[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 29 30 31
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-03 18:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Isn't pld on Rag? I know lolpld with lolGsword, but aint they?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-03 18:12:10
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Isn't pld on Rag? I know lolpld with lolGsword, but aint they?
Sure are. On Caladbolg too.

The issue is the lack of damage-boosting job abilities since the majority of PLDs' are defensive and require a shield.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-03 18:12:28
Link | Citer | R

Yes, but then it can't use a shield.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-03 18:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I get the lack of shield thing. But rune fencer won't get one either. So we'll have to just compare Gsword to Gsword, no? Which is what I was sayin'. Obviously rune fencer's runes are going to have to be borderline OP to make it a straight DD, no?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-03 18:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I get the lack of shield thing. But rune fencer won't get one either. So we'll have to just compare Gsword to Gsword, no? Which is what I was sayin'. Obviously rune fencer's runes are going to have to be borderline OP to make it a straight DD, no?
It's difficult to compare because we don't know what Rune Fencer will be capable of.

It was not stated that Rune fencer will be a straight DD, just that it will be a magically-inclined tank with better output than PLD.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-03 18:16:33
Link | Citer | R

I never said it would be a straight DD.
I said it would have a higher damage output than a Paladin.

If only because a Paladin without an Aegis or Ochain equipped belongs nowhere but a Mog House.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-03 18:16:46
Link | Citer | R

No, it's not the same cause fencer will defend itself with abilities, whilst paladin needs the shield, so no GS.
 Sylph.Katalsar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2012-08-03 18:23:45
Link | Citer | R

I've quit a while ago but I still read these posts and updates.

Since i'm a SCH main I have some concerns for our 2hr.

"Transfers the whole party's enmity to a party member of your choice."

1.) Why is this a 2hr? I'm actually surprise other SCHs aren't upset. This should be a normal ability that should be shared by libra timer for balancing purposes.

2.) They're stating that these 2hr can be merited to increase in potency or whatever. So why would a sch go full merits in this 2hr? what would it do? Give more enmity? One usage would give that target all enmity regardless.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-03 18:25:35
Link | Citer | R

New SCH 2-hr is going to be the source of so much drama. Pissed of SCHs targetting mages with it, etc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-03 18:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
SE has directly slated that Rune Fencer will have higher damage output than a Paladin.

And yes, base STR is totally the determining factor in how much damage you can do.

lol It is for reso spam! But seriously, the difference in acc/att through skill difference isn't going to be a "significant" difference in their output I don't think. It's not like h2h. If I'm understanding it all correctly h2h is the only dmg majorly influenced by skill. But I see what you're getting at.
Traits, JAs, buffs, etc... Look at MS Rag WAR vs Rag DRK. Look at BLU Requiescat vs PLD Requiescat.

I'll be surprised if Rune Fencer actually ends up being useful either way.
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2012-08-03 18:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Dumbest 2hr in that update I believe.

Hey I'll transfer everyone enmity to you every 2hrs!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-03 18:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Cause it's not like enmity even caps. SE sometimes seems clueless.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-03 18:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Seems?

But yeah, that's a pretty niche 2hr. You can MPK someone with it, or you can use it to dump hate onto somebody in the rare case that you're holding adds, not supertanking, things somehow go horribly wrong.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-08-03 18:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
No, it's not the same cause fencer will defend itself with abilities, whilst paladin needs the shield, so no GS.

rampart, and sentinel do what exactly then? but clearly you guys got where i was goin. fair enough
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-03 19:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Seems?

But yeah, that's a pretty niche 2hr. You can MPK someone with it, or you can use it to dump hate onto somebody in the rare case that you're holding adds, not supertanking, things somehow go horribly wrong.

This is my plan. Every 2 hours. Someone is going down.

>:]
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-03 19:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Kal just trolled me, I thought this was a new thread, but she just changed the name -_-;;;;;;;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-08-03 19:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Cause it's not like enmity even caps. SE sometimes seems clueless.

Just sometimes?
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-08-03 19:56:57
Link | Citer | R

On top of that the big majority looks like a crap that should be a regular job abitlity... another meritable system crap to limit the point of the job system itself :/
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-08-03 20:43:35
Link | Citer | R

New SCH 2-hr is going to be the source of so much drama. Pissed of SCHs targetting mages with it, etc.

*Sarcasm on* wow Thank you SE, I can be like a thf every 2 hours *Sarcasm off* Since when can scholar fully control the flow of enmity like THF x.x come on SE! Augeo and Minuo aren't enough i guess.

anyway I kinda wonder what the name of DNC's new two hour be like?
"Finale"? or "Spotlight"?
By Quiznor 2012-08-03 20:47:06
Link | Citer | R

I can see your entire server using it on you for your FFXIAH avatars :P
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-03 20:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Does the sam 2hour let you avoid everything ironclads do (if it's on the test server/been tested)?
[+]
By ZerroTol 2012-08-03 20:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Wow, drg 2 hour got even worse. So instead of increased parameters, we get more Enhanced wyvern breath. Let's see, drg already has how many pieces they can equip to improve breath attacks?? There are 3 pieces of gear that can be equipped at the same time that increase it directly, this isnt counting wyvern hp+ gear. If we count this, drg has 7 slots, I believe, it can macro stuff in for healing/attack breath increases... I doubt anyone would go through that trouble, but it's there if we want it. This is not what drg needed.

Someone needs to re-sub the Hitler video on youtube for these new 2 hours lol.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-08-03 21:15:12
Link | Citer | R

Oh I almost forgot.

Have you guys found out about the duration of each new two hours last?
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-08-03 21:44:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Does the sam 2hour let you avoid everything ironclads do (if it's on the test server/been tested)?
can't use sam's yet
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-08-03 21:45:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Kal just trolled me, I thought this was a new thread, but she just changed the name -_-;;;;;;;

You're welcome =P
[+]
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-08-04 02:33:17
Link | Citer | R

As awful as most of these are, I'm still holding out for the merit system to increase their effectiveness. If they're designed to be enhanced then I would expect the base to be underwhelming. Let's just hope that the enhancements aren't all 'adds 5 seconds to the duration' and the like.

That said, I'm probably giving SE too much credit.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-08-04 03:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Monkeynutz said: »
As awful as most of these are, I'm still holding out for the merit system to increase their effectiveness. If they're designed to be enhanced then I would expect the base to be underwhelming. Let's just hope that the enhancements aren't all 'adds 5 seconds to the duration' and the like.

i thought about the same thing as well, but then i remembered that they also stated that current 2hours are going to get merits also.

thus right back to square one -.-;
 Ragnarok.Takagi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2012-08-04 04:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Like most everyone said already, DRG's new 2 hour sounds like crap, but I still wonder how much stronger the wyvern will be. If it increases the offensive breaths from like ~200 to ~800+, for 5 minutes or something, it might not be all THAT bad. With an OAT, you can spam a ***load of WS's in 5 minutes.
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2012-08-04 05:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Monkeynutz said: »

So how do you see SCHs 2hr being increased in effectiveness? Enlighten me please.

The only way I see this being increased in effectiveness is by making it where you direct hate to a target and there is no way ANYBODY in the party can steal hate from target for a given duration. Yet that would be OVERPOWERED... -_-
By Ophannus 2012-08-04 17:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Can we get a video of the new 2hrs that are out?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 29 30 31