Are Republican Voters Paranoid?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are Republican Voters Paranoid?
Are Republican Voters Paranoid?
By Sieha1 2012-11-14 09:18:54
Link | Citer | R

So can we be done with the republican hating threads already. It is getting old. Lets talk about some mother not taking her kids to the doctor for religious reasons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-14 09:20:50
Link | Citer | R

Make a thread about it, with a news link, and it shall be done
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-11-14 09:23:18
Link | Citer | R

Sieha1 said: »
So can we be done with the republican hating threads already. It is getting old. Lets talk about some mother not taking her kids to the doctor for religious reasons.

And then we discover she voted Romney, and we're right back to square one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2012-11-14 09:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh, you silly billy.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-11-14 09:32:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm an Independent who leans left, and honestly, I probably would have reacted similarly. If someone comes to my door, before I even open it I look out the window. If I know and trust the person, I will toss the door open and invite them in. If I do not know the person, I will open the door only a little, enough that we can see each other and carry on a conversation but not enough that they could see into the room behind me, and I ask what they would like. Being cautious when opening the door to strangers may be paranoid, sure, but there are just enough lunatics in this world for me to feel like it's necessary not to just openly trust strangers.

If they are selling me politics, religion, or products I don't need, I'll generally smile and say no thanks and close the door-- whether or not I agree with their stance on politics, religion, or think whatever product they are selling is fascinating. Very few people are likely to change their mind based on a stranger harassing them in their homes. I feel that it's a waste of both my time and the stranger's time to allow them to sit there and try to sell me a product or idea when I already know what I'm doing and have everything I need. I'm sorry, I know that sounds very rude and strangers knocking on doors are people too. But I've never met someone who actually enjoyed any sort of salesperson coming up to them in their home. It's a situation that can make people resent you whether they agree with you or not. (If they are there for a different reason, like looking for information on my stances instead of trying to sell me theirs, or they are lost and need directions, etc etc, I will of course try to help them out.)

On top of that, people get bombarded with political stuff so much that by the time the presidential election is over, they are sick to death of it. After about a week straight of getting 3+ political pamphlets for state elections in my mailbox every single day, I will be very annoyed when I see another one in there, I give zero darns who it's for. After months of hearing political ads on the radio every time I take a ride in my car, I'd rather drive wherever I'm going in silence, never mind who the ads are for. Add that to people actually coming to my home, and it's a lovely recipe for anger.

Now, is it ridiculous that people were threatening bodily harm to you or yelling at you? Yes, that's pretty awful and unnecessary. :-( I'm sorry that happened to you and you are right, it's not normal behavior. Perhaps they were overly sensitive following Romney's loss, perhaps they felt you were there to gloat. Either way, simply saying no thanks and shutting the door would have been more appropriate. But this isn't limited to republicans. I'm sure that if the tables were 100% turned-- that is, Romney had won, and republicans were going to the houses of democrats to try to persuade them to vote for other republicans, similar things would happen. It's kinda like rubbing salt in their wounds, I suppose.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2012-11-14 09:35:56
Link | Citer | R

I answer my door with a water filled rechargable fire extinguisher... regardless of who is knocking... op got off easy
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2012-11-14 09:36:37
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said: »

And then we discover she voted Romney, and we're right back to square one.

nobody voted for romney.... don't you read the news?
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-14 09:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Living in Canada, where we are typically seen as leaving the door open to strangers, i don't find it the least bit paranoid to be cautious enough to open the door part way. It still leaves a barrier, but also welcomes someone to say something in person.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-14 09:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I answer my door with a water filled rechargable fire extinguisher... regardless of who is knocking... op got off easy

Oh Niko, so much love and hate comically intertwined. So glad you'll have front row seats to the world burning.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2012-11-14 09:40:50
Link | Citer | R

top of the smoking pile, best seats in the house...
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-11-14 09:52:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure if this has ever been posted before, but here's a fun political test to find out where you really stand.

Here's my results

Compared to some world Leaders:
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-11-14 09:52:22
Link | Citer | R

Is there a Petreaus thread we got going on and I don't see it?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2012-11-14 10:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Fun test.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-11-14 10:29:15
Link | Citer | R

I have almost the exact same results as Zicdeh. ^^ Cool!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-14 10:32:59
Link | Citer | R

This is where i stand according to this test.

not too far off from Ghandi.
 Alexander.Sumo
Serveur: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2012-11-14 10:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Liela said: »
I'm an Independent who leans left

Not sure what being Independant has to do with it, but you may have an inner ear infection.

Odin.Liela said: »
I give zero darns

Oh Liela, you are just so darned cute.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-11-14 10:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Surprisingly no...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-11-14 10:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Living in Canada, where we are typically seen as leaving the door open to strangers, i don't find it the least bit paranoid to be cautious enough to open the door part way. It still leaves a barrier, but also welcomes someone to say something in person.

