First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-06 13:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kiryuk said: »

I was feeling good about mine until all you people with your OP PUPs came along D:

Easy upgrade for you:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11459/savateurs-gaiters

Or maybe try your luck at these:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Kokugetsu_Sune-ate

Both of these are slightly better than pink set, assuming good augments on the Sune-ate.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
user: Chernabog
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-06 19:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Rancorous + gorget. The pup guide will be out soon, and I've been putting together my notes with Kuching, but yeah, it's gorget mate. Flame for pummel works and I think light for smite.

Edit: and in case you were wondering, yes I did collab with a math person on the WS sets :D

Could we see what you two've put together for gear sets so far?
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-06 20:03:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »
Rancorous + gorget. The pup guide will be out soon, and I've been putting together my notes with Kuching, but yeah, it's gorget mate. Flame for pummel works and I think light for smite.

Edit: and in case you were wondering, yes I did collab with a math person on the WS sets :D

Could we see what you two've put together for gear sets so far?

most of it is already on kuching's guide, which was posted on another topic here.. I guess i'll fish it out, one sec.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-06 20:04:39
Link | Citer | R

I tried to find that guide b/c I saw other people talking about it, but it wasn't in the "where's the pup guide" thread... Or I'm blind...
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-06 20:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Kuching's guide

Some of it isn't updated with the notes her and I combined, but this will give you a good base at least.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-06 20:05:19
Link | Citer | R

I tried to find that guide b/c I saw other people talking about it, but it wasn't in the "where's the pup guide" thread... Or I'm blind...

No, you're definitely blind, sorry lol.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-06 20:10:24
Link | Citer | R

No, you're definitely blind, sorry lol.

Hey, it happens. :/
I also screw up what stats do. Been awhile since seriously looking at stuff, so I forgot a lot >.>
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-06 20:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Haha, first line:

"First and most important thing:
ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT NINJA TOOLS, BUY ONLY 1 OF EACH!"

Win.

Edit: Just visually it looks very well put together. But please for the love of Baby Altana, change the checkered background! Scrolling down is making my eyes bleed! >.<

Edit 2: Armor Plates need updating.

Edit 3: I see a number of things are a few patches behind.

Edit 4: And nothing on WSing. I guess that would be 3 different sets though. Kuching have notes on those now?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-06 20:17:59
Link | Citer | R

yeah I know some of it needs revision, most of which was brought to Kuching's attention. Idk if I caught everything in my notes, but I did give them a lot of info to add to the guide there.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-06 20:28:00
Link | Citer | R

Overall it looks good. Didn't read into detail, just skimmed. I'll read more later when I have more time. Just needs some TLC.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-07 14:48:42
Link | Citer | R

After much thought, this is the TP set i'll use from now on. Think this is the set that works best for me. Thoughts are welcome.
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-07 15:16:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
After much thought, this is the TP set i'll use from now on. Think this is the set that works best for me. Thoughts are welcome.
Usu Legs+1 to get you capped haste and Rancorous Mantle (Pantin depending on target) would be improvements based on a quick comparison on spreadsheet.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-07 15:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Gave you plenty of notes, and you didn't take any of it to heart, so I'm not so sure about your "thoughts are welcome" part lol. TPing in moonshade is utterly silly as well. Ya should have a moonshade with tp bonus since it's useful for sooooooooo many WS. You get way more use out of it than regain.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-07 15:22:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
Usu Legs+1 to get you capped haste and Rancorous Mantle (Pantin depending on target) would be improvements based on a quick comparison on spreadsheet.

Haste with that set is around 24% but Abatteur subligar adds more to a TP set than usu+1 legs. I am not a fan of having +10% dmg taken in a tp set so not gonna use rancorous for that matter, just don't think is worth the extra .0001 dmg; and I like the Subtle blow in a tp set, wich both Vellaunus and abatteur adds. I just think that PUP is more than just dmg, is about being balanced for what is gonna be used.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-07 15:25:36
Link | Citer | R

That +5 Subtle blow is totally game changing...
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-07 15:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Gave you plenty of notes, and you didn't take any of it to heart, so I'm not so sure about your "thoughts are welcome" part lol. TPing in moonshade is utterly silly as well. Ya should have a moonshade with tp bonus since it's useful for sooooooooo many WS. You get way more use out of it than regain.

I did considered and appreciate your thought on my set. As u see I changed my neck piece based on what u said.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-07 15:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Haste with that set is around 24% but Abatteur subligar adds more to a TP set than usu+1 legs. I am not a fan of having +10% dmg taken in a tp set so not gonna use rancorous for that matter, just don't think is worth the extra .0001 dmg; and I like the Subtle blow in a tp set, wich both Vellaunus and abatteur adds. I just think that PUP is more than just dmg, is about being balanced for what is gonna be used.

