Puppetmaster TP gear
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Kiryuk
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: gible553
By Cerberus.Kiryuk 2013-01-20 19:17:06
Link | Citer | R

I was feeling good about mine until all you people with your OP PUPs came along D:
 Shiva.Gansito
Serveur: Shiva
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-01-20 20:10:19
Link | Citer | R

You need some pink boots!!! pink boots are stylish, cheap, and effective for now until you can get something better. I still wear pink boots. But i'm a noob so it's ok ^^
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-01-20 21:40:19
Link | Citer | R

So which Animator is better for a PUP (mines up and coming so I want to know)? Deluxe or Animator+1?
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-20 21:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
So which Animator is better for a PUP (mines up and coming so I want to know)? Deluxe or Animator+1?

Deluxe has +2 more dex, but no automaton bonus, so I'd still say Deluxe, as auto hp/mp never matter since you can deactivate to reset them if you do it properly.
[+]
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
user: Chernabog
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-04 09:19:43
Link | Citer | R

Everyone seems to use Pantin or Rancorous back piece. I think I saw one other person say they used Blithe. I use Blithe. Why no Blithe love?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-02-04 09:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Ningyotsukai said: »
Everyone seems to use Pantin or Rancorous back piece. I think I saw one other person say they used Blithe. I use Blithe. Why no Blithe love?
Because it's fine in an evasion build but for DDing Pantin/Rancorous outdo it.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-05 01:51:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

Hit for hit, sure. But the DA for more TP gain for more WSs, that doesn't beat out Rancor?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-05 01:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Hit for hit, sure. But the DA for more TP gain for more WSs, that doesn't beat out Rancor?

Not as much as the big attack and 5% crit rate, no.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2013-02-05 02:12:24
Link | Citer | R

This is what I use atm, working on a few new salvage pieces to add in once they're done.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-05 02:34:28
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Billgoku said: »

This is what I use atm, working on a few new salvage pieces to add in once they're done.

if your auto is fighting next to you, it would probably be better to use AF2+2. Also rancor back let's you free up the neck slot, so you can use cirque for the MA bonus. That's the biggest draw to it, honestly.
 Cerberus.Billgoku
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2013-02-05 02:36:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm usually always using whm auto, rarely use any of the others.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-05 02:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Billgoku said: »
I'm usually always using whm auto, rarely use any of the others.

Even more reason to use rancor back then
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-05 05:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

I could see it with Rancorous, but Pantin? Really? I don't buy that one.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-05 06:21:43
Link | Citer | R

That extra DEX from Pantin could up your dDEX(crit hit rate) depending on your TP build & what youre fighting.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-05 21:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »

That extra DEX from Pantin could up your dDEX(crit hit rate) depending on your TP build & what youre fighting.

5 Dex isn't much compared to 2 DA, imo. I've never been a spreadsheet person though. Acc from AGI helpful too.

I just see a lot of bandwagoning that happens, and I'd like to see actual numbers than a buncha people saying "well someone said it was better months ago so we're gonna believe that 'til the end of time."

Did whoever tested or punched numbers with Rancorous and Pantin even look at Blithe and compare?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-05 21:43:07
Link | Citer | R

5 Dex isn't much compared to 2 DA, imo. I've never been a spreadsheet person though. Acc from AGI helpful too.

I just see a lot of bandwagoning that happens, and I'd like to see actual numbers than a buncha people saying "well someone said it was better months ago so we're gonna believe that 'til the end of time."

Did whoever tested or punched numbers with Rancorous and Pantin even look at Blithe and compare?

Did you seriously just say acc from agi??? Also, of course the testers compared the numbers with all options accounted for. Did ya think this item just slipped past everybody? 5% crit is a lot and 5 dex CAN actually raise your crit rate like somebody said. pup has surprisingly high dex ya know.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-05 21:59:55
Link | Citer | R

5 dex CAN actually raise your crit rate like somebody said. pup has surprisingly high dex ya know.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, as I'm fairly new to the dDEX formula but if it happens to push you into the next tier isn't that only a 1% increase?

