Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 254 255 256
By Davorin 2014-09-23 06:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Mandy? I'm a bit lost, which Mandy? Mandies outside of Ceizak? Mandies in surged WoE #10? What kind of Mandies?

I would assume Ircinraq if anyone is being serious.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-23 06:53:12
Link | Citer | R

Well I haven't been mage/nuker in Yorcia runs for quite a while, but I seem to recall her being pretty resistant to magic and iir she builds resistance over time?

Back then without Frazzle, Geo debuffs and COR Macc roll I was getting a lot of resists on SCH even in my Macc set (granted that my macc set is totally nothing spectacular, but I'm pretty confident I still have much more macc than what a NIN could get with the best NIN gear)

So yeah, if Ircinraq really is the Mandy he was talking about, I'd love to know which buffs he had and which debuffs were on the target, otherwise it's not an useful post I'm afraid.

On a side note, anybody built a Blade: Ku set? Yes lolblade:ku etc.
Started playing with it for fun on the spreadsheet and I came out with this thing

ItemSet 328669

Way to improve it? I guess Bomb Core in place of Ginsen maybe.
On Hands I was surprised Mochizuki was better than Onimusha, and that Manibozho beat STR augmented Quiahuiz.
Probably Wanion Belt > Elemental too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-09-23 09:10:26
Link | Citer | R

I haven't bothered with Blade: Ku, especially since it's modifier is merely acc+. When Hi, Metsu, Shun are available to me, I haven't bothered with most other WS. :\

Having said that, Gavialis Helm? And STR DEX WSDMG Augmented Yokaze Mantle from Incursion? How does Brutal/Trux look compared to bladeborn/steelflash. During the day, Gessho feather should do okay also.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-23 10:20:49
Link | Citer | R

I haven't bothered so far with Ku either because, well, lolku.
But sometimes when I'm soloing doing lolcontents it can get boring spamming only Hi. Maybe it's just me lol.
I don't have Shun anymore, I love the WS and honestly I could delete Ruinator (BST is retired) or Exenterator and get Shun but I don't really see the point in that.

Altough the same could be said for Ku... so moot point yeah.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-09-23 11:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I haven't bothered so far with Ku either because, well, lolku.
But sometimes when I'm soloing doing lolcontents it can get boring spamming only Hi. Maybe it's just me lol.
I don't have Shun anymore, I love the WS and honestly I could delete Ruinator (BST is retired) or Exenterator and get Shun but I don't really see the point in that.

Altough the same could be said for Ku... so moot point yeah.

I'm the same way man, Ku is just a cool looking weaponskill. Also, Mani legs are maybe pulling ahead of Q. legs because of the added DEX. They are one of the few pieces that has both STR & DEX in the leg slot that we can use.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-09-25 11:17:35
Link | Citer | R

I got Eosuchus Club from Incursion last night, and cast a few Ni nukes on the Velkk in front of the tent, while farming another KI.

My spells all landed for about 650-675 DMG using this set.
ItemSet 328487

After equipping the club, they landed consistently for 1050-1150. I don't have any San ninjutsu merited, but I would assume they do a little better.

Just for fun, it would be cool to see how this set does. (248 total magic dmg)
ItemSet 328719

Any ideas on tweaks?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-09-25 16:48:32
Link | Citer | R

relic hands will give you magic acc when expertise procs as well
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-25 17:08:44
Link | Citer | R

If you don't intend on meleeing I'd put Eosuchus on mainhand for the additional magic accuracy (only the one on the main hand gets calculated)
 Bismarck.Baalthus
user: Baalthus
By Bismarck.Baalthus 2014-09-26 04:19:36
Link | Citer | R

I would prefer Mochizuki kyahan +1 over Hachiya kyahan +1, because of reduced casting time beside ninjutsu skill.

And I hope with the new throwing technique comes also new throwing weapons (aquired with Bayld, Plasm or Eminence points). Bestas bane is the only one, which has iLvl atm.

