Tuchulcha Testimonies...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Tuchulcha testimonies...
Tuchulcha testimonies...
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Arkhana
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Arkhana
By Cerberus.Arkhana 2009-05-24 10:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Has anybody infos to report about the Hagun ENM they would like to share ?

I'm currently trying to duo it with 2DRG/WHMs, and our biggest issue seems that we can't get the Antlions to pop fast enough (NM or regular ones). We just end up, most of the time, walking through the whole area without seeing anything for 2 or 3 minutes... it gets really frustrating.

So, i was wondering if it was just a "random" thing or if there could be a reason for it... does it only happen to us ?

Has anybody noticed if wearing movment speed modification items (Dusk gloves, Crimson pants) has an influence on mobs pop ?

Thanks for sharing ideas/advice ^^
[+]
 Garuda.Goldo
Serveur: Garuda
user: Goldo
By Garuda.Goldo 2009-05-24 11:30:28
Link | Citer | R

.dat swap or ApRadar

At the moment you're just wasting your time.
[+]
 Garuda.Ishkur
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-05-24 11:45:04
Link | Citer | R

I don't like cheating so I don't use dats swaps or windower for these kinda stuff.
We normally do this on a 3 man set up. WHM/SCH WAR/NIN SAM/NIN, WAR and SAM use 2hr. So I guess 2 DRG/WHM could do this, since you don't rely on someone else to do the healing.

What we do is run in a fan like formation like this (where we are the Xs):
X _ X
_ X_

Something like that. The more area you cover the higher the chances you have to find the mobs. idk if the mobs move underground, maybe someone with .dat swaps could tell you that. But I am under the impression that Tuchulucha moves and the others don't. So when he is the one last standing he can be a pain in the *** :P

Well since the more area you cover increases your chances I would recomend using movement speed+ like sprinter boots or powder boots if you miss too much time. And of couse take off stuff like Dusk Gloves or the like.

I hope I was somewhat helpful and happy hunting ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Allusion
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Allusion
By Lakshmi.Allusion 2009-05-24 11:57:54
Link | Citer | R

a duo is complete luck without apradar there is no "way" of determining where the nm will spawn after it depops but it does instantly repop somewhere on map. and sorry but when would wearing ims or dms gear ever effect ***other than how u run???
[+]
 Garuda.Rae
user: Rae
By Garuda.Rae 2009-06-12 15:34:04
Link | Citer | R

I've only done that ENM once but 2 of us had movement + gear on and ran around looking for him.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-06-12 15:40:31
Link | Citer | R

if you have to use apradar to win.. then yea. Get off the *** game because lets face it.. you dont meet the skill factor.

anyone who uses it should be banned. no questions asked.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Cyr
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Cyr
By Diabolos.Cyr 2009-06-12 15:43:17
Link | Citer | R

I solo it every 5 days as rdm/blm using radar. Cake
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-12 15:45:09
Link | Citer | R

Xellith said:
if you have to use apradar to win.. then yea. Get off the *** game because lets face it.. you dont meet the skill factor.

Pee Pee hurts much?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-12 15:49:11
Link | Citer | R

ApRadar is win.
 Asura.Israfel
Serveur: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-12 15:52:39
Link | Citer | R

APradar might be awesome and give sooo many advantages, but it really does take the challenge factor out of so many things... So I can see where Xellith is coming from. The sad thing is I think the playerbase on the whole is getting lazier and wants the shiny items -now-, hence why so many people agree to the use of such a tool.

For the record, I'm not a radar user either lol :<
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-12 15:54:02
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm... Can you use the wireframe mode in Windower too? I've never done the ENM btw.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-12 15:55:55
Link | Citer | R

I am unsure of this, but I think the OP is looking for legitimate ways to win this in a duo, as opposed to using hacks and the like to win ; ;
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-12 15:56:40
Link | Citer | R

Israfel said:
I am unsure of this, but I think the OP is looking for legitimate ways to win this in a duo, as opposed to using hacks and the like to win ; ;

There are legitimate ways to win this ENM? =O jk ^^
 Kujata.Jennypoo
Serveur: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-12 15:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
I've been trio'ing this ENM for awhile. Started with BLU SAM WHM, but changed to BLU NIN WHM.

About 2/20 on Hagun. curses.

I agree, just use ApRadar. It's not cheating, it's making the ENM right. :X

Cases such as this where people go 0/10+, using apradar isnt a question of skill, its a question of "OMFG will this ENM ever put out?"

