The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 253 254 255
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-26 09:58:25
Link | Citer | R

"most of them"? I'd dare say all of them, or am I forgetting some WS that's fantastic even without the relic WSD boost?
By SimonSes 2020-11-26 10:25:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
"most of them"? I'd dare say all of them, or am I forgetting some WS that's fantastic even without the relic WSD boost?

Catastrophe wouldnt suck on Liberator, not for the damage tho, but drain.
 Asura.Kitfoxtrot
user: foxtrot
By Asura.Kitfoxtrot 2020-11-26 15:20:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Asura.Kitfoxtrot said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Kamu is necessary for Heishi users who want to make Self Radiance SCs when solo (I do this very often on NIN). 4 step: Ten > Kamu > Shun > Shun or you can even do a 5 step Shun > Ten > Kamu > Shun > Shun. I would focus on that as the primary use case because it’s the most practical/common use of Kamu. And if you’re gonna be using it, even though it’s just a SC linker, might as well get as much damage out of it as you can.

I almost never use kamu given it's dmg- even if mob is resistant to hybrid ws dmg it seems to at least do about the same as kamu and if it's not then...

This is with trust buffs only (dont have a pocket geo etc), soloing SR, but also a MA hit- norm prob around mid 20-30k's

Blade: To > Tekki > Shun > Shun if wanna add another step start w/tekki for indur>frag

This is months late but I switched over to To > Teki > Shun to wrap up the last 100~ job points for NIN and my god I wish I had done that sooner. A decent set with frailty/fury from a 900geo alt and To hits like a god damn truck.

Heishi/Gokotai

sets.precast.WS['Blade: To'] =
{
ammo={ name="Seeth. Bomblet +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
head={ name="Mochi. Hatsuburi +3", augments={'Enhances "Yonin" and "Innin" effect',}},
body="Gyve Doublet",
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'STR+7','CHR+7','Weapon skill damage +8%','Mag. Acc.+13 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
legs={ name="Mochi. Hakama +3", augments={'Enhances "Mijin Gakure" effect',}},
feet="Hachiya Kyahan +2",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Epona's Ring",
right_ring="Gere Ring",
back={ name="Andartia's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}

Was hitting 50k+ consistently and spikes into the 90k's on Poxhounds in Inner Rakaz/crabs pugils in Dho.

Ya! Hybrids are super legit and work on a fair amount of content minus stuff with mega MDB (which unfortunately seems to be most ambuscades) or special circumstance mobs. Generally full on attack buffs are enough and with a good set and don't NEED malaise (though it's always welcomed). The sc properties aren't too bad between the 3 we get for self sc or couple with some of the heavier hitting popular ws right now.
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-01 13:12:40
Link | Citer | R

25th Episode of A Guide to Ninja is out covering Magic Evasion Gearsets. This is the final Elite Gearset video. I am going to do a summary video quickly covering all the sets for easy reference for people and then move onto Comparison video's. Look for Summary videos for Trust Gear Setups and Party Gear Setups by years end.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-12-01 14:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Helpful video as always, and Malignance's awesome combo of stellar Meva and DT- (with Acc/STP for offense) is clearly the best option in at least 4/5 slots. Shigure Tekko arguably some use for hands, but even worse DPS and since they're so close in Meva I'd go with Malignance just due to the addition of DT-5%.

However... I dunno that I agree with there being "no alternatives" for those Malignance slots. Kendatsuba +1 set is also very strong on Meva, and paired with great DD stats. Take feet for example, it's only a difference of 11 Meva between Malignance (150) and Ken+1 (139). Malignance is better, but IMO Ken+1 certainly rises to the level of a valid alternative. Especially for for people who haven't been lucky enough to get a full 5/5 Malignance set, or for the many cases where you are comfortable balancing "good enough" Meva with stronger DPS.

I tend to use a 5/5 Ken+1 as my default capped delay TP set that provides a nice balance of strong Meva and DPS (except with Nagi, where I default to Malignance due to less TP dropoff thanks to STP working well with Mythic AM3 up). If I'm fighting something with truly deadly and frequent magic damage, or a predictable TP move, I'll swap to Malignance. And if I don't care about Meva or DT- (lower tier content, stuff where shadows/Migawari alone is sufficient), can go with a pure max DPS set with stuff like Adhemar +1 head/hands.