Good nukes together with good throwing damage between magic recast times would make fun for sure.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-26 04:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
I got Eosuchus Club from Incursion last night, and cast a few Ni nukes on the Velkk in front of the tent, while farming another KI.

My spells all landed for about 650-675 DMG using this set.
ItemSet 328487

After equipping the club, they landed consistently for 1050-1150. I don't have any San ninjutsu merited, but I would assume they do a little better.

Just for fun, it would be cool to see how this set does. (248 total magic dmg)
ItemSet 328719

Any ideas on tweaks?

For Ninja nukes...

Isuka can be augmented with Mag.atk.bns.+15 via Path C.
Izuna can be augmented with up to Mag.atk.bns.~+20(+?) via Snowdim stones.

:3
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-26 04:34:19
Link | Citer | R

For purely NIN nukes, I can't see 35 MAB beating 195 Magic Damage.
 Odin.Skjalf
MSPaint Winner
By Odin.Skjalf 2014-09-26 05:58:12
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
For purely NIN nukes, I can't see 35 MAB beating 195 Magic Damage.

You are correct. They are an option however for those who do not have Chidori and/or Eosuchus Club. :3
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-26 06:29:09
Link | Citer | R

Ah ok, fair enough.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-26 14:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Damn you, Orestes ;P Now I had to go and tweak my ninjutsu damage set... made me buy an Aput Mantle (and now I kind of want to get a Chidori too).

Couple other weapon alternatives:
1) Shigi: Macc+215, Ninjutsu skill+10, Ninjutsu recast-3, NTE+5 (which helps particularly if you're using relic gloves, Macc+5 per merit every time NTE procs)

2) Yagentoshiro is a straight +10% bonus to elemental ninjutsu damage, so maybe pretty good if you're pumping damage up pretty high.

A couple other slots:

Waist:
- Cimmerian Sash (Ninjutsu skill+5)

Body: (alternatives to the still pretty rare Meko. Harness)
- Dread Jupon has high INT (+26) and Fast Cast+7%
- Mirke Wardecors MAB+4 augment is an option (and is something a lot of COR players will have since MAB/QD recast is still a great quick draw piece)
- Relic/AF 119 have a good chunk of INT (+24)
- any other decent body choices I'm missing here?

Bismarck.Baalthus said: »
And I hope with the new throwing technique comes also new throwing weapons (aquired with Bayld, Plasm or Eminence points). Bestas bane is the only one, which has iLvl atm.

They've already said ilevel shuriken are coming. I'd assume that's the primary new addition and will likely come with ilevel throwing skill and damage. If I was betting on it I'd say more likely to come from NPC than anywhere else, but plasm or crafted aren't crazy ideas.

And... I capped my throwing skill yesterday (and last week changed to 5/5 Sange lol). That was painful even with massive use of skillup papers, and will be even more painful if this new addition is a dud.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-09-27 15:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Shneddick +1 body is a decent alternative for a returning player if the ones mentioned above aren't available. Could use it for acc build, ws, and nin casting. It also has 6% haste.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-27 16:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Bismarck.Baalthus said: »

They've already said ilevel shuriken are coming. I'd assume that's the primary new addition and will likely come with ilevel throwing skill and damage. If I was betting on it I'd say more likely to come from NPC than anywhere else, but plasm or crafted aren't crazy ideas.

And... I capped my throwing skill yesterday (and last week changed to 5/5 Sange lol). That was painful even with massive use of skillup papers, and will be even more painful if this new addition is a dud.

They also said they the new trait would only work for Shurikens, and not "return-type" weapons, like boomerangs and bane
 Odin.Terren
By Odin.Terren 2014-09-27 16:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Psylo said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Odin.Terren said: »
Carbuncle.Legato said: »
I have a question for NIN community.

Has SE developers ever said why they cannot or haven't addressed Ninjutsu?
Has any NIN ever posted on official forum about it?

What I mean by addressed are the elemental ninjutsu & I suppose the enfeebling.

Giving them a base similar to Tier 1 and II elemental magic.

