[Dev] Rune Fencer Follow-up
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wizkid
By Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid 2012-07-31 15:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Whaaaat they're not gonna be on Relic?! That's so poopy! Will they not be added to ANY magian weapons? Or just not emp? If they're on OA2 it might not be SO bad :T
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Serveur: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2012-07-31 15:24:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
SE announced that Rune Fencer will receive it's own Mythic, and it will not be added to relics or magian weapons. (Emps are magian weapons before anyone asks.)
Hmm I'll have to check again but I swore when SE talked about the job they said it wouldn't be added to Relics or Emps but nothing was said about Magians, do you have a source for magians off hand by chance?
 Bismarck.Zagen
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-07-31 15:30:57
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Lucasta said: »
Bismarck.Zagen said: »
SE announced that Rune Fencer will receive it's own Mythic, and it will not be added to relics or magian weapons. (Emps are magian weapons before anyone asks.)
Hmm I'll have to check again but I swore when SE talked about the job they said it wouldn't be added to Relics or Emps but nothing was said about Magians, do you have a source for magians off hand by chance?
All Emps/Relics/Mythics are Magian Weapons technically speaking...
 Bismarck.Chubakka
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Chubakka 2012-07-31 15:43:07
Link | Citer | R

sounds like another useless job. Now Thief, theres a useful job. Pld, useful as well. what bugars you are SE to make me level another job to 99 just for AH points...
 Lakshmi.Raerie
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rae
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2012-07-31 15:53:35
Link | Citer | R

I personally like the dancer ability recast timers. Instead of just spamming abilities, you need need to think about which ones take priority. You have to know more about your character's abilities to withstand things and the enemy's/enemies' abilities. While it can be annoying to have just used a curing waltz when you become paralyzed, a little bit of a wait isn't too much to deal with.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-07-31 16:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Raerie said: »
While it can be annoying to have just used a curing waltz when you become paralyzed, a little bit of a wait isn't too much to deal with.
remedy
Problem solved.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Raerie
user: Rae
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2012-07-31 16:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Raerie said: »
While it can be annoying to have just used a curing waltz when you become paralyzed, a little bit of a wait isn't too much to deal with.
remedy
Problem solved.
True, but I am incredibly cheap. lol
 Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Ideki
By Carbuncle.Ceruleanknight 2012-07-31 19:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
But all jobs on magian weapons are on the empy too. It's pretty stupid to only give half access...

Coming from SE.. =S
 Odin.Alikhat
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Alikhat 2012-08-03 05:56:48
Link | Citer | R

You might be right they didn't specifically mention Magian weapons, so there is still hope that Rune Fencer can use the OA2. :D

Link of what SE said.

I can see them being on the elemental and weaponskill paths of Magian trials, but they likely won't be on the Empyrean/OAX/DA path. Each of the three paths have a different starting weapon, which means the jobs available to use them can be different (as is the case with Staff, in which only BLM/SMN/SCH can use the Empyrean/WS paths - in fact, this might also restrict Rune Fencer and Geomancer from the WS path too).

There's also no current implementation of a job being removed from a path once started, thus it's unlikely that (by convention) RNF/GEO won't be on the base weapon for even the OAX/DA path simply because it's not on the Empyrean path.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-08-03 06:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Alikhat said: »
You might be right they didn't specifically mention Magian weapons, so there is still hope that Rune Fencer can use the OA2. :D

Link of what SE said.

I can see them being on the elemental and weaponskill paths of Magian trials, but they likely won't be on the Empyrean/OAX/DA path. Each of the three paths have a different starting weapon, which means the jobs available to use them can be different (as is the case with Staff, in which only BLM/SMN/SCH can use the Empyrean/WS paths - in fact, this might also restrict Rune Fencer and Geomancer from the WS path too).

There's also no current implementation of a job being removed from a path once started, thus it's unlikely that (by convention) RNF/GEO won't be on the base weapon for even the OAX/DA path simply because it's not on the Empyrean path.

