Distance For "strikes True"?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Distance for "strikes true"?
Distance for "strikes true"?
 Bismarck.Reyke
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: reyke
By Bismarck.Reyke 2012-09-16 12:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Im new to ranged jobs and what is the ideal distance for guns? Is there a difference in the range if I use a hexagun or not? Also how important is wildfire for a cor to have on a scale of 1 to 10?
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2012-09-16 13:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Considering that Armegeddon is one of the easiest Emps to get, there really isnt much reason not to have it. Wildfire is the best WS for COR and it is amazing if you do PVP. If u actaully want to play COR and not just give out Cor Rolls, then i suggest getting Arm or at the very least, the Wildfire WoE gun.
 Asura.Nyaarye
Serveur: Asura
user: Nyaarye
By Asura.Nyaarye 2012-09-16 13:39:42
Link | Citer | R

As for gun sweet spot, I believe it is 4.5-9 yalms depending on your target's size. Larger targets have their sweet spot further away.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-09-16 13:41:10
Link | Citer | R

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Distance

Scroll to bottom.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-09-16 19:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Reyke said: »
Im new to ranged jobs and what is the ideal distance for guns? Is there a difference in the range if I use a hexagun or not? Also how important is wildfire for a cor to have on a scale of 1 to 10?

I don't think hexagun makes a difference, they'are all guns after all. Gun sweet spot is usually in enemy AoE range, so you often have to stand outside of sweet spot if you don't want to die anyways. Note that if you use WF, then you can stand as far away as possible.

If I'm going to rate the importance of WF, I'd say 10....I may be biased, but this WS kinda define the job. It's the most useful WS COR can use, works better than physical WS on certain high def/pdt-/eva mobs, and doesn't require a lot of attack buff like last stand to do decent dmg on NM that doesn't resist fire/magic. Last stand pretty much needs BRD buff if you want good dmg on anything worthwhile.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-09-16 20:11:38
Link | Citer | R

I haven't seen any official testing, but the type of gun/bow might make a difference, similar to how there are different size shields, and each size has a different block rate and damage reduction. My reason for this speculation is after someone in one of my past shells got his yoich, he was seeing a sweet spot 2-3 yalms further away that an e.bow.

Might try to test tomorrow.
[+]
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-09-16 20:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Definitely get Wildfire, you won't regret it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-17 04:51:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I haven't seen any official testing, but the type of gun/bow might make a difference, similar to how there are different size shields, and each size has a different block rate and damage reduction. My reason for this speculation is after someone in one of my past shells got his yoich, he was seeing a sweet spot 2-3 yalms further away that an e.bow.

I think this is the case. Some weapons have their own special sweet spot that differ from the mass. At least going by my vague memory, I did very little testing on the matter cause I got bored very soon at the time lol.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-09-18 03:18:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

I just did a test with 4 different guns with different delay: Armageddon, Martial gun, Awilda's gun, Veuglaire. Awilda and Veuglaire should be hexagun, and Armageddon/Martial gun is not.

Test method: Go to Abby and fight worm, shoot with 1 of the gun, switch to next gun without moving at all, shoot again, until all 4 guns are used. Change position and mob distance, repeat the process for the msg of all 4 guns.

The msg I got is exactly the same between hexagun and other type.
I tried max distance from the mob within sweet spot, closest to the the mob but still within the sweet spot, a bit further away outside of sweet spot, a bit closer to the NM outside of sweet spot, and everytime when I changed gun, I got the same msg.

I don't have all the guns though, so there may be a chance that other guns I don't have(such as Mythic) may have different sweet spot if relic/empy/mythic gets special treatment. But Hexagun type doesn't get it's own sweet spot it seems.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-09-18 04:52:52
Link | Citer | R

All bows are the same distance; all guns are the same distance; and all crossbows are the same distance. Generally 5.5ish is the sweet spot for guns. On caturae's in provenance, the sweet spot is 7.5ish. On Provenance Watcher the sweet spot is 10ish? Not sure on that one as I usually try to avoid dragging the mob around. Rules of thumb are regular-sized mobs will be 5.5ish; medium-sized will be 7.5ish; large mobs (like wyrm-size) will be 10+. Once you play the job enough you'll know exactly where to stand without even having to check for the message.
[+]