Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » GS question: Dervish sword
GS question: Dervish sword
 Shiva.Mayoyama
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mayoyama
By Shiva.Mayoyama 2012-10-16 10:38:51
Link | Citer | R

I've read through all of the GS choice threads and just wanted to ask if dervish sword is at all decent to use? I'd quite like to do an OAT but given that VW is almost dead on my server (at least with shouts) my fear is that I will get to the mirror stage and just sit there for ages in frustration.

And before the whole "rag or bust", I'm already working on another relic so that will have to go on the bucket list lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-16 10:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Get a Hoarfrost, very easy to get and does the job ok.
Then maybe buy mirrors\riftsands until you feel you're close enough to start the rest of the OAT trails?

Edit:

Dervish is'nt bad if you can get it easily, I'd use that over Hoarfrost**
But OAT will beat them both, and it's really not that hard to make, if you just search bazaars for a week or two I can nearly guarantee that you found enough mirrors\sands, no matter which server.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-10-16 10:55:54
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Shiva/Milijean <- 200+ mirrors, buy now and don't worry later.
By geigei 2012-10-16 11:05:30
Link | Citer | R

I think the worst part for oat is krabkatoa not mirrors, me and and a friend got mirror/sands in a couple of days for both just looking through bazaars.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-16 12:44:12
Link | Citer | R

bst should be able to manage the crab pretty easily if you have any sort if pet boosting set
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2012-10-16 13:06:44
Link | Citer | R

Nin and Whm combo can duo fairly easily. Would also assume Drg/Mage with a decent pdt and mdt set could take him on as well provided you wyvern isn't killed off immediately..
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-16 14:32:17
Link | Citer | R

Moreso the tedium of farming up ~8 blue abyssites than actually killing Krabkatoa imo. The NMs are a joke now but upgrading abyssites is still a pain in the ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-16 14:33:52
Link | Citer | R

Can easily be done in a day though!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-16 14:35:49
Link | Citer | R

Depends on luck and manpower.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-16 14:38:05
Link | Citer | R

Well yeah ok if 100% solo it might take 2-3 days I guess, and in reality it will anyways due to respawn.
Kinda doubt most people are willing to do the same thing for 5-10 hours straight :P
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-17 07:48:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Well yeah ok if 100% solo it might take 2-3 days I guess, and in reality it will anyways due to respawn.
Kinda doubt most people are willing to do the same thing for 5-10 hours straight :P
back in the day you waited 2+ hours in a zone to start a 30 minute event and liked it!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-17 08:26:43
Link | Citer | R

PvP weapon, otherwise toss.
 Shiva.Mayoyama
By Shiva.Mayoyama 2012-10-19 06:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Turns out it was quite easy to get mirrors lol. Up to 120ish and havent paid more than 6k each either lol. Krabkatoa shells on other hands are proving a thorn in my side xD
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2012-10-19 08:00:50
Link | Citer | R

You can get Krabkatoa pops for cheap/free via shouts. A lot of people get the upgrade through emp trials. Took me about a day and a half to get mine done.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-20 01:50:31
Link | Citer | R

Capricornus gave me more trouble than Krabkatoa on BST just because of the stupid hate reset, ridiculous damage, and multi-shot BS on Recoil Dive. I'd generally just Run Wild on Capri since he'd either eat a pet or a couple foods anyway.

I didn't solo Krab, mostly for safety and being a rather fresh 99BST, but would definitely be able to with Slug and how much better my gear is now.

The only real dickery is he can and does drop zero shells at times. Also didn't see a single friggin' ring. All told took more like 14 kills with all but a few TH'ed.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-10-20 01:55:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Mayoyama said: »
Turns out it was quite easy to get mirrors lol. Up to 120ish and havent paid more than 6k each either lol. Krabkatoa shells on other hands are proving a thorn in my side xD

offer to pay 100k for each of them. or just do a /sea and see if anyone is killing the t2's for emp weapons. i got quite a few free blue abyssites just by sending tells.
 Shiva.Mayoyama
By Shiva.Mayoyama 2012-10-24 01:06:24
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
The only real dickery is he can and does drop zero shells at times. Also didn't see a single friggin' ring. All told took more like 14 kills with all but a few TH'ed.

I had 3 pops in a row with full TH and still no shell lol. I did however get ring/title of one of my earlier pops (dropped 2 shells also). Lost another pop I had shouted for coz the nubjob popped it when i wasnt even close... lol.

Worst part has been farming my own pops (while my whm mule shouts in PJ - with little luck) took 16 T2s for it to finally change blue only for it to drop nothing at all lol.

2 to go xD