Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-23 02:10:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Spira said: »
lol. i didn't even import.

i'm well aware they came out in the same patch, but officially they're still NOT regarded as all Zilart jobs. And thats the point i'm trying to make. Officially, they're different.

this will be my last post regarding this.
but if you need proof, just take a look at the way SMN is arranged as opposed to SAM NIN DRG.

http://www.playonline.com/comnews/200304152139.html
I posted that link earlier in this thread. SMN is mentioned first because it is "in regard to all players" whereas SAM/DRG/NIN are "in regard to ROZ purchasers."

"Officially" they are regarded as nothing. That's right, absolutely no designation. If you call them Zilart, I call them Zilart, then together we have a terminology accepted as "Zilart". Otherwise no, we don't. Since between us, we don't agree on what "Zilart" means, or SMN fitting under the Zilart job profile, the term "Zilart job" is discontiguous. In other words, it means nothing. I could (and I did) say that DRG isn't a Zilart job either by the same various technicalities you've imposed, and some new ones not yet existing. DRG happens to take an arbitrary quality that makes it require ROZ while not in any way requiring said expansion

It's not very useful to use such terminology so I think it's probably why we adapted to much more universally understood. To this day you may disagree that Zilart includes SMN, but I'll just simply maintain you're wrong.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Spira
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Spira
By Ragnarok.Spira 2012-06-23 02:57:07
Link | Citer | R

not that any of it really matters.
agree to disagree.
[+]
 Bahamut.Airget
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Airget
By Bahamut.Airget 2012-06-23 03:11:34
Link | Citer | R

It's easy to get that mistaken though since Zilart did release a lot of what would make SMN a summoner. When Summoner was first released it was pretty much just dinky elementals and carby but it wasn't until Zilart came out that the content involving all of the avatars was released.

I guess to go for a middle for all of this you could say that Zilart was the "additional avatar" expansion for SMN if you wished to have more versatility for your SMN.
---------

On topic though does anyone think that they'll ever investigate N/S/E? It kind of sounds like they are ignoring those areas because of lore conflict that may occur/intertwining with older expansions however I would imagine that could be easy to fix in itself. Don't get me wrong I"m not complaining about what this content is offering, it sounds completely awesome exploration, community based expansion to unlock areas and lots of mysteries to discover. It kind of sounds like they got this idea from Wakfu's ecosystem but they are alsousing the concepts that learned from WoTG and Abyssea to add to this open world area. Abyssea had those mobs that could only be revealed when certain requirements were unlocked but then they were unlocked for good. That's the vibe I get when I think of the concepts in this expansion and it'll definitely be fun if they release it right.

With the concepts they have in mind I kind of hope they release part at 100% rather then 33% in which you have to wait to see what comes next or how things will expand next. I'd like them to release the expansion in one of the following ways.
-Have where the exploration is 100% for at least one area and maybe 33% for the other areas which is unlocked by the base area.
-Only open up 2-3 zones upon release and make it where all those have to be 100% to unlock the other zones but said zones won't be introduced til later on but each addition would add 2-3 zones for a total of 9 or maybe 18 lol.

I just hope that this exploration concept doesn't turn out to be lackluster by making it to easy to find everything, though they are good at hiding things so maybe that won't be an issue. It would be interesting if they could create an algorithm that makes each server unique in terms of where things are placed, so if Bahamut finds a can in x location that same cave may be at y location on Asura. I think it just be an awesome way to make each server unique from one another in terms of how things are figured out. Rather then letting one server find everything and tell all the other servers, each server would have to be able to find the locations of certain caves/hives in their own little community but the servers themselves could still work together to figure out strategies to defeat certain foes.

There's a lot of potential with this expansion pack, I just hope they don't cut out any of the concepts they have planned for it like the Colosseum in ToAU. If they cut out any of the exploration concepts they'll lost a lot of peoples interest cause I think that's the main grab with this expansion atm so they really need to deliver on everything they've mentioned and not leave anything on the cutting room floor.

Definitely looking forward to the Dev session tomorrow XD wonder what else they are hiding aside from the other new job coughmystic/rune/spellbladeknightcough.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-06-23 03:25:50
Link | Citer | R

Those new areas look exactly the same as Jeuno, dunes and wajaom woodlands. I really hope the finished product will have some different textures and enviromental details...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2012-08-20 17:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Necro bump!. wow didn't think this topic was THAT old...

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Those new areas look exactly the same as Jeuno, dunes and wajaom woodlands. I really hope the finished product will have some different textures and enviromental details...

chances are its the same textures due to... you guessed it.. PS2 limitations. however i'm extreamly thankfull to see at least new zones unlike *cough* WoG (90% reskins) and all the areas from the abyssea are 100% reskins.

its been a wile since some real zones. can't wait! :D
By Latifah 2012-08-20 17:24:56
Link | Citer | R

the topic is misleading. no such thing as patented expan, but registered.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-08-20 17:33:15
Link | Citer | R

What are you talking about?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9