First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Asura.Izilder
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-12-22 13:14:43
Link | Citer | R

if today was the last it was good but bad ;;

Also totally random - but Ive been looking for some new Anime to watch and came across this one ... the main toon really sounds like Korito's voice bizarre! (hope its not crap lol)

http://www.chia-anime.com/kamisama-no-memochou/watch-kamisama-no-memochou-episode-1.html
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-12-22 14:43:23
Link | Citer | R

It would be nice if they continue with the anime version of the story but if they are just going to butcher it like so many other manga to anime series ... I'd rather they just leave it end at that episode.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-12-22 15:26:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
It would be nice if they continue with the anime version of the story but if they are just going to butcher it like so many other manga to anime series ... I'd rather they just leave it end at that episode.

remember reading on ANN that it was already renewed for season two a while back.

edit: too lazy to find the link.
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2012-12-22 15:45:16
Link | Citer | R

Damn it was the same voice over actor ... really would be cool to see another 2 seasons with

Gun Gale Online

Kirito helps investigate the mysterious connection between it and deaths occurring in the real world. Kirito, assisted by a female player he meets in the game called Sinon, eventually identifies and exposes the culprits with include some former members of a murderous guild he had previously encountered in SAO.

and UnderWorld Online (similar to Accel World)

After solving the murders in GGO, Kirito is recruited to assist in the development of a state-of-the-art game, UnderWorld (UW), which has an interface that is far more realistic and complex than the previous games he had played. In UW, the flow of time proceeds thousands of times faster than in the real world. However, Kirito ends up falling into a trap set by one of the murderers from GGO and wakes up inside the game, unable to log out, with his real self left in a comatose state. As Kirito begins to have his memories entangled with his experiences in the game, it becomes more difficult for him to tell reality and fiction apart. Meanwhile, Asuna, Suguha and Sinon also log themselves into UW in an attempt to help him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshitsugu_Matsuoka

He has been in loads and the follwing ive watched and never knew lol - he likes getting big part roles @@

The Qwaser of Stigmata II as Leon Max Muller
Black Rock Shooter as Taku Katsuchi
Campione! as Godōu Kusanagi
High School DxD as Freed Sellzen
Hori-san to Miyamura-kun: Shingakki as Izumi Miyamura
Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne as Array
Sword Art Online as Kirito / Kazuto Kirigaya
Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo as Sorata Kanda
 Fenrir.Camiie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-12-22 16:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo as Sorata Kanda

Kirito can handle virtual death games with his Marty Stu Power, but he'd be totally helpless on Mashiro Duty.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-12-22 17:00:23
Link | Citer | R

We probably won't get to experience a VRMMO in our lifetime.
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2012-12-22 17:33:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »
I just read something that said that (ep25) is going to be the last can anyone confirm for me if this is true or not.or if there is going to be more.i would love to see more sword art online.have them do something with what happens at the end of (ep24).

25 is the last, who knows if they decide to do a second season, since 3rd part of the novel is as long as the first 2 together.
By Zenaku14 2012-12-22 23:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu said: »
We probably won't get to experience a VRMMO in our lifetime.

Nope :(
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-12-23 00:16:56
Link | Citer | R

might be posable look at the time we took to get from pong to were we are now double that time we probly will have them or close
By Eijii 2013-01-18 06:08:17
Link | Citer | R

This is how 1st season should have ended :/

[+]
 Asura.Escorian
user: Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2013-01-18 15:03:43
Link | Citer | R

so is there any hint or anything on the next season or did it finish?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2013-01-18 15:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Escorian said: »
so is there any hint or anything on the next season or did it finish?
aneplex is doing a live pannel later today there might be some info then on sao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge1lbOOcm8Y maby they might dub it or do something to get the anime on blue ray subbed for america
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-01-18 15:40:15
Link | Citer | R