I think they may get their own unique path of Magian based on what SE said.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-03 06:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Would be a bit wierd if they did'nt get access to atleast some of the current magian weapons.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Ronalas
user: jackx
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2012-10-09 23:41:22
Link | Citer | R

lol you can see the progression of se. aht urhgan killed zilart cop areas so they open with wings of goddess making maws in current zilart cop areas to get ppl back it only makes sense that the new expansion will awake aht urhgan by making aht urhgan the access area to the new area
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-09 23:42:08
Link | Citer | R

You necro for that? o.o;
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-09 23:53:49
Link | Citer | R

We're going to access the West... by traveling to the Near East.

Makes perfect sense!

PS: Neo-Nyzul, Neo-Odin, Neo-Salvage
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-09 23:56:11
Link | Citer | R

circles bro
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-10-09 23:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
You necro for that? o.o;
The best part of it is that it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. <3

I almost thought it was time to reactive my account.
Shame.
Shame ser.
Shame.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-09 23:57:57
Link | Citer | R

well it isn't 2013 yet so youve got a ways to go. doubt we'll get any new information on geomancer and rune fencer until we players start testing the abilities ourselves.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-10-10 00:01:00
Link | Citer | R

Dammit, I came here expecting new information. :(
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-10-10 00:02:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
^
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-10 00:14:35
Link | Citer | R

necroing purple threads for no reason should be a bannable offense.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-10 00:17:34
Link | Citer | R

I could always just get these two topics locked, then request them be unlocked when we have information. I just didn't think I would have to actually do that... apparently I was wrong!
[+]
By Kykusho 2012-10-10 00:17:57
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
^
 Shiva.Alistaire
Serveur: Shiva
user: Alistaire
By Shiva.Alistaire 2012-10-10 01:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Yeah that's crazy talk, like sayin Asia's close to the North American west coast or somethin...
[+]
By Shirukenu 2012-10-10 01:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Well considering this game has access to teleportation magic, every city in essence is right beside each other.
Never understood why NPCs decide to slowboat it. :)
By Chyula 2012-10-10 02:22:27
Link | Citer | R

I can see it now, another dnc type job that take 30-40min solo pop NM inside abys. -.- please SE *** no.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-10-10 02:43:53
Link | Citer | R

Chyula said: »
I can see it now, another dnc type job that take 30-40min solo pop NM inside abys. -.- please SE *** no.

It's a tank job, so it's going to kill stuff slowly regardless... Did you expect this to be another solo job? I sure didn't.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-10 05:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Alistaire said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Yeah that's crazy talk, like sayin Asia's close to the North American west coast or somethin...
AU is the near-east, so it would make little sense that we can't see the far-east while we pass it through to march to the other side of the planet lol.

Anyway I should stop expecting news when people bump this thread, I should have learned by now.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2012-10-10 05:18:43
Link | Citer | R

I seen the entire footage I dont understand where everyone is getting a greatsword from. They said themselves the weapon would be a long sword which is like Hrotti or the low delayed almace. The actual weapon would be something only drk/war/pld can currently use. They will probabaly be added to regular swords as well. But as SE said it is not a Great sword it is a Knights/long sword type weapon.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-10-10 05:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
You necro for that? o.o;

He was lonely and she couldn't say no.

... Oh wait, we're talking about forum "necro" here. Oops.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-10-10 05:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Deadplaything said: »
I seen the entire footage I dont understand where everyone is getting a greatsword from. They said themselves the weapon would be a long sword which is like Hrotti or the low delayed almace. The actual weapon would be something only drk/war/pld can currently use. They will probabaly be added to regular swords as well. But as SE said it is not a Great sword it is a Knights/long sword type weapon.
I'm 99% sure they have confirmed their main weapon will be great sword with sword as a secondary option, same way pld has sword as it's main and GS as a secondary.

It was in one of the other threads and I don't have a link handy though.

Edit: Found it