[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 29 30 31
By ZerroTol 2012-09-01 01:34:26
Link | Citer | R

Alright , so i just did a quick test to get a general idea on increases breath for the drg 2 hour. I went as 99 drg/sam. Wearing absolutally no gear at all except for my 85 Rhong, this is what I found:

Restoring Breath(Pet command that triggers healing breath)

w/o Rouse Wyvern(The drg 2 hour ability name): 376 hp healed

with Rouse Wyvern active:

1st - 664 hp healed This is a 76.6 % increase
2nd - 650 hp healed This is a 72.2% increase

Now for breath attacks.

Frost Breath

w/o Rouse Wyvern: 275 damage
w Rouse Wyvern: 520 damage This is a 89% increase

Now obviously extensive testing will be needed, but I'll leave that up to the pros that know what there doing. This was just for a general idea. It seems "Rouse Wyvern" increase breath healing/damage from anywhere between 72-90%. Neither of the Healing breaths took me up to full hp, so capping didnt effect the amount healed. Also, the Frost breath was used on the same exact mob.
It seems it's a pretty nice increase though, and i'm sure it is factored in after gear/deep breathing, but that will also need to be tested. Although, its a nice increase, it's still useless as healing for 72-90% more for 30 seconds(thats how long 2 hour seemed to last) every 2 hours is almost never going to help you. It also doesnt come close to touching drgs old 2 hour. I hope the devs completely change this 2 hour and give us something differnt. At this point, no matter the situation, I would never chose new over old.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-04 14:32:26
Link | Citer | R

09-04-2012 02:10 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

During this week’s Test Server update we will be adding monk’s new 2-hour ability, so be sure to try it out and let us know your feedback.

I’d just like to reiterate that we will be spending a good amount of time working on these new 2-hour abilities before we actually implement them. We would like to make sure that they are useful in battle, so we will not be rushing to get these onto the live servers right away.

The Development Team is continuing to look into possibilities based on all the feedback we are receiving and they will actually be holding a meeting soon to discuss this. We’d like to respond with the results of their discussion and talk about the direction they are heading after this takes place.

Until then, please continue to test out the new abilities and provide your feedback!
Subscribe
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-09-04 14:33:54
Link | Citer | R

So basically dont expect these anytime soon, right?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-04 14:34:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing November
 Carbuncle.Dionel
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Dionel
By Carbuncle.Dionel 2012-09-04 14:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Of next year?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-04 14:40:30
Link | Citer | R

This is a high priority for them, so I'm sure it won't last more than 2-3 months.

This other thread I'm about to make though will be well into next year >.>;
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-09-04 14:59:26
Link | Citer | R

I would say November only if they roll out half of the jobs on the test server by the end of this month. If we get to october and they have only added like 5, I'm saying next year.
By Alerith 2012-09-05 15:02:26
Link | Citer | R

So for Paladin, we are getting an upgraded Reprisal on a 2hour recast?

That's not horrific, considering Reprisal is a damn good spell, but unless the reflected damage is actually really good (and light or non-elemental), then it's really just not a good pick over Invincible.

Also, it's a poor 2hr considering the rising number of Ochains that are entering the game. An Ochain wielder gets only minimal bonuses from shield abilities. Palisade would only help with enmity reduction, Reprisal would only reflect a little bit of damage, and now this 2hr is in the same boat as Reprisal.

By no means am I suggesting that everyone has an Ochain or an Aegis (Myself still working on souls), but looking at it long term, the appeal of this ability over Invincible rests not with the block rate, but with the strength of the reflected damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-09-05 15:09:29
Link | Citer | R

EDIT:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33024/producer-matsui-reveals-changes-to-sp-abilities/
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-09-05 15:11:45
Link | Citer | R

While most of that is good news, they are nerfing embrava? lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-05 15:11:54
Link | Citer | R

zubissss noooo D: i made a topic for it :(
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-09-05 15:12:49
Link | Citer | R

Haha, beat you by one minute :p

Edited anyway.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-09-05 15:15:17
Link | Citer | R

yea i saw lol

I was going over the formatting to make sure I got everything right for like 10 min. I was too slow I guess :x
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-09-05 15:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
yea i saw lol

I was going over the formatting to make sure I got everything right for like 10 min. I was too slow I guess :x

it's the oats!
[+]
By deshi 2012-09-05 19:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Camate's post
Quote:
A good question was raised as to whether these new 2-hour abilities can all be unlocked and utilized or if it will be similar to the new merit-able weapon skills where you have to decide which ones you want to unlock.

Once the level requirement is fulfilled for each job, you will be able to use all of the new 2-hour abilities. Also, just to reiterate what was stated quite a while back, these new 2-hour abilities will share the recast timers of the original 2-hour abilities, so players can choose which one to use based on the situation.

has anybody been on the test server or has any idea what the level requirement is? 75? sorry if this has been posted somewhere in this thread already
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-25 13:04:46
Link | Citer | R

10-25-2012 07:42 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding New (and Old) SP Abilities

Hello!
We want to report some progress on the review of the effects of the new SP abilities.