I needed a single image I could refer to when anybody asks me to explain Sword Art Online. - Monica Ray (artist)
 Fenrir.Camiie
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2013-01-18 15:42:21
Link | Citer | R

Eijii said: »
This is how 1st season should have ended :/

I'm not much of a yaoi fan, but eh I do think Klein needs some lovin'!
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2013-01-18 20:09:46
Link | Citer | R

that stream is live now.
 Asura.Escorian
By Asura.Escorian 2013-01-18 20:42:22
Link | Citer | R

.... no news on sword art online at all except the author will be at sakuracon
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2013-01-18 21:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Escorian said: »
.... no news on sword art online at all except the author will be at sakuracon
ya :/ but least got the sao/accel world cross over event thing to look forward to for anouncements
By Eijii 2013-01-18 21:26:22
Link | Citer | R

SAO and Accel world Cross over.. omg gave my an idea for my next Ms.Paint masterpiece :D
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-02-09 11:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Just started watching this....interesting so far. Only on ep.2 XD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [296 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-12-02 08:04:49
Link | Citer | R

necro time and i dont even care ! SAO update news!

1. we can expect an SAO "extra addition" out at xmas time (guess that means an OVA?)

http://www.swordart-onlineusa.com/

2. yes... next year a SAO MMO......jesus and the holy spirits...i want my nerve gear helm and my floor 100 win right now.

http://www.onrpg.com/videos/aeria-games-official-sword-art-online-teaser-trailer/

ps: If i find out this is for Asia only im gonna be pissed lol - then move to Asia and profit.

3. Still waiting on any season 3/4 news ;;
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-12-02 08:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Izilder said: »
necro time and i dont even care ! SAO update news!

1. we can expect an SAO "extra addition" out at xmas time (guess that means an OVA?)

http://www.swordart-onlineusa.com/

2. yes... next year a SAO MMO......jesus and the holy spirits...i want my nerve gear helm and my floor 100 win right now.

http://www.onrpg.com/videos/aeria-games-official-sword-art-online-teaser-trailer/

ps: If i find out this is for Asia only im gonna be pissed lol - then move to Asia and profit.

3. Still waiting on any season 3/4 news ;;
Love the idea of a possible OVA.

That second video is cruel.

As much as I want them to release more I'm not gonna put too much faith in the idea and I'd be far too worried of it going on for too long.
 Sylph.Linkk
Serveur: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-12-02 09:23:18
Link | Citer | R

One of my fav anime's of all time. Love me some Asuna. Ride or die chick. Just waiting for the next light novel to be released.
Serveur: Cactuar
Game: FFXIV
user: Lian
By Poupee Goo 2013-12-02 14:06:54
Link | Citer | R

this anime...is so messed up in every way. especially the second part. I felt so uncomfortable watching it
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2013-12-31 11:09:46
Link | Citer | R

the 100min extra edition is now out online!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art-online/episode-1-648529

And season 2 (should really be called season 3 but ok..) is 100 % confirmed for 2014 now on crunchyroll.. light sabers and guns i see no problem with this XD

http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-news/2013/12/31/sword-art-online-ii-anime-activated

Your text to link here...
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-15 00:19:23
Link | Citer | R

So I know that I'm well behind the curve in having only recently heard about this anime. I spent the past couple days watching it and really had to force myself through the last 15 or so episodes. By god, this thing was awful. The squick, the harem, the total lack of character, the constant deus ex machina or just straight-up breaking of the universe's rules (often with no explanation whatsoever), and the woefully, boringly predictable plot. I'm not even a serious fan of anime, so it wasn't familiarity with the tropes of the genre that made the thing duller than watching paint dry.

Just... wow, was this bad. I needed to say it somewhere.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-01-15 00:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
So I know that I'm well behind the curve in having only recently heard about this anime. I spent the past couple days watching it and really had to force myself through the last 15 or so episodes. By god, this thing was awful. The squick, the harem, the total lack of character, the constant deus ex machina or just straight-up breaking of the universe's rules (often with no explanation whatsoever), and the woefully, boringly predictable plot. I'm not even a serious fan of anime, so it wasn't familiarity with the tropes of the genre that made the thing duller than watching paint dry.

