Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-12-04 04:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
A new week, a new batch of NM's!
Here's a bunch of classic bosses:

Tenzen and the Ark Angels weren't too bad. I recently did the fight with the Ark Angels and I died once I wasn't able to heal myself (*** you silence on a mage job), but all in all the fight seemed anticlimatic. Might've helped that we had like half an alli though, lol.

Another NM to put on my list: Kirin. He wouldn't be bad if I didn't eat a Stonega IV (that's another thing--why the hell do NM's get -ga IV's and BLM gets only III? IV should be a merit set at least!)...while I was observing OUTSIDE the party. WTF SE?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-04 04:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Pre-nerf Snoll fight was the worst thing ever for me for some reason.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-12-04 05:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Pre-nerf Snoll fight was the worst thing ever for me for some reason.

You mean the one in CoP?
If so, yea that one was pretty terrible...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-04 05:38:48
Link | Citer | R

yupasaurus rex
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-12-04 05:56:08
Link | Citer | R

I`d like to nominate shinryu, TH10 and blue proc and he didn't drop anything at all. Plus recently I got red on him for atma for my mule and she never got it after he died.

I hate this guy, but still not as much as I hate Akvan and this mythical Heka`s people keep talking about.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2012-12-04 06:17:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I`d like to nominate shinryu, TH10 and blue proc and he didn't drop anything at all. Plus recently I got red on him for atma for my mule and she never got it after he died.

I hate this guy, but still not as much as I hate Akvan and this mythical Heka`s people keep talking about.

About Shinryu, you have to watch the cutscene and zone out to recieve the atma. (I assume you did with your mule, but just checking).

And well, there's quite a lot of hate for Akvan in this thread already, so I'm not surprised...
 Fenrir.Elliott
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2012-12-08 19:59:29
Link | Citer | R

Goblintrap is treating me horribly, that is all.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By Areayea 2013-01-14 02:28:41
Link | Citer | R

Gulool Ja Ja isn't being very nice this past week ; ; I've just stayed in that damn room >< any hints since he hasn't been in besieged either >.> lol I HATE THIS DAMN MOB NOW
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-01-14 02:37:40
Link | Citer | R

the angry little japanese man SE pays to screw with my drop rates and ws numbers
By Areayea 2013-01-14 03:08:03
Link | Citer | R

I'll have sex with him or get him laid... WHATEVER IT TAKES JUST MAKE THE DAMN THING POP ><
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [437 days between previous and next post]
By kithaofcerb 2014-03-27 15:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Genbu because he didn't drop my shield

Valkurm Emp for sure gets his place here

Surprising to most, Megamaw Mikey is probably my most hated NM.
Either he kills you when keying in a worm party, or when you go to camp him for that BRD belt, some idiot in the worm party claims him and hits CFH, resulting in nothing productive happening except wasting another 15 minutes. 15 minutes doesn't seem that bad, but when there's enough stupidity to result in having to re-time MANY times and still not have that belt, he gets the piss-off-of the year trophy from me.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-03-27 19:48:38
Link | Citer | R

I got my revenge on Cuijatender and Akvan. :)

That dhalmel you had to kill for Almace. Effim. He like never want to pop.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2014-03-27 22:19:21
Link | Citer | R

I can name a million but my all time worst experiences are:

Mee Deggi the Punisher and his butt buddy Quu Domi the Gallant who never dropped O. Kotes or Kyahan...

Charybdis because no one ever wanted to help you camp it back in 75 cap.

Lugh because his entire addition to the game was for pure aesthetics since nothing introduced with that patch from these NMs were of any use ever...

Almighty Apkallu because he used to NEVER pop. And I wasted SO MUCH time trying to get him to.

Frigging Argus. Nuff said.

King Arthro... Yeah remember him?

Simurgh because I had like 7 people who wanted a pair and needed me to help claim for them.

Sozu Sarberry because I spent years in that God-forsaken temple trying to get a Hocho to never, NEVER see it drop.
By iambatman3131 2014-03-27 22:50:01
Link | Citer | R

HOLY NECRO BUMP BATMAN!
 Shiva.Rucks
Serveur: Shiva
user: Seravolk
By Shiva.Rucks 2014-03-27 23:06:11
Link | Citer | R

I've seen better.
 Valefor.Starscreamx
By Valefor.Starscreamx 2014-03-28 02:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Tiamat for getting my old char banned for kiting it for like 20 mins after a ls stole it from us back in the day when it was camped by like everyone and their mother and still took hours to kill it >.<
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-03-28 05:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Starscreamx said: »
Tiamat for getting my old char banned for kiting it for like 20 mins after a ls stole it from us back in the day when it was camped by like everyone and their mother and still took hours to kill it >.<
Those were fun lol
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-28 05:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Wow, I thought people gave up on this topic D:

