Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-29 18:05:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Psylo said: »
woo without malaise, nice you should have a good set
No my set is nowhere as good as the ones posted here.
I can tell you it's the best I could assemble with my available gear (used Simon's spreadsheet to find out the best pieces) but it's nowhere close to being a BiS set. I lack herculean armor with WSD.
This is the set I use:

Ammo: Seething Bomblet +1 (still R0!)
Head: Mochizuki+3 (5/5 on Macc and Mab)
Neck: Fotia
Ear1: Friomisi
Ear2: Moonshade
Body: Rawhide A
Hands: Leyline Gloves (perfect)
Ring1: Regal Ring
Ring2: Ilabrat Ring
Back: STR+30/AccAtt+20/WSD+10 cape
Waist: Fotia Belt
Legs: Hizamaru+2
Feet: Herculean (INT+4, DEX+8, Acc/Att+15, Macc/Mab+2, WSD+7%)

Weapons were R1 Heishi Shorinken MH, and Fudo Masamune OH.
I do have a Gokotai, but I'm currently farming RP on Fudo XD

So, it's a decent set overall, nowhere near the BiS.
I wasn't pulling off 99k on every single trash. I pulled a single 93k that I could notice. Maybe there have been more, but AVG was more around 50k or lower.
Still pretty good if you ask me, especially considering Malaise wasn't up on trash.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-29 18:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Head: Mochizuki+3 (5/5 on Macc and Mab)

?

The merits for macc and mab only affect ninjutsu damage, and the augment for that is on the feet and not the head. Why did you mention this with regards to hybrid set? You would use 5/5 innin for +5% wsd when fulfilling the positional requirement, for max damage I imagine.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-29 18:45:20
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah I was thinking about my dreams where the Head and Feet augs get swapped around, nvm me!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-29 18:51:12
Link | Citer | R

If that were the case it would be less ideal for hybrid than it is now, though the innin bonus is kind of hard to coordinate in messy zones like dynamis.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-29 19:04:16
Link | Citer | R

According to Simon's Spreadsheet Mochizuki+3 head is a very nice option even without any additional augment/bonus.
 Asura.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2020-11-01 14:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Looking for advice if possible. I'm soon about to R15 my Heishi and also planning on doing the same for Relic and Kannagi eventually. My question is, as someone who mostly just trust solo and sometimes duo - what use (if any) would I have of a Fudo? Not to keen on forking out 100+ M for something I might not need.
Thanks in advance :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-01 16:39:23
Link | Citer | R

I made a tanking fudo and have used it a total of one time in the past year, tanking a Reisenjima t4. And it was not really necessary to begin with. There's just not many times to utilize that weapon if you only play ninja for funsies and not primarily full time. It's a good offhand and I like having it around for the huge acc/att/racc and HP, but completely skippable for the average nin
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-11-01 19:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I made a tanking fudo and have used it a total of one time in the past year, tanking a Reisenjima t4. And it was not really necessary to begin with. There's just not many times to utilize that weapon if you only play ninja for funsies and not primarily full time. It's a good offhand and I like having it around for the huge acc/att/racc and HP, but completely skippable for the average nin

I didn't even augment it. Mine's still unaugmented. :D
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-01 20:13:07
Link | Citer | R

I didn't want to admit that it was a complete waste of 110M >.>
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-11-01 21:57:03
Link | Citer | R

I'd argue that Fudo C does have a good solo/lowman use for anything where you really want recast reduction. It can be pretty helpful in reliably going Utsu San>San, or for recasting Migawari on something that can wipe it (Cait Sith HTBF, Glazemane UNM, stuff like that).

Is it necessary? Nah. But still, that's a legitimate reason to use it and I get some use out of that.

B path Fudo Masamune also has some use for low TP feed fights. Subtle Blow +75, solid DPS.
[+]
 Asura.Alkk
By Asura.Alkk 2020-11-02 03:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Conflicting info xD Thanks though, will ponder on it
By Thunderjet 2020-11-02 04:24:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alkk said: »
Looking for advice if possible. I'm soon about to R15 my Heishi and also planning on doing the same for Relic and Kannagi eventually. My question is, as someone who mostly just trust solo and sometimes duo - what use (if any) would I have of a Fudo? Not to keen on forking out 100+ M for something I might not need.
Thanks in advance :)
Tp bonus offhand not only its good for ten u get the attack bonus for shun, so its usefull when u sc.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2020-11-02 04:26:34
Link | Citer | R

I only use fudo in precast utsu when i tank unengaged as nin/blu and did i use it often ?