It should be 5% haste for 3 usu+1 so you should be at 22% not 24. Unless I'm miscounting. You're also not realizing just how much Rancorous mantle adds to your dmg. It's not .0001 dmg. You made the 300+ w/e million gil mythic, but you're not even close to maxing your output. People are giving you examples of how to improve your gear and you're just like "lolnope".
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-07 15:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Total subtle blow is +22. No need to be sarcastic if trying to prove a point. I'll appreciate being nice about trying to make someone see that, based on your personal thoughts, is not the best option.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-07 15:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Tenryu tekko+1? Suppose if you have a mythic gil is not an issue.
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-07 15:32:18
Link | Citer | R

Tenryu tekko+1? Suppose if you have a mythic gil is not an issue.
Yea, I considered that, also tenryu legs+1 is in my sight. Just gil a prob atm cause I am working in my seconf mythic. Hopefully will finish before new expansion comes up.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-02-07 15:32:49
Link | Citer | R

Total subtle blow is +22. No need to be sarcastic if trying to prove a point. I'll appreciate being nice about trying to make someone see that, based on your personal thoughts, is not the best option.
Because I would assume we're talking about max dmg output here and Rancorous/Pantin are better just eyeballing, but we can jump on the math train to check the exact numbers if you want.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-07 15:35:43
Link | Citer | R

2nd mythic? Yet you only use pup for dynamis and VW? I think your gear might not be the issue, but your gil priorities lol. I mean it's your account, so do what you want, but LOL at not gearing your mythic job proper, then trying to build another mate. That's awfully silly. Especially since you're arguing that ***like subtle blow is actually useful, ESPECIALLY with a job like pup that uses h2h and doesn't have natural subtle blow like mnk.

P.S. Subtle blow does utter ***for your actual damage, but just lowers mob WS by a fair little amount.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-07 15:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

Because I would assume we're talking about max dmg output here and Rancorous/Pantin are better just eyeballing, but we can jump on the math train to check the exact numbers if you want.
If is something that really makes a difference sure, but as I said, I think PUP is not just about total dmg output and have to consider what is gonna be used for and have a balanced build for that porpoise. I have other jobs that can be used for just pure dmg, but that's not what I use PUP most for.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-07 15:38:08
Link | Citer | R

But you built the MYTHIC. That's what it's for, for pup. It's for the dmg increase lol. You can farm dynamis/VW easily without it. Kenkonken are built to radically increase a pup's dmg output.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-07 15:40:15
Link | Citer | R

But you built the MYTHIC. That's what it's for, for pup. It's for the dmg increase lol. You can farm dynamis/VW easily without it. Kenkonken are built to radically increase a pup's dmg output.
True, so, there's no need to sacrifice other good stats that can be added if dmg is not a prob, and I can assure you, for me, dmg is not a prob at all.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-07 15:41:05
Link | Citer | R

Before factoring Subtle Blow you're feeding 9 TP a hit.
100 / 9 = 11.11 (12 hits to feed 100+ TP)
Subtle Blow +12 (my suggestion) = 7.9 TP a hit.
100 / 7.9 = 12.65 (13 hits to 100+ TP)
Subtle Blow +22 = 7 TP a hit.
100 / 7 = 14.28 (15 hits to 100+ TP)

Your 10 Subtle blow saves you 1 round
at the cost of 3-4 DPS.
I totally get the balanced thing now.

Edit: Doesn't factor additional Subtle Blow from AGI which could actually make that extra 10 partially/completely useless.

Edit 2: It was pointed out that I forgot to factor in the Martial Arts from KKK:

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Zagen said:

This is a bit off.

Since he's working on a second mythic, I assume the first one is at 99. That means -50 MA delay.

Pup: 320 base delay at 99, +49 for weapon, -50 for weapon special, -10 for AF3 neck = 309 delay == 155 delay per hand (or 154? don't remember which way it rounds).
Aside: caps melee delay at 66% haste.

155 delay is 4.7 TP per hit. That means base TP given to the mob per hit is 4.7 + 3 = 7.7, not 9.

That would be 13 melee hits to give the mob 100 TP.
12 Subtle Blow reduces TP given per hit to 6.7, or 15 melee hits to give the mob 100 TP.
22 Subtle Blow reduces TP given per hit to 6.0, or 17 melee hits to give the mob 100 TP.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-07 15:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Considering SB caps at 50% and on anything where it would change something I'd expect a 20~30 dAgi, you're not far from cap either way and that 5 from the cape is much less important than killing the mob faster.
On mobs with higher agi like VW or various bosses then you would have lots of people whacking at it and thus making the tp-feed reduction ultimately worthless.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-07 15:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Considering SB caps at 50% and on anything where it would change something I'd expect a 20~30 dAgi, you're not far from cap either way and that 5 from the cape is much less important than killing the mob faster.
On mobs with higher agi like VW or various bosses then you would have lots of people whacking at it and thus making the tp-feed reduction ultimately worthless.
Crap forgot about the AGI change...
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-07 15:49:25
Link | Citer | R

True, so, there's no need to sacrifice other good stats that can be added if dmg is not a prob, and I can assure you, for me, dmg is not a prob at all.

If your dmg "isn't a problem" why on earth are you asking for suggestions? Clearly there is room for VAST improvement. Also, as clearly shown with math, subtle blow is hardly a "good" stat and easily sacrificed.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-07 15:53:16
Link | Citer | R

100 / 9 = 11.11 (12 hits to feed 100+ TP)
Subtle Blow +12 (my suggestion) = 7.9 TP a hit.
100 / 7.9 = 12.65 (13 hits to 100+ TP)
Subtle Blow +22 = 7 TP a hit.
100 / 7 = 14.28 (15 hits to 100+ TP)

Your 10 Subtle blow saves you 1 round at the cost of 3-4 DPS.
I totally get the balanced thing now.

Edit: Doesn't factor additional Subtle Blow from AGI which could actually make that extra 10 partially/completely useless.
Cool, thx for putting time to math that, I appreciate it. I see the difference now, still, -9 tp less for an enemy when soloing can make a difference when fighting T+ mobs. A bit that pulls me down is that I still don't see the need for the sarcasm.

Yea, I agree. I'll make sure to change cape when fighting mobs when all that matter is pure raw dmg. But when I am solo stuff I think i'd prefer not to get +10% dmg, but it all depends on what I am fighting anyway.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 11 12