Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Sword Art Online [spoilers]
Sword Art Online [spoilers]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-10 14:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Ahhh that was such a good episode!!! Damn Kirito is such a bad ***.
Also thanks for the HorribleSubs website. Def going to them for quick translations and anime at 1080p. Gonna need a new HDD :]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dalmat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dalmat
By Quetzalcoatl.Dalmat 2012-11-10 18:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Keep up the support on horriblesubs grab the seeds from the site itself just so they can have more hits ;D
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2012-11-10 18:27:38
Link | Citer | R

One thing to consider, is that like many tales of heroic characters in MMO's, is that once something has happened, other players will take famous names for themselves, which may explain why Suguha doesn't match that her cousin is the same Kirito again.
 Sylph.Knala
Serveur: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-10 20:40:52
Link | Citer | R

If that were the case in both the novel or the anime the name should have sparked at least some kind of reaction, in the novel I believe he used slightly different characters for kirito when he chose the name.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Serveur: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-11-10 20:48:19
Link | Citer | R

Anyway the only reason Kirito's toon looks like his old one is because the SAO data interfered when he started this new game, iirc ALO was supposed to make character appearance a random thing.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-10 21:02:20
Link | Citer | R

More like they copied the character design from the light novels pictures.
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-11-11 10:56:09
Link | Citer | R

SAO special #1

Ok first of all i thought .. WTF is this *** .. but a few bits did make me lol.. lets be honest PLENTY of guys in ffxi pretend to be girls for help

Your text to link here...
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2012-11-11 11:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »
Anyway the only reason Kirito's toon looks like his old one is because the SAO data interfered when he started this new game, iirc ALO was supposed to make character appearance a random thing.

perhaps him being able to turn into a monster now is a trade off he got from his old twin blader ability?
 Cerberus.Eugene
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-12 21:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Izilder said: »
god damn all fillers !

but i suppose we got one interesting bit of information out of the epi.
There was a ton of interesting content in terms of world development, faction development, and character development in that episode. The main plot didn't advance all that much, but there was tons of detail otherwise.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-12 22:19:49
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Angeluzun said: »

perhaps him being able to turn into a monster now is a trade off he got from his old twin blader ability?

According to the book description it seemed as if he was a different person or rather that his appearance was truly picked randomly. Had his SAO apearance (aka his real appearance) persisted Suguha (lyfa) would have recognized him, they copied the novel's art of Kirito the sprigan which looked just like Kirito of SAO (diffrent hair style)/Kazuto of real life, in the novel the only connection that suguha makes and only after learning the truth (IIRC) was the similarities in Kirito(sprigan) and kazuto's sword style (from when they dueled IRL)

Also the monster thing was Illusion magic which is the sprigan race specialty, just he full on cheated and yui taught him a high level illusion spell.
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2012-11-17 11:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Raw is up
By Enuyasha 2012-11-17 15:48:28
Link | Citer | R

If the "Dual Wield" skill doesnt exist in ALO...how was he able to use the other sword.....i dont understand...plot holes, why!?
 Shiva.Gansito
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2012-11-17 15:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
If the "Dual Wield" skill doesnt exist in ALO...how was he able to use the other sword.....i dont understand...plot holes, why!?
HACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By tamarand 2012-11-17 16:04:10
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »

If I remember correctly in ALO it doesn't stop people from using two swords, there is just no abilities from the game helping you. The reason Kirito was able to do so was from his experience in SAO that taught him how to use two swords. So there are no skills that you can use two swords with just swordsmanship which Kirito excels in.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-11-17 21:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Hmm I thought he specifically said his DW was gone though, that's the only reason it confused me
By Zenaku14 2012-11-17 21:39:51
Link | Citer | R

The game level by your memory experience with kirito being so skill in dual Wield om SAO you can see how he could easy use two sword in this game. It's not like the system does not allow you to use two swords if you find a way you can do it. It's not like our mmo where there rules set and you have to follow them. In games like SAO we find out you could come back from death just enough to kill the other person if your mind is strong enough. So in the new game there playing it's base of the old system so i can understand how people can do thing that are not said in the game. There no rules saying you can't so if your mind knows how to do it you can which he can due to SAO memory experience.