Edit: Did some rereading, I see the assumption is if it pushes you into the 40 to 50 dDEX range not just one of the lower tiers.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-05 22:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Wiki on crits

Wiki said:
Critical Hit rate follows an exponential curve. Minor increases in DEX will not have a significant impact on critical hit rate (e.g. DEX+1 = +0.25 critical hit rate). Major increases in DEX increase the rate significantly,whereby DEX+1 ~= +1% critical hit rate.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-05 22:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Wiki on crits

Wiki said:
Critical Hit rate follows an exponential curve. Minor increases in DEX will not have a significant impact on critical hit rate (e.g. DEX+1 = +0.25 critical hit rate). Major increases in DEX increase the rate significantly,whereby DEX+1 ~= +1% critical hit rate.
BG Wiki has a much better explanation of it. Thanks though.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-05 22:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
Wiki on crits

Wiki said:

That's fine, it gives more defined math, but the same conclusion is drawn ^^.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-05 22:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Wiki on crits

Wiki said:

Very true, I'm a math kind of person so seeing the equation helps more heh.

Now I'm reconsidering my change from Pantin/Rancor to Rancorous/Nef for WS...
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-05 22:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Wiki on crits

Wiki said:

Rancorous + gorget. The pup guide will be out soon, and I've been putting together my notes with Kuching, but yeah, it's gorget mate. Flame for pummel works and I think light for smite.

Edit: and in case you were wondering, yes I did collab with a math person on the WS sets :D
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-02-05 23:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Wiki on crits

Wiki said:

Rancorous + gorget. The pup guide will be out soon, and I've been putting together my notes with Kuching, but yeah, it's gorget mate. Flame for pummel works and I think light for smite.

Edit: and in case you were wondering, yes I did collab with a math person on the WS sets :D

Oh I don't doubt you, when I mathed it out for some reason I had rancorous/nef winning... could have been my gear at the time or I may have made a mistake somewhere.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-05 23:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Using the spreadsheet, I have Blithe on par with Pantin only on fodder but losing to both other options in all other scenarios. Keep in mind that DA has diminishing returns (the more you add, the less potent it becomes) so it's not always the superior choice.

:X
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-05 23:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Keep in mind that DA has diminishing returns (the more you add, the less potent it becomes)
no it doesn't.
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-05 23:47:42
Link | Citer | R

I think Thunder, too, for pummel? Mighta been Shadow... I made Thunder & Shadow for PUP and RDM, forget which is which atm. What about the belts? And it's for sure better than Nefarious? o.O
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-05 23:50:13
Link | Citer | R

Prosilio Belt. You're not gonna cap attack on PUP
[+]
 Sylph.Ningyotsukai
By Sylph.Ningyotsukai 2013-02-06 00:28:25
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Prosilio Belt. You're not gonna cap attack on PUP

That DA hit hurts >.<
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-06 00:28:59
Link | Citer | R

no it doesn't
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-02-06 01:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Hi, I am not a spreadsheet guy so I wanted to ask a few questions to you that are more into testing stuff for that extra .00000001 dot.

This is the current TP set I use:

I was wondering a few variations. If have any suggestions pls let me know.
First I was thinking using Abatteur's subligar instead of usu legs+1 but i'd loose my haste cap, so, to maybe get it up there again pair it with usu hands+. That will keep my haste cap and add some more cool stats like counter.
Also I dunno what to put in my neck piece since I find that a bit underwhelming. Was thinking cirque neck but since I dunno how to math Martial Arts I wasn't sure if was worth it. I'll appreciate if anyone can calculate if it is.
Also have in mind I use my puppet mostly to solo kinda hard content and to do dyna, so I think in other stuff other than DMG too like eva, def and other cool defense mechanism like counter.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12