ACP And Other Armors.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » ACP and other armors.
ACP and other armors.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2012-11-12 08:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Of the mini expansion armors, I was wondering what would be ideal for Corsair.

I left the game shortly after getting my ACP armor, which I turned into a Quick Draw piece. But with Abyssea, and having to relevel everything, I'm looking at what's the best long term investment in stats.

I would assume, Quickdraw piece is still a nice way to go for the body.

For the head, I would have probably made Slug Shot piece, with acc bonuses, but I don't know what Abbysea has, and haven't experienced alot of the newer content.

For legs, I would have gone phantom roll delay and movement.

So.. assuming I'll be leveling to 99, and these items would be gear swaps at best... what's the thought on these pieces being used at 99, and would I just be mogging them later?

Appreciate your thoughts. ~ DT
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-12 09:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Head Str+4 ws acc+15 agi+4 ws damage+2%. Can also be used for wildfire.
Body, QD-5 MAB+4.
Legs, Phantom Roll + mab. (works as a QD piece as well)

Make Armageddon asap.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2012-11-12 09:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Head Str+4 ws acc+15 agi+4 ws damage+2%. Can also be used for wildfire.
Body, QD-5 MAB+4.
Legs, Phantom Roll + mab. (works as a QD piece as well)

Make Armageddon asap.

Wasn't too far off then in my line of thinking. Thanks. That was the stats on mybody piece I had before.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2012-11-12 10:13:11
Link | Citer | R

honestly, all those pieces are kinda bad now compared to emp armor +2. i havnt played cor much so i really cant speak for the gear it uses but i would take a look at the emp gear and even the relic +2 before deciding what to augment those pieces with.

for ex- thf emp gear is awesome, but relic +2 gives treasure hunter +2. which is hands down a better piece for farming so despite having the full emp+2, i keep the relic hands on

and for blm. the emp+2 is extremely powerful, but i still macro in the artifact for enfeebling and dark magic and the relic as well
 Phoenix.Bohgo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-11-12 10:22:21
Link | Citer | R

The head with ws dmg and mab is good for brewing, which is basically only done now when feeling lazy. I would probably get more use out of waltz augments on it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-12 10:26:03
Link | Citer | R

Mirke is QD/mab. Period.

Legs you should get PR recast and the second whatever else you need, there are a few useful things(mab, pdt...don't put movement, you can get w legs).

On head I have snapshot and mdt.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2012-11-24 20:15:01
Link | Citer | R

In a second note, I also have DRK leveled. Can I safely assume this mod gear better suits COR than DRK?

Hard to imagine with all the gear out their for DRK what I would make other than a nuke set... and that seems a bit wasted.

And third.. I'll be leveling Scholar once I finish with those two. Same question jobs reversed :P

Though for the time being, I'm going to assume of those three jobs, Corsair benefits the most.