First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 29 30 31
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-22 18:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
I honestly wish with everything they do they would explain in detail why they implemented this,or gimped that, or "fixed"this.
They've done so from time to time. It usually ends with people telling the devs they're morons, and rightly so.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-24 19:11:10
Link | Citer | R

08-24-2012 06:59 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hey everyone,

We would like to respond to some of the comments made regarding the new 2-hour ability adjustments.

WAR:
The effect is the same as Formless Strikes, but since the job is different and the special traits are different as well, it’s not like you will receive the same exact effect. We’d be happy to hear feedback on the results of WARs using this ability. In regards to wanting the ability’s effect to apply to weapon skills as well, this would make it so that it is far stronger than Mighty Strikes. As an alternative, we are extending the effect duration to open up more attack opportunities.

DNC:
While this can be used similar to Meikyo Shisui, there are of course other ways to use it as well. Since there is an advantage point of being able to use it in combination with other abilities, there are a lot of different uses, so we would like to hear feedback after trying it and considering that aspect as well.

BST:
We understand that sacrificing your pet for Stoneskin results in a reduction in attack power. This Stoneskin effect is not used like the magic spell Stoneskin that you would use before entering a fight. It is something that is used in a crisis situation in order to recover and avoid emergencies (For example, if your pet is on the verge of dying and when that happens you will be put in a dangerous spot, etc.)

PLD:
Once we are able to talk concretely about the enmity adjustments we will be making a comment, so please wait a bit on this.
Subscribe
By Enuyasha 2012-08-24 19:14:06
Link | Citer | R

I really really really hope they are revamping/overhauling how enmity works...i liked being shiny.....Q_Q
[+]
 Asura.Koconoe
Serveur: Asura
user: Kokonoe
By Asura.Koconoe 2012-08-25 00:24:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm surprised at the lack of DRG posts in that thread, and judging from these changes I suppose there won't be any modification to the DRG 2 hour.
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2012-08-25 00:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Koconoe said: »
I'm surprised at the lack of DRG posts in that thread, and judging from these changes I suppose there won't be any modification to the DRG 2 hour.
The complaints about the 2hr were made in the DRG's forum.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-25 01:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Non-shitty auras/directional auras/improved Gyre system would work. Enviornments like the Shrouded Maw battlefield would only work in specific ways in this game.

Something serious needs to be done about PD/Embrava though. Even if they do balance fights to work without them, players will inevitably gravitate toward the fastest/most effective option, and it will almost always be that. Fortunately, at least, they seem to be capable of designing fights that aren't PD zergable, evidence by the Arch Odin fight.

Other methods include disabling 2hours for certain battles, monsters that rotate one weakness (like Pil), multi-phase battles where zerg attempts result in scripted stops, minions that must be defeated to deal significant damage to the main boss or dungeon crawls that encourage defeating lots of weaker mobs culminating in a boss/bosses.
[+]
 Sylph.Mirvana
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-08-25 01:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Remove uneccessarily-short time-limits and/or AoE-1-hit-KO moves from bigger mobs and PD-Zerg is no longer the only "safe" option for victory.
By Derfthegalka 2012-08-25 01:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The effect is the same as Formless Strikes, but since the job is different and the special traits are different as well, it’s not like you will receive the same exact effect. We’d be happy to hear feedback on the results of WARs using this ability. In regards to wanting the ability’s effect to apply to weapon skills as well, this would make it so that it is far stronger than Mighty Strikes. As an alternative, we are extending the effect duration to open up more attack opportunities.

O________________O;

wut?
[+]
 Asura.Rekin
By Asura.Rekin 2012-08-25 02:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Derfthegalka said: »
Quote:

O________________O;

wut?
When Derf is confused you know something is wrong.
[+]
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-08-25 02:20:55
Link | Citer | R

I'd rather be confused than know all I get is the effect Unlimited Shot should already provide.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Serveur: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2012-08-25 03:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mirvana said: »
Remove uneccessarily-short time-limits and/or AoE-1-hit-KO moves from bigger mobs and PD-Zerg is no longer the only "safe" option for victory.
Your avatar is soo cute! I also agree with your post in some ways, but time limits are good, they should just be a bit longer.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-25 03:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Yeah... WAR gets a recycled 15 minute ability but with a 2hr timer, timer-tied to one of the strongest abilities in the game. Welcome to the "Never going to be used" category.
By Derfthegalka 2012-08-25 12:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Sylph.Mirvana said: »
Your avatar is soo cute! I also agree with your post in some ways, but time limits are good, they should just be a bit longer.

yo helll i can undersand tat moar dan dang ole war abiltes thems done doine O____O why cants gest SE gest dang fix the gamee and give meh moneh!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-25 12:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Yeah... WAR gets a recycled 15 minute ability but with a 2hr timer, timer-tied to one of the strongest abilities in the game. Welcome to the "Never going to be used" category.
I suppose it'd be better for Botuli.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-25 12:49:45
Link | Citer | R

I think the same can be said for a lot of these abilities, I have never understood why they share the 2hr timer, why cant they be a standalone JA? Which one of these is so gamebreaking that makes it so they cant be in their own slot.
 Asura.Koconoe
user: Kokonoe
By Asura.Koconoe 2012-08-25 15:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rekin said: »
Asura.Koconoe said: »
The complaints about the 2hr were made in the DRG's forum.
I checked the section and it seemed rather ghost town like. The few suggestions that are there, are to add where it restores Call Wyvern, making it essentially the old Dragoon 2 hour.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-25 16:45:17
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I suppose it'd be better for Botuli.
tomahawk
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-25 16:49:46
Link | Citer | R

none of them are good, moving on.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-25 16:52:02
Link | Citer | R

I like the whm one .-.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-25 17:18:37
Link | Citer | R

none of them, except one, are good*
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-08-25 17:30:29
Link | Citer | R

pup!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-25 17:37:02
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-25 17:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-08-25 17:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »
pup!
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2012-08-26 12:17:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Bahamut.Serj said: »
pup!

/comfurt broder spartanano yo
[+]
By Methylated 2012-08-29 06:26:17
Link | Citer | R

All I have to say is......
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-08-29 14:30:42
Link | Citer | R

So did anyone else notice that on the updated listing for new 2 hours it says for valoredge it grants Invisible instead of invincible?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/26302
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-08-29 14:34:00
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Heimdall said: »
So did anyone else notice that on the updated listing for new 2 hours it says for valoredge it grants Invisible instead of invincible?

Making all of the PUPs in this game disappear would be the most desirable/OP of all the revamped two hours.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-08-29 14:45:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
Caitsith.Heimdall said: »

Making all of the PUPs in this game disappear would be the most desirable/OP of all the revamped two hours.

Aww pups aren't bad it just tends to be the people who play them are..
By ZerroTol 2012-08-29 22:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Can we get some attention on the drg 2 hour please? The dev team really needs to look at this. It's by far one of the worst new 2 hours. It's def. in the bottom 2. If you want the info on why, I posted two responses to it in this thread. Most other jobs that have mediocre, but somewhat usable 2 hours have been looked at, but the worst ones have been ignored. wtf???

Maybe thats a good thing though, after seeing what they did to bst 2 hour. I'm going to be so pissed if drg 2 hour gets released as is. I just applied to test server and im downloading the files now, i'm planning to test it out later tonight. I'll let people know what I find.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 29 30 31