I wish i could be that trusting of people. Lol
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-11-14 10:51:16
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Surprisingly no...
Id make a thread on it but so much news still coming out, dunnon where to start!
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-14 10:54:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

I wish i could be that trusting of people. Lol

Quite a profound number of Americans keep saying that, very few rarely comply with their own wishes on that matter. Reasonably so.
By angrykitty 2012-11-14 11:16:04
Link | Citer | R

wow, interesting test. For a second i thought i was playing darts with it.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-11-14 11:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Darn it, I was aiming for commie red.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-14 11:36:50
Link | Citer | R

It's not getting old if people insist on supplying the material.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-11-14 11:37:17
Link | Citer | R

Those questions are lulzy on that test? It's like something you'd find in Cosmo. The questions are so ridiculously slanted taht anyone will place themselves right in the middle of everything to not sound ridiculous. It is also very leftleaning.

Like this question:
"It is regrettable that many personal fortunes are made by people who simply manipulate money and contribute nothing to their society."

The only option is to agree or disgree that it is regrettable, which means that you have to accept the premise as true that people that succeed manipluate money and contribute nothing.

Better off just taking a Cosmo sex quiz. See if you score more like Petraeus or Clinton.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2012-11-14 11:40:08
Link | Citer | R

fox news and msnbc hasn't told us how to feel about this yet....

the whole thing makes me queasy.. don't talk to me about paranoia when the fbi has every email that everyone petreaus ever met wrote to other people about the most intimate details of a secret affair nobody was supposed to know about.

I'm waiting for them to start whipping out his kindergarten artwork and start psychoanalyzing how they knew early on he was going to be trouble...
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-11-14 11:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Michizane said: »
I live in the Suburbs of St. Louis County and this election cycle I decided to volunteer and work for the Missouri Democratic Party to help get Sen. Claire McCaskill re-elected. I mainly went out canvasing to help ID and persuade voters for Claire McCaskill. When doing this of course I ran into some hardcore republican voters.

First of all, thank you. I mean that. Someone like Akin has no business in 21st century national office.

Sylph.Michizane said: »
Every time I knocked on the door of a republican voter they would only half open their door, question me way I was there, and as soon as I said I was with the Dem. they said go away and closed the door. Some took it a step farther went on wild rants, and others even threaten me. I never saw this at any of the houses voting Dem. Even the Rep. who were voting Mitt Romney, but not Todd Akin acted like sane normal people. I know most people are going to say "Oh, those are the dumb redneck republicans..." However the house with the loonies were only in extremely wealthy subdivisions.

So this begs me to ask the question, are hardcore Republicans voters insane? I mean who shouts at a volunteer "The Dems want to kill us all!" or even threaten to have their husband beat me up if I came there ever again. This isn't normal behavior.

I think you are generalizing too much. But I also think that a black "liberal" president in office has caused a lot of outrageous behavior in white Americans who are suffering from diagnosed or undiagnosed mental illness.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2012-11-14 11:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Im sure when you sign up to lead the CIA you give up a good deal of your privacy.

Petreaus isn't worthy of a thread until people start answering questions especially him. The situation is so ridiculous and the timing of everything is even worse. Can't make any presumptions, but so many questions need to be asked before anyone can pretend to know what happened. Unbelievable though how this man's risk/reward calculator completey gets tossed out the window for sex.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-11-14 11:56:42
Link | Citer | R

fox news and msnbc hasn't told us how to feel about this yet.... the whole thing makes me queasy.. don't talk to me about paranoia when the fbi has every email that everyone petreaus ever met wrote to other people about the most intimate details of a secret affair nobody was supposed to know about. I'm waiting for them to start whipping out his kindergarten artwork and start psychoanalyzing how they knew early on he was going to be trouble...

I think the funniest part about all this is that a used car salesmen can carry on an affair for the majority of his life, but the supposed head of "Intelligence & espionage" can't pull it off. hilarious. I'd resign too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-11-14 12:00:35
Link | Citer | R

fox news and msnbc hasn't told us how to feel about this yet.... the whole thing makes me queasy.. don't talk to me about paranoia when the fbi has every email that everyone petreaus ever met wrote to other people about the most intimate details of a secret affair nobody was supposed to know about. I'm waiting for them to start whipping out his kindergarten artwork and start psychoanalyzing how they knew early on he was going to be trouble...
Sure they have... fox news wants us to believe that it is a conspiracy to keep Petraeus off the stand about benghazi and also that it was some kind of election scandal kept secret til the day before the election... basicially conspriacies everywhere!!!!!!

MSNBC no longer exists man!!!

the biggest worry I guess was how much information this owman had about petraeus and allens whereabouts all the time... more conspiracy suggestion that she was hurting for the dolla dolla bill yo and would provide that info for cash money...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-11-14 12:02:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Im sure when you sign up to lead the CIA you give up a good deal of your privacy. Petreaus isn't worthy of a thread until people start answering questions especially him. The situation is so ridiculous and the timing of everything is even worse. Can't make any presumptions, but so many questions need to be asked before anyone can pretend to know what happened. Unbelievable though how this man's risk/reward calculator completey gets tossed out the window for sex.
The head of the CIA doesn't answer to many people... I doubt he has to provide a whole lot of info to anyone let alone anything that would be visible to anyone but a handful of people... beyond that... he is succeptible to an investigation as any government employee would be... probably less so unless there is a concern...

Edit: also, I believe patraeus forced quite a few people out of the military for infidelity... as i'm told its a court martiable offense in the military... I guess he had a lot of pent up stuff going on as he claims he waited til he was out of the military to act on this..

Petraeus' wife...

Petraeus' mistress...
[+]