No because atm PLD or RUN are better tank.

I spend a lot of time and gils in this job and i have to admit (like my pup) it was a complete waste of energy and its only because this job need and HUGE update.

Atm there is no reason to bring a NIN in event and that very sad.
 Asura.Alkk
By Asura.Alkk 2020-11-02 05:42:10
Link | Citer | R

Thunderjet said: »
Tp bonus offhand not only its good for ten u get the attack bonus for shun, so its usefull when u sc.

I'm confused. Are you saying I should mainhand Fudo with tpbonus katana offhand? In what scenario is that better than my r15 remas I listed?
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-11-02 07:51:34
Link | Citer | R

I have all three Fudo's along with Kannagi, Kikoku and Heishi... truthfully no the average Ninja does not need them. That being said they definitely have some solid uses.

Path C is unequivocally the best tanking katana for Ninja. Now, how often is your LS going to put you in the position to use it as opposed to actually just sending in a PLD or RUN to tank? 99% of ls's will just send in a PLD or RUN so it won't see use. However, if your LS is committed to you tanking higher end content (Reis, Omen, Dynamis-D) then this is the way to go.

Path B's Subtle Blow can be very powerful. There are some NM"s in the game that you just DON'T want using TP moves as they are that nasty. This Katana makes TP moves happen much less frequently making some very challenging mobs much easier to tank. How often you would use this will depend obviously on how often you fight these NM's solo as if you have a group of people hammering away on it this isn't really going to help you and you would be better served with Path C.

Path A is the first one I did and really is the runt of the group. I could find a use for it as a DD Katana if I didn't have a Kannagi, Kikoku or Heishi but if you have any other Rema, even a Nagi, I'd recommend going with that and it's hard to justify making this one.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By mhomho 2020-11-02 08:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Path C
Nagi light
Path B
Kikoku light
Path A
Kannagi light
I have all three Fudo's along with Kannagi, Kikoku and Heishi
Could have all 4 REMA. Could've mada a Nagi at the point of all 3 Fudo's. Whatever. Some people (monsters) like Diet Pepsi.
They're side grades, not replacements.
Facts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-02 08:30:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alkk said: »
Conflicting info xD Thanks though, will ponder on it

If you are concerned about the cost, just do what Langly said and leave it unaugmented. It's money in the bank you can cash in later and you can use it as an offhand for when you need serious accuracy (though im not sure it even wins handsomely there anymore). The sword can be filed under a "nice to have" category. Wouldn't say it's not a cool item but you simply don't need to drop a hundred milly on something you might not care to explore.
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-11-02 09:14:12
Link | Citer | R

I would rank 15 Heishi and skip rest unless there's katana adjustments.
[+]
 Asura.Alkk
By Asura.Alkk 2020-11-02 10:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Thanks everyone! Think I'll just skip it.
Shame the subtle blow don't work offhand or there would be no discussion.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-11-02 23:49:31
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
Could have all 4 REMA. Could've mada a Nagi at the point of all 3 Fudo's. Whatever. Some people (monsters) like Diet Pepsi.

Bruh... every time I see Logical I pester him to make the damn Nagi already and JOIN US :) He'll see one day. I'm pretty sure he'll do it!

That being said, my take on Fudos is a little different than yours.

Fudo A: Kannagi-light, agreed. The least useful Fudo path, I see no practical use for it if you have other RMEAs (especially if you have Kannagi).

Fudo B: Sorrrrt of like a Nagi-light, in that it's solid DPS with FUA acting a little like Mythic AM3 but not requiring maintaining aftermath. But pair that with NIN's only SBII item (aside from Domain Invasion only gear) for a low TP feed set. That being said, keep in mind that FUA = extra attacks per round. And more attacks = more TP feed, so it's not quite as potent for minimizing TP as you may initially think (having both, I think I usually prefer Fudo C's reduced Miga/Utsu recast for most dangerous mobs with deadly TP moves).

