Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-23 04:43:32
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
I need a few. Lugra+1 on top, but probably Sailfi+1, Metamorph+1 and Gelatinous+1 as well.
Oh Assiduity+1 as well, maybe Unmoving+1, not sure.

I have almost 4 items from that list at R15 from self farming only :P
Less self-farming, more spreadsheet developing, yo!

Not really efficient to self-farm when you have no mules ^_^'''
 Cerberus.Okita
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pent
By Cerberus.Okita 2020-03-24 05:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Right now I'm using mostly the relic (Mochi) +3 set to tp in. Would it be worth it for me to invest in Adhemar for an alternate TP set or should I work more on WS Set? Mind you I have heishi r15 and am working on ambu katana for OH.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-24 07:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Im about to start rambling about how disappointing NIN JSE is...

tldr; Get Adhemar body/hands/head(+1), full Kendatsuba/+1(I skipped the hands), as much Malignance as you can, and you are probably fine for 95% of NIN uses. The NIN JSE is really not that significant for TP sets especially. I would start working on those other sets I mentioned, because NIN is a Damage over Time kind of job that thrives on fast TP to pump out great WS>SC>MB damage. You want as little gap in-between spamming those sweet Shun/Hi/Metsu/Tens to keep your damage potential high, and Mochizuki +3 set won't help there much.

The good thing is, if you've already finished Mochi+3, you have at least a few pieces you could use for NIN WS and MB, so you're partly there.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-24 07:39:20
Link | Citer | R

Relic Body, AF body, Relic Legs, AF legs are all potentially decent swaps to TP in when you're building lowhaste/highDW sets.

AF hands are an interesting but ultimately inferior TP option. I guess if you get *** about Daken, sure.

Wouldn't really bother with any other option for TP °-°
But all of the mentioned pieces are completely skippable, just like Buukki said.
[+]
 Cerberus.Okita
By Cerberus.Okita 2020-03-24 09:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Im about to start rambling about how disappointing NIN JSE is...

tldr; Get Adhemar body/hands/head(+1), full Kendatsuba/+1(I skipped the hands), as much Malignance as you can, and you are probably fine for 95% of NIN uses. The NIN JSE is really not that significant for TP sets especially. I would start working on those other sets I mentioned, because NIN is a Damage over Time kind of job that thrives on fast TP to pump out great WS>SC>MB damage. You want as little gap in-between spamming those sweet Shun/Hi/Metsu/Tens to keep your damage potential high, and Mochizuki +3 set won't help there much.

The good thing is, if you've already finished Mochi+3, you have at least a few pieces you could use for NIN WS and MB, so you're partly there.

Alright so A body/hands/head +1 to tp? What is the Kendatsuba for then? Feet and legs I'd assume? Asking because I feel like the guide is outdated. Is none of the hachiya worth it outside of head and maybe feet +3?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-24 09:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Idk, the guide looks pretty up to date to me, besides maybe a few recent items from HTBF and UNM upgrades. What's outdated?

Yes, Adhemar head/body/hands but under certain conditions. Kendatsuba +1 set is always going to be your high end acc/racc/crit/TA set that has a huge meva value, and also doubles as some pretty good WS pieces. On higher end content, accuracy matters, so you shouldn't take it for granted you will be acc/racc capped on most things. Kendatsuba +1 is a great set to have for melee, but I find myself using it most of the time just because its so versatile (it also has the benefit of Subtle Blow, though NIN doesn't suffer there at all).

When fully haste capped, the Adhemar Body+1's DW+6% affects your TP gain in a negative way, so you would swap that body out for Kendatsuba +1, as the multi-attack, accuracy, ranged accuracy, and crit rate are all great stats for NIN.

The hands are probably going to always be a fulltime melee piece, except for when you are casting or need meva/dt, in which case Malignance are really good. You can choose to keep those, I didn't buy Ken+1 hands but they are good multi-purpose melee hands. And they are great for Shun as well.

The head is going to be great also, but keep in mind it doesn't offer incredible accuracy outside of the Dex path. And Racc is useful for Daken anyways. But it offers good attack and ratt, so it's a good piece for when you don't need acc, and the Crit Damage +6% is nice touch for ninja.

You would carry both Kenda+1 and Adhemar +1 sets/pieces and mix and match your builds according to what you're fighting. Fodder and low on buffs (not haste capped), I use adhemar. Getting buffs, I use Kenda and Samnuha legs. Need meva, I use Malignance + Kendatsuba. But in general, Kendatsuba is an upgrade over Adhemar because the accuracy/racc + TA is your bread and butter for most things.

As for the artifact, feet for moving, macc, and nuking (burst). head for WS and macc, and that's mostly the important pieces.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-03-24 09:47:00
Link | Citer | R

As per the first page, if something needs to be changed, anyone can send me a note. I stopped trying to update things immediately because for a year + the items database wouldn't be updated after a version update for weeks. And at that point.... I'd forget to update something. :D

The fact that it looks out of date, may be more of a testament to the fact that SE is stupid slow with useful gear/JOB updates for NIN. :(
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 09:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Personally I wouldnt ever use anything beside kendatsuba and malignance for tp. Losing accuracy on Daken will impact you more than any gains you can get from swaping to any adhemar piece or semnuha legs imo.
 Cerberus.Okita
By Cerberus.Okita 2020-03-24 10:23:47
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Personally I wouldnt ever use anything beside kendatsuba and malignance for tp. Losing accuracy on Daken will impact you more than any gains you can get from swaping to any adhemar piece or semnuha legs imo.
So...just save for that? Skip out on Ad +1 for now then?
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-03-24 10:28:25
Link | Citer | R

*** your play style. If you don't need the extra racc, adhemar will outperform.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 11:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
*** your play style. If you don't need the extra racc, adhemar will outperform.

