What Do You Think About FFIV?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » What do you think about FFIV?
What do you think about FFIV?
 Ramuh.Thayil
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Thayil
By Ramuh.Thayil 2009-06-05 21:33:39
Link | Citer | R

I think FFXIV is ***. SE has had absolutely terrible customer service and communication with FFXI, and I don't expect it will be much better with FFXIV. Seriously, a whole new game? I've spent way too much time in this goddamn game already, and now they want me to start over from zero? *** that. Unless SE offers significant incentive to long-time FFXI players, and shows that it has a much better community outreach, customer service and GM system, I won't even consider playing it.
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
Serveur: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-06-05 22:17:22
Link | Citer | R

I think FFIV rocks my socks. I have the DS version and I still play it a ton.
 Pandemonium.Melaise
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Melly
By Pandemonium.Melaise 2009-06-05 22:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Honestly when I first was told about it I was like hell no, there goes FFXI and it's playerbase. Then I started to warm up to it.. still dunno if I'm gonna play it though. Don't want to get sucked into another MMO. If it's easier to just play/drop whenever and not as much of a time sink like FFXI (as much as I love this game, we all know it's a huge effing time sink) then there's a better chance I'll play. I was planning on getting a PS3 anyways. <.<!

On a side note.. I'm totally looking forward to FF13, looks pretty awesome :3 That chick in the trailer with the long hair is hawt.
 Leviathan.Laoshi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Symbol
By Leviathan.Laoshi 2009-06-05 22:48:10
Link | Citer | R

why would anyone think our characters would be transferred? Seriously that would just spoil the entire game."o hay I r 75 and u r 1 , and this game haz been out for 1 week" >_> its not going to happen.
 Valefor.Whitetiger
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Whitetiger 2009-06-06 16:33:27
Link | Citer | R

I failed the title, /laugh
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Etoilemourante 2009-06-06 17:05:19
Link | Citer | R

only good if possible got savagarde FFXI on XIV ... restart 6year game to zero no tkx
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Sanchez
user: MrSanchez
By Ramuh.Sanchez 2009-07-13 03:47:33
Link | Citer | R

No thanks put to much work into FFXI
 Asura.Artemicion
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-13 04:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Thayil said:
I think FFXIV is ***. SE has had absolutely terrible customer service and communication with FFXI, and I don't expect it will be much better with FFXIV. Seriously, a whole new game? I've spent way too much time in this goddamn game already, and now they want me to start over from zero? *** that. Unless SE offers significant incentive to long-time FFXI players, and shows that it has a much better community outreach, customer service and GM system, I won't even consider playing it.

Sorry for the necro post but, the thing is the moment you pick up an MMO of any kind, you're going to have to eventually come to terms that all your hard work and dedication to the game and your character is only worth as much as you feel it's worth and lasts only as long as you keep playing.

Like it or not, FFXI was a 7 year long guinea pig experiment we all took part in so SE can give us a fresh coat of paint on an old concept that we still currently play. FFXI is kind of rough around the edges but still enjoyable, and I'm sure will still go fairly strong even after XIV's release. We'll have to wait and see how it goes until we can really say anything for sure.

At the very least SE is dropping POL and their godawful service.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-13 04:19:26
Link | Citer | R

Again sorry for the double post, the short and sweet version I was trying to get across from the get go:

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch over this and feels slighted that this will dominate over XI needs to realize that they're both completely separate games. If you still feel attached to what you've done in XI; then by all means keep playing it. If you want a change of scenery then pick up XIV when it comes out and hopefully it will be equally enjoyable if not more so than XI was.
 Bismarck.Marinae
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Filiros
By Bismarck.Marinae 2009-07-13 04:29:38
Link | Citer | R

"The soft pan flute hums the soft requiem in tune with Ronfaure, the past of forgotten temples that have laid burden, a Paladin Reborn."

I was thinking of the Game boy Advanced Cartridge Version or so.

"Wii", might as well say that it's, "Kokiri Forest" (Legend of Zelda OoT N64)

(j/k)
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-13 04:31:16
Link | Citer | R

Thayil said:

This sort of attitude just makes me want to play 14 even more and even makes me consider ditching 11 when I do. I'd love to leave tossers like this behind.
[+]
 Ramuh.Arnomoritz
By Ramuh.Arnomoritz 2009-07-14 09:40:05
Link | Citer | R

I notice a lot of people wanting this for the 360 and really this is a TERRIBLE idea
first of all whether people like it or not the ps3 capabilities trump the 360 sure there are pros to the 360 such as a better online service but over all the 360 can not do everything a ps3 can do.