Fudo C: Legitimately its own thing. Niche weapon, but has uses for enmity generation (better than Nagi at that) and for the arguably even more potent tool of major Utsu/Migawari recast reduction. It's not just for tanking in large endgame events, it's also pretty great for lowman fights with deadly moves that can be mitigated by shadows and/or Migawari. Again though, pretty niche and more for a completionist NIN. Your average NIN would be better off getting a Heishi (or maybe just grab a Kikoku or Kannagi if Aeonics are less accessible for you but you want to do a REMA).

I could find a use for it as a DD Katana if I didn't have a Kannagi, Kikoku or Heishi but if you have any other Rema, even a Nagi, I'd recommend going with that and it's hard to justify making this one.
even a Nagi

SMDH, someone doesn't yet see the light. I admit that was once me, before listening to Mho-senpai and recognizing the error of my former Nagi-bashing ways. It's so much better DPS-wise than its reputation though, that TP gain + Malignance gear safety + Mythic AM procs on WS + Kamu not actually being trash with the weapon-specific boosts.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-11-09 15:57:35
Link | Citer | R

A Guide to Ninja Episode 24 is out covering Elite Evasion Gearsets. 3 more gearset video's to go! Magic Evasion, Magic Defense and Defense/HP

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-11-10 00:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Worth noting that Mambo is really nice if you ever find reason to use an Evasion setup and have a non-trust BRD. Marcato Dragonfoe Mambo alone = 204 Evasion. If you really wanted to go nuts for some fight, SV Mambo x2 = 454 Evasion.

Sometimes I pull that out when I want to tank trash mobs with less shadow recasts. Those are situations where you may not really need some other BRD songs anyway. Like, you aren't really using Madrigals in that situation and you can get enough haste from trusts without needing 2 Marches (may not even need 1, just let trusts cap your haste and use your +8/+9 BRD songs for stuff that the player BRD can do FAR better than a trust). So you're really just loading up on Minuets (and may be able to cap with just a couple of them) and have some room for Mambos.

Malignance gear also made it SO much more practical to try some Evasion setups again. Great Eva/Meva/DT-, and not a huge DPS loss. Especially if you're capping atk and taking advantage of Malignance PDL+. Before Malignance, I really couldn't justify the DPS sacrifices you had to make to use evasion sets.
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2020-11-10 03:49:46
Link | Citer | R

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/nomadmogbon/#_7

Mog Kupon AW-GeIII This kupon can be redeemed for one of the following spoils from Geas Fete (content level: 119+).

Katanas - >>Nagi<< - Aizushintogo - Kanaria

wtf? did they troll me or is there another "nagi" idk about?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-11-10 03:56:49
Link | Citer | R

it's supposed to be mijin
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-11-11 03:20:44
Link | Citer | R

The site also lists the Scythe with Souleater effects as a weapon for DRG only, and an "Ebisu Fishing Mod". So yeah, the proofreading isn't great.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-17 11:35:47
Link | Citer | R

I'll follow-up this comment I made before about this upgrade path being less than necessary. This month's ambu is one of the rare months it actually shines incredibly well, so I wanted full disclosure. NIN does superb in this fight. Was able to 4-man VD1 and tanked on NIN, but the first run I struggled to keep shadows up with the wyverns x3 and target attacking me ( was using Heishi/Ternion at first). It wasn't hard but was inconsistent and annoying. The moment I switched to Fudo Masamune/Shuhansudamune, I was able to string together San-Ni-San so much easier. So the weapon path has a nice use this month I will say. I swapped back to Heishi/Ternion after adds were dead for max damage.

I still would say it's not necessary for people to dump so much money into a not-often-used weapon on a not-so-used job, unless they love it. I happen to love NIN, so I did, but I am sure a really good ninja without one could still tank the ambu just as fine with good timing. Not a practical idea to dump 110M into a weapon for one month, but It was a ton of fun using it. So I stand corrected.
By mhomho 2020-11-17 14:53:00
Link | Citer | R

I was able to string together San-Ni-San so much easier
R15 Kikoku has similar Ninjutsu recast down. (25 on fudo, 20 on kik).
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2020-11-17 15:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
R15 Kikoku has similar Ninjutsu recast down. (25 on fudo, 20 on kik).

Hmmm I never noticed that. But suddendly, R15ing Kikoku got so tempting!
[+]
By Nariont 2020-11-17 15:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Kikokus aug is casting time, not recast.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 204 205 206 ... 253 254 255