Link | Citer | R

Derrrrrrrrp, I can't read.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-03 13:57:26
Link | Citer | R

No we won't. Daken won't use any. Only when Sange is up. Or when /RA is used.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-03 13:57:52
Link | Citer | R

You win this time, reader. This time.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-03 14:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Woo i can't wait to accidentally fail swapping out my best rare shuriken when I hit sange.

Now ninjas can feel what its like to lose a hurkan bullet on corsair to lag/macrofail.
I should just say goodbye to my nokizaru shuriken right now.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-10-03 14:08:21
Link | Citer | R

I think I can make some gil on my stack of:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18712/koga-shuriken

...Or not, because iLvl Shurikens.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-03 15:12:43
Link | Citer | R

Can't remember and too lazy to jobchange+gear to check, anyone know if Recycle works for shurikens?

Got a pair of Scopuli Nails +1 and wondering if they're worth macroing for sange cause of the nice mix of recycle/racc/ratk on them.
Scopuli Nails +1
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-10-03 17:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Not sure. Shurikens can be used for a /ranged attack wherein Recycle would proc.

Sange may just treat shurikens like a /ra (programmatically) or it could treat it like Virtue Stones where recycle couldn't work.

So for now, can't say! And I won't be one to assume~ :)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-03 20:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Can't remember and too lazy to jobchange+gear to check, anyone know if Recycle works for shurikens?

Got a pair of Scopuli Nails +1 and wondering if they're worth macroing for sange cause of the nice mix of recycle/racc/ratk on them.
Scopuli Nails +1

Obviously speculating, but I'd be surprised if Scopuli+1 end up worth it over melee-focused options. Doubt the boost to the one ranged attack each attack round would outweigh better melee stats on other pieces for the multiple melee strikes during the attack round (weapon swing from each hand, plus DA/TA/QA).

That's basically my general expectation: Sange sets probably won't look very different from normal TP set because even when you boost a guaranteed one ranged attack per round, it's not likely to be worth it to weaken multiple melee strikes in the same attack round. Unless shuriken damage is SUPER high. Otherwise, maybe a couple gear swaps (Hachi legs or Yokaze mantle, which you might already have reason to use just from a melee perspective), but more or less same as TP set.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-03 23:43:53
Link | Citer | R

The jp article here about the upcoming update has a 119 shuriken pic

http://www.4gamer.net/games/005/G000546/20141001100/

119 shuriken so its probably not sparks (cause i'd expect it to be i117 instead), not rare taggeed so stackable to 99.
+242 throwing and then 10 more racc thrown on top.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-04 00:15:44
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm... but it is EX-tagged. Like plasm ammo.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-04 00:22:42
Link | Citer | R

Not the same dmg ratio that was present at lvl 75 (koga shuriken was D: 88, while Kikoku was D: 42) but still not bad, about the same as a regular TP hit.
By gdiShun 2014-10-04 01:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Interesting bits from that website(via Google Translate):

Quote:
Throwing skills and Katana skills will be raised to A → A +.
I'll believe the official site until the update but possibly a buff to Throwing skill coming too.

And:
Quote:
※ I(t?) will drop in a state in which the pieces together 99 "Togakushi shuriken"

Hard to make out but I'm guessing that's saying you'll get a stack when it drops/is bought? Like a quiver/toolbag.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-04 01:10:06
Link | Citer | R

gdiShun said: »
Interesting bits from that website(via Google Translate):

Quote:
Throwing skills and Katana skills will be raised to A → A +.
I'll believe the official site until the update but possibly a buff to Throwing skill coming too.

LOL that sounds about right, they wouldn't just let me have the capped throwing I was so happy about. Not that skilling up 7 more levels will be a big chore, but funny nonetheless...
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-04 03:01:22
Link | Citer | R

119 shuriken so its probably not sparks (cause i'd expect it to be i117 instead), not rare taggeed so stackable to 99.

Ninjutsu+5 Sange+5 acc/att/racc+10 translated Im told
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-04 14:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Had me curious...... hoping won't need racc like such
ItemSet 329125
Came up with Accuracy
Main: 943
OAT: 894
Daken: 932 (w/ 119 skill -stats) 40% Yes Plz!
By Santi 2014-10-04 14:55:02
Link | Citer | R

eh
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-04 14:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
You win this time, reader. This time.

haha!
By Santi 2014-10-05 22:37:48
Link | Citer | R

D104 DLY192 VIT+3 AGI+3 ACC+5 ATT+5 RangedACC+10 ThrowingSkill242
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-05 22:49:55
Link | Citer | R

Santi said: »

D104 DLY192 VIT+3 AGI+3 ACC+5 ATT+5 RangedACC+10 ThrowingSkill242

A little less potent than I heard was translation but still some pretty decent stats regardless.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-10-05 22:53:38
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know of macc legs for NIN besides denali kecks?
By gdiShun 2014-10-05 23:05:20
Link | Citer | R

None that I'm aware of. Just use whatever has the highest INT.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-05 23:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Yeah for pants use Mochi. or Hachi. Legs cause they both have 32 int.