The Illusion magic he use i would not say he cheated yui is not allow to change anything within the game but she know everything within the game. I don't think he cheated for say just yui told him the words for it and if his char high enough then he can use it which it work out fine seeing how he somewhat very high level in the new game thanks to SAO.
 Lakshmi.Leonien
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Leonien
By Lakshmi.Leonien 2012-11-18 11:18:15
Link | Citer | R

People keep forgetting the SAO system is pratically the ALO system. But with magic added and that nonsense. So its easily understandable that he would be able to use 2swords.
And the use of skill (Remember the magic words, for the magic etc) rather than gaining levels to obtain abilities can in a way contribute to this.
By volkom 2012-11-18 11:34:40
Link | Citer | R

I find it funny~ everyone complains in the show that illusion magic sucks~ obviously they never played guildwars and played as a mesmer :|
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-11-24 15:01:34
Link | Citer | R

suddenly tentacles

[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-11-24 15:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Hmm I thought he specifically said his DW was gone though, that's the only reason it confused me

I think in ALO, you simply don't need it. If it's something you can realistically imagine yourself doing, or otherwise know how to do, then you should be able to pull it off. It's just that he doesn't have access to any sword arts, so any moves he performs will have to be done manually.
By Chimerawizard 2012-11-24 16:28:30
Link | Citer | R

If you complaining about DW in ALO, please read SAO books 3&4. It covers all of that, but in general, how damage works in that game is something like:

attack speed + skill + weapon base damage = actual damage

If you equip something that is no supposed to be there, the stats on the item are set to = 0. IE, wearing boots w/ movement speed+12 in the hands slot will yield +0 movement speed. and I think ALO would allow boots in the hands slot.
the end result for anyone other than kirito: speed=20-100 + skill=n/a + weapon base damage=0 = crap dmg, where their main hand probably has a dmg stat somewhere around 700 since skill levels are lost when a character dies. Kirito on the other hand has a boatload of speed, probably like 1000, so ... weapon in random slot is OK!

I'm angry about this episode in particular cause they were supposed to get sucked into a dungeon and stuck there almost all night (til about 4am) when they finally get out and find that it took them into the middle of town and the exit vanished as soon as they were through.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-24 21:05:16
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention they encounter the location of the legendary sword excalibur along with the means by which to obtain it which thus far been a mystery, that is the only things known about it was the fact it existed.
SAO special #1

Ok first of all i thought .. WTF is this *** .. but a few bits did make me lol.. lets be honest PLENTY of guys in ffxi pretend to be girls for help

Your text to link here...

Didn't address this earlier the whole sex change thing was an anime additive, according to the book you could not choose a gender that was opposite of your actual due to the issues with physiological/psychological conflicts as the virtual body is for all intents and purposes is a real body within the virtual environment. That said it was a pretty accurate portrayal of an MMO player base even if contrary to the book, hell i'm a male who plays as a mithra...
By Chimerawizard 2012-11-24 21:17:47
Link | Citer | R

that's true on both points. Also, you're terrible for pretending to be a girl to get help...
saying that even though in the original version of everquest I enjoyed the hell out of roleplaying as a girl. though my brother did even better, getting expensive christmas presents and everything.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-24 21:26:51
Link | Citer | R

i've never once tried to act as a girl... just figured i'd rather stare at a cute avatar if i was going to play this long term... that and the mad mad dex i needed to play thf >.> (was a good call got 8 years out of this game)
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2012-11-24 22:30:41
Link | Citer | R

Going back to your post about the sword. I was expecting this episode to be in the dungeon. Then when they just showed up in the town, i was like, hmm did I miss an episode lol. Went back through all the ones I have downloaded.

All I know is, if he brings out you know what at the end, Ill be wondering why they didnt explain that....
By Zenaku14 2012-11-24 23:29:22
Link | Citer | R

I can't believe she still does not know that his brother -.- i mean come on at this point is just dumb like hell the guy look like your brother sound like your brother and even have the sword art online name even tho someone else could use it. it still sound like him they both up very late at night and only see eachother when playing so that the dumbest thing for me about the show so far.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2012-11-24 23:31:56
Link | Citer | R

Can't wait to see their reactions once they do find out they are relatives. Just that much more excitement. A lot of online players are strict about revealing their real selves. Still you are right. Really strange leafa can't tell that is her brother. His character sort of looks like him. Wonder how far he will get to the top of the tree. His chara's coding is rule breaking. Maybe he'll make it.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-11-24 23:46:45
Link | Citer | R

This is like Claymore all over again. They are skipping around between the manga and anime, and some things that should be in the story are not while other things are getting added to the anime (not in the manga). Oh well, not like it will stop me from watching the anime.

Still a decent story, and anyone who likes MMO's should at least watch the anime at some point.
 Fenrir.Kut
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2012-11-24 23:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Zenaku14 said: »
I can't believe she still does not know that his brother -.- i mean come on at this point is just dumb like hell the guy look like your brother sound like your brother and even have the sword art online name even tho someone else could use it. it still sound like him they both up very late at night and only see eachother when playing so that the dumbest thing for me about the show so far.

Everything about what happened in SAO including his character name is supposed to be classified. That's why he was surprised in the hospital when Sugou knew his in-game name.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Serveur: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-11-25 00:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
while other things are getting added to the anime (not in the manga).

What got added, I didn't notice anything other than the glaring omission of the dungeon under the city.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13