Forum » FFXIV » General » Aussies and FFXIV
Aussies and FFXIV
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-08 04:55:10
Link | Citer | R

For those of you that speak English (everyone reading this I'm assuming) that live in or around the Australian time-zone, I'd like to suggest that we pick a server as soon as the names are announced, and all go there. I'd like to get in nice and early so that everyone can organise with their respective linkshells or friends if need be.

As you've noticed, there have been issues for most Aussies doing end-game, so I think this is a good idea to help us out all the way through the game. I am planning on bringing as much of my current LS as I can over to XIV, which I hope will come to include a bunch of you lot as well.

That's about it, thoughts, opinions and expressions of interest all welcome, and as I expect this thread to die in a fire, I will be re-creating it in about a years time :p
 Fairy.Konatax
Serveur: Fairy
user: Konata
By Fairy.Konatax 2009-06-08 04:57:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm not aussie
Good idea =)
 Asura.Rhunn
Serveur: Asura
user: Rhunn
By Asura.Rhunn 2009-06-08 06:15:40
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like a good idea
 Fairy.Alynn
Serveur: Fairy
user: Alynn
By Fairy.Alynn 2009-06-08 06:24:43
Link | Citer | R

I'm totally up for this, :)! I'm a New Zealander but.. my time zone is pretty close :D
 Garuda.Tyfoon
Serveur: Garuda
user: TYF00N
By Garuda.Tyfoon 2009-06-08 06:26:28
Link | Citer | R

iam not a aussie alien but, that sounds like a good plan :D
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-08 08:34:18
Link | Citer | R

This pretty much applies to everyone in our timezone that won't end up in a JP linkshell. It's something we've (Blaz and I) tried to do in FFXI but haven't been able to because Odin has been closed off but also because we know how more beneficial it can be for everyone to be on a level playing field with the rest of the world once FFXIV is released from the get go.

Hopefully we'll be able to get some beta players in to see what it's like but in the meantime all we can really say is *watch this space* haha.
 Garuda.Amara
Serveur: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-10 02:22:44
Link | Citer | R

You could probably get people that are in NA and work midnights... Australia is approx. 12hours ahead of me give or take depending on location on your fine little island nation. But for me... endgame can be a pain in the ***. Lack of sleep or no endgame at all because of my schedual.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-10 02:25:49
Link | Citer | R

Just like our current linkshell. No matter where you are in the world, if you feel you'd be better off playing with people in our timezone, then join whatever server we end up on.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-10 06:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Just to give you an idea of world times, this is the timezone we currently start some events at in FFXI:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=5&day=26&year=2009&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=57&sort=2

Most people will start to log in about that time weekdays with people up until maybe 7 hours after that.
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-06-10 07:37:19
Link | Citer | R

^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [265 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2010-03-01 22:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Necro

Also a shameless advertising for our Aussie linkshell now that Odin is opening back up again in March, especially if you want to get to know some Aussies prior to making a jump to FFXIV.

All levels are welcome