Atm I kinda hate Colkhab since I fought him 5 times in WKR and didn't get Droning Whirlwind spell. Last one I need to get 100% (again) too!

t-rex and shark both were 1/1 so... I'm either dang lucky on those two or very unlucky on the bee >.>

Speaking of WKR NM's... Yumcax, please fall in a pit and die. Seriously.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-28 06:22:19
Link | Citer | R

After i geared my mule to cursna, yumcax became the most fun of the last 3. Capped in cursna for whm (45) plus saida ring (15) so 60% of change to erase doom, and still looking the lendary eshmuns ring. Ages since i was killed by doom, but often in trouble due to his hate reseting and killing my whm with timberr or other tp move. Yumcax also seems harder than it is due to limited space, so its pretty hard to recover from death, as you have no safe place to run.

Hurkan and kumhau are way more stressful, with their constant dispel and mag def down stats. With mag def down, most tp moves drop my mnks hp to less than 50%, so its stressful to keep sacrifice, cure, shell, cure, protect, cure cycle every single tp move.

Kumhau last 25% are *** nightmare. First 75% are relatively easy and hes the easiest to tank, because he hasnt any hate reset move and takes normal dmg from blunt, but under 25% its tp move back to back to back. Like 4 in a row, most of them with terror, so you take a lot of time till you can restart damaging, and then finally you lose hate and start the bloodfest...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-28 06:28:03
Link | Citer | R

WKR are really only difficult because of the very limited space and people who don't understand ranged damage enmity. i had a BLM going all out on Yumcax then running to the entrance when they got hate. He didn't know what enmity douse was.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-28 07:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
WKR are really only difficult because of the very limited space and people who don't understand ranged damage enmity. i had a BLM going all out on Yumcax then running to the entrance when they got hate. He didn't know what enmity douse was.

10 mins cooldown really dont help, but blm can use also subtle sorcery also. But pulling hate isnt the problem. They will pull it due to enmity reset. Only thing to fix that is a provoke, but just if the tank is alive.

And aside yorcia, all wks have enough space to fight, just yorcia have the ***of mobs aggroing even with people in the wall, due to those horrible panopts wide wandering area.
By Leysritt 2014-03-28 07:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Frikken Khimaira, stingy with the sword...
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-03-28 07:43:51
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

10 mins cooldown really dont help, but blm can use also subtle sorcery also. But pulling hate isnt the problem. They will pull it due to enmity reset. Only thing to fix that is a provoke, but just if the tank is alive.

And aside yorcia, all wks have enough space to fight, just yorcia have the ***of mobs aggroing even with people in the wall, due to those horrible panopts wide wandering area.
It's not just their wide aggro range its because they aggro to magic too, so unless you die at or near the entrance you're not going to unweaken anytime soon. Thats why most people run to the entrance when they get aggro, partly because they`re hoping the mass of people there will kill the mob before it kills them or if they do die at least they have a chance of getting back into the fight. None of this would be an issue if not for the fact Yorcia is smaller than your average mog garden.
 Valefor.Blizz
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2014-03-28 09:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Nobel mold most annoying and difficult hnm to camp in game hands dowm 2 to 3 irl day window and all it takes is one farming bot to kill 1 of the 3 ph then its a two to 3 week wait for window to open again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-28 09:33:52
Link | Citer | R

I feel sorry for the theorist who dedicated hours upon hours to discover the mystery of Almighty Apkallu, when all along it was bugged. What a sad end to that story, lol.

On topic though, back at 75 cap, during the glory of RDM #bestsoloer, I'd give my hate to Cactrot Rapido. Killed it more times than I can remember solo, and the one single time I saw a bow drop, was with a duo ;(.

Oh, but it was fun training some RDM solo aspirants, so I'll let him off.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-28 10:18:21
Link | Citer | R

Almighty Apkallu was bugged?? Ouch ._.;

Also, since this thread seems to be revived again, have a few pictures to commemorate the occasion:

Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-28 16:50:41
Link | Citer | R

I posted my archnemesis in the very first post of this thread a long time ago.

And today, it finally happened. After almost 50 kills in a span of nearly 11 years... these are mine:

It's more or less a trophy-item by now, but I am still extremely happy they dropped!

/dance
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-03-28 16:53:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-03-28 17:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx said: »

With eva magic, pretty much every enfeeb he cast are resisted.
The Tungas days of glory are over.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11