Dont Want Sc To Change Weapons While Engged

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Spellcast Scripting » White Mage » dont want sc to change weapons while engged
dont want sc to change weapons while engged
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-03 07:23:19
Link | Citer | R

i cant seem to get SC to not change my weapons while I'm engaged on my cure mule (for sunburst procs in aby)

Bonus question. i need my cure mule to swap to tp gear after casting While in engaged but to idle gear when not engaged.

Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-03 07:40:36
Link | Citer | R

I'd imagine you need to use elseif tags rather than solely if. Essentially, your rules aren't cooperating with each other at all.
 Sylph.Thelona
Serveur: Sylph
user: Thelona
By Sylph.Thelona 2012-11-03 07:45:23
Link | Citer | R

idk i generally do it inefficiently but i take the staves out of gearsets and only add them (in this example) to "if" non engaged rules, and keep them out of an engaged set
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-03 08:04:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
I'd imagine you need to use elseif tags rather than solely if. Essentially, your rules aren't cooperating with each other at all.

how so ?
The rules don't overlap so a run by the if rules will always results in one outcome only.
but i do need to put in some else-if just to save cpu cycles though

i just assumed that once it goes through the rules it will hit status = engaged so it will turn lock on.
Since it not an else-if it continues through the rules and gets to my spell sets and gears swap.
But since the slots are being set to locked from above rules it will not change those slot
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-11-03 08:44:12
Link | Citer | R

Code
<!--Aftercast Prep-->
		<if spell="Hastega"><var cmd="set Time precast" /></if>
		<elseif spell="autoset">
			<if status="resting"><var cmd="set Time resting" /></if>
			<elseif status="idle"><var cmd="set Time idle" /></elseif>
			<elseif status="engaged"><var cmd="set Time engaged" /></elseif>
		</elseif>
		<else><var cmd="set Time aftercast" /></else>
<!--End-->

<!--Aftercast-->
		<if status="engaged">
			<if equipfeet="Powder Boots"><equip when="$Time" set="NyzulTP" /></if>
			<else><equip when="$Time" set="TP" /></else>
		</if>
		<elseif status="resting"><equip when="$Time" set="Resting" /></elseif>
		<else><equip when="$Time" set="Stand" /></else>
		<if advanced='"$Time" = "precast"'><cancelspell /><return /></if>
<!--End-->

Try something like that. You can elaborate all you want on the rules in aftercast section, and it'll always put on appropriate idle/tp/resting gear after your spells with only one area to build cases. Where hastega is, you list all your dummy spells(toggles/etc).

I'm not sure why your staff lock isn't working, but what I have is:
Code
		<if advanced='"$Melee" = "1"'>
			<equip when="idle|engaged|resting|precast|midcast|aftercast">
				<main lock="t" />
				<sub lock="t" />
				<range lock="t" />
			</equip>
		</if>

with a dummy spell to turn melee variable on/off. I'd guess it's the lack of an equip tag listing when for your locks? You could just copy that rule and change it to engaged, though, if you don't feel the toggle is worthwhile.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-03 09:11:47
Link | Citer | R

@Leviathan.Comeatmebro

thank you the equip line did fix that. i assumed it need somehow to connect those "event" and not just to the status alone.

regarding you first thingy.
ima just read a bit into it.
there some to be some of stuff there that are unneeded for me and i need to understand it rather than just plain copy paste and fill out the blanks

But thy very much for the help
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-03 09:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

how so ?
The rules don't overlap so a run by the if rules will always results in one outcome only.
but i do need to put in some else-if just to save cpu cycles though

i just assumed that once it goes through the rules it will hit status = engaged so it will turn lock on.
Since it not an else-if it continues through the rules and gets to my spell sets and gears swap.
But since the slots are being set to locked from above rules it will not change those slot

This is generally what I'd like to assume is happening when I'm writing or modifying a spellcast, but if you have one rule telling it to do something and another rule telling it to do another, the results aren't exactly pleasing. Granted, it may not be specifically what's messing you up here, but it's sort of a good idea to not have a bunch of ifs on the same level of code handle gear swaps that can occur at the same time in such a basal manner. It's very beneficial to group code that performs functions at a given time. You sort of have to write it in a nothing-can-go-wrong idiot proof manner because the plugin, while intelligent, is very dumb.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-11-03 09:34:06
Link | Citer | R

jSut a little tidbit

im doing this atm

this will equip melee gear when starting to attack a mob
but still lock those weapon for the casting.

i think you can do something similir as an easy way to make aftercast gear in status engaged be tp gear