12-07 15:20:25
Link | Citer | R

I'd go with something like this. The belt can be anything 6% or above aswell. But it helps make up for all the ACC that a normal OAT 5-hit would have due to phorcys + armada. And gives you a 6-hit WSing in only Rajas/Brutal. This is of course assuming /SAM.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-07 15:21:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
So there's no immediate pieces I can get to upgrade my tp set without getting Armada/NNI/Limbus/VW gear?

That's kind of a LARGE range of gears to exclude.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 15:30:07
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

So in other words you're saying no?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-07 15:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Well what I'm saying is you're pigeon-holing your options by a fair amount, I think. Just looking at that, it looks like a good 7-8 items you're potentially not looking to utilize.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-07 15:33:50
Link | Citer | R

I'd go with Sonoske's but idk about pole grip for OaT. I would think you'd need rose in that set up, but I'm not 100%.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-07 15:39:14
Link | Citer | R

56/20 and 57/17 are your STP targets for 5-hit.

/notSAM 5-hit:

You shouldn't really be in Enif. You should go to Pizza on hard targets before needing a raw accuracy body, and Aggressor+DE should easily put you over the top. Don't buy into this hypocritical notion that attack is easy to get but you should always eat curry-something. Don't even think about Enif+Tactical. The QA is nice, but devalued by already having a wicked fast cycle rate (and much of it going to TP overflow) and the 'would have DAed anyway' factor of OAT+/WAR.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 15:41:09
Link | Citer | R

Well that's the thing, I'm not purposely setting out to be the DRK that never does any of those events. I have been playing catchup for a while, getting Abyssea done, building empys, helping LS people out etc.

I wanted to make sure I had all the easy stuff done before I started to spam these events. That's the only reason I am asking if there is anything else I should get. I shall post my setups in a second.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 15:45:53
Link | Citer | R

My Standard TP set - Mostly Abyssea. Otherwise if I am outside I revert to my Store tp.

Resolution set - Rose or Pole can be used, depends what I am doing. Moonshade has TP Bonus and Attack.

The only immediate improvement I can see for Reso is a Strigoi Ring. Killed Ruthven a few times now and no drop, will get it eventually.

Aside from that I can't see much more improvement til I get Phorcys, Enif, Murzim, Armada, Ogiers etc.

Edit: Seen two people saw Dauntless Mantle now. How much better is it then Atheling and how do I even get hold of one? lol :)
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-07 15:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Well what I'm saying is you're pigeon-holing your options by a fair amount, I think. Just looking at that, it looks like a good 7-8 items you're potentially not looking to utilize.

From what I gather from OP, I don't think he means to exclude the content because he doesn't want to do it. Just doesn't have the means to do it for the time being.

To OP: I would at least start at Limbus and Voidwatch for gear. Limbus you can do with a small group of friends at least, and Voidwatch you can jump onto at any time there's a shout for it (whether it be yours or someone else's).
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-07 15:49:49
Link | Citer | R

Mekira-oto for WS.

Bit old-hat with the Blitz ring. Any time that thing is gonna be a significant increase, you're just gonna cap total haste anyway. Doesn't take SV Marches to make it pointless anymore.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 15:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Yes I helped my dad get a 90 Ukon, and he just recently got a Bravura, We wanted to do these events together but didn't want to get turned away for not having good enough weapons.

I was going to get my Gun to 90, but I can tell my dad is dieing to use that Ukon on something decent, so its time. Thanks for the help.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 15:51:15
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Mekira-oto for WS.

Bit old-hat with the Blitz ring. Any time that thing is gonna be a significant increase, you're just gonna cap total haste anyway...

Yea I changed that back today lol. Thought it would probably do better in that Abyssea situation where store tp from the Tyrants don't mean much. I got a NQ Mekira that I use on BST, looks like I'll be making that a priority to get the HQ..

By the time I get to do these events they will have nerfed Embrava too. No fun for me :(

Edit: Changed WS setup to Mekira. Will +1 when I get the coin.

Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-07 15:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Well VW has nothing to do with Embrava. It's all shout groups (or a lot of them). Limbus can be done without it as well, even neo limbus. Hell regular limbus zones can be low-manned pretty easily. I know for a fact you can solo a lot of zones for the chip sets and omega-ultima shouldn't be too big a deal to get the base armors if you were interested in enfif stuff.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 15:57:45
Link | Citer | R

Well VW has nothing to do with Embrava. It's all shout groups (or a lot of them). Limbus can be done without it as well, even neo limbus. Hell regular limbus zones can be low-manned pretty easily. I know for a fact you can solo a lot of zones for the chip sets and omega-ultima shouldn't be too big a deal to get the base armors if you were interested in enfif stuff.

Yes I have soloed a few zones lately trying to +1 my Beast Jackcoat. Already got an Omega set, and some Ultima Chips. Been wanting to do some of these but my LS is a pretty quiet, and small social linkshell with players who are much further behind.
 Asura.Hotsoups
Serveur: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-12-07 16:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Mekira-oto for WS.

Bit old-hat with the Blitz ring. Any time that thing is gonna be a significant increase, you're just gonna cap total haste anyway...

Yea I changed that back today lol. Thought it would probably do better in that Abyssea situation where store tp from the Tyrants don't mean much. I got a NQ Mekira that I use on BST, looks like I'll be making that a priority to get the HQ..

By the time I get to do these events they will have nerfed Embrava too. No fun for me :(

Edit: Changed WS setup to Mekira. Will +1 when I get the coin.

Should prioritize Avant guantlets +1(Till phorcys), and I believe you'll get more out of a Grim Cuirass than twilight. Also swap bale earring to Brutal earring! :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:01:48
Link | Citer | R

Avant Gauntlets +1 and Grim are better then Twilight and Bale Hands??????

Guess I have more to add to the shopping list. Thanks.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-07 16:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Well the bale hands aren't really adding a damn thing accept minor acc and some attack. Str boost on a 100% stat mod WS is kind of a big deal.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-07 16:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Relic +2 hands are a good all-around useful piece that can go in that slot too. For DMS and bonus DE duration you should have them anyway.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Ohhh I put the wrong ones in. It's meant to be Abyss Gauntlets +2.

Avant beats Abyss +2?

Ninja Edit: Yes I have used my Abyss Gauntlets for a long time, for Dark Magic, and now specifically weaponskills.
 Asura.Hotsoups
Serveur: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-12-07 16:14:14
Link | Citer | R

Ohhh I put the wrong ones in. It's meant to be Abyss Gauntlets +2.

Avant beats Abyss +2?

Yar, the 2% double attack and 1 STR will beat out the 6 attack. And on harder stuff the Avant gauntlets +1 have much needed accuracy for a Fulgurante user.

Also while we're adding stuff to the Dark Knight shopping cart, get a fracas grenade for Resolution! :D
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:19:20
Link | Citer | R

Damn, my Beastmaster is going to need a serious workout to get all this gear.

Ok so "The List"...

Avant Gauntlets +1 - 800k
Mekira-Oto +1 - 5 Mil
Grim Cuirass +1 - 2.5 Mil+
Fracas Grenade - 600k
[+]
 Leviathan.Ruvion
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ruvion
By Leviathan.Ruvion 2012-12-07 16:22:54
Link | Citer | R

I just would like to question an age old debate. Going back to the soboro sam days, I was told that an OaT weapon can't double attack. Yet I see alot of sets with double, triple and even quadruple attack gear. A weapon like this is going to swing like crazy anyway so why not replace those DA/TA/QA items with more useful items?
First Page 2 3