Shadows/Migawari are also a good thing to note. Meva/DT sets are often more useful for non-NIN jobs without such good damage mitigation tools. Obviously not everything can be dealt with via ninjutsu (-ga spells, some AoE TP moves, etc.), but NIN has a lot more cases than most melees where you can feel safe without having to really turtle up. And you can still get some insurance against something slipping through if you're rocking a set like Ken+1.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-01 14:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Helpful video as always, and Malignance's awesome combo of stellar Meva and DT- (with Acc/STP for offense) is clearly the best option in at least 4/5 slots. Shigure Tekko arguably some use for hands, but even worse DPS and since they're so close in Meva I'd go with Malignance just due to the addition of DT-5%.

However... I dunno that I agree with there being "no alternatives" for those Malignance slots. Kendatsuba +1 set is also very strong on Meva, and paired with great DD stats. Take feet for example, it's only a difference of 11 Meva between Malignance (150) and Ken+1 (139). Malignance is better, but IMO Ken+1 certainly rises to the level of a valid alternative. Especially for for people who haven't been lucky enough to get a full 5/5 Malignance set, or for the many cases where you are comfortable balancing "good enough" Meva with stronger DPS.

I tend to use a 5/5 Ken+1 as my default capped delay TP set that provides a nice balance of strong Meva and DPS (except with Nagi, where I default to Malignance due to less TP dropoff thanks to STP working well with Mythic AM3 up). If I'm fighting something with truly deadly and frequent magic damage, or a predictable TP move, I'll swap to Malignance. And if I don't care about Meva or DT- (lower tier content, stuff where shadows/Migawari alone is sufficient), can go with a pure max DPS set with stuff like Adhemar +1 head/hands.

Shadows/Migawari are also a good thing to note. Meva/DT sets are often more useful for non-NIN jobs without such good damage mitigation tools. Obviously not everything can be dealt with via ninjutsu (-ga spells, some AoE TP moves, etc.), but NIN has a lot more cases than most melees where you can feel safe without having to really turtle up. And you can still get some insurance against something slipping through if you're rocking a set like Ken+1.

The main reason I didn't list alternatives that were more then 3-4 behind is because with this set specifically you need every bit of resistance possible. Adding up all those reductions to swap in Kendatsuba will add up to over 50 Meva by the end and the only time I use this set is when I am concerned most by the abilities coming at me. For instancing soloing vir'ava and not getting charmed. You really kind of walk the line with her and the magic evasion set on whether you will reliably resist her charms... if I lower it even 5-10 I start getting charmed about 50% of the time... couldn't imagine dropping as much as 50. So yea those are kind of close... but if I'm using this set it's because I'm not concerned with DPS or those others things... just resisting that move I'm so scared of. If I don't resist I at least know I did everything I could... that's way I look at it anyway.
[+]
By Taint 2020-12-01 14:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Kenda also has SB which can be a big deal. My first swap is 3 Malignance and 2 Kenda. 2nd swap is full Malignance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-12-01 15:34:25
Link | Citer | R

So your video is really about a panic set to try to avoid charm or whatever, no matter the cost. A lot of people just tp in a high mag eva set but not extreme more like just kenda +1/malignance combo so you can resist most debuffs while doing your damage/generating hate also this kind of set happens to have very high evasion as well making it easier to keep up shadows. If low manning you'll want to make sure you cap subtle blow as well.

Magic evasion is another area where run sub shines for nin giving access to both runes and gimpy bar spells.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-01 18:53:04
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Kenda also has SB which can be a big deal. My first swap is 3 Malignance and 2 Kenda. 2nd swap is full Malignance.

You actually should already have capped SB in this set by simply using Myoshu and Ternion Dagger I recommend... and that doesn't even take into account the up to 7 you get if you use the Tekko gloves I recommend so this should really be a non issue.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-01 19:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
So your video is really about a panic set to try to avoid charm or whatever, no matter the cost. A lot of people just tp in a high mag eva set but not extreme more like just kenda +1/malignance combo so you can resist most debuffs while doing your damage/generating hate also this kind of set happens to have very high evasion as well making it easier to keep up shadows. If low manning you'll want to make sure you cap subtle blow as well.

Magic evasion is another area where run sub shines for nin giving access to both runes and gimpy bar spells.

Yes. Naturally Ninja's two main tp sets of Kendatsuba and Malignance have High Magic Evasion so in the majority of situations that is enough and you get to keep that high MEva without a hit to DPS. This set is for avoiding spells/abilities that are nasty in the game that those sets won't be enough for.
This set adds over 225 Magic Evasion over a Kendatsuba +1 TP set... so while your DPS suffers your Magic Evasion is on a different level, hence the purpose of the set. This is in no way meant to be an ideal DPS set from any standpoint.
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-12-01 22:52:42
Link | Citer | R

Shigure Tekko +1 have +80 magic evasion as augment not 90 unless I'm missing something.

