users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Gilgamesh » RMT- Auction House Manipulation
RMT- Auction House Manipulation
 Gilgamesh.Darktrance
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Darktrance 2009-06-06 04:40:48
Link | Citer | R

... fowling earing, minuet earring, potent belt....wind torque...

systematically the same screen names buying and selling to each other at deflated then inflated prices...

now the auction house is flooded (Chiv Chain/ Potent Belt) with these items because people assume that their is suddenly a demand, that ISN'T there....

everyone but these individuals lose in this. None of these items interest me, I'm not waiting around to buy them, I just noticed this activity because someone was in whitegate shouting for 70k Chiv Chain, and they were basing that on the price that was falsely created on auction house. So far this grou got 4 Chiv chains for 70k before attempting to jack the prices back up to 200-300k+ to make their profit.

The end result is that players lose. I'm not sure why attempting to prevent fellow players from losing out would be subject to criticism.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-06-08 09:10:38
Link | Citer | R

they have inreased the players & item involved i seen this activiy been done on all these items:-

Elemental Torque
Leaping Boots
Fowling Earring
Minuet Earring
Square Of Damascene Cloth
Potent Belt
Chivalrous Chain
Wind Torque
Scroll Of Suiton: Ni
Eris' Earring
Unsho
Woodville's Axe
Lock Of Siren's Hair
Behemoth Hide

smt really dont give a damn about this behavour it seems they been doing it for months now.

Don't buy any of these items at inflated prices.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-06-10 11:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Jore & Alrove
is the latest character the added to ah manipulate if you look at its latest transaction today.
If any s/e mods reading this its about time you got of your *** & done something about this, totally destroying the server.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Erebes
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Merlynius
By Bismarck.Erebes 2009-07-25 05:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Stormyfox said:
Does any one have log on to their charc on next day and find armors that are missing?

2 of my armor has been missing which is Scorpion Harness n Chilvours chain, also gil went all way to 0 which isnt right at all.

Anyone have this problem before?

This is semi necro, but I lost my Hachiryu Haidate like that. -No one- has my login info except me, and I swapped servers with it back in February. You can look at the equip history for Merlynius on gilgamesh and see it equipped, and then check Erebes on Bismarck and I no longer have it. It wasn't sold and SE said my character never owned it. I cried.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Drast
user: drast
By Gilgamesh.Drast 2009-07-26 19:57:33
Link | Citer | R

someone posted this on the fuma page

https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html

Submit an email under the "Witnessed RMT activity in-game" to the Special Task Force.
 Titan.Jgreen
Serveur: Titan
user: jgreen
By Titan.Jgreen 2009-07-26 21:02:08
Link | Citer | R

lol, quote for me in the ToS how the activity is an illegal action. if it is indeed illegal, then all the players that use those systems to replace farming would be banned/temp banned by now. crafters and other players trying to take advantage of a price hike would sometimes mistakenly be temp banned or perma banned. one of the fun parts of this game (for some i suppose)is the economy simulation created by the game.

instead of making a fuss over something as difficult to enforce (and in life this sort of thing occurs....just buy some gas for your car), save your breath and get back to making 100k or less a week because if you r this busy stalking the AH and not making gil doing it, i feel sorry for u. seems more like poorly misguided moral evaluations by mostly younger generation players. lol, go ahead and try out doing what they do. it is not as easy as one would think, and updates can ruin months worth of profits in a week. it has its upsides and downsides. it also requires a good deal of gil to make work well and be worth the investment, not to mention weeks/months of buying and selling. i see this activity as no worse then those who garden w/ 16 chrs....paying SE money to farm gil. or what about people doing server transfers based on economy of them? what about people who server transfer w/ tons of hnm pop items from sky/sea.....do you even think about where they get them from? lol you people and ur attacks on AH price fixing is rather amusing at least...reminds me of my 2004-2005 days.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Jnumbahz
user: Numbahz
By Gilgamesh.Jnumbahz 2009-07-26 21:53:43
Link | Citer | R

These dam RMt are really screwin us up and making me seriusly considering a server transfer on both of my characters... I was trying to get a emperor hairpin and was willing to pay 500k which is what they were last year when i got one.. I saw 200k I was like wow they came down, I bid 200-500k and didnt get crap with 5 in AH and 190-200k price history. The players names are none I know or anyone knows but the sellers names are, RMT is taking normal ppl's items and forcing them to sell it cheap, then they buy it from them cheap and who knows whats next 1m 2m maybe.. I went back to the AH 1hr later and 2 more sold from ppl i know for 200k to RMT names theres still 2 In AH i place bid 200-400k Nothin. These names appear in many many mid-high value popular items. I submitted a complaint to SE but eh that will go no where im sure of it ! Later
 Remora.Dubont
Serveur: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-07-26 21:59:50
Link | Citer | R

Its not just RMT that manipulate prices. I can name a few people from remora right off the bat that will flood the AH with x item at x price to get the price down to a discouraging low so no one sells anymore than they sell for 10x the price it is currently. Its normal players who are greedy as hell. Also Jnumbahz, if you want a emperor hairpin THAT bad just go camp VE damn its like a 1/3 drop rate and really low level...