user: Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2012-10-19 10:18:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Siren.Mithradee said: »
Quote:
It is also how I am doing Drag atm.
I actually find Dragua easier than Isgebind just because he drops his own fana powders and you can just power through. No annoying paralyze and what have you.
I have only been paralyzed a couple times. Only use the fana if my whm gets petri. Does not happen often but is nice to have when it does.

Then you're being unecessarily masochistic because he's going to drop the fana powder either way when you kill him.

I have only been paralyzed twice in 35 scales and my whm removes it wioth in seconds of receiving it. Whm is never hurting for mp and have never been in danger of death. Nothing really masochistic in that. Never got excited or felt misery if that is where your going with that. Just do not see any need for it other then when petri hits my whm. Might not even need it for that but nothing wrong with playing it safe when petri hits. But to each there own.

Takes me roughly around 5-8 min to kill it on mnk. Probably not the best and can always improve but when I have had that petri hit it was nice to know I only had to worry about mdt. and Fana would only cover 2 min. Think it is only 1 min a piece.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-19 10:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kuz said: »
I brewed some Isgebinds on RNG with 85 Armageddon a little bit back, completely unprepared.
My atmas weren't set up for proper brewing, and still landed like 25K-30K Wildfires on RNG/SAM.
We popped 2 and was able to take both down with a minute to spare on brew timer
(this is without locking myself on a chest. As i mentioned, not prepared to do so. Was done on a whim)

Anyways...
It's fairly easy if you get a few friends to hold KI's.
Set yourself up with proper atmas and you should be doing well over what I was.
Lock yourself on a "???" in between pops and hit it each pop with bounty shot before killing. Should be able to get like... 4-5 in the span of one brew.

Out of both Isgebind I did that day, got 2 hearts each kill.

Quote:
griffon claw, smoldering sky, lone wolf,

Not 100% sure, but straight MAB atmas might be better than Lone Wolf/Smoldering Sky.

You get better returns from Lone Wolf/Hells Guardian/Ultimate
(At least I do)
WOuldnt you rather do griffon atma? That ws damage one.
 Fenrir.Elliott
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2012-10-19 10:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Glavoid has a nasty habit of 2hring and negating your damage for the duration of his SP due to his mechanics.

I know we're talking COR + Wildfire here, but just in case anyone wanted to know, Requiescat does deal damage during Glavoid's two-hour ability.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 10:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Siren.Kuz said: »
I brewed some Isgebinds on RNG with 85 Armageddon a little bit back, completely unprepared. My atmas weren't set up for proper brewing, and still landed like 25K-30K Wildfires on RNG/SAM. We popped 2 and was able to take both down with a minute to spare on brew timer (this is without locking myself on a chest. As i mentioned, not prepared to do so. Was done on a whim) Anyways... It's fairly easy if you get a few friends to hold KI's. Set yourself up with proper atmas and you should be doing well over what I was. Lock yourself on a "???" in between pops and hit it each pop with bounty shot before killing. Should be able to get like... 4-5 in the span of one brew. Out of both Isgebind I did that day, got 2 hearts each kill.
Quote:
griffon claw, smoldering sky, lone wolf,
Not 100% sure, but straight MAB atmas might be better than Lone Wolf/Smoldering Sky.
You get better returns from Lone Wolf/Hells Guardian/Ultimate (At least I do)
WOuldnt you rather do griffon atma? That ws damage one.

Aye. Griffon's Claw is a definitely one you want to use0. It's when you compare the MAB +50 Atmas vs. the Fire Affinity atmas where I'm encountering grey areas w/out testing.
 Siren.Kuz
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-10-19 11:00:22
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, I don't have that Atma (I'm lazy and never finished WoTG etc etc) But I may have quoted/responded wrong in my haste at work.
I was meaning instead of using 2 affinity atmas (Lone Wolf/Smouldering Sky) vs using two +50 MAB atams (Ultimate and Hells Guardian)
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2012-10-19 11:07:39
Link | Citer | R

Griffon's Claw doesn't come from WoTG.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-19 11:12:40
Link | Citer | R

Brew alone adds 900 MAB, two 30% affinity atmas are going to ***all over MAB atmas during brew.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-10-19 11:14:19
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Griffon's Claw doesn't come from WoTG.

See, shows ya what I know! Which is absolutely nothing about that Atma besides that I never got it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 11:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Brew alone adds 900 MAB, two 30% affinity atmas are going to ***all over MAB atmas during brew.

There you have it.

Haven't popped a brew for like a year now myself. Haven't looked into it at all.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2012-10-19 11:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

There you have it.

Haven't popped a brew for like a year now myself. Haven't looked into it at all.

and together we've learned something. Knowledge is Power!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-10-19 11:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, now that I it's explained, I think I do remember looking into this back then (that is, the last time I did a bunch of brewing) but as it was so long ago I totally forgot. And frankly, as I think on it, it should have been common sense anyhow. Whatever. It's Friday. My brain's shot.

Either way. There you have it.

Lone Wolf/Smoldering Sky/Griffon's Claw.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-19 19:00:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aikchan said: »

Fight hours? sure you havent done him in a while.... 1min av. killing it. with 3 DDs (thf, mnk, nin) Brew... 15 sec? will have to wait for ??? to repop.

I thought majority of Abyssea T2 NM has 3 ??? pop spot now. Can't you just pop 3 at once?
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-10-19 19:10:56
Link | Citer | R

IF you can get enough KI you can easily drop 6 on a WF brew, just tag it with th unlock brew and 2shot. Lock quickly and rinse/repeat. This can be done on many NM's, at the moment I am doing it on apa for sword. Can do 6-7 provided I have enough ki's.
 Bahamut.Valienta
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Valienta 2012-10-20 17:39:52
Link | Citer | R

I've brewed 6 in a row before, pretty much 3 shotting him with WF. 6th one I got it to half before brew wore off but I had enough people there that we got it down all the way. If it wasn't for me fumbling around with my macros probably would have kill that one as well. He also wipe all my buffs on first pop so didn't have the benefit of those, just atmas. Got 10 hearts on 6 kills with KIs that people just had on them.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 03:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Slight derail but still on the topic of WF+brewing without making a new thread:

Has anyone ever WF brewed Bukhis? I'm wondering how WF does against him and if I can expect to get 3-6 kills per brew as cor/sch who has never brewed anything.
I have lonewolf and griffon claw, not sure when i'll get ahold of some help to get Smoldering Sky.

Any tips are appreciated, planning to face away to avoid the petrify gaze and use a doomscreen since doom lands even facing away.
I'm curious if his Lethal Triclip/Ruinous Scythe move+hp down/cruor buff dispelling screws up brewing or not too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2012-11-02 04:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Slight derail but still on the topic of WF+brewing without making a new thread:

Has anyone ever WF brewed Bukhis? I'm wondering how WF does against him and if I can expect to get 3-6 kills per brew as cor/sch who has never brewed anything.
I have lonewolf and griffon claw, not sure when i'll get ahold of some help to get Smoldering Sky.

Any tips are appreciated, planning to face away to avoid the petrify gaze and use a doomscreen since doom lands even facing away.
I'm curious if his Lethal Triclip/Ruinous Scythe move+hp down/cruor buff dispelling screws up brewing or not too.

averaged 5 when wf brew bukhis.