Hands are the only piece worth getting for TP, unless you build Kannagi white damage setup, then head is good too.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-24 12:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Okita said: »
So...just save for that? Skip out on Ad +1 for now then?
Adhemar+1 is a good investment, as other jobs its much more useful to TP in.
Plus it makes a good multi-hit (and crit based) WS body.

So get it anyways, even if it's not what you're gonna TP in on NIN. (Makes a good THF TP body.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-24 13:02:43
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, I downgrade to adhemar when I am low on buffs, as the extra attack will help me out a little bit. Not being haste capped, it's the best TP body you can use with the least amount of sacrifices. Which, on a job with no natural way to push their dps, making intelligent sacrifices/downgrades are important so that you don't hurt your damage TOO much. It all depends on what you're fighting. I happen to use Adhemar +1 for wave1 fodder and other accolade dump nonsense, since I know i'll never have accuracy issues with just a sushi and my normal tp set. But on anything serious, I am always swapping into Su3. I wouldn't recommend skipping it, but even if you did, you would be fine with Su3.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-03-28 18:33:15
Link | Citer | R

what's the best offhand for Kannagi? Fudo?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-28 19:17:54
Link | Citer | R

Taka used to be the best offhand for kannagi, but I doubt that's still the case though...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-28 23:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Fudo or Tauret should be the best for most situations.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-03-29 16:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fudo or Tauret should be the best for most situations.

Why Tauret? No Agi on it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-03-30 14:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Good combination of damage and delay. But mostly delay.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Serveur: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-30 16:04:00
Link | Citer | R

Ternion Dagger +1 not cool anymore?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-03-31 18:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Still nifty for a Kannagi, but the lower dmg compared to a Tauret isn't worth the lower 5 delay. (Last I looked at a spreadsheet *shrugs*)
By AsAller 2020-04-02 19:25:03
Link | Citer | R

What would you pair with a magical WS, like Leaden, dyna farm?

Blade: Ei? Yu?

or go with more of a hybrid like Chi?

Have there been updated sets for any of these weaponskills posted lately?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-04-02 19:32:57
Link | Citer | R

It depends on the zone. A hybrid would work well enough in Jeuno and Bastok but would be fairly shitty in Windurst or San d'Oria, assuming you're pulling statues geared towards Leaden damage. Ei is probably your best bet in the other zones. If your group can handle AoEing, then Aeolian is also an option.
By AsAller 2020-04-02 19:39:13
Link | Citer | R

What kind of numbers for Ei or Aeolian could be expected? Usually, have a couple BLM so AoE would be suitable, too.

Are the sets on the front page still pretty legit?
 Odin.Nappy
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2020-04-10 16:36:03
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-11 12:53:28
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have AF+3 hands/legs in any of their TP sets? Can't decide if they're worth bothering with. Even in my 0% Haste builds, I'm using Kendatsuba legs and filling DW in other slots, so legs currently feel like a waste to me. And I'm not sure if some weird Daken builds are a thing to make hands worth making unless you *really* care about that extra damage while a mob has Perfect Dodge up and they take low magic damage, lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-12 08:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Legs can be a nice DW piece with accuracy for 0% haste builds.
You need like ~39% DW in gear with 0% haste iir, so clearly you cannot equip too many Kendatsuba+1 pieces.
Now we could discuss the utility of such a sets, in an era where you can use trusts pretty much everywhere, BUT if we want to talk about such a set, then yes the AF+3 legs can be a decent swap with DW and accuracy.

DW builds kinda depend a lot on which other DW pieces you decide to use, so it's hard to say if they're gonna have a role or not in a specific set.

As for the AF+3 hands, math shows they are inferior to a plethora of other options. Malignance if overcapped on att, Herc with good augs, Kendatsuba+1... I mean they're not bad but they're tipically behind.
If someone is obsessed with Daken then go for it, while inferior hey're still ok. For everybody else I wouldn't advise getting them honestly.
 Phoenix.Logical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-04-16 21:31:42
Link | Citer | R

Finally made it to the Elite Sets (BiS). TP DW0 set is the first of many covered. Hope this helps people currently gearing the job.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-04-16 22:48:33
Link | Citer | R

do nuking next plz :D
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-17 01:53:42
Link | Citer | R

I was going to comment on why the BIS set prioritized STP and was better but you corrected yourself later in the video :3
Well done.

Not sure about the situational piece in Zukin +1; Do you actually get the DA bonus if you don't fulfill the positional requirement for Innin (behind opponent)? I always assumed you didn't, since you don't get any of the merit bonuses for Innin if you're not behind opponent. Asking, not sure it was actually doing anything for you in those tests toward the end.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 178 179 180 ... 253 254 255