Mijin Path D has 20 magic evasion but probably isn't worth changing weapons. Odium has 13 magic evasion and dSTAT+13 but probably isn't worth using unless the target does death.

The SKC10s drop rings with 2 elements resist+20 if you're trying to resist a specific thing.

jwalamukhi ring
waterfall ring
wuji ring
icecrack ring
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-12-01 23:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Good call on the element resist+20 rings. Wuji probably the most useful (Light/Dark+20, Resist Charm, and Resist Sleep) - pretty nice for those niche applications to avoid Charm, Death, and Doom.

As noted above, I guess the idea here is more of a mega-resist set for stuff like Charm and maybe more focused on NIN solos. Personally, for anything with that scary of a status effect I'm far more likely to go on RUN main and laugh it off, or PUP tank (LOL your charm has no meaning to me). But I can see the niche appeal for very specific NIN use cases.

And hey, it never hurts to have a Malignance based Meva/DT- set for those big -ga nukes or predictable AoE magical moves where you can swap into your "magic turtle" set. Nice to be able to still maintain some decent offense while you do that. If you're concerned about mitigating magical *damage* at the expense of offense, Shigi's DT-5% is another offhand option to consider.

YMMV on cape augments, but I even stuck Meva on my main NIN TP Andartia's Mantle (DEX+30/Acc&Atk+20/DA+10/Meva+15) since it plays so nice with our good Kendatsuba OR Malignance TP sets. I' normally go PDT- or DT- on other jobs, but for NIN in particular I'm a little less worried about DT- on cape due to Utsusemi/Migawari. Resisting an AoE nuke or status effect in my TP gear is really nice.

Gonna also take the opportunity to note that Malignance set made Nagi SO, SO, SO much more practical. On the offensive side, you have less DPS loss from switching to Malignance than you would with other weapons due to Mythic AM3 pairing great with a heavy STP/Acc set. And for a tanky/hybrid situation for like a lowman group where you also want to do some damage alongside another melee DD or two, Enm+ on the weapon works well alongside a TP set with heavy Meva/DT- for those AoEs that shadows can't save you from.

In conclusion, MAKE NAGI EVERYONE.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-01 23:21:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Reain said: »
Shigure Tekko +1 have +80 magic evasion as augment not 90 unless I'm missing something.

Mijin Path D has 20 magic evasion but probably isn't worth changing weapons. Odium has 13 magic evasion and dSTAT+13 but probably isn't worth using unless the target does death.

The SKC10s drop rings with 2 elements resist+20 if you're trying to resist a specific thing.

jwalamukhi ring
waterfall ring
wuji ring
icecrack ring

Woops looks like I typo'ed the augment on the hands. However the Total I show of 116 is accurate with the 26 on the Gloves before augment.

I hadn't thought of using those weapons in so long but your absolutely right, there are some options there, thanks for pointing it out!

I had admittedly not seen those rings before, another good call as it will get you another 10-11 in a specific element.
By DaneBlood 2020-12-20 11:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Quick Questions just returned and working on my kannagi

what is the better weapon
Kannagi vs Kikoku or get both ?

which off hand weapons would be a quick nice one to use
I am currently using ochu. is it still fine or crap now ?

TY
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-12-20 12:04:16
Link | Citer | R

You can start to use a Tauret or Ternion +1 (Aug'd) offhand.

Even more so if you decide to go with Kannagi over Kikoku.

Kikoku will be better than Kannagi in more situations.

Expert Ninja advice: Get all ultimate weapons, except Nagi. Save that for last and loathe yourself the entire time you build it. :D
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-12-20 12:10:12
Link | Citer | R

I prefer Kannagi to Kikoku. They aren't so different in performance that you really need both unless you're a NIN completionist. Kannagi is more often higher DPS, I more or less just pull out Kikoku when for some reason Blade: Metsu is more helpful for SCs.

For offhand, daggers tend to be best these days. Ternion Dagger +1 with R15 augments is awesome, and generally the best offhand for any MH katana. Especially so for Kannagi MH, because Ternion AGI/WSD is very nice for Blade: Hi. Until then, Tauret is very good.

For situations requiring higher acc, Fudo Masamune > Gokotai for offhand.

Ochu's a little outdated, not terrible though.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-12-20 12:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Kikoku will be better than Kannagi in more situations.
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Kannagi is more often higher DPS

LOL dammit Langly! This fight again. I'm the pro-Kannagi voice of this forum and I will die on that hill (but to be fair, I don't think anyone here feels Kikoku and Kannagi are so wildly different in overall performance that one is miles better than the other).