Tier-2 ninjutsu enfeebles are comparable to their RDM equivalents, and well geared, landing them is not difficult even on level 126+ content.

With proper gear -ni and -san nukes exceed 1k damage easily - with good gear and the right use of a mog wardrobe (ie; all that lovely MAB mage gear), you can consistently nin-nuke for 2k+. It's not quite T1/T2 elemental damage, but it's damn close, you just have to not be lazy about gear.

And nin gets unique enfeebles, like inhibit-tp and a fairly strong attack-down. Throw a couple well-geared NINs at Yorcia T5, with the proper buffs/enfeebles, she might get to charm once if she's lucky. Everyone seems to forget that NIN has more subtle blow than any job in the game.

I dunno, I think ninjustu is pretty sweet right now :P

What exactly are you casting on? That sound like BS.

Last try i did on mandy with Ni and Nice gear never exced 900.

This forum moves in such strange leaps and bounds. I'll clarify my original post a bit.

The person I was replying to was asking about the viability of ninjutsu nukes and enfeebles.

In general ~125 content, with magic damage weapons and good gear, it's perfectly viable to nuke for 1k+ on trash mobs and non-nuke-resistant bosses. 2k+ is possible with buffs and Futae. This is fairly close to a reasonable nuke setup on a mage spamming tier 1 and 2 nukes (reasonably ... any good mage is obviously going to beat a NIN at nuking by a longshot, but NIN isn't pitiful).

I don't quite understand why people started talking about "the mandy" or Icineraq, I didn't mention him. I'd never claim to break 1k nukes on him nor do I generally fight him on nin anyway. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I haven't done it. Later in this thread there were some promising nuke sets presented that would certainly have a fighting chance.

(... not that this is really relevant anyway. A nin nuking these NMs seems little more than screwing around. The original poster to whom I was replying seemed to imply ninjutsu was completely useless, which is why I was presenting these ideas).

The real point regarding Yorcia delve was the Belladona, Hyosca or whatever she's called, the Yorcia T5 NM. The common strategy right now for dealing with her conal-charm move is to stop all damage when someone is charmed, because if she gains TP she'll use Full Bloom on the charmed player, recover HP, and KO the player.

We farm this bead frequently, and have done so with a variety of DD, but it's a fight where NIN has a massive advantage, specifically with ninjutsu buffs. In addition to NIN's massive amount of trait-based subtle blow, it gets a buff that increases your subtle blow, and a debuff that inflicts inhibit TP on a mob. All that combined makes the Yorcia T5 fight ridiculously easy. She rarely gets TP (I'm fairly certain she has no natural regain), and the frequency of charm is extremely low. Running with SAMs and DRKs, we'd see the charm move 5-6 times outside; with NINs we saw it twice. (oh, aftermath on Kikoku is nice for that too). Again, simply an example where unique ninjutsu buffs/debuffs can make a fight incredibly simple.

And those debuffs are easily landed on all the NMs in yorcia if you're geared for it, which is handy for low-manning some of the gimmick fights (ie; Xag'Nar with blind 2, the peist in Morimar, etc...)

Short version: I never said anything about nuking the yorcia mandy. I have no idea where that came from.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-27 20:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
1) Shigi: Macc+215, Ninjutsu skill+10, Ninjutsu recast-3, NTE+5 (which helps particularly if you're using relic gloves, Macc+5 per merit every time NTE procs)
Shigi is so strange.
Its damage/delay makes it an offhand weapon, but its macc makes it fantastic for mainhand sigh.
It's still the best macc option currently available, but alas no magic damage. If you're looking for that you'd be better off dualwielding Chidori and the incursion Club.