First off, in the test server this week, the following two changes will be made to the new and existing SP abilities.
**Recast timers will be reduced from 2 hours to 1 hour (both new and existing).
**Recast timers will be separated.

Additionally, the new SP abilities for the following jobs have had their effects readjusted:

Blue Mage / Summoner / Samurai / Black Mage / White Mage / Warrior

Moreover, in order to make more significant changes, the new SP abilities for the following jobs will be excluded from this test server update. Upon completion and debugging adjustment of the new effects, the abilities will be re-introduced to the test server:

Corsair / Dragoon / Ninja / Ranger / Bard / Beastmaster / Thief / Paladin / Red Mage

*For specific information regarding the changes, please wait until tomorrow, where we will collectively look at all of the jobs.
*Because of the workload, if further readjustment is needed or bugs are found, the number to be introduced is still going back and forth.

Taking into account the changes above, please continue to provide us your feedback and opinions. Thank you!

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

10-25-2012 12:55 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings!

The development team has been hard at work revamping the new special abilities and I would like to give an update on their progress.

The below changes to current and new special abilities will be implemented with this week’s Test Server update.

• Recast timer will be reduced from 2 hours to 1 hour (both current and new special abilities)

• Recast timers will be separated

In addition to the above, the new special abilities for the below jobs will see their effects adjusted:

Warrior / white mage / black mage / samurai / summoner / blue mage

Also, as we will be making large scale changes to the below jobs' new special abilities, they will be temporarily removed from the Test Server. Once the adjustments and debugging has been completed for the new effects we will re-implement them to the Test Server.

Red mage / thief /paladin / beastmaster / bard / ranger / ninja / dragoon / corsair

*As these adjustments are currently in development, the number of them that we implement may change depending on if further adjustment is necessary or if bugs are discovered.

We are in the process of organizing the specific adjustment information for all jobs and plan on sharing it with you all tomorrow.

We would like to continue to make adjustments to this content based on feedback for the above changes, so please be sure to try everything out on the Test Server once they are implemented.
Subscribe
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-10-25 13:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Bwuhhhhhhhhh. Can't call them two hours anymore? I likey.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-25 13:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Haha, Slycer's version is more informative.

Anyway, they should probably adjust the new Dancer ability to be Death Samba, where you get a 50% Endeath proc rate when you melee a monster. Sounds good to me!
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-10-25 13:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Has the THF 2hour Even been added to the Test Server yet? I thought we were still waiting on its information.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-25 13:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Haha, Slycer's version is more informative.
I know right...

I was talking to him and he had the very complaint as well. I'm thinking about having both together just in case the NA team decides to be lazy like this.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-25 13:09:19
Link | Citer | R

1-hour ability has a weird sound to it.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-10-25 13:11:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Has the THF 2hour Even been added to the Test Server yet? I thought we were still waiting on its information.
SE don't know wtf they`re doing with it so they can't put it up for testing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-10-25 13:11:36
Link | Citer | R

Sweet, I'm sure now the new BLU 2hr will add something potent, like a staggering +10 defense while casting UL spells
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-10-25 13:11:44
Link | Citer | R

The equivalent abilities in ff14 are still called 2hrs even though they're on 15 min timers. I'll never change!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-10-25 13:13:40
Link | Citer | R

They don't say how the abilities are being adjusted?
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-10-25 13:14:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The equivalent abilities in ff14 are still called 2hrs even though they're on 15 min timers. I'll never change!
Yeh even people who didn't play XI seem to have picked up on that... Saying use your 15min over your 2hr would just sound lame anyways.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 13:14:22
Link | Citer | R

I'll probably slip and call them 2hrs for the rest of my life but when I think about it, will just say "SP" as saying SP abilities, is too damn long and you might as well just say the name of the ability at that point.

Edit:
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Nah, they are waiting for tomorrow to tell us... I bet they will gimp them all in the name of barance.
 Sylph.Mesheef
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-10-25 13:27:16
Link | Citer | R

anyone else about die laughing when they read se saying, "we have been hard at work." when anything they decide to do can be made from just reading forums, and probably get better results.
By Valentine 2012-10-25 13:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

10-25-2012 12:55 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

We are in the process of organizing the specific adjustment information for all jobs and plan on sharing it with you all tomorrow.
Subscribe
By Valentine 2012-10-25 13:42:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mesheef said: »
anyone else about die laughing when they read se saying, "we have been hard at work." when anything they decide to do can be made from just reading forums, and probably get better results.

Actually no, not imho. but they need to work harder though.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 29 30 31