But yeah people underrate the white damage from Kannagi. It's killer, especially with a decent amount of crit rate (which, hey, Innin + Kendatsuba...)

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Expert Ninja advice: Get all ultimate weapons, except Nagi. Save that for last and loathe yourself the entire time you build it. :D

You spelled LOVE wrong. Nagi is love, Nagi is life. But, uh... don't build it first. It's still much better than most people give it credit for. I was pleasantly surprised even though I thought I was trolling myself.
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2020-12-20 12:20:10
Link | Citer | R

Edit: Answered, ty!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-20 12:36:47
Link | Citer | R

Eh edit after my comment
[+]
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2020-12-20 12:38:46
Link | Citer | R

Thanks though!
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-12-21 00:21:23
Link | Citer | R

lol Cap. I like Kannagi more than kikoku too. But the additional damage you can net from Kikoku's SC's when applicable make me believe it's above.

When we get some outside sources of inflated crit rate/crit damage or Innin becomes non-directionally dependent I'll fully concede. :)
By Thunderjet 2020-12-21 01:12:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »

Yes. Naturally Ninja's two main tp sets of Kendatsuba and Malignance have High Magic Evasion so in the majority of situations that is enough and you get to keep that high MEva without a hit to DPS. This set is for avoiding spells/abilities that are nasty in the game that those sets won't be enough for.
This set adds over 225 Magic Evasion over a Kendatsuba +1 TP set... so while your DPS suffers your Magic Evasion is on a different level, hence the purpose of the set. This is in no way meant to be an ideal DPS set from any standpoint.

i no longer use kenda +1 set for TP, i really really think abju body and head nin/sam/mnk and the rest is rank 15 TOAU unm gear is better, unless ur fighting 150 nms or something, oh jesus u guys talking about magic evasion!!
By SimonSes 2020-12-21 02:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »
i no longer use kenda +1 set for TP, i really really think abju body and head nin/sam/mnk and the rest is rank 15 TOAU unm gear is better, unless ur fighting 150 nms or something, oh jesus u guys talking about magic evasion!!

It doesnt matter if you are fighting lv 120 or 150 mobs, it matters what are you doing. NIN solo? You want MEVA. NIN lowman? You probably tanking and want MEVA. Anything with AoE debuff vomit? You want MEVA. NIN mob that's about to blow up? You want MEVA.

ALSO in case of NIN, what are you suggesting actually?
Adhemar body and head and Tatenashi feet/legs/hands? That's a super fail set for nin.
1. You overcap dual wield with Adhemar body in capped magic haste scenario (which is almost always). So you are reducing TP gain for no reason.
2. Daken is big part of NIN tp gain and you suggest a set that has total of 35 ranged accuracy? Good luck with that XD
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-21 10:50:55
Link | Citer | R

Family, do not ever trust a player who doesn't value Magic Evasion in *all* sets.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-12-21 13:44:31
Link | Citer | R

What if you have near perfect 'React'ions. :D :D :D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-21 14:20:17
Link | Citer | R

xD False sense of security. If that were the case, you wouldn't have so many instances of people saying "it caught me in my TP/WS/FC set".

Really, the absolute worst feeling in this game is getting hit with something and saying "I should have been in my meva set that time".
[+]
 Siren.Sebian
Serveur: Siren
user: Camilien
By Siren.Sebian 2020-12-26 09:49:53
Link | Citer | R

For utsusemi casting, do people use a standard fast cast set or do you use relic body +3 and beads in neck ?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-26 16:48:36
Link | Citer | R

Niche, but anyone have something already built with enmity- a good chunk? (outside ambuscade)

No bard to sing enmity songs etc, just gear; innin and Yain get you -35~25 where's optimal to put the other 25

Everything is like -5 or less u_u; they need more enmity stuff in the game in general (Shigi is just really under powered but maybe)
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-26 17:21:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Sebian said: »
For utsusemi casting, do people use a standard fast cast set or do you use relic body +3 and beads in neck ?

Never use utsusemi casting gear, it doesn't reduce recast time and there is more then enough gear these days to hit the FC cap without them. This should help.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Arouis
user: arouis
By Asura.Arouis 2020-12-27 13:05:59
Link | Citer | R

Really enjoying playing Ninja and have decided I would like to invest into it. Anyone got some up to date DD sets//gear sets?
Also, best DPS Katana set and is there a difference for tanking//low man katana sets?
Thanks ^ ^
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 253 254 255