Quote:
2) Yagentoshiro is a straight +10% bonus to elemental ninjutsu damage, so maybe pretty good if you're pumping damage up pretty high.
It's been asked several times in this thread, by myself too.
Can't quote on the accuracy of those tests, but someone (Nightfyre?) tested Yagentoshiro during the Abyssea age and came out with the result of it being "only" mab+10, not damage+10%.
If it really were damage +10% it could have been the best option once you can pump up stats in the other slots (since a percentage bonus would scale with the rest of your damage, supposing this % gets applied at the end of the formula and not to the base damage)

I dunno if I want to bother with ninjutsu damage. I was hardcore about it during the abyssea days. Nobody believed me and everybody went "WTF is going on?! o.O" when I started doing damage with my set. Spikes were lower than a BLM's (except my JA-powered Hyoton: San :P) but I could shoot very fast without having to rely on MP.
These days I'm not sure I really have the will/time/inventory space to bother again.
Plus I just deleted my SAN spells to get 5/5 Sange waiting for the next patch.
Capped Throwing! In a few hours starting from 1, was insanely fast.
The Fortilaces in Castle_S cap at 350 btw if anybody was wondering.
Did the rest Afk in a Lair Reive in Marjami.
Used the 3 Eminent +skillup items, Prouesse Ring, Marigna food and Sakura Trust (increases skillup). With this setup I was getting 0.5 even close to cap lol.

Btw, does Sange work with Boomerangs? Or only with consumable stuff?
By gdiShun 2014-09-27 20:15:36
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Btw, does Sange work with Boomerangs? Or only with consumable stuff?

Just consumable ammo.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-09-27 20:16:42
Link | Citer | R

Yag is MAB+10
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-27 20:22:00
Link | Citer | R

Meh... It's kinda going to be nasty with the new Shuriken though.
They should just change it so Shurikens work like Boomerang and do not get consumed.
Kinda annoying to get a cool R/E shuriken and then accidentally throw it...
 Odin.Esor
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-09-27 21:07:19
Link | Citer | R

They mentioned new shuriken will not be consumed.
By gdiShun 2014-09-27 21:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Only for the trait, I'm pretty sure. Sange it still will be consumed.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-27 21:33:12
Link | Citer | R

gdiShun said: »
Only for the trait, I'm pretty sure. Sange it still will be consumed.
^ this.
Altough it's kinda annoying.
I can understand still making bullets/arrows/bolts consumable, but they should move to a different paradigm with throwing stuff, and make so Shurikens behave like boomerangs and you can shoot them without consuming them =/
 Odin.Esor
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2014-09-27 22:51:58
Link | Citer | R

i dont plan on meriting sange unless it proves to be exceptionally better dps, so moot point for me. unless sange is changed from a barrage, to additional attacks during the shuriken JT. then it could be interesting, but there you get into nin's new 1hr territory.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-09-28 01:24:01
Link | Citer | R

For those skilling up, don't forget the Temachtiani gear purchasable with Sparks. 3 Pieces that increase combat skill gain I believe. These on top of the earring, ring, sakura, and food make this go quick.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-09-28 06:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I used those 3 items, Sakura (skillup+), Prouesse Ring and Maringna.
I was getting occasional 0.5 skillups even at 416 skill.
I rarely seen 0.1 skillups.

Oh, if you're in Adoulin Ionis gives +skillup too.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-28 15:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Esor said: »
i dont plan on meriting sange unless it proves to be exceptionally better dps, so moot point for me. unless sange is changed from a barrage, to additional attacks during the shuriken JT. then it could be interesting, but there you get into nin's new 1hr territory.

Eh, if they make relatively easy to obtain ilevel shuriken, seems pretty likely that Sange will be worthwhile over the alternative merit choices (San ninjutsu, unless you're a diehard elemental ninjutsu fan for some reason). Free spike damage JA is something, and if they're encouraging capping throwing skill anyway for the auto-proc throw attack, that meshes well with Sange anyhow.

One nice change if it remains Barrage-like would be to make each hit give TP (just like Barrage).

Or hey, they could just make Sange not consume shuriken too, just like the auto-attack. Then it's really easy to make a nice R/E shuriken that you just leave in the slot for auto-attack, whatever melee stats it gives, and Sange. Just don't manually /ra throw it and you're fine!
By Santi 2014-09-28 15:47:45
Link | Citer | R

Be nice if Sange gave enough TP return to help build AM3 in a pinch.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 254 255 256