storage capacity plays a key role in this, blu ray discs can hold so much more data than the 360 discs can that if SE designed this game around the 360's capacity FFXIV would have diminished quality

over time microsoft will probably be able to produce larger dics so that part of the problem would be solved but i dont think that is the the only problem with the 360 capabilities but maybe we could see it in a few years after 14 hits the market

to be clear im not trash talking the 360 I have one myself and it's wonderful but i would rather not see it on the 360 if it means se will make a higher quality game

take FFXI for example, we already miss out on all kinds of things because of the ps2 limitations SE had to base every thing they implement around these limitations

would you want FF14 dying earlier on and not being as good because they designed it around the 360
for some people it's a money issue but FFXIV is a year away and the price will drop and considering you can get a used one now for 300$ it will be much cheaper next year

and if you're an unfortunate 360 owner like me you'll end up getting the red ring of death and having to buy a new 360 anyay, i'm on my third
[+]
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-07-14 12:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Thayil said:

Well, it's not SE's fault persay, more of POLs. And since XIV won't require POL I'm willing to give them another chance.

Though I do wish some of the ideas they're talking about in XIV they'd do in XI. 30 day payment cycle for XI would be awesome.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-14 12:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Did someone say XIV?
DO WANT.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-14 12:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Moved here... No double threads please. Thanks.

Mogue said:
This is what that other thread should have been about!

Share your favorite story / plot segment / game feature about the best game of the franchise!

Easy choice for me...

Corrderio said:
Most. Memorable. Scene. EVER.

And for my favorite song:

While FF6 is my favorite FF4 gives it a run for it's money for having one of the best storylines in the series.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-14 12:39:51
Link | Citer | R

It wasn't a double. The other thread was about 4. This is 14.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-07-14 12:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Moved here... No double threads please. Thanks.

It wasn't, this should be renamed to "What do you think of FFXIV?"

Haseyo made the other thread as a joke.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-14 12:42:25
Link | Citer | R

I didn't even make that thread xD
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-07-14 12:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Don't matter... People already knew this was for 14. So just don't make another, an admin can try fix the title if they can.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-07-14 12:44:24
Link | Citer | R

My bad ;;>.>

I still say rename this thread then restore the IV one.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-14 12:49:23
Link | Citer | R

I don't plan to play FFXIV as of now. I'm perfectly happy with FFXI, and I don't have any desire to start back over at level 1. Also, they've said that FFXIV is 'completely different' from FFXI, and to be quite honest, FFXI is the only videogame I've ever played that I've liked (including other FF games. They just weren't my cup of tea.) So while that doesn't automatically mean I wouldn't like FFXIV, well, I don't see the point of buying a whole new system (I play on an Xbox), starting back over at level Nub, and investing a ton of time into a different game to see if I 'might' like it. (Someone said it sounds a bit like FF tactics. I wasn't fond of tactics. So likely I wouldn't be fond of FFXIV, anyways.)

Sorry for the wall of text. Just my thoughts and opinions. I'll be happy in FFXI for a good long while yet. :-)
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-14 12:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Your computer isn't good enough to play XIV?
 Fenrir.Shindo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-07-14 13:10:16
Link | Citer | R

I'll play it of course, I just hope SE takes steps to prevent all of the bad parts of XI from making it into XIV, like the runaway economy and rampant elitism.
 Seraph.Angrykitty
Serveur: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Angrykitty 2009-07-14 13:34:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Thayil said:

This sort of attitude just makes me want to play 14 even more and even makes me consider ditching 11 when I do. I'd love to leave tossers like this behind.

I agree.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-14 13:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Shindo said:
I'll play it of course, I just hope SE takes steps to prevent all of the bad parts of XI from making it into XIV, like the runaway economy and rampant elitism.
lol... Is this your first MMO?
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-14 13:44:19
Link | Citer | R

Tbest said:

I goof off on this site on my laptop, and no, it's not a gaming machine. It's for work and school, and simply isn't man enough to do anything else on.
 Asura.Kyofooyo
user: Kyofooyo
By Asura.Kyofooyo 2009-07-14 13:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I enjoyed the fact that the economy was able to go rampant. It gives it more of a real life thing, and also the ability to play the market to make a ***load of money. I'll likely play FFXIV if I can find some way to pay for it =) Hopefully it won't be delayed over and over.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-14 14:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Liela said:
Tbest said:

I goof off on this site on my laptop, and no, it's not a gaming machine. It's for work and school, and simply isn't man enough to do anything else on.
*Nods.* Well... Could always upgrade by then. =) I'm plannin on upgrading my laptop ~ a month before XIV comes out. My desktop could play it fine, but my laptop lags quite a bit dual-boxing XI... So, chances are it'd die trying to do XIV.