users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Meteor Set
Meteor Set
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-11-04 09:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Quick question, what are some of the better sets for casting Meteor in?
 Asura.Aikchan
Serveur: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-11-04 09:36:56
Link | Citer | R

others 5 blm w/ you.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By itchi508 2012-11-04 10:34:08
Link | Citer | R

MAB plays a big part in the spell wich is why people use Dorje or Mythic, but the rest of your gear should consist of INT and Magic Accuracy, if you have Dorje INT will out perform any additinal MAB peaces you may put on such as Sourcers belt will out perform Onieros sash. ( i dont have mythic so cant test) the spell does Crit. It doesnt MB, i did pretty extensive myself learning peace by peace what seems to be better, i am still learning myself but i made a spread sheet on gear with damage Results based on MAB Vs INT,i believe this is close to being best set up w/o owning (Akasha Chaps, Wanion belt, or a Laevateinn) any questions or advice please feel free to add input on what your thoughts are.

Dmg done in the set was 1,898 no food and /whm. Testing was done on Crawlers in yhoater jungle at the Crystal, reason being /whm you can teleport > test> warp> swop jobs to reset your ES then tele back to further test w/o waiting 10 min for ES, all testing was done solo to best perfect your dmg before teaming up with others.

By itchi508 2012-11-04 10:44:35
Link | Citer | R

That is the best possible set i have come up with, i tested AF3, Nares, and the following additional peaces and accessories like Strendu ring Vs Icesoul ring, searing sash Vs goetia mantle ect. I have spread sheet i made if u intereested i can share it, please post your damage so i can have somthing to refer to bysides my own results
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-11-04 11:09:36
Link | Citer | R

This should cover you for meteor usage.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kimmy
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2012-11-04 11:32:19
Link | Citer | R

This has given me best results
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-04 11:38:43
Link | Citer | R

itchi508 said: »
the rest of your gear should consist of a evenly ballance of INT and Magic Accuracy
Typo? Also don't focus on "balance", focus on whatever gives you the best results slot-by-slot.
[+]
By itchi508 2012-11-04 11:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Depending in your race, and merits of course peace by peace but people should be testing them starting from naked to fully equipped comparing each peace like i have done which will take about 1-2 hours depending on how much gear you have thats meteor worthy
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2012-11-04 11:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kimora said: »

This has given me best results

Wouldn't an Icesoul ring and a Galdr ring provide better results?
Providing they're obtainable for you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kimmy
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2012-11-04 12:05:53
Link | Citer | R

Yes, but I do not have either. I have very little space, and I am okay with Tamas for now. After its update, I am hoping it will also be +7
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2012-11-04 12:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Ah I didn't know they was planning to increase Rajas/Tamas to 7. That's sweet.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-04 12:11:13
Link | Citer | R

They said they will think about improving the cop rings, but never promised anything. I doubt we'll see that happen to be honest.
[+]
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2012-11-04 12:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
They said they will think about improving the cop rings, but never promised anything. I doubt we'll see that happen to be honest.

people said that for so many things in the past. it is very possible that it will happen but knowing SE, maybe in another 2 years XD it just takes them forever to actually implement something they mention at some point....

itchi508 said: »
Depending in your race, and merits of course peace by peace but people should be testing them starting from naked to fully equipped comparing each peace like i have done which will take about 1-2 hours depending on how much gear you have thats meteor worthy

why did you have to remind of mg piece walker ; ;
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-11-11 13:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Thanks everyone. This isn't for me lol. My LS has six Meteor BLMs now, were discussing best sets to make for it and proper order / ect.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Barthalomew
Serveur: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2012-12-17 10:28:51
Link | Citer | R

This is my set as of today. Any ideas on bettering this?
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2012-12-17 10:51:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Barthalomew said: »

This is my set as of today. Any ideas on bettering this?

saevus pendant, strophadic earring (not so sure about this but INT plays big role here, depends on your total INT etc etc), pharmakeia robe, sorcerer's ring when applicable, othila sash, akasha chaps, Morrigan's pigaches +1
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2013-02-21 15:29:44
Link | Citer | R

(necro)

I'm not sure why, but the equation I am using in my TInspire calculator is getting different results for these sets...

I'm using (1 + (MAB/100) )*floor(INT + (Elemental Magic Skill/6) )*3.5 from BG. I'm getting better results from 2 INT7 rings rather than Galdr and an INT7...is this correct, or am I a complete failure at equations?