On the subject of denali/thaumas situational use for sets, I wouldnt ever use it for any slot.
Even thaumas fc hands don't really make much sense when you could throw fastcast WKR agument on buremte gloves.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-06 01:44:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah for pants use Mochi. or Hachi. Legs cause they both have 32 int.

This is exactly what I do and is certainly the most practical, but AFAIK, best in slot would be Haste/INT augmented Kaabnax Trousers or Quiahuiz Trousers: both are base INT+26, so INT+34 with augment. Great haste too (9%/8% with haste augment), for recast purposes - but honestly, fairly meaningless on ninjutsu enfeebles.

Not that I think it's worthwhile to do so. My Kaabnax are AGI augmented and I use them for Hi, and Quia with STR for several jobs (TP and WS depending on situations).

If you're using ninjutsu nukes, just use Shneddick+1 for the very good MAB+17 and still quite respectable INT+28. Easily worth the sacrifice of 4 INT (the real question being the inventory-1, but I keep mine in the Wardrobe anyway for COR QD and RUN Lunge/Swipe).

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Anyone know of macc legs for NIN besides denali kecks?

Not that it's a good idea (ilevel INT would be better), but Desultor Tassets can get Macc+4 augment.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-06 02:28:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah for +INT pants I opted out of kaabnax since I put +haste +fastcast on them for utsu casting.
I can't imagine anyone not owning 119 reforge AF/Relic legs if they want to play nin halfway seriously so they are the easy option imo for ninjitsu nuke/debuff.

Feels like the OP is a bit out of date on other macc things, i'm torn on the merits of things like +ninjitsu skill earrings when Life/Psystorm/Gwati/Enchanter+1 earrings are heavy on macc and not too hard to come by.
 Shiva.Verohawke
Serveur: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2014-10-06 08:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Akson said: »

Probably will become one of the Delve rewards for 30k/stack, like they did for Ilevel119 Arrows and bullets

And I am not of the complaining type, but a little disappointed with SE not addressing the TP gain as promised (taken of official Dev Forums):

Hello. As we said in the past, we were discussing changes to the dual wield trait, however with the introduction of the job trait "Daken", we have changed our plans for this.We have decided that to compensate for the loss in TP from dual wield, to instead set the activation rate of Daken to be very high.
When a Ninja reaches level 99, Daken will have an activation rate of about 40%, with extra TP being gained according to the delay found on the shuriken. Because it is not considered alongside the Double Attack trait, please consider it a simple increase in the number of attacks you will have a turn.
Also, while Daken functions off of the ranged accuracy stat, it should be noted that Daken grants a significant accuracy bonus, and it will be much easier to hit with Daken compared to simply throwing a shuriken. Furthermore, we are adding ilevel shuriken in the October update.
With this, Ninja's offensive presence has been increased, also making it easier for them to gain enmity while serving in a tanking role.
Please wait just a little longer for the next update to come.
※We are planning on adjusting some previous shuriken so that they stack to 99.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-06 09:29:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Verohawke said: »

Probably will become one of the Delve rewards for 30k/stack, like they did for Ilevel119 Arrows and bullets

And I am not of the complaining type, but a little disappointed with SE not addressing the TP gain as promised (taken of official Dev Forums):

Hello. As we said in the past, we were discussing changes to the dual wield trait, however with the introduction of the job trait "Daken", we have changed our plans for this.We have decided that to compensate for the loss in TP from dual wield, to instead set the activation rate of Daken to be very high.
When a Ninja reaches level 99, Daken will have an activation rate of about 40%, with extra TP being gained according to the delay found on the shuriken. Because it is not considered alongside the Double Attack trait, please consider it a simple increase in the number of attacks you will have a turn.
Also, while Daken functions off of the ranged accuracy stat, it should be noted that Daken grants a significant accuracy bonus, and it will be much easier to hit with Daken compared to simply throwing a shuriken. Furthermore, we are adding ilevel shuriken in the October update.
With this, Ninja's offensive presence has been increased, also making it easier for them to gain enmity while serving in a tanking role.
Hey..... this might be a good thing for DNC (that OTHER DW job)... Maybe they plan on giving DNC store-TP to compensate? Lord knows that StoreTP works wonders on BLU when DW is set....
They probably think THF and BLU won't need DW TP adjusts because of TA and BLU's "set these other spells for traits" gimmick...
So look on the bright side.... maybe DNC will get a DW buff like NIN in the next few months? (Matsui seems to be hung up on fixing DNC atm so... it's likely.)