Just... wow, was this bad. I needed to say it somewhere.

I had to force myself through the first part (which I started a couple months ago..), and after watching a single episode of part 2, there was no chance I'd continue with it..I never understood the hype.
[+]
By volkom 2014-01-15 00:42:00
Link | Citer | R

bunch of haters
Serveur: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Yomisha
By Yomisha Belmont 2014-01-15 01:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Would like an example of a good anime from you two. The complaints there essentially described almost anything animated that you would watch... ever. To each their own, but I really am baffled, lol.
 Ragnarok.Tarage
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tarage
By Ragnarok.Tarage 2014-01-15 02:23:16
Link | Citer | R

I'll help with that.

Steins;Gate
Cowboy Bebop
Fullmetal Alchemist
Clannad
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Gintama
Mushishi
GTO

SAO is horrible. The main character is a Marty Stu in every sense of the word. Every character with a vagina lusts after him. He has the ability to do whatever he wants. He's dark and brooding with nothing to back up his paper thin characterization. If you like it, that's fine, but recognize that it is far from 'the best' anime out there. It doesn't even rank in the top 10, or top 100. You should watch more anime before you say such ridiculous claims.

The anime did a great job of using supplementary material to fill in the weak points of the entire first half. Any parts of the story that didn't specifically focus on Asuna and Kirito were from stories written years AFTER the first story was published. The author of SAO is ashamed of his story. He decided that his next story would feature a main character that was in every way not Kirito. He made him fat, ugly, cowardly, and unliked by almost every other character. The result was a work far superior, Accel World.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-15 03:38:48
Link | Citer | R

Yomisha Belmont said: »
Would like an example of a good anime from you two. The complaints there essentially described almost anything animated that you would watch... ever. To each their own, but I really am baffled, lol.
The problem is the degree. Lots of words to follow.

You ask a question that is self-contradictory. You want to know what I consider to be good anime and then you follow it up with pointing out that animated things have certain problems in common. I'm an aficionado of Western animation, so I want to point out that a lot of the problems with anime are problems of the industry, not of the medium (anime is the industry, animation is the medium -- I don't consider anime to be a medium).

Good anime:
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (this is a really good example of how to make a Mary Sue character tolerable, in part because Edward is a long way from perfect by in-universe standards)
most work by Studio Ghibli
Madoka Magica

There are some other examples that at least show how to do things better. For basic shounen stuff, the original bits of Naruto (before the onslaught of filler) were actually fairly good. It was generic and predictable, yes, and the villains were rather one-dimensional, but the characters had character, the women were people, and practically everyone had to actually grow and change on some level. The only other harem anime I can remember watching was Tenchi Muyo and while it isn't a great show by any stretch, it was nowhere near as execrable in its treatment of all the women. It was still stupid that they were chasing after a largely oblivious male (this stuff is blatant wank fantasy, which makes it weird that the audience-insert male lead seems to survive just fine in spite of having the world's most throbbingly blue balls ever), but the girls were active participants. Seriously, Kirito consistently told his women to sit in the back in spite of Asuna and Leafa being extremely competent swordswomen -- is that supposed to be laudable? AKIRA famously has a rushed and poorly-explained plot but makes up for it with a visual style that is still arresting 20 years later.

Or we could look at Western animation. Avatar: The Last Airbender is a clear homage to anime (while still using Western episodic storytelling) and it falls into almost none of the usual traps. The Venture Brothers shows how to make despicable characters entertaining and, in spite of that, still has coherent character arcs and plot development despite being ostensibly episodic. I'd sooner watch reruns of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles than suffer Sword Art Online again if only because the former doesn't involve incest. Ugh.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13