I didnt use apradar for the first 20~ times I did it. Then it got boring.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-12 15:59:18
Link | Citer | R

lol hypno XD I usually static this with a 4 man, occasionally picking up an extra 2 if we feel like it. It's easy^^, but I'll admit there's times where we're close to timing out.... But that's half the fun of it for me lol. The ENM would become soooo damn boring if it was on easymode, for me anyhow... And jennypoo, using apradar is lazeh!! It doesn't affect the items in your treasure-pool D:, so if you can consistantly win it without radar you'll have the same chances as someone using radar :P (kinda... it makes sense in my head! D: )
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-12 16:01:54
Link | Citer | R

Israfel said:
lol hypno XD I usually static this with a 4 man, occasionally picking up an extra 2 if we feel like it. It's easy^^, but I'll admit there's times where we're close to timing out.... But that's half the fun of it for me lol. The ENM would become soooo damn boring if it was on easymode, for me anyhow... And jennypoo, using apradar is lazeh!! It doesn't affect the items in your treasure-pool D:, so if you can consistantly win it without radar you'll have the same chances as someone using radar :P (kinda... it makes sense in my head! D: )

If you get a hagun in the pool, 2 mil between 4 people as compared to 1 or 2 is a big difference.

The ENM is boring as hell either way you do it, using the radar or dats just makes it a bit more profitable.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-12 16:02:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm sitting on 0/10ish using the not so legitimate methods. It seems 7/10 times we only get "Viridian Urushi" or "Kejusu Satin". We've gotten two Galateia and one Forager's Mantle. With such shitty drop rates and the difficulty factor of this ENM (legitimately) it no wonder cheat methods are being regularly used.

There's nothing like waiting 5 days to climb the stupid mountain and get to the ENM entrance for it to drop a 1k item for 3-4 people to split.
[+]
 Kujata.Jennypoo
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-12 16:03:10
Link | Citer | R

True Barti, this thread turned into more of an Apradar debate than talk about Tuchulcha... XD

So heres a little contribution. Its a MSPaint i found on the internet I used to use, it shows all the pop locations possible, including the "entrance" pop location where if you are trying to solo and get a helper pop there, then you're in for some fun.

User submitted image

The red dots represent the pop locations. The red line is the most popular kite route, the blue line is an alternate kite route (I have not tested the blue route) but it may be possible to use this if you get a helper pop @ kite rock :/
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-12 16:03:30
Link | Citer | R

I can say this 100% honestly -- I do it for the fun lol
If I did everything for cash ingame, I'd become a sad and twisted individual, but I take more pleasure in bashing antlions and splitting drops 4-6 ways than having lots of cash and a miserable time :P
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Ragnell
Serveur: Shiva
user: Ragnell
By Shiva.Ragnell 2009-06-12 16:43:09
Link | Citer | R

Xellith said:

So Skill is finding a randomly popping mob?
lol
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-12 16:48:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnell said:
Xellith said:

So Skill is finding a randomly popping mob?
lol

No, skill is finding a randomly popping mob 4 times within 15 minutes that binds you when it buries itself and does some decent damage when you aggro it with pit ambush on top of dealing with the other mobs that could randomly spawn as well. >.>
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-06-12 16:50:43
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
Jennypoo said:
True Barti, this thread turned into more of an Apradar debate than talk about Tuchulcha... XD

So heres a little contribution. Its a MSPaint i found on the internet I used to use, it shows all the pop locations possible, including the "entrance" pop location where if you are trying to solo and get a helper pop there, then you're in for some fun.

User submitted image

"This is a log" lol :X

A log of what? D:

Israfel said:
I can say this 100% honestly -- I do it for the fun lol
If I did everything for cash ingame, I'd become a sad and twisted individual, but I take more pleasure in bashing antlions and splitting drops 4-6 ways than having lots of cash and a miserable time :P

QFT. It's just a fun ENM, I used to do it a couple times per week for almost a year [I can climb that mountain mofo blindfolded] and only saw 2 Haguns and a handful of Forager Mantles. The abysmal drop rate is the reason for the high price. :P
[+]
 Kujata.Jennypoo
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-12 17:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Sammitch said:
A log of what? D:

This

Sorry, couldnt resist.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-12 17:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Jennypoo said:
Sammitch said:
A log of what? D:

http://www.snotr.com/video/228

Sorry, couldnt resist.

EVERYONE WANTS A LOG!!!!
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2009-06-12 17:14:38
Link | Citer | R

lol! Ren&Stimpy <3
 Kujata.Daus
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-06-12 17:42:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

Hmmm... Can you use the wireframe mode in Windower too? I've never done the ENM btw.

Yeah you can sorda. I've duo'd and trio'd this NM quite a bit and never got anything worthwhile. A friend who plays on the PS2 or Xbox one, the way he does it is he rotates the camera to where he can see through walls and under I guess and he's perty darn accurate at locating the NMs location. He has a little route he follows near the walls of the arena..I've never seen him pop a non-nm when Ive gone with him.

since he told me about the wall thing I decided "hey..lets try fillmode" and it kinda works. You definitely know when you see Tuchulcha, he's huge and just sits under ground waiting for you to step on him. But you can only see so far and its easy to lose him and you cant see the adds so you still run a chance of running into them.

So you can still look through walls through legitimate means and win. I've duo'd it with a sam while I was rdm/whm. No special strategy, guess maybe..we just..killed fast?
First Page 2