Also: Daken will generate TP and seeing as how we have 0 idea at the moment how 104dmg and 192delay factors in to Daken proc's damage and TP generation... it seems rather silly to complain about a lack of TP boost when Daken is their "fix" for DW gimping TP on NIN.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-06 12:36:41
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Shiva.Verohawke said: »

Hey..... this might be a good thing for DNC (that OTHER DW job)... Maybe they plan on giving DNC store-TP to compensate? Lord knows that StoreTP works wonders on BLU when DW is set....
They probably think THF and BLU won't need DW TP adjusts because of TA and BLU's "set these other spells for traits" gimmick...
So look on the bright side.... maybe DNC will get a DW buff like NIN in the next few months? (Matsui seems to be hung up on fixing DNC atm so... it's likely.)

Also: Daken will generate TP and seeing as how we have 0 idea at the moment how 104dmg and 192delay factors in to Daken proc's damage and TP generation... it seems rather silly to complain about a lack of TP boost when Daken is their "fix" for DW gimping TP on NIN.
Don't really mind less TP gain from stacking DW or the trait itself as long as Daken proc rate itself is significantly high enough. Can't really ask for more if it's 40%. Rather have that than a lower proc rate + DW update combo.

The biggest question for me is wether or not Daken is capable of proc during WS. Tried looking into if Kick Attacks could proc for MNKs and couldn't find any information whatsoever.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-06 12:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Also: Daken will generate TP and seeing as how we have 0 idea at the moment how 104dmg and 192delay factors in to Daken proc's damage and TP generation

I wouldn't say we have "0 idea"- this stuff can be modeled fairly easily. The only information we were missing before was the proc rate (the delay could have been extrapolated).
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-06 18:10:54
Link | Citer | R

I can't imagine anyone not owning 119 reforge AF/Relic legs if they want to play nin halfway seriously so they are the easy option imo for ninjitsu nuke/debuff.

Ninjutsu debuff only, but that's the important category anyway. If you care about nukes, Shneddick+1 legs are nearly always better and are even easier to obtain. Nuke-wise, MAB+17 is more than a worthwhile tradeoff for losing INT+4 versus AF/relic.

Don't really mind less TP gain from stacking DW or the trait itself as long as Daken proc rate itself is significantly high enough. Can't really ask for more if it's 40%. Rather have that than a lower proc rate + DW update combo.

Absolutely!

And as I remember, the DW/TP gain change they actually mentioned was only to make additional DW no longer negatively impact TP gainer per hit AFTER you capped delay reduction by other means (haste, marches, etc.). There's a super easy way around that already: don't wear DW gear when you're already at capped delay reduction.

It would have been terrible if we got that change only and lower Daken proc rate. The way they did it is MUCH better for anyone with the sense to make different TP sets for heavily buffed and non-heavily buffed (i.e. pure solo/no trusts, because you can even cap delay reduction solo with trusts these days on NIN).

Even though I also play all of the other native-DW jobs (THF DNC BLU), I don't feel any of them needed this change NEARLY as much as NIN:

- DNC just got huge improvements to debuffing, with Steps to level 10 and 5 second delay (which stack with other debuffs and help the entire alliance). Plus a main weapon skill change from B+ to A+. It's obvious that DNC is being positioned as more of a support role to give it a niche, it doesn't need DoT boosts too.

- BLU is obviously already differentiated by the multitude of spells for a huge variety of situations. TP gain is simply not a massive concern because smacking stuff with swords just isn't comparatively as important to BLU.

- THF might have the next best argument in need of some DD buffs, but it does already have a defined group role (and solo farming role) due to TH. Sometimes it's virtually a lock for inclusion in current content too, like Incursion. And over-capped DW doesn't hurt THF as much, since they have lower base trait, less high end DW gear, and often aren't in a heavily buffed melee party even in an event. And like ALL of the jobs, THF too has the ability to simply not over-gear for DW if you're getting buffs.

- NIN on the other hand, completely relies on swinging a weapon to either act as a DD, or even to attempt to hold hate if tanking. A hit less to 1000tp for a fast swinging DW job is FAR less important than X-hit builds for a 2-hander. It's way, way more helpful to get frequent extra hits both for a little buff to DPS, and I think Daken is a much better way to adjust increased WS frequency for the one DW job that needs it most.

Also interesting to me that S-E is explicitly acknowledging a NIN tanking role with recent changes: enmity spells, Max HP Bonus trait, and now mentioning it in connection with Daken. I still think enmity system changes are more vital, but it's a start (and the super rapid melee strikes from NIN at least can try to re-cap VE quickly).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-10-06 19:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Maybe Daken JT will also add + base damage to the Shurikens!!!11!1one!

Yeah... not gonna happen.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 254 255 256